Road to Recovery

By ITZBILLCIPHER

Cross posted on ao3 More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Untitled Part 19
Untitled Part 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 3

118 3 0
By ITZBILLCIPHER

Breakfast-

At breakfast, Diana was still clinging to Charles. No one paid much attention to them. His brother, Andrew's wife, Sarah, gave Diana a sympathetic look, but that was it.

He scooped her up in his arms and sat her down in the chair. He piled her plate up with her favorites, and kissed her cheek, before he too, sat down next to her.

Then, his father, Prince Phillip, spoke up.

"There's been lots of terrorist attacks in France. Mainly by the ETA." he said, unaware that this would trigger Diana's severe trauma.

Diana screamed in terror. Her eyes were wide with panic. Her face turned pale. Her body started shaking. She was sweating.

She gasped for air. She couldn't breathe.

"Pleasestoppleasestoppleasestop" Diana muttered, tears starting to stream down her face. Her hands shot to her hair, clutching it tightly.

Diana fell to the ground, and curled up into a ball, sobbing and rocking back and fourth.

Her thoughts raced

Help me help me help me help me

Now everyone was starting. Most of the family, especially Sarah and Charles, looked heartbroken and worried. Her boys- her precious boys- looked terrified. Prince Phillip was doing his best to stay calm.

But one person looked furious.

Queen Elizabeth.

" What. The. Hell. Was. THAT?!"

The queen growled, her voice full of annoyance.

Charles immediately knelt next to his wife, pulling her into his arm.

"It's gonna be ok darling"

"I SAID, WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT? YOU'RE A DAMN PRINCESS SO YOU BETTER START ACTING LIKE ONE OR ELSE-"

She was cut off by an angry glare from Sarah. The redhead shot a look of sympathy at her friend as if to say "I'm sorry about this Diana." Then snapped her glare back at the queen.

Standing protectively in front of her best friend, Sarah stood up to her- to their mother in law

"Wrong with her ? What's wrong with you ?!"

"She's acting like an insolent child! She overreacting! She's ruining the family!!!!!!" snaps Queen Elizabeth

" Insolent? Overreacting? She's fucking traumatized ! Which you would notice, if you weren't obsessed with stupid duty and protocol!" Sarah snapped back.

At this, the queen got up from the table and stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind her, causing everyone, especially Diana, to flinch.

Sarah's face softened when she looked down at her friend, who was still being held and reassured by Charles.

Diana had a full blown panic attack and the Queen had the audacity to say it's "childish".

As if Diana had asked to be traumatized.

She knelt down next to diana

"Sorry Duch. It's not you who's ruining the family. It's her "

Sarah didn't mind talking this way about the Queen. Especially after her husband had revealed the day she forgot to pick him up after kindergarten

"I'm surprised Diana actually cares about her sons. Very rare for a future queen" muttered Andrew, after Diana had picked up her oldest son, William, from kindergarten.

"Uhh... what do you mean Andrew?" asked Sarah, very confused.

"Well, mother never picked me up. Not even in kindergarten. One time she forgot to tell the nanny to pick me up and I had to sleep outside. Then she got mad at me. " Andrew sighed.

"That's awful... I'm just glad Diana hasn't been influenced by her..."

The couple look outside the window, to see Diana, with her sons, chasing a red ball.

"I hope mother doesn't see that..."

The queen then stormed out and yelled at Diana. Diana looked hurt...

Yeah. Sarah wasn't the biggest fan of the Queen. And today... was completely unacceptable on the Queen's behalf. Diana wouldn't normally act like that... but now Diana was deeply traumatized.

She's been kidnapped , most likely tortured, if not physically, definitely emotionally, almost got killed , the man who saved her life died in front of her...

She just hoped her friend would recover... and be happy again...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 3 31
Fluff:๐Ÿฉท Angst:๐Ÿ˜ฐ Angst then fluff:๐Ÿฅน Everything gay ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ no one is safe not even Kent
23.9K 547 98
Oneshots of my favorite characters and acttresses Request are open for angst, fluff, hurt/comfort, and mental health related requests.
82.6K 3.8K 18
โ€งอ™โบหš*๏ฝฅเผ“โ˜พ โคท โ ๐ง๐จ๐›๐จ๐๐ฒ ๐ฐ๐š๐ง๐ง๐š ๐ฌ๐ž๐ž ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ๐ ๐ž๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ข๐ญ ๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฆ๐š๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐จ, ๐œ๐š๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ข ๐ ๐จ๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ โž โคท๐˜ˆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ง๏ฟฝ...