AGONY OF DESIRE ; cobra kai

By cobracade

๐’„๐’๐’ƒ๐’“๐’‚ ๐’Œ๐’‚๐’Š ๐’”๐’†๐’‚๐’”๐’๐’๐’” ๐Ÿ-๐Ÿ” โ”โ” โthrough chaos as it swirls, it's us against the world.โž multiple l... More

AGONY OF DESIRE.
โ”โ” act one.
01 โ€• let the chaos begin.
02 โ€• definitely (not) a crush.
03 โ€• the devil listens to ac/dc.
04 โ€• marty mcfly's got moxie.
05 โ€• the defender of nerds.
06 โ€• fights and fouettรฉs.
07 โ€• this little piggy is jealous.
08 โ€• the rabbit on the moon.
09 โ€• got a secret, can you keep it?
10 โ€• parties and drinking and fights, oh my!
11 โ€• we've got a tournament to win.
12 โ€• point, thirasawat!
โ”โ” act two.
13 โ€• of rejection and refection.
14 โ€• new kids on the block.
15 โ€• love, decha.
16 โ€• a series of complicated events.
17 โ€• just being friendly.
18 โ€• take a chance on me.
19 โ€• tough decisions, tougher envisions.
20 โ€• we're just getting started.
21 โ€• are we gonna have a problem?
22 โ€• unhappy birthday.
23 โ€• love is torture.
24 โ€• the tragedy of revenge.
โ”โ” act three.
25 โ€• guilt becomes her.
26 โ€• the warrior you're meant to be.
27 โ€• new person, same mistakes.
28 โ€• don't poke the hawk.
29 โ€• every last moment.
30 โ€• the worst betrayal of all.
32 โ€• rivalry, wherefore art thou?
33 โ€• it's just too little too late.
34 โ€• germanium nickel uranium sulfur.
35 โ€• friendship and feelings.
36 โ€• heaven knows i'm miserable now.
37 โ€• carol of cobras.
38 โ€• rage becomes her.
โ”โ” act four.
39 โ€• a new era of chaos.
40 โ€• who is achara thirasawat?
41 โ€• second chances.
42 โ€• love has flown all alone.
43 โ€• it all comes back to the 80s.
44 โ€• foes to friends and back again.
45 โ€• don't let cobra kai win.
46 โ€• everything comes back to you.
47 โ€• the twins in the spider's web.
48 โ€• nervously in love.
49 โ€• i will always love you.
50 โ€• a fight to remember.
51 โ€• keep your enemies closer.
52 โ€• it's karate time.
53 โ€• true potential.
54 โ€• the winner takes it all.
โ”โ” act five.
55 โ€• humans make mistakes.
56 โ€• shattered and scattered.
57 โ€• the other achara.
58 โ€• drama, drama at the splasharama.
59 โ€• a time and a place.
60 โ€• the secrets we keep.
61 โ€• over the moon.
62 โ€• the right side of the fight.
63 โ€• birds of a feather flock together.
64 โ€• queen of the cobras.
65 โ€• the secret weapon unveiled.
66 โ€• the moment of truth.
67 โ€• confessions and confrontation.
68 โ€• of monks and moxie.
69 โ€• a quiver of cobras.
70 โ€• the end of the beginning.
โ”โ” act six.
71 โ€• peacetime in the valley.
72 โ€• a turning point.
73 โ€• college, actually.
74 โ€• ad meliora.

31 โ€• divisions, collisions, decisions.

385 24 17
By cobracade

the only one who can make the decision is you.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE QUITTING?"

Decha closed the refrigerator door, unscrewing the cap of an orange juice carton as he spoke. "I mean I'm quitting. I'm not going to be apart Cobra Kai after what they did."

"You mean what Hawk did?" Achara asked, crossing her arms.

"Hawk might have been the one who broke his arm, but they cheered him on," Decha told her as he put the juice back in the fridge. "They encouraged it and did nothing."

"So, you're quitting just like that?" Achara asked.

Decha nodded, taking a sip of orange juice from his cup before talking. "I am and I suggest you do too. In case you forgot, Demetri's your friend too."

"I can be Demetri's friend and still be in Cobra Kai," Achara replied.

"Not according to Hawk you can't," Decha responded. "As far as he's concerned, anyone who associates with Demetri is the enemy."

Decha leaned up against the counter with his cup in his hand. "I'm not going back to Cobra Kai."

"What are you going to do then? Join Miyagi-Do?" Achara questioned him.

"No," Decha shook his head.

"So, you're just going to quit karate?" Achara asked. "I thought you liked it."

Decha shrugged. "Maybe I will. I'll find something else to occupy my time. And there's other dojos in the valley."

Achara sighed. "Okay, fine. You can't quit if you want, but please come to one last practice?"

Decha pushed his head back, giving her a confused look. "Why would I do that?"

Achara shrugged. "To get one last practice in before you quit."

Decha knew it was a bad idea. There was nothing that he was going to get out of going to one last practice, but he agreed anyway. Achara smiled.

"For the record, you can quit after today," Achara told him, "but I won't be."

She didn't give him the chance to respond before walking away. Decha put his cup in the sink and followed her out into the living room.

"Can I go in your car today?" Decha asked.

Achara grabbed his keys off the hook and opened the front door. "Why?"

"I don't have enough gas in my car," Decha answered. "Or any money."

Achara rolled her eyes. "Get in changed and meet me in the car."

Decha walker up to his room to change into his gi before going out to Achara's car her and getting in the passenger seat. The only sounds that could be heard was the song playing on the radio and the twins' voices as they sang along.

When Decha walked into Cobra Kai, all eyes were focused on him. Every pair of eyes in the dojo were glaring at him. Word must have spread quickly that he had helped Miyagi-Do during the fight.

"What are you doing here?" Mitch asked.

"You think you can just walk in here after what you did?" Hawk questioned him, his infamous glare on his face.

Achara stepped between them. "Look, he's quitting after today, okay? He's only here because I asked him to come to one last practice."

Hawk continued to glare at him before turning on his heels and walking away. Decha rolled his eyes as he stood in the corner, avoiding everyone and the stares that he was receiving.

Achara took a seat on the mat and began stretching as Tory walked up to her.

Tory sat down next to her, nodding her head towards Decha. "You really think it's a good idea for him to be here?"

Achara shrugged. "Probably not."

Tory looked down as she stretched her arms, reaching for her legs. "You're not quitting too, are you?"

Achara shook her head. "No, I'm staying."

Tory smiled as she looked up. "Good. I don't know what I'd do without you."

The bell above the door jingled, causing everyone's head to turn. Achara's eyebrows furrowed together in confusion. Decha stopped leaning against the wall and rolled his eyes when he saw who walked into the door. He clenched his fist, digging his fingernails into his palm. Leading a group of people were Kyler and Brucks.

"Class," Kreese addressed them, walking to the front of the dojo. "Welcome our new students."

Mitch walked up to them. Decha walked over to Achara who was now standing, staring at Kyler, Brucks, and the rest of the prospective new students.

"Everyone, fall in," Kreese told them.

Achara and Decha did as they were told. Achara stood in between Tory and Decha.

"Joining Cobra Kai is a privilege, not a gift," Kreese spoke. "Which is why our recruits must earn their position in this dojo."

Achara and Decha exchanged a look with each other.

"Prepare yourselves for combat," Kreese continued. "Only the strong will survive."

They gathered around the edges of the mat as Kreese handed Hawk and another student red flags. Decha ended up standing next to Hawk, which he wasn't too happy about. Kyler and Brucks walked past him, their attention focused on Hawk.

"Holy, Shit! You know what I realized?" Kyler pointed at Hawk, starting to laugh. "It's the kid with the lip. I thought he moved."

"Oh, shit," Brucks laughed. "You're right!"

"Dude!" Kyler continued to laugh.

Brucks laughed with him. "The hair kinda distracts you from it."

Decha rolled his eyes. "Would you two cackling witches shut the hell up?"

He didn't care that he was defending Hawk. What he cared about was the fact that he hated Kyler more than he hated Hawk.

Kyler turned to him. "What did you just say?"

"You heard me," Decha replied.

"Well, if it isn't Thirasawat," Kyler crossed his arms. "You want another ass-beating?"

Decha stepped closer to him. "You may have beat my ass the last time, but believe me when I say, you wouldn't stand a chance against me now."

"All right, class," Kreese announced. "Let the games begin."

Kyler and Brucks walked away, standing in two empty spaces next to each other. Kreese began to walk around, looking for students to choose. He stopped in front of Kyler and held his hand out in front of him.

"You."

Kreese turned, gesturing to Mitch. "You."

Mitch and Kyler stood in the center of the mat, preparing to fight. Mitch assumed a karate fighting position, whereas Kyler looked like he was about to start wrestling with him.

As soon as Kreese told them to start, Mitch kicked Kyler in the face. Kyler groaned and stumbled back, his hand reaching for his nose. He dodged the next few punches that Mitch threw his way and ducked under his leg as he tried to swing a kick. As the second kick came his way, Kyler head butted him in the stomach, flipping Mitch onto his back before pulling him into a headlock. Mitch struggled to break free as Kyler tightened his grip around his neck. Mitch tapped the ground, and Kyler let him go.

"Finish him," Kreese told Kyler.

Kyler pulled him up by his gi and punched him in the face. Kyler walked back over to his spot, glaring at Decha and Hawk.

Mitch started to walk back to his spot, but Kreese stopped him. "Where are you going?"

"To my spot," Mitch answered.

"You lost to an untrained fighter," Kreese replied. "He's going to take your spot on the team."

"Sensei, Assface has been loyal to the dojo," Hawk stepped in.

"I'm afraid he's not..." Kreese said, "...Cobra Kai material. I told you, only the strong will survive."

Decha glanced at Achara, but she wasn't even looking at him. Decha turned back to Mitch, watching as he grabbed his backpack and walked out the door.

Tory was chosen to be the next fighter, going up against one of the girl recruits. She didn't stand a chance against her. In a matter of seconds, Tory kicked her knee, causing her to fall to the ground. She landed one last kick to her face before being announced the winner.

"You, Big Boy," Kreese said to Brucks.

Brucks laughed. "Oh, yeah! All right, who's going down next? Come on!"

"He's mine," Hawk volunteered, stepping onto the mat.

"Get him, Lip!" Kyler snorted.

Decha crossed his arm as he watched Hawk step onto the mat, taking off his uwagi, revealing his hawk tattoo. Decha rolled his eyes. He had liked it at one point, but now he thought it looked dumb. Hawk waited for Kreese to give him the go ahead before immediately kicking Brucks in the face. Brucks didn't have the chance to get one shot in as he was pushed, punched, and kicked around.

Hawk flipped Brucks onto his back before repeatedly punching him in the face. Decha looked on his horror, unable to take his eyes off of them.

Achara cringed, turning her head away when she saw Brucks' face covered in blood. Hawk spit in his face as he whimpered and groaned before walking back to his spot. Decha looked at him, the shock never leaving his face.

"All right class, I think we can call it a day."

Decha felt like he couldn't get out of the dojo fast enough. He pushed past everyone, swinging the door open. Being inside the dojo, watching Hawk wail on Brucks, had started to feel suffocating and Decha felt like he could breathe again when the air hit his face.

Achara walked out and placed her hand on his shoulder. "Are you okay?"

Decha shook his head. "Look, I know Brucks bullied him and all, but Achara...that was...that was..."

"Extreme," Achara finished for him.

Decha nodded. He was glad that it was his last day of being in Cobra Kai.

────────────

"Hey, sorry I'm late," Achara kissed Miguel on the cheek as she took a seat in the empty chair next to him at the sushi restaurant.

She was meeting him and Johnny there for lunch, but traffic had been terrible.

Miguel smiled. "It's okay."

"How are you?" Achara asked. "How's the physical therapy coming along? Any improvement?"

Miguel shook his head. "Not yet. I can move my feet better, but that's about it."

Achara wrapped her arm around his shoulders. "That is improvement! You'll be walking again in no time!"

Miguel nodded his head. "Yeah, I hope so."

"Can you tap your feet for me?" Achara asked. "I wanna see it again!"

Miguel chuckled. "You're just like my mom."

Miguel started tapping his foot. The biggest smile spread into Achara's face. Miguel looked at her and smiled. When her smile had faded, Miguel leaned in to kiss her.

Achara broke the kiss, starting to look around. "Where's Johnny?"

"Oh, bathroom," Miguel told her, grabbing his phone and scrolling through photos of Johnny.

"What are those for?" Achara asked.

"They're for Sensei's Facebook page," Miguel answered. "He reconnected with Ali and wanted to have some photos to share."

Achara's eyebrows raised. "Ali?"

"The girl that Daniel LaRusso tried to steal from him," Miguel explained.

"He reconnected with the girl who started their whole rivalry?" Achara asked.

Miguel nodded. "Yeah."

"Wow..." Achara said.

Miguel put his phone back down on the table and turned his head to Achara.

"Achara? Miguel?"

They both turned their heads, seeing Tory standing in front of them.

"What are you doing here?" Tory asked. "Are you...on a date?"

Achara shook her head. "Uh, no, actually, uh..."

"We're here with Sensei Lawrence," Miguel told her.

Tory nodded her head, turning to Achara and giving her a disappointed look. He doesn't appreciate you. Not like he should. Tory's voice wouldn't leave her mind.

"Do you work here?" Achara asked.

Tory nodded.

"I thought you worked at the roller rink," Miguel said.

"No, that's at night," Tory replied. "I gotta work two jobs now. Mom's not doing well."

Achara's heart sank. She knew that her mom's condition was worsening. Tory had confided in her about it. Even though she knew, hearing it again didn't make it any less saddening.

"I'm sorry," Miguel told her.

Tory took a seat at the table. "No, I'm sorry. I-I know that I should've come to see you. I just didn't know how to help."

"So, you did nothing," Miguel replied.

"Achara kept telling me to go—to be a good friend," Tory told him. "But I felt guilty about everything. But we're doing everything we can to get back at Miyagi-Do for what they did to you. It's like Sensei Kreese says, "If one of gets hurt, we all get hurt.""

"Nobody else got hurt, Tory," Miguel shook his head. "I'm the one in a wheelchair."

"Yeah, I just meant..." Tory tried to explain.

"Yeah, I know what you meant," Miguel responded. "I never cared about Miyagi-Do or Kreese, I cared about our friendship."

"Did you?" Tory asked. "You didn't even care about your relationship with your girlfriend."

"What?" Miguel asked.

"Achara told me that she saw you with Sam," Tory told him. "I did it for Achara. I didn't have a choice."

"Yes, you did, Tory," Miguel said.

"So did you," Tory replied. "You had all weekend to explain what happened, but you didn't. You just let Achara sit all alone in her room, thinking the worst, thinking that you didn't love her anymore."

"Tory—"

"No, Achara," Tory interrupted her, turning back to Miguel. "I did it to protect her."

"So, you started a fight?" Miguel asked.

"In case you forgot, you were fighting too," Tory reminded him. "So was Achara. So was Sam."

"But they're not the ones who started it," Miguel said.

"I may have started the fight, but you and Sam are the ones who started it," Tory responded. "You can blame whoever you want, but at the end of the day, you're the ones to blame."

Miguel shook his head. "I know you're helping your mom, but you need help."

Achara's eyebrows knitted together. "Miguel."

Tory scoffed. "You think I'm crazy?"

"No, I didn't say that," Miguel replied.

"No, that's okay," Tory said. "Everyone does. I don't give a shit. 'Cause all that matters is who wins in the end."

Miguel closed his eyes and sighed.

"Nice seeing you," Tory stood up and then started to walk away but stopped and looked down at Achara. "You deserve better."

She turned her head and walked into the restaurant. Miguel looked at her, but Achara wasn't looking back at him. She was staring in the direction of the door that Tory entered.

Tory's words echoed in her mind yet again. You deserve better. Achara tried think about something else, but she
couldn't.

"Chara."

Achara snapped out of her thoughts. "Hmm?"

"I asked if you were okay," Miguel repeated himself.

Achara nodded her head and smiled, hoping Miguel wouldn't be able to tell that it was fake. "I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" Miguel asked.

Achara nodded again. "I'm sure. Don't worry."

────────────

Achara on the oversized chair in Olivia's office. She was tapping her foot, staring at Olivia with her arms folded across her chest.

"So, how's the return to school been since our last session?" Olivia asked.

Achara shrugged. "It's been okay. Some people still stare at me in the halls or during class, but it's died down a little."

"That's great," Olivia responded. "And how are things with Miguel?"

"They're okay," Achara told her.

Olivia raised any eyebrow. "Just okay?"

Achara sighed. "Yeah. He's been doing really well with his physical therapy. We went to this concert, and he tapped his foot and then I got a text from him earlier today that he was able to stand on his own."

"That's fantastic. I'm glad to hear at that," Olivia replied. "But I meant how's your relationship been?"

Another sigh and a shrug. "I don't know. Good, I guess?"

"You guess?" Olivia questioned. "Did something happen? Something that has you questioning the status of your relationship?"

Achara stared down at her shoes. She was back to wearing her old, destroyed pair rather than the ones that Aisha had bought her for her birthday. She couldn't bring herself to wear them. Even though she texted Aisha daily, she couldn't bring herself to wear them.

Maybe it was because they were the shoes she was wearing when she saw Sam kiss Miguel. Maybe it was because they were the shoes she was wearing during the fight and when she watched Miguel fall from the balcony. Maybe it was both. Or maybe it was because she found comfort every time she stared down at her old, tattered Converse when she saw all of the drawings on them. Drawings made by herself. Drawings made by Decha and Aisha. Drawings made by Tory. Even drawings made by Robby.

"Achara, you can tell me anything," Olivia told her. "If you're worried about other people knowing, I promise you it'll never leave this room. It'll stay between you and me."

Achara gulped before she looked up. "I have this friend...she's a girl."

Olivia nodded. "And what happened with your friend?"

Achara started to fiddle with her fingers. "She's the one that started the fight. I asked her why she did it—why she started the fight. She told me it was to protect me. Because she likes me."

"Likes you as in...more than friendship?" Olivia asked.

Achara nodded. "Yeah. Do you know what she also said? She said Miguel doesn't appreciate me. That he doesn't deserve me. And I can't stop thinking about it. I can't stop hearing her voice repeat those words in my head over and over again."

Achara spoke again before Olivia had the chance to respond. "I hear her every time I'm with Miguel and every time I see her. I hear her when I'm trying to go to sleep and in my dreams. It won't stop."

"Well, it doesn't matter what your friend thinks," Olivia told her. "It matters what you think. Do you think Miguel doesn't appreciate you?"

Achara shrugged. "That's the thing, I don't know. I like to think that he does, and I know he says he pushed Sam away when she kissed him, but how come he couldn't have told me that sooner? He had all weekend. He had plenty of chances, but he waited until he saw me at school? He says he loves me, but if he loved me, wouldn't he have wanted to tell me the second it happened?"

"He should have told you sooner, I agree," Olivia replied. "Is there anything else that makes you feel unappreciated?"

Achara shrugged. "I don't know. I mean, I feel like I can't really talk to him about things. You know, like how I'm feeling. It just seems like every time I try and bring up how I've been affected by everything that happened, he brushes it off. I know he has it worse since he's in a wheelchair and all. It's not really his fault though."

"Achara, you have every right to feel unappreciated by having your feelings invalidated," Olivia said. "Even though he has it worse, your feelings still matter just as much as his do. You should be able to talk to him without him brushing you off. You listen to his feelings; he should listen to yours."

Achara wiped the tears that were starting to fall down her cheeks with her sleeve. "So, what? You're saying that Tory's right? That he doesn't appreciate me?"

Olivia shook her head. "That's a conclusion you have to come to on your own. You're the one that has control in your relationship. Not me, not Tory."

"Can't you just tell me what to do? Please?" Achara begged. "Please, just tell me what to do. Isn't that your job? To listen to my problems and give me advice?"

"I can't give you direct advice, Achara," Olivia responded. "It's not my job to tell you what to do, but to assist you and help you arrive at solutions."

Achara blew out air through her nose. "So you can just up and tell me I'm depressed, but you can't give me a straightforward solution to my problems?"

Olivia nodded. "Yes. Believe me Achara, if I could, I would. But I can't."

Achara crossed her legs and rolled her eyes. "That's stupid."

Olivia chuckled and closed her notebook. "That's it for today. Remember, you can take the advice of others into consideration, but at the end of the day, the only one who can make the decision is you."

Achara nodded and stood up. "Thanks, Olivia. See ya next time?"

Olivia smiled. "I'll be here waiting."

— EMILIA'S NOTES

oh hey there...

first things first i wanna say thank you so much for 3.7k reads!! this fic is everything to me so i'm really glad y'all are enjoying it!

we had another therapy session. this is going to be a recurring thing so apologies if you don't like it. i'm not shying away from the trauma.

alsssooo...what do you think achara should do?

i already know what's going to happen but i wanna hear from you!! i feel like the consensus is going to be break up with him lol.

also for some reason i've been imagining olivia as melissa barrera. but feel free to imagine her however you want.

alternative chapter title: thirasawat twins, you've got a big storm coming...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 571 15
๐’„๐’๐’ƒ๐’“๐’‚ ๐’Œ๐’‚๐’Š ๐’”๐’†๐’‚๐’”๐’๐’๐’” ๐Ÿ-๐Ÿ” โ”โ” โmy creation, is it real? it's my creation, i do not know.โž eli moskowitz x female oc x demetri alexopoulo...
5.3K 276 12
๐’„๐’๐’ƒ๐’“๐’‚ ๐’Œ๐’‚๐’Š ๐’”๐’†๐’‚๐’”๐’๐’๐’” ๐Ÿ-๐Ÿ” โ”โ” โi put my heart into us and you cracked it in two.โž eli moskowitz x female oc, moon x female oc. cover by @...
70.1K 3.6K 15
-๐“๐‡๐„ ๐–๐€๐‹๐‹๐’ แต—แต’สณสธ, สณแต’แต‡แต‡สธ '๐™€๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฎ๐™—๐™ค๐™™๐™ฎ'๐™จ ๐™ก๐™š๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™จ ...