Flowers, Clouds, and Everythi...

By reyincarnation

The wound is the point at which the light enters you. After years of separation, Aldrine is determined to get... More

0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
98
99
100

97

1.9K 219 360
By reyincarnation

[ MESSAGES ]

Chichi and Mimi's
Emergency Contact 🧸🪁

7:16 AM

Nag-iwan ako ng note sa ref, Da.
Pupunta akong palengke at tianggi
Just text me if may ipapabili kayo

mayumi 🐥🐥🐥 (MGA INAHIN NA)

7:36 AM

Miya:
Dumating na sa tianggian yung
gusto kong damit hahaha

Mafeh:
Nasa suking tindahan na 😂

Yuna:
She's been looking forward
to buy those pambahay eh

Miya:
Ang cute kasi 😹
Gusto kong makita yung
reaction ni Aldrine.

Miya:
Hahahaha excited na tuloy akong umuwi!

[ DIALOGUE ]

< ALDRINE'S CONDO — Living Room,
9:37 AM >

Miya
Hi, Da.

Aldrine, who is sitting on the couch folding clothes, smiles at Miya.

Miya
Si Chi?

Aldrine
Tulog pa.

Nagbabawi na siguro ng tulog. Alam na may training siya mamaya.

Miya
Bumili akong bagong set ng bimpo.

Aldrine waits for Miya to return to the living room after arranging the ingredients for their lunch on the kitchen counter.

Miya comes back with several items in her hands. Aldrine stops folding the clothes in the meanwhile.

Miya
Bumili rin ako ng mga panglinis. Para madali na kapag naglilipat na tayo.

Aldrine taps his thigh, directing her where she should be.

Miya obeys.

Aldrine
Ano 'yang isa?

Miya
Ito?

Damit ko.

Miya
Teka, Drine. Isusukat ko.

Aldrine assists Miya with taking off her top and putting on the duster dress.

Miya
May ribbons 'yan sa balikat. Patali.

Miya
Ganda ba?

Aldrine
Ang ganda, Mi. Puwede ka na du'n, o.

Aldrine points to the glass windows.

Miya
Hindi 'to kurtina!

Aldrine
Ah, hindi ba?

Aldrine grins at her and tightens the hug.

Miya
Wala na bang mas magandang comment?

Aldrine
Marami.

It's just that . . . they're mostly inappropriate at this hour.

Miya
Tsk. Manahimik ka na lang pala.

Aldrine (laughs)
E, kaya nga . . . .

Miya gets up and stands directly in front of the mirror. She spins around. Aldrine indulges in the view.

Miya
Bagay ba sa 'kin?

Aldrine
Sobra.

Miya returns to Aldrine, satisfied and smiling. She stands in front of him with arms over his shoulders.

Aldrine's gaze rises to meet hers, his hands on her waist.

Miya
Sa tingin mo ba, bagay pa rin 'to sa 'kin kapag malaki na 'yung tiyan ko?

Aldrine
Kahit ano pa 'yan, Mi.

Kahit malaki na 'yung tiyan—

Aldrine
Miya.

The surprise and confusion in Aldrine's eyes are obvious. His stare moves between Miya's face and tummy.

Aldrine
Mi . . .

Miya (chuckles)
Ano, babe?

Miya
Tinatanong kita kung bagay pa rin.

While Aldrine tries to figure out Miya's indirectness with furrowed brows and a gaping mouth, Miya reaches in the pocket of her shorts and pulls out the small rectangular box.

Miya
Open it.

A pregnancy test slides out of the box and rests on Aldrine's palm, where two lines form.

Miya (smiles)
Ate na si Chi.

Miya
Dalawa 'yan, actually, just to make sure. Nasa kuwarto 'yung isa.

Miya (smiles)
Positive din.

Aldrine feels like his chest is going to explode. His breath is trapped in his throat.

When he glances up at Miya, his eyes quickly well up with tears.

Miya palms his chin and brushes her thumbs on his cheeks for soothing.

Miya
Sa 'yo ko unang sinabi.

Kasi . . . ayaw ko ng ikaw ulit ang huling makakaalam.

Miya
We're going to have another baby.

This time, I won't be scared. Because this time, you're here for us.

Aldrine's exhalation shivers as he puts down the pregnancy test. His shoulders sink when he hides his face into Miya's belly while hugging her waist.

When Miya notices Aldrine's shoulders tremble, she smiles gently and caresses the back of his head.

Miya
Drine . . .

Miya
Ano ka ba, 'wag kang umiyak.

She chuckles, despite the fact that tears are beginning to gather in the corners of her eyes.

Miya
Masaya dapat tayo. Magiging ate na si Chi. Magkaka-bunso na tayo.

Miya
Kanina sa palengke, bumili ako ng isang tray ng itlog na puti. Balak kong ilaga mamaya. Gusto kong kainin nang may maraming suka.

Miya
Unang craving ko yata 'yon, Da.

Ang weird nga e kasi hinahanap-hanap ko 'yung suka roon sa isawan na lagi nating tinatambayan nu'ng college. Alangan namang hanapin pa natin 'yun. Baka nga wala na 'yung isawan do'n.

Aldrine (whispers)
Pupuntahan natin.

Miya (smiles)
Hay. Sana naman kamukha ko na.

Pero okay lang din kung little Aldrine na naman. Tama lang siguro 'yon. Naalala ko ngang humiling ako ng marami pa'ng katulad mo sa mundo. Aba, mukhang literal na katulad mo nga.

Aldrine
We're really going to have another baby.

Miya nods happily.

Aldrine
And I'm . . .

Aldrine finds it difficult to continue because of the pain of what has happened in the past and the excitement of what could be in the present.

His heart expands to make room for all that he is feeling at once—all good things.

Aldrine
I'm going to see your belly become big.

Aldrine
I'm also going to be with you to your checkups, right?

Aldrine looks up at Miya, who smiles encouragingly at him.

Miya
Oo naman.

Aldrine
Aalagaan kita.

Aldrine
We're going to buy baby clothes.

And fold them.

Miya (chuckles)
Yes.

We'll fold them together.

Aldrine
I'll be with you . . . when you give birth.

I'll be there to hold your hand.

Aldrine
I'll be there to hold our child.

Aldrine
At kapag . . .

Aldrine swallows and breathes out heavily. His forehead leans comfortably against Miya's belly.

Aldrine
Kapag natuto na siyang maglakad, nagpakita na siya ng ngiti, nagawa niya nang magsalita . . . nandiyan din ako.

Aldrine
Ikaw lang ang nagpatunay sa 'king posibleng maging ganito kasaya, Miya.

Aldrine (whispers)
Ikaw lang . . . .

Aldrine
What other cravings do you want me to get you?

Miya
The one I hadn't gotten before.

Aldrine's full attention is on her. His eyes are now hopeful, and his heart is celebrating for the better days ahead of them.

Aldrine
What is it?

Miya
Your warmth.

Aldrine smiles and has Miya sit sideways on his lap. His face resides on her neck. His arms are securely around her.

And, indeed, there is warmth.

Aldrine
You can have it all.

For as long as we live.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

474K 15.4K 153
[A Greico Story] [Epistolary] "You left some pretty big shoes to fill." An epistolary wherein sneaker head, Maya Delphine Greico, finds herself in a...
2.7M 171K 57
As far as she remembers, she's the obsessed one. Laila does some crazy things while secretly fangirling over the campus semi-cal cutie, Asher James P...
2.2K 116 8
Najimi is an ordinary girl who starts at her new school in Cagayan Valley with a clear goal in mind: to avoid trouble and blend in with the others. U...
50K 4.2K 133
Evie Santandes was always the odd girl, and she was fine with it. Between caring for her three cats, all with different personalities, volunteering a...