Saving Her

By Skyscraper2010

Lexa, a six-year-old young girl gets taken to the airport with Children's Services in Jamaica. She is suppose... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24

Chapter 23

101 5 1
By Skyscraper2010

Arriving back home, Mick, Lexa and Zeke arrive to the apartment before getting settled there. Receiving a text message from Saanvi, Mick reads the message.

Hey Mick, it's Saanvi, you, Lexa and all the passengers that checked in with Ben and I have the same blood marker. Cal and I are the first to be tested and it's like we were freezing or on ice for body temperature before warming up. In other words, someone restarted our hearts. Call me if you have any questions. I'm just getting ready to tell Ben the news. Ben told me you guys found someone who went missing as well. I would love to help them in any way I can.

Sending a quick message back to Saanvi, saying thank you and see her soon; Mick approaches Lexa to tell her she needs to head to work soon.

"Cal." Lexa whispers as Mick picks her up.

"Okay, I'll take you to see Cal today." Mick promises before giving Lexa a hug.

"I love you, mommy."

"I love you too, honey." Due to the fact it's afternoon now, Mick texts Grace and Ben – who are back together again to see if it's okay for Lexa to visit while she's at work. Once the reply comes in with the okay, Zeke offers to meet the family and to help babysit them which Mick, Grace and Ben all agree in the end.

In the car once they are ready to leave, Mick turns on the heat before buckling up and backing out of the stall. During the drive, Zeke smiles hearing Lexa humming in the back while listening to the music playing on the radio. Before Zeke could notice, he has a vision of a black wolf attacking Mick; little does he know Lexa and Cal sees it too.

As the vision end for Zeke and Lexa, Lexa looks up to notice that they are now at the Stone's residence, parked. Looking at her mom, Lexa has tears in her eyes.

"Be careful of the black wolf, mommy. Please?" Lexa begs tearfully, causing Mick to immediately climb out and open Lexa's door.

After asking Lexa what she means, Cal runs out of the house with his sketchbook, after hearing his little cousin burst into tears.

"Auntie Mick, I had the same calling as Lex." Cal interrupts sadly. Opening his book to the correct page, Cal shows what they saw. A black wolf at Mick's apartment and leaping at her.

"I had a vision like that." Zeke agrees nervously from behind them.

"I'll be okay, Lex. I promise." Mick promises, "I will fight for you, remember?" Unbuckling Lexa, Mick pulls Lexa into a hug and kisses her forehead, "Let's all get inside and settled."

Grabbing Lexa's bag before closing and locking the SUV, Mick carries her daughter inside before getting her settled. Getting stopped by Lexa on her way out, Mick bends down and hugs her once more.

"I'll be okay. Whatever this calling fires at me, I promise to fight with everything I must to stay with you." Mick promises once more, "Besides, I will call Grace and Ben to check up on you."

"Be careful." Lexa sniffles.

"I will." Gently pecking Lexa's lips, Lexa smiles as they pull apart and Mick wipes her tears away.

***

As Ben goes to Saanvi's office at the hospital, he sees the similar red X on the door but it's faint now from the paint being scrubbed off. Stepping into her office, the place is trashed aside from the pamphlet of the 'Church of the Returned'. Immediately calling his little sister who picks up the call from desk duty at the current moment, Ben explains the situation.

"I will track her phone to get a location. I need you to go to this 'church' and speak to the owner." Mick orders gently, "I will meet you there okay, Ben?"

"Sounds good. I will text you the address." Ben agrees.

Arriving to the Church of the Returned, Mick spots Ben standing outside and updates him that she has someone at the station tracking Saanvi's phone to get a possible location. Walking into the 'church', Mick speaks with Adrian while Ben looks at the message board of the members.

"What's with the message board?" Ben asks as Mick and Adrian walks over.

"Prayer requests." Adrian shrugs, "Some people are looking at us passengers as angels."

"This is built on lies, isn't it?" Mick voices her thoughts, "It's all a fraud."

"I know." Adrian agrees, "But, it's helping them."

"Adrian, someone kidnapped our friend, and we need your help to find her. She was a passenger and is a cancer researcher and doctor in that special field." Mick sighs.

"One of the church members' husband, has cancer and is dying." He reveals.

"Do you know her name?" Ben wonders.

"Alice Ciccone." Adrian confesses, "She's desperate to save her husband."

"She's dangerous as well. Thank you." Mick thanks before she and Ben leave Adrian's church. Sitting on the bench outside together, Mick immediately calls in to work and gives Alice's name so they can look up her address.

***

Pulling up to Alice's house, Mick and Ben climb out of Mick's SUV after Mick grabs her gun for just in case. Turning the sound off of their phones, Ben and his little sister approach the front door. Noticing it's already slightly open, Mick signals for Ben to go around back which he does so.

Slipping through the open door, Mick does a quick sweep before opening the back door for her brother. As the two of them disappear down the hall checking all rooms, Mick follows Alice's shouting and speeds up her pace.

Arriving to the partially open-door, Mick spots Saanvi at gun point and gestures for her to get down. Stomping her foot to earn herself Alice's attention, Mick punches her hard in the face as she disarms her.

Once the gun is kicked out of view, Mick handcuffs her before pulling out her phone to call for backup.

After the arrest, and the paramedics looks over Alice's husband and Saanvi, they take the husband away for getting him his final care or comfort as he dies.

As they leave, Mick drops Saanvi and Ben at the Stone residence, before leaving to finish her shift.

***

Two hours later, Mick is assigned to supervise the retrieval of the getaway car – from a robbery three days ago. The car crashed into the East River with no survivors.

Once the car is set on the ground, Mick approaches the van, and opens the door. Seeing the driver's hand twitch, Mick backs up slightly in time for the robber to try and attack her. As the robber, James Griffin, chokes to try and bring up the remaining water and to get air in his lungs; Mick knows Griffin would be the black wolf from her daughter's, nephew's and Zeke's calling.

Before the paramedics' load Griffin into the ambulance, Mick handcuffs him to the bed they use for transport before she follows the ambulance to the hospital where Saanvi works.

Arriving to the hospital, Mick follows the paramedics' to where Griffin is starting to get treatment from the medical staff. Keeping Griffin handcuffed to the bed, Mick sits down and writes in her report about him. Hearing the start of Griffin's first calling, Mick immediately starts to record it.

"Where's the bomb?" Mick whispers as the calling gets harsher on him. Letting out a scream, Griffin draws the attention of a doctor for the Emergency Room.

"Get out!" The doctor orders Mick while pushing a medication into the IV that puts Griffin to sleep.

"He knew something about a bomb threat, and you just blew the chance of finding out where it is!" Mick snaps angrily before grabbing her things and leaving Griffin's room.

"Mick!" Mick hears Ben's voice while passing the waiting room. Looking up, Mick immediately smiles seeing Ben and Saanvi there. Giving Saanvi a well needed hug, the two girls pull away.

"How are you both?" Mick whispers as she sits down on a empty chair and both of them joins her.

"I'm okay." Ben answers.

"Shaken up." Saanvi confesses softly, "I met Zeke." Seeing Mick blush, Saanvi and Ben notice.

"You have a crush." Ben teases.

"Shut up." Mick laughs slightly, "I will try to convince him to come in and see you."

"It's okay, Mick. He already gave me a sample to test." Saanvi reveals.

"That's good." Mick smiles, "I think you should do a test on Griffin, for blood work. He was underwater for three days, and I think it might be like what happened to us and Zeke."

"Okay, I will force the issue if I have to." Saanvi agrees.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178 12 2
"What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word, and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That's a...
No Hero By Lauren

Fanfiction

202K 6.4K 56
Freya Wright has been in solitary for half a year. Locked up in the 'sky box' until her case is reviewed once she's 18. She knew that she would be fl...
27.9K 650 17
๐—–๐—ฎ๐—น ๐—ฆ๐˜๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ ๐˜… ๐—ข๐—– ๐—ก๐—ฒ๐˜„ ๐˜‚๐—ฝ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜†๐˜„๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ <3 #1 ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐— ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ถ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜ By: Shanya Samuel
919 53 15
Violet Stone is the daughter of Michaela Stone, on that day in 2013 Violet takes that plane with her mom. What will happen next?