Road to Recovery

By ITZBILLCIPHER

Cross posted on ao3 More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Untitled Part 19
Untitled Part 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 1

345 3 6
By ITZBILLCIPHER

Ionia raises her gun, aiming the muzzle to the back of the princess's golden hair. Her eyes were shut tightly, holding back tears. It's over. She'll never see her boys again. Her family. Her... husband...

She remembers. Her first day of kindergarten, her second grade play, her sisters, meeting him... meeting Charles. Her friendship with Sarah. The birth of her sons.

Then... the fateful day. The motorcycle ride with the King of Spain. Them getting surrounded by three gunmen for the ETA. Them dragging her away, into the green van.

Ionia's finger went to the trigger.

Charles

She thought.

BANG

Ionia had pulled the trigger. Diana felt an agonizing pain in her skull, it hurt so much. She slowly moved a shaking hand to the wound. Blood. So much blood.

Diana collapsed to the floor. Bleeding out. Fighting to stay alive. To see her family, at least for one last time.

To see her husband again.

Ionia looked furious. In her mind Diana needed to die.

She pulled the trigger again and again, ignoring Diana's screams of agony. Blood splattered everywhere, soaking into the plush white carpet.

Ionia blew her brains out. Diana continued to scream in agony.

The last thing she saw before it was all over was the terrified and heartbroken look on her husband's face, as he barged in, in an attempt to save the woman he loved more than anything. 

Diana woke up in a cold sweat. It wasn't real. She was alive. Ionia was dead.

Dead.

Just like Xabier. Her savior. He had died because she was too slow and now he was 6 feet under the ground.

She was stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. If it weren't for her, he'd still be alive.

Diana untangled herself from Charles arms and got out of bed. She walked out into the balcony and sat down on the hanging chair. The cushions where soft. She curled up into the fetal position and sobbed.

It was so painful... the kidnapping, death... and the nightmares. She never let Charles know. She didn't want to burden him... didn't want to make him worry about her.

After all, she wasn't someone worth worrying about. 

Meanwhile, Charles had just woken up... without his beloved wife in his arms.

"Diana?" he sounding concerned.

He made his way to the balcony, hoping Diana was out there.

Meanwhile, Diana had heard the door slide open and had quickly wiped away her tears to hide her sadness from her husband.

"Diana? Are you ok?" Charles asked, walking towards her.

Diana quickly sat up and put on a fake smile.

"O-of course. I'm... fine"

Charles sat down next to her.

"You've been crying. Haven't you?"

Diana sighed. He was right of course. 

"Y-yes..." she stammered, feeling incredibly guilty.

Charles put an arm around her shoulder.

"Oh darling..."

Diana couldn't help it. She leaned onto his shoulder and cried.

"Shhh... let it all out. Let it all out" Charles rubbed her back comfortingly, stroking her hair.

Diana cried. She cried until her throat hurt, until she couldn't cry anymore.

Charles still held her. Not letting go. Never.

"I love you Diana. So, so much. Don't you ever forget that sweetheart"

Diana buried her head into his chest, and he picked her up and put her in his lap.

"I love you too, Charles"

Charles smiled, kissing her forehead.

"Come on darling, let's go to breakfast"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

My Goal By layla

Teen Fiction

98 3 7
~nsfw a bit of angst (jk the whole story is angst) ~♡♡
38.1K 997 18
the title says it all :) feel free to leave requests in the comments or via dm!
4.4K 89 29
[Book cover doesn't belong to me! It belongs to their rightful owner!] REQUEST PAGE CLOSED! (Because why not? >:D) Begun: 11.18.2023 Finished : X
6.4K 204 34
Inspired by @TogoTodoroki