๐˜ˆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ข ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฑ...

By mosquit0felix

๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด More

Author's note
CHAPTER I
CHAPTER II
CHAPTER III
CHAPTER V
CHAPTER VI
CHAPTER VII
CHAPTER VIII
CHAPTER IX
CHAPTER X
CHAPTER XI
CHAPTER XII
CHAPTER XIII
CHAPTER XIV
CHAPTER XV
CHAPTER XVI
CHAPTER XVII

CHAPTER IV

86 5 0
By mosquit0felix

It was one of the usual evenings, the thirteen boys had gathered at Seungcheol's apartment since it was the largest.

They all shared the same building even though they lived in different apartments. All their plans were simpler to organize as they didn't have to move much.

Joshua lived on his own and so did Seungcheol and Woozi.
Meanwhile Dokyeom, Hoshi and Jeonghan shared the apartment, so did Mingyu and Wonwoo, Jun and Minghao.
Dino, Seungkwan and Vernon still lived with their parents although they would spend most of their time at their hyungs' places. Seungcheol had four more guest rooms which would occasionally host all of the other boys. It was at Seungcheol's huge apartment that Dino, Seungkwan and Vernon would sleep sometimes.

"Josh could you pass me the bowl please?" Wonwoo requested from the other side of the table as he wanted another portion of rice and Joshua immediately followed to give it to him.

"It's been so long since we've all gathered here" Dino exclaimed.

Everyone nodded with bright smiles on their faces as they shared dinner together. Meanwhile, Joshua and Jeonghan sent each other sideways glances and as soon as Seungcheol noticed he spoke.

"So everyone I have, I mean, we have an announcement to make, I hope you're ready for this one" everyone stared with a focused gaze on Seungcheol.
"Ohh right" Dokyeom murmured as he wiped his mouth.

"Tomorrow we will be arranging Joshua's cafe as he has always wanted" Seungcheol went on, "we have prepared healthy cats and dogs to be adopted by the cafe, there will be professional staff who will occasionally come during the day and feed the animals, they will clean them and make a check up on the general environment they're living in" the older paused and scanned the room, observing each reaction on their faces, "the company financed all the expenses that had to cover the staff, the animals and other tests".

"Joshua, we made this all for you" Dokyeom glanced at Seungcheol, Wonwoo, Dino and finally Jeonghan.

Jeonghan turned up his gaze at Joshua, a faint smile escaped Joshua's face expression as he thought about the incoming event at his cafe.

Joshua then looked back at Seungcheol and he cracked a smile that soon turned into a grin from ear to ear.

"Thank you" Joshua slowly spoke as his eyes turned glossy.

A brief moment of silence now followed.

"Now let's raise a glass for the amazing news!" Hoshi suddenly broke the silence.

Everyone immediately cheered and Vernon whistled in celebration.

"Cheers!" Seungkwan paused, "May this bring joy and peace to all of us!" The younger cheered ecstatically.

"Cheers!!" Everyone shouted in unison as their glasses clinked together.

The evening quickly flew by as the group played board games and entertained themselves with jokes that made the whole apartment shake because of their laughter sounds.

———————————

As the anticipated event came the next day everyone was thrilled. Joshua was pacing back and forth since he just couldn't wait for the workers to finish their job there. He was hyperactive that day.

The workers were assembling the pet houses inside the cafe and Joshua could almost cry thinking at how amazing it will all be.

Jeonghan soon arrived at the cafe counter and as usual he ordered an americano.

"Joshua could you please take this order, I need to help out the previous customer over there" Mingyu requested referring to Jeonghan's americano, he quickly left to a table.

"Hi... oh it's you.... What did you order?" Joshua squinted his eyes but soon turned cold-faced as he spoke to Jeonghan.

"Oh..uhm.. a coffee... I mean an americano, please?" Jeonghan stuttered since he expected Joshua to yell at him and to his surprise the younger seemed calm but distant nevertheless.

"I'll be right back" Joshua replied as he hurriedly grabbed a clean cup and poured the warm beverage in it.

"Here" Joshua handed him the americano.

Jeonghan took the cup and sipped on it standing at the counter.

"So... how was work today?" Jeonghan asked stirring up his black coffee.

"What do you care Jeonghan" Joshua replied.

"No one was talking to you" Jeonghan looked up, rolling his eyes, and glanced at Mingyu who was cleaning up the counter next to Joshua, the latter didn't notice the younger came back from the other customer.
Jeonghan's reply left Joshua speechless.

"Alright I guess? Both Joshua and I are looking forward for the workers to finish off the job" Mingyu eagerly replied.

"I can imagine... Seungcheol sent me off here to update the company once the workers finish" Jeonghan added.

Meanwhile Joshua was eavesdropping their conversation.

Jeonghan kept on chatting with Mingyu every once in a while since the latter was very absorbed in work.

Minutes, hours, passed by and the workers were slowly leaving one by one as they had already finished off all the work it had to be done. It was closing time for the cafe so all the customers had left.

Except Jeonghan.

Dogs and cats were now freely roaming around and Jeonghan wanted to take in all the lively situation.

Mingyu was petting a puppy that seemed the perfect companion for him.

Joshua was already naming the animals around. He was brightly smiling, a grin ear to ear marked his soft face features.

Jeonghan was sitting on a chair, watching TikToks on how to talk with a cat.
He was enjoying himself, occasionally giggling at his phone.

"Are you that desperate to have a friend?" A familiar voice asked.

It was Joshua from behind.

"No I just wanna talk with that one cat... he seems sad" Jeonghan pouted pointing at an orange fluffy cat.

"Pfff unbelievable" Joshua let out a chuckle.

"Why did you bother me?" Jeonghan raised an eyebrow in curiosity.

"No reason" Joshua replied and quickly walked away.

"Joshua wait" Jeonghan hurriedly got behind Joshua and grabbed the younger's arm.

Jeonghan acted impulsively. He truly wasn't aware of his own doing. Did he just grab Joshua's arm?

Joshua instantly moved his arm to let go of Jeonghan's grip.

"What?" Joshua annoyedly asked.

"Nothing... never mind" Jeonghan replied, he couldn't utter a word.

"Don't you think we need to talk once and for all?" Jeonghan questioned.

Joshua paused his fast paced walk.

"I have nothing to say to you" Joshua responded rolling his eyes.

A moment of silence followed as both of them seemed deep in thought. Mingyu was still there, a few meters away, caressing the animals.

"Thank you Jeonghan for organizing all of this... is that you wanna hear?" Joshua said cracking his knuckles, he appeared irritated.

"No... I believe I should be the one to start Joshua..." Jeonghan paused and looked Joshua straight in the eyes, "uhm, I think I owe you an apology" Jeonghan finally added.

Jeonghan was deeply surprised at the sudden courage he was having right in that moment.

"You think?!" Joshua blurted out, crossing his arms and letting out a sarcastic laugh.

Jeonghan stayed silent.

"Listen don't waste my time Jeonghan... I have dishes to clean up in the kitchen" Joshua rolled his eyes.

"No no please... I most definitely owe you an apology Joshua" Jeonghan never seemed this serious to Joshua.

Joshua didn't expect the next move the older would proceed to make. Jeonghan took a step forward and got closer to the younger.

"I've been gathering all the apologies I have to make to you and I know they're plenty..." Jeonghan briefly stopped as Joshua finally appeared to listen.

"I'm sorry for everything"

"I'm sorry for mocking you back in high school" Jeonghan kept his gaze down, he looked sunken as he started talking.

"I'm sorry for making fun of the way you dressed, of what you ate for lunch, I'm sorry for making fun of how you're sensitive..." Jeonghan kept on apologizing as Joshua was deeply listening. His eyes seemed focused on the older.

"And I'm sorry for making fun of your decisions, I'm sorry for being such an asshole" Jeonghan paused and took a deep breath.

"Please stop Jeonghan..." Joshua sighed, "It's just... it's just too late now" Joshua added with saddened eyes.

"Joshua please listen" Jeonghan followed to grab the younger's delicate hand, Joshua wide opened his deery eyes.

"I apologize for being the reason your parents abandoned you..." Jeonghan paused, his head was hanging down, his voice was quiet and he seemed on the brink of crying.

To Jeonghan's surprise, Joshua didn't let go of his hand.

"I'm- I'm sorry for being the antagonist of your whole life" Jeonghan finally added as a tear escaped his eye.

"You don't have to forgive me Joshua, I totally understand if you would still choose to hate me... but please let's not fight anymore..." Jeonghan stared straight at Joshua's eyes waiting for a response.

The younger let go of Jeonghan's hand.

They both stopped talking and looked down as they had ran out of words.

"I see" the younger murmured in low tone.

The whole situation caught him by surprise, nevertheless, he couldn't say it didn't actually feel right. It was time after all.

Joshua suddenly got closer and opened up his arms.

He tightly hugged Jeonghan.

"I'm sorry Joshua" the older apologized again.

He was now sobbing on the younger's shoulder.

"You know Jeonghan..." the younger paused soft toned, he stopped to ponder whether to say what he was about to.

And after a while, he spoke again.
"You know, sometimes, I don't feel like I'm real, not unless I'm hurting in some way. So you... so you don't have to feel bad" Joshua paused, he actually couldn't believe he was really pronouncing these words, "It's not like I want to be in pain, but I'm just so used to it. I don't know what to do without it anymore" Joshua inhaled deeply, "but I don't wanna fight you anymore, all the pain that I went through built the Joshua I am right now so I guess I might even thank you..." Joshua took a deep breath holding back tears.

"A part of me has always been envious of all the wealth you had, of the easy path that was paved for you by others... by people who love you... I just couldn't understand how a lucky person like you wouldn't be grateful... so I started verbally fighting you" the younger paused, "I just wanted to punch you Jeonghan" Joshua briefly chuckled.

"I didn't think you would ever come to me to apologize... I never even considered you coming to talk to me like this... a part of me always held onto the hope, the hope you would never speak to me, because I lacked the words" Joshua paused as he let go of the hug, "I lacked the words to express how deeply in pain I was because of you, I never had the courage to tell you all the suffering you put me through... I'm sorry for being a coward" Joshua finally added as he wiped the tears off his face. His gaze fixed on the floor.

"Joshua don't... I'm the one who had to apologize" Jeonghan smiled with his gaze focused on the younger.

The two decided to head back home since it was late.
They strolled on the usual sidewalk.

"It's crazy though" Joshua softly spoke as they started walking home, "it took us just a few minutes to fix more than nine years of bickering" he gently smiled thinking at how unbelievable the situation was.

They both couldn't realize it was all over. The despise they felt for each other had gradually faded away. It felt unreal to the both of them.

They felt at ease now. A heavy weight had been lifted off their chests.

Or did it?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 54 11
๋ง ์ข€ ํ•ด์ค˜ ๋‚ด ์•ˆ์—์„œ
6.2K 239 9
"๐–„๐–”๐–”๐–“ ๐•ต๐–Š๐–”๐–“๐–Œ๐–๐–†๐–“..๐–Œ๐–” ๐–”๐–“ ๐–† ๐–‰๐–†๐–™๐–Š ๐–œ๐–Ž๐–™๐– ๐–’๐–Š.." ... "๐–˜๐–š๐–—๐–Š๐–‘๐–ž ๐–‡๐–”๐–˜๐–˜.." @joshukyeom_
471K 3.8K 55
๐—ฏ๐—ฎ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—น๐˜† ๐˜€๐—บ๐˜‚๐˜ ~ ๐˜š๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ _๐˜ž๐˜–๐˜™๐˜“๐˜‹ ๐ŸŒŽ