The 0th Corps Commander Becam...

By PopeOfDeonism

While resting in his room at the Demon Kings castle Deon passes out and regains memories of a certain red hai... More

Chapter 2 - Rest properly
Chapter 3 - Corps Commander Meeting
Chapter 4 - Fire of Destruction
Chapter 5 - Zeroth Corps Commander
Chapter 6 - A human?
Chapter 7 - Hero V.S. Villain
Chapter 8 - Confrontation
Chapter 9 - Deon's dress up day
Chapter 10 - Banquet after Banquet
Chapter 11 - I am home
Chapter 12 - Butterfly fiasco
Chapter 13 - Neutrality of Death
Chapter 14 - Quelling down a burning
Chapter 15 - Obsession after obsession
Chapter 16 - Cruel is very cruel
Chapter 17 - Daunting Memories
Chapter 18 - Oracles Revelation
Chapter 19 - An Unexpected Predicament
Chapter 20 - Blurry Destiny
Chapter 21 - Operation: Actors of Acting
Chapter 22 - Demon Arut's return
Chapter 23 - A slight change in the persona
Chapter 24 - A child?
Side Chapter: An older brother's perspective
Chapter 25 - All To Which Will Happen Eventually
Chapter 26 - You Lonely Child
Chapter 27 - Little Red Riding Hood, Don't die
Chapter 28 - Emergency
Chapter 29 - Friendly Threat
Chapter 30 - A Changed Outcome
Chapter 31 - Me or Him?
Chapter 32 - Family Bonding
Chapter 33 - Disturbances
Chapter 34 - Unforseen action
Chapter 35 - Power of Death!
Chapter 36 - The Coming of a War Against a Disaster
Chapter 37 - Changing Fate
Chapter 38 - A Better Life
Chapter 39 - Healing
Chapter 40 - Magic Regeneration?
Chapter 41 - Hyung-nim!
Chapter 42 - The Ending
Chapter 43 - Sneaky Child
Chapter 44 - A Wild Day Out
Chapter 45 - Blood Samples
Chapter 46 - Negotiation Gone Wrong
Chapter 47 - Threatening Negotiation
Chapter 48 - Collecting World Errors!
Chapter 49 - Improvement

Chapter 1 - Cale? It's Deon now!

6.3K 223 141
By PopeOfDeonism

I had a sudden thought while looking at Deon and Cale... What if Cale reincarnated as Deon and regains his memories 22 years later where the story officially begins

This is a self indulgent fic, so it won't go according to the novel this will be a more crack fic treated seriously.

Deon/Cale is gonna be ooc since his personality is now a mix of the both of them and has knowledge from the novel and he knows his brother doesn't hate him. He's just desperate to get away from everyone though.... But being Cale he twists the story in some odd way.

I hope you guys enjoy my crazy ideas 🙏🙏🙏

***

Deon was currently in his room working on paperwork that he detested with his whole soul. Of course with Ed because he refuses to do a mountain of paperwork alone so he might as well drag his very reliable vice commander.

"Sir Arut this should be the- S-sir Arut?!"

Ed screamed looking at Deon who had his head face planted on the table.

"Ed... I'm going to sleep. don't. disturb. me."

Deon said word by word in hopes that Ed would understand and let him sleep however Ben misunderstood and thought that Deon was probably thinking that Ben was challenging his authority. (This is not true at all)

"Y-yes!"

Ed quickly mustered up enough courage to reply before grabbing all of the paperwork outside of Deon's room.

"Haah... I want to retire."

Deon sighed in tiredness, he wanted to run away so badly but the security here is so tight!

Too tired to do anything else Deon decided to lie on the bed and thought about the resignation letter he was gonna give to the Demon King.

***

"Where... the hell am I...?"

Deon looked around his surroundings which were unfamiliar yet familiar as well. He didn't know why but he felt slightly more relaxed here.

It seemed to be a room but it was pitch black as if there was not a single light in there and no colorful colors were to be seen.

"My child, you're finally here."

A man with white hair and bronze skin suddenly appeared in the room walking up to Deon.

"Who..- Ugh?"

Deon was about to ask who the man was but had a sudden headache as memories quickly began to flow into his head.

"God of fucking Death."

Deon finally cursed out the name of the entity talking to him while trying to smile as "politely" as he could. This raised another question, how come in every life he's in he can never catch a damn break?

"Haha, my dear Cale you finally remember me!"

God of Death squealed at the acknowledgment of Cale(?).

"I don't go by Cale anymore. Besides the last memories I had when I was Cale were not pleasant at all."

Cale now Deon said, picking up a cookie that somehow appeared in his hand out of thin air.

"Alright, so you know what world you're in right my child?"

God of Death asked, resting his chin on his hand while looking at Deon who was now daydreaming of his rich retirement and slacker life. He watched every single life that Cale who was now Deon lived through.

Starting from his life as Kim Rok Soo and then to Cale Henituse where he should have lived a happier life and yet he was betrayed by his comrades who he considered his family and now Deon Hart, a child without memories of his past lives until he hit the age of twenty-two.

"Haah... Yeah I do know about this world. How did you reincarnate me as a main character out of everyone?"

Deon sighed in disappointment. If he reincarnated as someone irrelevant then he could ignore the story plot and live life as he wanted.

That's a lie and they both know that. Well, Deon is still in denial about that.

Cale would end up as the main character no matter what since he was chosen by the God of Hope and the God of Death. He was a child loved dearly by the Gods yet detested the Gods as much as they had loved him.

"You remember our deal right, C- Deon?"

"Yes... prevent the destruction of the world and the main character himself, it doesn't matter how I did it as long as it can prevent it."

Deon answered back dryly. He was getting irritated because of seeing the God of Death's face for more than ten minutes.

"But I didn't expect that main character to be me..."

Deon wanted to bury himself right now.

It's too late to even avoid the plot since he regained his memories too late, had he regained them during the eight-year war he could have at least prevented his parent's death and prevent a lot of misery for himself and his brother.

And the even worse part! Deon well back when before he transmigrated as Cale Henituse and was still Kim Rok Soo read a novel called 'I'm Not That Kind of Talent'.

It was about the main character who was a double spy for both the Demon realm and the Empire. Kim Rok Soo at that time had only heard slight spoilers but other than that the only thing he knew was what Duke Illistor was planning and the ending for the main character of that series.

But he did not anticipate that he was going to be that main character!

"Ahem... As for an award for preventing the destruction of nameless one we gods decided to let you keep your ancient powers, abilities, and your memories."

"That's it? I think I deserve at least a little more than just keeping my abilities that I worked for with my own body. You should at least help me with my current condition now and maybe a few new abilities that can actually help me survive?"

"...T..That's true..."

"So?"

"Alright, alright I'll get rid of them... however I cannot change your appearance back so you will stay as Deon. And I'll give you some new abilities, you'll know it when you see it."

"That's fine by me, it would be more suspicious if I looked like Cale anyway."

"Oh and one last thing before you go. Choi Jung Soo and Lee Soo Hyuk wanted to tell you that: please live happily in this world, we'll always be there with you"

God of Death relayed the last message from the Korean duo to Cale now Deon before he started to wake up from his sleep.

***

"Mm? Huh?"

Deon stared at his hand which had droplets of water on them. Reaching to touch his face to feel just a few tears that were running down his stoic face.

Bang!

"Sir Arut! His majesgy- S-sir Arut?!"

Ed stood there shocked at the scene in front of him. Deon looked at Ed with a questioning before realizing what was going on.

"Ah... Ed, it's not what it looks like."

Deon wanted to curse himself at the moment, this was so embarrassing, and if the other commanders saw him crying like this too? He'd be humiliated to death and probably killed too... He didn't even know why water was running down his cheeks!

"Ed, pretend you never saw that."

Deon said giving a gentle smile that did not look gentle at all to Ed.

"Y..yes sir."

"So what was it that you had to barge into my room like that?"

Deon rested his head on his hand while looking at Ed who was across from him.

"His majesty has called for you."

Ed quickly replied back to Deon who almost choked on the cold tea he had just grabbed to take a sip from.

"I see... I'll go see him right now."

Deon said, quickly getting up to wear his corps commander uniform before leaving with Ed following behind him.

***

Thud.

Deon threw a white piece of paper on the Demon King's desk and stood across, clasping his hands behind his back looking at the Demon King emotionlessly.

The Demon King who was watching Deon's hand withdraw after placing the paper on his desk looked down at the paper on top of the desk and saw the words 'resignation Letter' written on it. His eyes widened, and his face turned ashen before he could even lift his head.

Deon looked at the Demon King's shocked expression and spoke in a firm voice, without a hint of emotion.

"I want to resign." and get away from you and the Emperor!

If the Empire has 'Heroes', the Demon Kingdom has
'Corps Commanders'. Just as the Empire puts forward its capable generals, the Demon Kingdom also puts forward its 'Commanders'.

Therefore, the Corps Commanders serve as both the sword and shield of the Demon Kingdom, as well as a symbol of strength.

Officially, there are a total of twelve Corps Commanders in the Demon Kingdom, numbering from one to twelve, but in fact, there is one more, hidden in secret, the unmentioned Corps Commander.

The people of the Demon Kingdom, and even the enemy Empire's army, know of the open secret, Zeroth Corps Commander.

The person in charge of the Zero Corps was none other than the one who had killed the last 'Hero', virtually the strongest Commander in the Demon Kingdom. Having such a powerful Commander suddenly say he will resign was unimaginable.

"No! Never!"

"You can't abandon me!"

With great determination, the Demon King grabbed his subordinate's legs and sat down on the ground.

Usually, the Zeroth Commander hardly spoke and moved around, so when he came here personally, the Demon King wondered why and was even a little happy at the sudden visit.

But to say something like this. Maybe he wasn't being sincere. As always, it was just a test. It must be a test. There's no way Arut would just resign like this right? He gave him everything a human needs since Human dietary's and needs are different from demons.

He raised his head while still holding onto Deon's legs tightly. His yellow eyes met red eyes, and silence flowed through the air.

Perhaps Deon could tell from his eyes what he was trying to say.

'If I go this far, you can't tell me that you're really going to quit, right?'

His eyes, which had been stiff all along, trembled slightly to see if his intentions worked properly. At first glance, it was not obvious, but the Demon King, who was concentrating on him, was able to catch it quickly.

It was shaking.

'Don't laugh, don't laugh, don't laugh, don't laugh.'

In reality, Deon's eyes were trembling while convincing himself not to laugh at the pitiful sight of the Demon King.

This man was even more shameless than Alberu! Not that he wants to remember that crazy bastard. And even though he read about this part he still couldn't get used to how shameless the Demon King was.

The Demon King let go of the legs he was holding on to and jumped up. Instead, this time he grabbed onto both of Deon's shoulders.

"Why? Is there something not to your liking? Do your subordinates treat you badly? Are they discriminating against you just because you're human? Which bastard is it? Tell me, I'I make them regret being alive!"

Contrary to his harsh tone, the Demon King was convinced that no one would do such a thing.

The power of the human was so strong that everyone had no choice but to acknowledge it.

No, what is 'acknowledge'? To the demons, he possessed overwhelming strength that can't be obtained even with hard work. Far from being friendly, everyone was in awe and respect, who would be brave enough to mess with him? Mess with him once and your whole body would be sent to the grave in pieces!

Nevertheless, there was a reason for doing this.
Deon Hart, known as "Demon Arut" in the Demon Castle, was the only human in command after the Demon King.

He was the only human in the castle, so he didn't know what other humans were like, but unlike other demons, he was extremely reluctant to see someone's blood unless when it came to his enemy. So when it came to this, there was no choice but to react somehow.

As expected.

Just as he was about to leave the office, his wrist was grabbed.

Turning around, he saw a pair of red eyes looking at him with a menacing gaze. The Demon King forced on a smile.

Looks like he was finally willing to talk.

The other party was his treasured person, and the one who had just handed in his resignation letter, so instead of shaking him off, he let out a deep sigh and sat down with a tired expression.

"I'll ask you again. What is the reason?"

"Are you going to kill me?"

Deon really wanted to know the answer, he didn't really read the whole novel. He only read all the way up to the beginning of the war, including a bit of information of the future. That included Cruel's death which he still wasn't sure was the cause of his older brother's death.

The Demon King, with an ominous gaze, turned to look at Deon.

What did his gaze say? Is it a gaze that says 'what ludicrous things are you spewing now?' or was it 'are you that desperate for death to ask me that?'

Maybe it was a gaze that said 'maybe after I'm done playing with you when you no longer have any worth.'

Deon was conflicted on whether he should apologize right now or...? However no matter how much Deon thinks about it, nothing but a dark future comes to his mind especially after realizing his fate in the novel from his life as Kim Rok Soo.

Deon couldn't avoid the intense gaze that was directed at him, he could only stand still emotionlessly while watching the Demon King cling onto him a while ago in utter horror and awkwardness.

While that had happen, the Dominating Aura activated just a little in order to keep Deon standing. Of course the Demon King did not necessarily know that, although it activated to keep Deon from falling or trembling under the gaze of the Demon King, there was no malicious intent spotted.

As if the Demon King was trying to read Deon's mind, the Demon King finally lowered his head.

"There is no way I could kill you. What's the reason?
Talk to me."

Though Deon hesitated, it was only for a moment.

Well, since Deon was planning to escape from the castle, this was a necessary process. he couldn't run away, no, to be precise, he shouldn't. This is all for his precious slacker life he will soon have after he retires.

So, Deon opened his mouth.

".... It's-"

"Puahh!"

Suddenly, the familiar, metallic smell of blood spread from Deon's mouth to his nose.

"Cough!! Cough!"

"Ah."

Deon was finally able to grasp the situation.

'This weak body of mine! Of all places, to vomit blood here! Damn it!'

Deon looked at the blood-stained papers. Even the Demon King was drenched in his blood.... Oh dear fuck, he didn't even bother saying god since they were the motherfuckers who put him here in the first place.

'What a shitty life.'

Deon quickly covered his mouth and backed away from the desk.

The papers were already stained, and the Demon King's hands were covered in his blood. Deon saw him clench his teeth, as if he was angry.

Deon swallowed back the screams that were about to erupt out of his throat as killing intent pierced throughout his entire body, thankfully the Dominating Aura helped him feel more steady and relieved. However this led him with no other choice but to speak so Deon slowly opened his mouth to talk.

"I'm sorry. I dirtied the papers..."

"That doesn't matter right now! Doctor! Call the Zeroth Corps Commander's doctor!! What is he doing when the patient is so sick?!"

Deon didn't really bother since this frequently happened a lot in both of his lives whether it was Kim Rok Soo or Cale Henituse he always had a nosebleed or ended up coughing up blood and that didn't seem to be that much different even now as Deon.

Deon felt like he caused this accident because he was sick and his blood got on the papers. That means the doctor failed to do his job properly, and as a result, the doctor was to blame for this accident even though it was still technically his fault.

'So instead of blaming me, he'll blame the doctor, does that really make any sense at all?'

'I'm still curious as to why no one has found out I have an illness and it's not because of an after-effect I supposedly got from killing the hero. Actually if anybody found out regardless if I was strong or not I'd definitely be killed right away for being a fraud.'

Since this was the Demon King's Castle the doctor was also a demon since all demons were made up by magic by the Demon King as well as the fact that this place was made to be practically impossible for humans to live in due to the many demonic monsters roaming about.

Resigning to his fate for now, Deon slumped down in his seat with a bitter expression thinking about how come in every life he never had a single chance to slack off and do nothing.

(That is all on you tbhhh....)

'Dammit, it's over for me.. No I can't give up on my slacker life it's important!'

***

"What is he doing when the patient is so sick?! Huh?!"

The overwhelming magic power swept through the entire castle.

It was obvious who the source of this dense and heavy magic power was. Ben, the Zeroth Corps Commanders doctor, hurriedly packed his medical bag for remote visits and was prepared to die today by the angry Demon Kings hands.

Of course, the Demon King's only concern was the patient Ben was in charge of, the Commander of the Zeroth Corps, Demon Arut. Everyone else did not suffer from any after-effects.

***

This is copy pasted from the novel before I changed my mind on what the fanfic was gonna be so it's a little weird... but in short

Cale dies alone after being locked in his room from his family's paranoia but Cale being Cale makes a last minute deal with the GoD and reincarnates as Deon, after 22 years later Deon regains his memories as both Cale and Kim Rok Soo.

Good plot right??? (I kind of half assed it actually) 👍👍👍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.7K 2.1K 79
Adara Thornwin, the best friend of Cale Henituse, and possibly equally as Trash as him, decides to visit her best friend one day. She has no idea wha...
5.4K 261 7
Collections of Oneshots and special chapters [from my other book] 1. [The Green Dragon's Diary] -Cale Henituse never trusts his gut feelings. Be...
5.4K 440 4
If he had known his dream would lead to this end. He doesn't want it. The scarifies that were made. The feeling of loss that revolved around him. ...
71K 4.8K 29
What happens when Cale got transported into the world of Eleceed along with few of his companions. Will he gets his (non existent) slacker life in t...