PINK ROSE

By Lekhikawrites

BOOK ONE OF ROSE SERIES #1 "I know I'm not perfect, I don't have a perfect body like other girls, I'm not as... More

Prologue & Note
Aesthetics & Playlist
~2.
~3.
~4.
~5.
~6.
~7.
~8.
~9.
~10.
~11.
~12.
~13.
~14.
~15.
~16.
~17.
~18.
~19.
~20.
~21.
~22.
~23.
~24.
~25.
~26.
~27.

~1.

4.8K 235 27
By Lekhikawrites

|| AAKRITI'S POV||

The knock on the door snapped me out of my reverie. I got to my feet and waited for someone to open it,
Within a second the door swung open revealing Namrata Didi.

"Whoa, my darling!", She looked up and down at me, saying, "You are looking so pretty!" She looked at me lovingly as I gave her a gentle smile.

We spent a few pleasant minutes staring at each other before,

"Didi?" I attempted to break the silence.

"Ye...yes," her voice trembled, and her beautiful eyes glistened, causing me to cry again.

"No no! Not now baccha! it's okay, easy! easy! She mumbled, "Take a deep breath," as she cupped my cheeks in her palm.

"I'm... not... ready!" I answered honestly.

"I understand, Baccha!But you know I trust him," she said softly, rubbing my shoulders to soothe me. I closed my eyes letting my tears fall and instantly didi wiped them off.

She fixed the tiny hairs that were falling on my forehead and tucked my dupatta over my head. She took my hand and made me walk with her.

My lehenga was too heavy to carry, and I was wearing it with all of my heavy jewelry.

We went downstairs, and Didi did everything she could to make me feel at ease in this uncomfortable situation.

We walked out of the room and reached my wedding pavilion.

Yes, you heard it right! Today is my wedding with someone whom I barely know; I only know his name. How? When? That's another story, will tell you some other day. When I came to a halt near my wedding mandap, I noticed a hand nearby, which he extended towards me. I was staring blankly until Didi kept my hand in his, breaking my trance with him.

He looked beautiful in that traditional attire; oh, sorry, he looked handsome. I raked my eyes everywhere to adjust myself to this atmosphere.
We both sat near the bonfire as the wedding rituals began. I downcast myself, not meeting anyone's eyes because I was so uneasy and anxious at the time. My mind was exploding with both unknown and known thoughts about myself. My hands started shivering, and I felt a rush of panic inside me. My thoughts of the river were interrupted when I felt a hand on my palm and lifted my gaze to meet with his. He was holding my hand and passed me assuring smile.  I don't know why whenever I looked into his eyes, they always seemed soft and assuring towards me.
I kept my gaze fixed on him as he took the nuptial chain and tied it around my neck, and a single pair of tears streamed from my eyes.
He took a pinch of vermillion and applied it to my line. He gently wiped the tear from my cheek and whispered into my ear,

"Everything will be fine and I want you to trust me",

"Why should I?" I responded instantly.

"Because I will give you every reason to trust me!" he replied in his authoritative tone, taking my hand in his,  I stood up for the holy seven rounds.
After completing the ritual, we took blessings from the elders. I am not sure what to feel; neither happy nor sad.

The entire ceremony was completed peacefully; The food was also very tasty, But everyone made us eat from one plate, I hate sharing food but I loved it when he didn't eat the sweets which eventually reserved for me, The time passed and now it is the time for my bidaai, and I am not ready for this! Is it necessary to go? I can stay here with Maa and Didi. Because I can not face Didi and Maa. First, I walked toward Didi, but she was determined not to cry, but when she hugged me, all control vanished. She is like a second mother to me, and I can not stop thanking her for everything. I am unable to proceed with my thoughts. I simply want this moment to end. We both stopped crying when my uncle approached and patted my shoulder. Yuck! This man!

I ignored him and walked toward my Maa, but I just couldn't! This feeling is beyond description. This is an extremely heartbreaking moment for me. After all these years living with them and then an unknown person came to take you with him.

If I did not move right now, I would not be able to move later, My sobs became harsh, When he held my hand again, I shifted towards him, my head falling to his chest.

My mother folded her hand as she looked at him, and he stopped her right away.

My mother said to him, "Aise samajh lein hum humari jaan hi de rahe hai, Sambhal lena."

"Aap fikar mat kijiye, meri zimmedari hai woh ab," he said calmly.

We both moved toward his car.
He made me sit inside, and he sat beside me as well. I was still sniffing. I was feeling sad right now because I didn't want to leave my Didi and Maa.

The journey began toward his home, and I was still crying when I heard his voice calling me.

"Kriti-?" he called out softly.

I simply turned my teary gaze toward him.
He moved his hand to my face and wiped away my tears. Aww!

"Bas karo boht ro liya ab," he said, placing a water bottle near my lips.
I parted my lips and allowed him to make me drink water. I took four to five sips of water.
I glared at him once more, furious.

"How can you say that?" I asked, snapping at him.

"What?" he asked, confused.

"How can you say that? Stop crying." I just said goodbye to my mother and sister, and you said not to cry. "You are so bad," I said angrily. How could he say that? But before that, I heard someone laugh, and it was Aarav (Abhivant's cousin's brother); I was so busy crying that I did not notice he was sitting in the passenger seat.

When I saw Aarav laughing, I turned my gaze to him, who was glaring at him. Will he be mad at me as well? I think I should keep my mouth shut in front of him and not act like a stupid.
I hesitantly lowered my head and looked out the window. The journey was silent but my thoughts were violent, Yes I overthink a lot but right now I'm only figuring out how my life took a drastic change in just a few weeks. Married to a person, whom I barely know or probably he also doesn't know anything about me. If it wasn't that day, We would have never bound like this. His words, actions, and eyes always held an assurance for me that I could trust him. Do we have any future? I don't know. Is there any scope in this relationship? I don't know. But I know one thing this is the weird game of our destiny.

I looked down at my hands which were filled with Henna and red bangles adorned on my wrist. I stared at them blankly when I felt someone's gaze on me. I tilted my head slightly and found him looking at me but he was instant to divert his gaze.  I stayed silent and tried to calm my racing thoughts.

🤡

We finally reached his penthouse!
Everyone was tired, All of the family members were in their respective rooms, and I am currently in his. I am not sure, but I was feeling very foreign at the time. How my life changed in just one month; I never imagined marrying someone at the age of twenty-one. I felt vulnerable thinking about how things had changed. Was this my fault? No! Didi said it was not my fault. So I should not be thinking like that after Didi told me I could trust him. I exhaled deeply as I swept my gaze across his room. It was beautifully decorated with plenty of roses. Yes, this is our first night. Wait! Wait! First night???

I instantly felt a rush of adrenaline as I processed the situation. My eyes filled with tears, and my hands began to tremble.

The door swung open with such force that I was unable to move forward. I lifted my gaze to meet his.

His cold gaze fell on me, and I abruptly stood up from the bed, looking at him through tears. He is still wearing the same outfit. He glanced at me before moving to his wardrobe, taking his clothes, and he went inside the washroom.

What will happen now? But it's not a real marriage, Right?? he will not do anything like that. Oh my God, Krishna ji baccha Li jiye Aaj! I took some harsh breaths to calm myself when finally he came out of the washroom. I again looked at him hesitantly, but now he didn't even glance at me. When he started moving toward the bed, I was still thinking foolish things.

But he walked towards the other side of the bed and took the comforter and pillow, before going towards the couch he asked me,

"You don't want to change?",

"Huh? Yes... yes", I stuttered and stood up but stopped because I didn't know where is my suitcase. I  turned and looked at him before I could ask he told me that my suitcase was near his wardrobe, I nodded and started moving toward his wardrobe but something again came into my mind and I turned to face him, he was standing feet away from me but still I was feeling so intimidated by him.
I gulped before asking,

"Where will you sleep ?", he looked at me and I was waiting for the answer.

"Maybe here", he replied pointing towards the couch, on this couch? Like seriously? He is huge, how will he sleep on this couch?
I raked my eyes first at him then at the couch and another stupid question escaped from my mouth,

"How will you fit here?", and he gave a very intense and different yet cold look.

"Mtlb aap itne bade ho is kaise so paoge?", I never leave a chance to embarrass myself. But to my surprise, he chuckled and said something that didn't reach my ears.

So I squinted my eyes to find an answer but he said, that he would sleep there only. I wouldn't mind. I nodded and moved inside but then I looked at myself, Ohh God this jewelry, hairpins 😭😭 God what I'm doing on earth? I removed my jewelry except for my nuptial chain and when I  started removing hairpins it was making my hair entangled with each other creating a mess for some more minutes I knew I couldn't do this I needed someone's help.

Should I ask him?

_________________________________________

Hello lovelies

So here I introduce my babies 😭
I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to Vote and Comment✨
The next Chapter will be uploaded tomorrow 🌷
With All love lekhika❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.2K 3.7K 38
𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐇𝐈 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐖𝐀𝐋♡ Bow to the Queen Before Speaking ~ A Beauty with Brain, Sassy Attitude with a Kind & Unique Personality. At just the age...
70.7K 4K 39
"She had a memory lost vihan" Aksh said keeping his hand in my shoulder. "And s-she doesn't r-remember you" shantanu said. I feel like my whole worl...
29.4K 1.8K 15
𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐬, 𝐢𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐚 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 �...
30.2K 2.4K 22
2 book in Secrets of the Heart Series _____ Enter the world of 'The Reluctant Union' where duty and expectations clash with unexpected emotions. Aar...