-๏ผค๏ผก๏ผต๏ผฎ๏ผด๏ผฌ๏ผฅ๏ผณ๏ผณ- ๐‘—๐‘œโ„Ž๐‘›๐‘›๐‘ฆ ๐‘™๐‘Ž๏ฟฝ...

By ruthie_smc1

๐ท๐ด๐‘ˆ๐‘๐‘‡๐ฟ๐ธ๐‘†๐‘†; ๐šƒ๐š˜ ๐šœ๐š‘๐š˜๐š  ๐š๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š›๐š•๐šŽ๐šœ๐šœ๐š—๐šŽ๐šœ๐šœ ๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐š๐šŽ๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐š–๐š’๐š—๐šŠ๐š๐š’๐š˜๐š—. Samantha Emmer... More

๐ŸŽ โ€ข ๐ˆ๐๐“๐‘๐Ž๐ƒ๐”๐‚๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐
๐Ÿ โ€ข ๐‹๐Ž๐’ ๐€๐๐†๐„๐‹๐„๐’
๐Ÿ โ€ข ๐๐„๐€๐‚๐‡ ๐๐€๐‘๐“๐˜
๐Ÿ‘ โ€ข ๐๐‹๐Ž๐๐ƒ๐ˆ๐„
๐Ÿ’ โ€ข ๐’๐‚๐‘๐€๐๐„๐’
๐Ÿ“ โ€ข ๐๐Ž๐๐’๐€๐ˆ
๐Ÿ” โ€ข ๐๐€๐‘๐“๐˜ ๐๐‹๐€๐๐๐ˆ๐๐†
๐Ÿ• โ€ข ๐Œ๐˜๐’๐“๐„๐‘๐˜ ๐Œ๐€๐
๐Ÿ– โ€ข ๐๐„๐†๐Ž๐“๐ˆ๐€๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐
๐Ÿ— โ€ข ๐”๐๐ƒ๐„๐‘ ๐๐‘๐„๐’๐’๐”๐‘๐„
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ โ€ข ๐๐ˆ๐‚๐„ ๐†๐”๐˜
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ โ€ข ๐“๐Ž๐”๐‘ ๐†๐”๐ˆ๐ƒ๐„
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ โ€ข ๐‰๐„๐€๐‹๐Ž๐”๐’๐˜, ๐‰๐„๐€๐‹๐Ž๐”๐’๐˜
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘ โ€ข ๐‚๐‡๐„๐‘๐‘๐˜ ๐‘๐„๐ƒ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’ โ€ข ๐„๐—๐๐„๐‚๐“ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐”๐๐„๐—๐๐„๐‚๐“๐„๐ƒ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“ โ€ข ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐ƒ๐€๐–๐๐ˆ๐๐†
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ” โ€ข ๐๐‹๐ˆ๐๐ƒ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ– โ€ข ๐€๐ƒ๐ƒ๐ˆ๐‚๐“๐ˆ๐•๐„
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ— โ€ข ๐“๐‡๐‘๐Ž๐”๐†๐‡ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐†๐‘๐€๐๐„๐•๐ˆ๐๐„
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ โ€ข ๐‚๐Ž๐๐…๐‘๐Ž๐๐“๐€๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐๐’

๐Ÿ๐Ÿ• โ€ข ๐‘๐ˆ๐ƒ๐„ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐‹๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“๐๐ˆ๐๐†

272 4 4
By ruthie_smc1

🅡🅘🅓🅔 🅣🅗🅔 🅛🅘🅖🅗🅣🅝🅘🅝🅖
─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────

As I pull up to the pizza shop on the corner around Reseda, I spot Daniel leaning against the window, a poster of a slice being advertised on the one beside him. The typical warm weather had subdued and was taken over by a damp cloak that drenched all of California. I glance up and down the dimly street as I cross the parking lot, holding the collar of my jacket upright and against my neck to prevent droplets from sliding down the inside lining.

"Hurry, it's too cold to be out here." Daniel states upon realizing I was in no more than a thin cardigan. He presses his back against the door to keep it open for me and quickly allows it to slam shut once I got inside, exhaling a sigh of relief at the wave of warmth that flooded my body.

"I never thought I'd say California weather is cold coming from Chicago, but fuck." Daniel exerts a half smile. We spoke a bit on the phone before agreeing to meet up and finish the conversation so we're what I'd consider civil at this point.

He spins a salt shaker on the table in continuous loops although the awkward tension was going to be there no matter what, but he attempted to avoid it anyways.

"So...how's life as a cobra?" He asks after a few seconds of silence.

"It's fine for the most part. They're dickheads, but tolerable most of the time." His eyebrows shoot up. "Some of the time." I correct and he seems more satisfied with this description. "So, how's life as a mini Miyagi?"

His lips curve into a grin and it seems genuine for the first time in a while. "Thriving," He replies and I lean back into my chair playfully.

"I'm gonna need a run down." I inform him and he explains everything he's been doing to 'train', but I'd consider it more of housemaid activities compared to what the cobras have been practicing to be honest. "No offense, but how is sanding his deck going to help you kick Lawrence's ass at the All Valley?"

"No idea, but I might lose it if I have to check off one more chore from his to do list." Daniel explains, quickly thanking the older woman who slides our pizza across the table, radiating heat from its box before we even think to open it.

"Honestly, I think you've got a pretty good shot." I admit, taking a slice from the circular delicacy. "Johnny is way too arrogant to not get in his head and the rest are a few steps behind, aside from Bobby."

"Noted," He takes a bite, "So...Johnny's arrogant now?" He references the fact I was practically defending the boy at Golf N' Stuff and I almost feel embarrassed by the memory.

"Let's try to keep king karate from becoming to focal point of the conversation, please?" I reply hopefully, receiving a playful eye roll.

"Then what are we here for if not to talk bad about the guy?"

"You're terrible, LaRusso."

"Could be worse; I could be Johnny Lawrence." He nods with his finger pointed out at me, earning a snicker in response. On the exterior I displayed amusement, but in my mind, I wasn't only contemplating about our quarrel earlier today, but how much I didn't enjoy it. I hated that I didn't and I hated that I didn't want him to hate me.

It was the type of annoyance with yourself that's caused because you're unable to resolve the issue due to agreeing with both the conflicting sides. Unfortunately, it wasn't just two parts of myself on the outs, but two parts of my life being separated in every aspect.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. I don't have it that bad with you after all." I display a soft smile as I gaze out the window and into the pouring abyss. Daniel's silent for a moment as he watches me, but I keep my eyes trained outside.

"I'm sorry for everything that happened, Sam, I really am." He admits gingerly and a sense of tranquility rushes through every vein in my body.

"Yeah, I'm sorry too, Danny." I spot the relief in his eyes at my response and his tense body subtly sinks into his chair.

"I know it's not your fault that this is happening. I just hate that this whole deal is ruining everything. Even before last weekend, I'd barely seen you and Erik since Halloween. It's a lose lose situation and it just sucks, man." He presses his forehead against his hands before raking them through his hair.

"Yeah, Erik's been saying that too. But at least, on the upside, you can finally get to spend time with Ali without having to worry." A light blush appears on the apples of Daniel's cheeks at the mention of the blonde.

"She's something, Sam." He smiles, attempting to stop his giddiness from showing.

"Oh I know she is. By the way she spoke a few times, I thought she was gonna pick a fight with the cobras herself and honestly I'd bet a good amount on her."

"I'm sure she's picked up a couple things." He snickers. "But Ali aside, I've missed you guys."

"It's been weird, but I think I know what would fix all of this." I suggest thoughtfully and his eyes grow wide.

"God, please not another one of your realizations. The last time that ended us on the side of the road with no car." I giggle at the memory but shake my head nevertheless.

"No, dickhead, go carts." His expression grows bright and he quickly agrees with the idea before we finish up our pizza and sit there for a little while longer before exiting the pizza shop on good terms with each other again.

The rest of the week was actually nice for a change. Daniel began sitting with Ali and I at lunch again and Erik seemed to hold a little less resentment against me knowing that I'd made up with the Daniel even though he didn't formally know what it was over. I refused to speak to Johnny at all costs and luckily enough, our English teacher had decided to change our seats, placing me on the polar opposite end of the room.

I assumed Bobby knew something that I didn't since he hadn't mentioned Johnny or anything relating to his argument with Tommy whatsoever. If anything his main focus was on Andie, which I openly supported and so did she clearly when ever I saw her giggling as they stood together talking in the cafeteria line. Dad has been hanging around a while longer than I expected and with that, it almost seemed as if Mom was beginning to start to enjoy his company again.

On Saturday morning, I sluggishly descend the lengthy staircase with my hands dragging down my face. To my surprise, I'd finally pinpointed the mouthwatering aroma in the kitchen and spotted dad flipping a pile of pancakes on the stove.

"Morning, hun." His eyes flicker up and I realize his faint beard is no where to be seen and he overall looks more clean cut. "Bacon is on the table, coffee's in the pot, and I couldn't remember which kind of pancakes you liked so we have strawberry, banana, and chocolate chip." He explains casually, referencing the three sections of pancakes individually in their own plates. "Could you just bring your mom's mug out? She's sitting out on the deck."

"What's all this for?" I ask in somewhat awe, knowing he was never really the father to cook, but on occasion when he did, it was the best thing I'd ever tasted since the last time.

"Are you complaining?" He asks with his chin lowered.

"Out the mug goes." I reply and snatch the sage mug from the countertop. Upon sliding open the back door, a wave of heat engulfs me once the sun's rays bombard my skin and I place the cup onto the transparent tabletop. "Dad's cooking." I state, still in slight shock and my mom's crimson painted lips curve upward in amusement.

"He wanted the morning to be nice because he heard about the dinner tonight." She sips from the mug. "-and actually, I've been thinking that he could come with." My blank expression lights up in excitement.

"Really?" I beam and she nods. I knew things were calm between them, not having nearly as much tension as there was when he first arrived in LA, but this is more than I expected. "Thanks, mama." I wrap my arms around her shoulders that lean against the chair and she lays her cheek against my forearm.

"You don't need to say thank you. He leaves in a few days and I don't want you to waste a minute." She explains, but suddenly the moment is infiltrated by Erik sprinting around the house like a maniac, his figure flashing by in a blur on serval occasions as he scrambled.

"Can I use your car?" He blurts after he shoves open the door.

"For what?" I ask with scrunched eyes brows.

"For football, we have a doubleheader today, remember? It's sectionals." He explains in a rushed manner, practically bouncing around in place due to the anticipation.

"What-" Erik glances over his shoulder when dad tosses him a set of keys.

"I'll meet you guys at the country club! Thanks, Sam!" He shouts, sprinting out the front door with his arms cradling his football gear.

"Dad!" I complain and he raises his hands in defense.

"To be fair, his car is in for an oil change and I would've never heard the end of it if he was late." I huff in annoyance.

I explore the side streets of Los Angeles later that day, the sun now at its apex in the sky, and manage to locate a home goods store that isn't too far from the boardwalk. With my cassette player clipped to my waist band and music blasting in my ears, I use the inconvenience of not having a car to my advantage and jog my way there as a workout.

Once my heart began pounding due to the exertion, the adrenaline kicked in and I decided to up the ante and push myself as far as I could in attempt to clear my mind. Seeing Johnny was indefinitely in my cards for tonight and there was no way around it so, clearly, the only solution to purge the nerves was to sprint until my body couldn't physically take another stride.

Luckily, by the time I reached this point, I was outside of the home goods shop holding my arms above my head as I attempt to take a solid breath.

After browsing the isles for a few minutes, I finally located the kitchenware and obtained a set of green potholders from the shelf. I analyzed them for a moment, hoping in my mind that my mother would believe me if I said I made them myself in 'knitting class', and bought them on the spot.

As I prepare myself for the painful jog home, I realize that just one store over is a record shop. I debated for what felt like half a second, but once I spotted Metallica's new album on the back wall, I found myself through the buildings threshold at an instant. My eyes graze over the extended list of songs advertised on the back of the case that contained a few extra compared to the original.

"Johnny, what's goin' on, man! Where've you been?" The boy from behind the counter exclaims, followed by a chuckle.

Fuck.

"Been busy getting ready for the All Valley. You competing this year?" I recognize his voice and it causes a knot to form in my stomach, glancing around to find a back exit.

"You know sensei I would never let me." The unknown boy replies, clearly being an ex-cobra kai.

"Worth a try." They laugh, "You have my cassette in yet?" He asks and I silently debate if getting the last copy of the new album was worth whatever I was going to have to go through to walk out with it. I eventually convince myself to not sprint out the doors at the speed of light and step up to the counter.

"Yeah, came in just this morning. I'll grab it in a second." The black haired boy behind the counter assures him once his focus reverts to me. "This all?" I nod as I slide the cassette tape to him. "This one's got to be one of their best. You listen to Ride The Lightning yet?"

"About a dozen times through." I reply and from the corner of my eye, I acknowledge Johnny staring at me.

In that moment, I really consider doing what the album title suggests before I trade the boy working a ten for the tape. "Keep the rest." I add and not for the look of 'not needing change', but more so to get out of the store as fast as possible. "Excuse me," I mutter as I slide past Johnny, preventing myself from meeting his eyes, and hasten out of eyesight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.5K 1.1K 26
Pretending to date Reseda's new pretty boy isn't that bad, right?
38.2K 689 18
Johnny Lawrence hates Daniel LaRusso's guts or... perhaps he wants him to rearrange his guts. Johnny has fallen for the dark brown-eyed handsome boy...
51.2K 798 36
Sam just moved to LA from New Zealand. Whilst trying to adjust to American life, she meets Daniel, much the same as Sam, he is also trying to adjust...