Bucky Barnes Imagines Vol. 2

By Nikki62517

This is the second volume of my Bucky Barnes stories. It will contain one shots and short multi-part stories... More

I Don't Want You
I Don't Want You Pt. 2
I Don't Want You Pt. 3
I Don't Want You Pt. 4*
I Don't Want You Pt. 5
Starting Over
Starting Over Pt. 2
Starting Over Pt. 3
Starting Over Pt. 4*
Unimportant
Unimportant Pt. 2
Unimportant Pt. 3
Unimportant Pt. 4 (Bucky Ending)
Unimportant Pt. 5 (Xander Ending)
Shopping*
Shopping Pt. 2*
Diary Pt. 2
Pranks
Reunited
Reunited Pt. 2
Reunited Pt. 3
Nervous*
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet Pt. 2*
Teacher's Pet Pt. 3*
Worth The Wait
Worth The Wait Pt. 2
Worth The Wait Pt. 3*
Meant To Be Yours*
Broken Promises
Broken Promises Pt. 2
Broken Promises Pt. 3
Broken Promises Pt. 4

F#%K You

805 22 2
By Nikki62517

Glaring and plotting a murder. It seemed like those were the only things you did lately, but only when you were with your boyfriend. Chase was across the room with his arm slung over some girl's shoulder while they flirted. Her pink and purple hair was faded badly and her black roots were showing by at least an inch. She was dressed in what could only be described as lingerie, because it sure as hell didn't resemble a dress, and her makeup was so overdone that you suspected that she'd have to chisel it off when she got home. It really seemed that he didn't care who he stuck his dick in, which just served to piss you off more because what did that say about you?

Chase's blatant disrespect for you and your relationship was the final straw. Tonight you'd be a single woman again and you'd be a hell of a lot happier than you had been in the last four months. Tonight was only the second time he'd met your teammates. The first meeting from a few weeks ago didn't go well because Chase decided it'd be a good idea to try hitting on Nat and Wanda. That should've been the night you broke up with him, but you stupidly gave him another chance.

The team hated Chase, but they decided to give him one last chance for your sake. However, he was making just as poor an impression this time as he did before. Tony usually flitted around his parties as he talked and drank with his guests, but you'd caught him staring at you soon to be ex-boyfriend with disgust. Nat and Wanda were glaring at him as were Steve, Sam, and Thor. Clint and Bruce just kept shooting you empathetic smiles.

The only thing you were thankful for is that your best friend, Bucky, never came to Tony's parties. He was the most important person in your life, so naturally you introduced Chase to him once you made things official. You weren't ready for him to meet the whole team, but Bucky was different. His opinion mattered to you.

Needless to say, Chase was on his best behavior when he met Bucky. For some reason, Bucky didn't like Chase, but the only thing he did was warn you to be careful. Chase was the perfect boyfriend for a couple months and then you started to notice that it was all fake. He flirted with other women in front of you, checked them out openly, and just prior to the party you'd found a dating profile he'd made a month ago.

As you stewed in your simmering rage, you felt the cushion dip beside you and an arm laid across the back of the couch. You knew who it was from the smell of their cologne, but your shock at his appearance was washed away by another swell of anger when you saw Chase grab the ass of the woman he was hanging all over.

"Why do you look like you're about to commit a murder, doll?" Bucky asked.

"That's because I am, Buck." You seethed.

"Need help hiding the body?" The amusement in his voice calmed your anger a fraction and you turned to face him.

"Ya know, that's one reason I love you. You don't ask questions and you offer to help even when you know we'd be committing a felony."

"That's because you're my girl, doll. Gotta make sure you're taken care of." Bucky smiled genuinely and you felt your heart stutter.

Bucky had been your best friend since you came to the compound. You bonded over your dark humor and love of picking on Sam. He said you were the first person to make him feel like less of a trauma riddled freak and more like a normal man. After coming to the realization that what he did as the Winter Soldier wasn't his fault, all Bucky ever wanted was a little bit of normalcy and you were glad to provide that to him.

Recently, though, you had begun to see Bucky in a different light. The way he'd place his arm over your shoulder or hug you made you feel warm and safe. You found yourself getting lost in his sparkling, blue eyes and the sly smirk he seemed to always wear. Not to mention the way he always had your back no matter what the situation. You found yourself feeling things for Bucky that wasn't normal between two friends.

"So, I'm guessing it's finally time to throw Chase off the building and make it look like an accident?" He said, bringing you out of your thoughts.

"I was thinking about adding some kind of caustic substance to his break lines and let karma deal him whatever blow it thinks is appropriate. Death, disfiguration, paralysis. Only, knowing my luck, he'd come out without a scratch and a minor case of pee-pants." You shrugged.

"Leave it to me, doll. I know all the best ways to make a death look like an accident."

"I'm sure you do, Bucky." You chuckled. "What are you even doing here tonight? You hate Tony's parties."

Bucky smiled sheepishly and ran a hand through his hair. His cheeks turned a bright red and he avoided looking at you as he responded.

"Well, I knew you were coming so I figured I could make an appearance if you were going to be here. Especially since you were bringing that dickwad along."

"Always swooping in to save the day." You sighed and leaned your head over onto his shoulder.

Bucky let his cheek rest on the crown of your head as the two of you sat in your own little bubble chatting away. Your moment was interrupted much too soon when Chase came barging up to stand in front of you and Bucky.

"Dude, you need to get your hands off my girlfriend." Chase demanded.

"Yeah, no." Bucky said firmly.

"Excuse me?!" Chase balked at Bucky then turned to you. "Y/n, come on. I wanna leave."

"Then leave. I, however, will be staying. Buh-bye." You wiggled your fingers at him and tried resuming your conversation with Bucky.

"Y/n, I said let's go." Chase commanded.

Bucky rose from the couch and stood nose to nose with Chase. You remained seated, interested in how Chase would respond to having a super soldier staring him down.

"She doesn't want to go with you. Leave. Her. Alone." Bucky emphasized. "Go back to the girl you were just flirting with. Maybe she'd be willing to leave with you."

You could see the way the muscles in Chase's throat worked as he swallowed harshly. He was afraid of Bucky and you fucking loved it. His deep brown eyes cut to you and he tried to ignore the fact that Bucky was staring him down, but the way his voice pitched up and down told you how scared he really was.

"You have an hour and then we're leaving. We'll talk about this later."

Chase turned quickly and all but ran across the room to get away from Bucky. A loud bark of laughter tumbled from your mouth and then you erupted into a fit of giggles. Bucky took his seat next to you and laughed along with you.

"Is it bad that I miss intimidating guys like that?" He finally asked.

"Absolutely not." You shook your head confidently. "Guys like Chase think they're untouchable. They think they're blessed by the gods and have the right to do whatever they want. Sometimes they need a little humbling."

"You always know the right things to say, doll."

"Maybe if being an Avenger gets to be too much for you in your advanced age, you could open a business where women can hire you to intimidate the pushy, manipulative, shitty men in their lives." You suggested.

"First of all, ouch. I may be old age wise, but metabolically I'm still young. Second of all, I'd only offer my services to you, Y/n."

You felt yourself blush and your lips curled into a smile.

"Not that I wouldn't step in if I saw a man doing that to a woman out in public, but you're my main priority." Bucky added.

"And why's that?" You asked.

"You already know why." He said.

His pupils dilated when his eyes dropped to your lips and then met your gaze again.

"I know, I just like to hear you say it." You whispered.

"You're my girl, Y/n." Bucky said huskily.

"Bucky, I..."

The words 'I love you' died on your tongue when you heard Tony announce that he had something special planned. You held Bucky's eyes for a moment more before turning to look at Tony. A huge screen appeared with a logo on it for some local karaoke company.

"It's time for a little friendly competition, ladies and gentlemen. Better start warming up those vocal cords because I'm about to set the bar extremely high.

"Oh, this is going to be epic. Think we can get Steve to sing 'Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy'?" You asked Bucky.

"I doubt it, doll."

"What if we beg. Oooo, give him puppy dog eyes! He'll do anything if it comes from you."

"Fine." Bucky huffed. "I'll try."

Bucky pushed himself up from the couch and crossed the room to talk to Steve. You watched intently as he tried to convince Steve to do the song you requested. Bucky was pulling out all the stops and even motioned to you sitting alone on the couch. You frowned and looked as sad as possible when Steve turned to look at you. It wasn't hard to look sad, you were adding another failed relationship to your list and you were in love with your best friend. Your life was a mess.

Steve sighed heavily and you saw him nod at Bucky. A smile broke across your face when Bucky gave you a discreet thumbs up. However, that smile didn't last long because Chase dropped down next to you and cozied up to your side. You scowled at him and scooted farther down the couch. Chase followed your movement until he had you trapped against the arm of the couch.

"Why are you moving away from me, babe?" Chase asked with a fake sadness to his voice.

"Gee, I wonder why the fuck I don't want you next to me?" You snipped. "Maybe I'm afraid that bitch you were rubbing up on gave you something and I don't want to catch it."

"Don't be like that, Y/n. You know I flirt, but it doesn't go past that."

"Mhm, sure it doesn't." You said, crossing your arms and letting your scowl deepen.

Chase had the audacity to scoff at your attitude and then reached forward and gripped your face, turning your head forcefully to look at him. You smacked his hand away and then stood up. Chase shot up from the couch and wrapped his arm around your waist as he started pulling you towards the exit.

"We're going home. We're going to have a talk about you hanging out with Bucky. He's the one putting all these ideas in your head that I'm cheating on you because he wants to fuck you."

You twisted out of Chase's hold and stopped in the middle of the room.

"Bucky hasn't put anything in my head, Chase! Your actions are self-explanatory, you idiot. You hit on anything with a vagina, so what am I supposed to think? And as far as my friendship with Bucky, you have no say in when I see him. Fuck. You."

"Everything okay over here?" Bucky stopped beside you and glared at Chase.

"We're fine. Go hit on someone else's girlfriend and leave mine alone!" Chase spat at Bucky.

"Oh my God!" You growled in frustration. "You know what, Chase. We're done."

"No." Chase said firmly. "We aren't done unless I say we are."

"You need to leave." Bucky took a step towards Chase with his fists clenched by his sides.

"You need to stay out of our relationship." Chase shot back.

"Chase, this" You motioned between the two of you, "is over."

Chase laughed as if you had just told you the funniest joke he'd ever heard.

"I don't think you heard me, Y/n, so I'll say it slower for you. We're. Not. Over."

"Yes, you are. Now get the fuck out." Bucky growled.

Bucky stared Chase down and, surprisingly, he didn't back down. An idea popped into your mind as Tony asked that the next person who wanted to sing needed to come up to the stage. You grabbed Bucky's forearm to get his attention and motioned towards the stage. He shot one more glare at Chase and then followed after you as Chase stayed rooted in place. You walked up onto the stage with Bucky following behind you and grabbed two microphones. Handing one off to Bucky, you whispered to Tony what song you wanted and he grinned happily.

"Chase, this is for you babe." You sent him a wink and then turned to pull Bucky up beside you as Tony queued up the song.

Tony nodded and you began singing.

"A-B-C-D-E-F-U..." You held up your middle finger and let your eyes stay locked with Chase's as you continued to sing.

You heard Tony snicker from your right and caught your other teammates either smiling or laughing heartily at your performance. When the chorus kicked in after the first verse, Bucky joined you and both of you flipped Chase off as you bounced around the stage enthusiastically. As the song came to a close, Chase stormed out of the compound with a red face and clenched jaw. You and Bucky laughed the whole way off the stage where he pulled you into his arms in a tight hug.

"That was amazing, doll. I'm so glad you finally got rid of that piece of shit."

"Yeah, well, being single is better than letting him continue to make me look like a fool. I'd rather be an old spinster than be stuck with Chase." You shrugged and took a step back from Bucky.

"Come with me, Y/n."

Bucky grabbed your hand and pulled you out the side exit into the dark of night. The music from inside was muffled, but other than that there was no sound. You and Bucky were completely alone. He continued leading you down the side of the compound until he reached a darkened breezeway. He tugged you around the corner and pressed your back against the wall.

"Bucky, what are you–"

Your question was cut off when his lips pressed gently against yours. Your eyes widened in shock, but after a moment you melted into the kiss. Bucky's tongue brushed against your bottom lip and you opened for him. His tongue worked against yours and you let your arms wrap around his neck. Bucky pressed his body against yours, trapping you between his body and the wall, and grabbed your hips. Whatever his reason for kissing you was, you were going to enjoy the moment and deal with the consequences later. This was a dream come true and you weren't going to stop him.

"I've wanted to do that for so long." Bucky whispered against your lips when he finally broke the kiss.

"Wait, what?"

You know you looked dumbfounded, but that wasn't what you expected to come out of his mouth. Honestly, you thought he'd panic and blame it on the heat of the moment.

"I've been in love with you for so long, doll. It's almost embarrassing to admit, but I was too scared to tell you." Bucky smiled down at you sheepishly.

"Why were you scared, Buck? I love you, too. There was nothing to be scared of."

"I haven't been in a relationship since Steve helped me out. I guess I just felt rusty and like I'd fuck it up. I didn't want to do the wrong thing and lose you completely."

"So what changed?" You quirked a brow and smirked at him.

"I don't want to see you with another asshole like Chase. I guess I'm more scared of losing you to a man like that than confessing my love for you." He admitted. "Why didn't you say anything?"

"I was scared, too, but I was scared you just saw me as a friend. You have no idea how happy I am that I was wrong this time." You chuckled.

Bucky laughed and leaned down to kiss you again.

"Let's go back in. I want to sing with you again."

You nodded and took his hand in yours as you ran back the way you came. The night had taken an unexpected turn and you finally felt like you were ready to enjoy the party.

A/N: If you haven't listened to the Rain Paris cover of this song, you should definitely give it a listen. It's an amazing cover. Now that all of my re-posts are finished, I'll have new stories coming your way soon. Thank you for sticking with me while I got all of these back up!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 139 8
A short story with rather long chapters in which you joined the Avengers and caught the attention of a certain someone. Since I wanted to write a wh...
223 18 8
Bucky still cant get past the nightmares, but then his past starts to creep back in, in the most unexpected way. Fair warning... It's going to get st...
1.7K 5 13
Bucky/Marvel One shots! Alot of these are gonna be AU based, but mainly MCU accurate! Any suggestions or anything you wanna see, please let me know...
174K 4.1K 70
πŸ–€MatureπŸ–€RomanceπŸ–€ "Where's he going?" "To her. His Passerine." Kristyn, a fragile, little girl struggling her days in the crowded city of New York...