π–π‘π’π¬π©πžπ«π¬ 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐫�...

By midxnightsx

BOOK 1 IN THE ECHOES SERIES In the realm of power and dominance, the Singhania's stood tall as one of India's... More

Whispers and Crosses
✦ . ⁺ Husband And Wife ⁺ . ✦
✦ . ⁺ In Love ⁺ . ✦
✦ . ⁺ Mrs. Singhania ⁺ . ✦
✦ . ⁺ Nervous ⁺ . ✦
✦ . ⁺ Blush ⁺ . ✦
✦ . ⁺ My Wife ⁺ . ✦
✦ . ⁺ Emptiness ⁺ . ✦
✦ . ⁺ Ride ⁺ . ✦
✦ . ⁺ Shimmer ⁺ . ✦
✦ . ⁺ Fire ⁺ . ✦
✦ . ⁺ Alone ⁺ . ✦
✦ . ⁺ Shards Of Glass ⁺ . ✦
✦ . ⁺ Divorce ⁺ . ✦
✦ . ⁺ Dinner ⁺ . ✦
✦ . ⁺ Spin ⁺ . ✦
✦ . ⁺ Touch ⁺ . ✦
✦ . ⁺ Dead ⁺ . ✦

✦ . ⁺ Ravishing ⁺ . ✦

2.6K 173 20
By midxnightsx

It was reception night.

Sara was in the closet getting dressed when there was a knock on her door.

She quickly slipped on a bathrobe and went to open the door to see dadi standing over there.

"Dadi, what are you doing here? You could've just called," she said being polite.

She had mixed feelings towards the old lady.

Ekta Singhania was a conservative lady who still thought that women belonged in the kitchen.

She didn't like the fact that Aarna and Sara both are working ladies. That was why she chose Shreya as her last daughter in law.

But to her luck her last daughter in law was also a working lady.

She's tried many times to convince Sara to quit her job. But Sara always refused.

"Is Arjun back from the office?" Dadi asked.

"Not yet," Sara replied.

"This boy! Call him and ask him to come back now. It's his own brother's reception. How can he be so irresponsible?" Dadi ordered her while leaving.

Sighing, Sara picked up her phone to diall her husband.

The phone rang for 6 rings before he answered.

"I'm busy right now," he said.

She could hear the noises of people in the background.

Why did this man have to go for work on his brother's reception. Now the lady of this house will chew her alive.

"Yeah. I don't care. Dadi wants you to be here right now," she said walking into the closet.

"I told you I'm busy. I'll be there," he said and cut the call.

Sighing in frustration she continued with her makeup.

45 minutes later, she was done.

The makeup enhanced her features to look even more artsy than before. Giving her the soft glam look she was going for.

Another 30 minutes later she was in a translucent light grey saree with tiny flowers scattered on the fabric.

While she was doing her hair, Arjun walked in.

Not paying attention to him she continued with what she was doing.

Putting on some minimal jewellery, she was done.

She looked simple but elegant and that was what she was going for.

Arjun was downstairs in the foyer waiting for her to come.

She ascended down the stairs, wrapped in elegance and sophistication, she looked nothing short of a goddess.

Arjun's breath hitched.

The fabric draped her body perfectly, accentuating her curves along with her perfect sweetheart neckline.

He matched her with his grey 3 piece suit, making them look like the perfect couple for the world.

"So how do I look?" She asked standing infront of him.

Even with heels she only came upto his shoulders and bit of his neck.

"You look," he started.

"Ravishing," he thought but instead finished the sentence with "late. You look late,"

He started to walk towards the car, Sara following closely behind.

His head bodyguard awaited near the car.

Coming near the car she smiled at him.

"Hi Rai. How are you doing this fine evening?" She asked.

Rai's expression didn't waver except for the very tiny smile he cracked.

"I'm doing well Mrs. Singhania" he said looking straight ahead.

"And how do I look?" She asked him, baiting Arjun in the process.

"You look beautiful Mrs. Singhania," he replied clearing his throat.

"Well atleast you're nice to me, unlike others," she smiled at him.

"If you both are done with your chatting, we're getting late." Arjun said narrowing his eyes at the both of them.

Since when are they friends? He thought to himself while getting in the car.

Sara got in from the other side and they started towards what was going to be a very long night.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

Aarna and Vivaan were at the venue greeting the guests.

She knew he hated socialising.

But he was forced to, as an obligation.

A man in his thirties approached them.

She saw Vivaan's jaw tick but didn't comment on it.

"I'm Dev Singharoy, It's a pleasure to meet you..." He said offering her his hand.

"Aarna-" before she could give him her hand, vivaan stood in between them.

"Ah Vivaan! Hostile as always?" Dev asked, completely unfazed by his behaviour.

"Only to those who deserve it," He said.

Dev was looking at Aarna with lust in his eyes. It could be seen from a mile away.

She knew his patience was running thin and that look was pissing him off.

He was about to yell, but before he could do that, Aarna held his closed fist in her hand and whispered into his ear "He is not worth it."

Saying that, she took him away from there.

"That man is bad. No girl is safe with him, don't go anywhere near him," Vivaan said gripping her shoulder.

She's never seen him lose his calm like that. He was always calm and unbothered.

She nodded her head in a yes and he released her and moved back.

She found it weird, how he could be a total different man and change back to normal in the span of a few minutes but didn't say anything.

They went back to greeting the guests.

After about 40 minutes she excused herself to use the restroom.

Vivaan was in a conversation with someone but his eyes followed her every move.

She finished her business and was walking back, thinking about the texts, when her feet hit something and she stumbled.

She was about to fall, embarrassing herself in front of thousands of people.

She closed her eyes ready for the impact, but a minute passed without feeling anything, she opened her eyes to find herself in the arms of her husband.

His arms circled around her waist with his face inches away from hers. So close that she could feel his breath on her face.

They stayed like that, with him staring into her forest coloured eyes.

They were the most magnificent pair of eyes he has ever seen.

"You should watch where you walk. You might hurt yourself," he whispered.

She felt a tingling sensation go up her spine at his voice so close to her.

"You can leave me now. I won't fall again," she said, their gazes not moving away from eachother.

A minute passed before he released her.

Clearing his throat he offered her his hand, which she took as they head back to greeting the guests.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

Kashvi hates meeting so many people. It's exhausting as fuck and the man beside her is of no damn help.

Except for snide remarks he hasn't really talked to her that evening, not that she was expecting him to talk.

Her cousins had come upto her sometime ago to tell her how lucky she was to get a husband like Rishiv.

Not surprised that she was the only one who felt that way.

"Hi, Kash..." She turned her head to see her ex-boyfriend there.

He moved forward and hugged her when she didn't respond.

She stood there not knowing what the fuck was happening and why her ex-boyfriend who she broke up with weeks ago was here.

"And who might you be?" Rishiv asked him, looking at him from head to toe.

Right! "This is my ex-boyfriend, Krish." She told him. "Krish this is Rishiv,"

"Her husband," he said putting his hands on her bare waist.

Wtf is wrong with him all of a sudden. She thought.

"What are you doing here Krish?" She asked him trying to get away from Rishiv's hold, only for it to get tighter.

"I heard you got married, i couldn't believe it and wanted to see for myself how you could move on so quickly," he responded while turning his head away from her.

"Things happens quickly. I couldn't do anything about it," she told him, trying to finish the conversation.

"I'm sorry," she said.

He looked towards Rishiv, who was glaring into his head.

His face turned to that of fear and he excused himself.

"What are you a dog? The next time you want to claim your bone why don't you just lick it?" She asked sarcastically.
(Yeah idk what this line is, I might change it later so sorry for that.)

"That's not a bad idea. Maybe then that bastard will know that you're mine, and he doesn't have a chance with you anymore." he responded while taking a glass of whisky from a passerby waiter.

"I am not yours," she said, air quoting yours.

"Sure you are. We got married remember. Doesn't matter the circumstances, you are still. My. Wife." He said pulling her in tighter.

"Leave me," she ordered him trying to get free herself.

"Easy there tiger." He said releasing her when a guest walked over to them.

This chapter is not edited so sorry about that.

Hope you liked it, if yes leave a vote and a comment:)

Who's your favourite couple so far?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 59.9K 55
The most powerful families of Rajasthan, The Almighty 3. Among them the most powerful , The Suryavanshi Family. No.1 in everything . Vivaan Suryavans...
100K 3.7K 69
Mugdha a mute girl married to her nightmare Hriday singhania, what will she do. Hriday singhania married to the girl he hates the most what will he d...
119K 4.6K 33
(#Book 1 in substitute bride) In this captivating tale, we follow the intertwined destinies of Rudransh Singh Raghuvanshi, the dashing and enigmatic...
1.1M 28.7K 41
A story of an Indian girl, a pure and innocent soul, one who finds her happiness in other people's smiles. One who is selfless but fierce. One who lo...