" His badass love " Jackson A...

By Tacy20

Mia Shepherd possessed a quiet strength that belied the scars of her past. With dark brown eyes that held a w... More

Hello, readers
Mia's Background
Chapter 1(6x5)
Chapter 2(6x6)
Chapter 3(6x7)
Chapter 4(6x8)
Chapter 5(6x9)
Chapter 6(6x10)
Chapter 7(6x11)
Chapter 8(6x12)
Chapter 10(6x16)
Chapter 11 (6x19)
Chapter 12 (6x21)
Chapter 13 (6x22)
Chapter 14 (6x23)
The Road to Mia's recovery
Chapter 15 (7x1)

Chapter 9(6x13)

60 0 0
By Tacy20

6x13: "State of Love and Trust"

Valentine's Day is also known as the day of love. There are a few different people in the world. Some people are single but love
Valentine's Day, the people who love Valentine's Day because they have someone to celebrate with, and then... there's me. I'm in a group of people who are single and hate the holiday. I hate Valentine's Day not only because I'm single, but I think it's dumb to have a holiday. Where you buy your significant other red, white, and pink crap and tell them that you love them when you could do that any other day of the year.

Despite not liking Valentine's Day, I'm on a date with a guy I met a little while ago. He was nice to me when we met but now, I'm starting to regret it because he's been a total douche. He showed up half an hour late, he tried to order for me and all he's talked about is himself.

When he leaves the table to say hi to one of his buddies in the kitchen, I call Jackson.

Jackson🩺: - hey angel-
Me:- save me!!
Jackson🩺:- what's up?
Me:- I'm on a date with a guy right now and I want to kill myself. He's a total douche. If you love me, you'll save me from this disaster.
Jackson🩺:- I just got paged to the hospital. I don't know if you did, but I hear the sound of my pager going off.
Me:- just did. Multiple incoming traumas. Hallelujah!
Jackson🩺: - text me where you are and I'll be there as fast as I can.
Me:- you're amazing! Thank you, pretty boy.
Jackson🩺:- anything for you angel.

I hung up on Jackson and texted him the address. I wait for about ten minutes then I get a text from Jackson.

Jackson 🩺 : I'm here. Run angel 😇

I grab my purse and my bag with my scrubs in it then I bolt out the door before he comes back to the table.
I see Jackson's car and I jump in the passenger seat.

Mia: "adore you. Thank you so much, I owe you everything."

That was the worst date ever, and I've had similar dates.

I looked over at Jackson who was staring at me.

Mia: "What?"

Jackson: "You, uh, y-you look... you look gorgeous."

I start blushing as I look down at my outfit. I was wearing

( Without mic)

Mia: "Thanks J. Now step on it, I wanna save lives."

Jackson smirks at me then we start driving to the hospital. When we get there, I bolt to the locker room.

Mark: "Woah woah woah, did my goddaughter have a date tonight?"

I chuckle as I turn around to see my godfather looking at me.

Mia: "Why yes Uncle Mark, I did. But it was awful. Thankfully, I was saved by my pager. Gotta go so I can save lives. Bye!"

I bolt to the locker room, change into my scrubs and my running shoes then bolt down to the ER.

(I have a lot of them" in my scrubs)

- later-

Mer and I were working on a patient who was in the restaurant and collapsed, while Alex was next to us tending to a waiter. Turns out they know each other.

Mrs. Banks: "My husband and I have been going to Grandinetti's for 15 years. Every Friday night."

Emile: "and sometimes Tuesdays."

Mrs. Banks: "Emile always takes very good care of us. But now it's time to look after yourself."

Emile: "I just thought you'd want someone with you until you found out that Mr. Banks was okay."

Mrs. Banks: "Thank you."

Mer and I walk off with Alex.

Alex: "Your patient is stalking my patient."

Meredith: "he's being a good waiter, and apparently, we're his busboys."

Alex: "Dude gave me fifty bucks to put him next to her. He's got the hots for her."

Mia: "Oh totally!"

Meredith: "Her husband is in surgery. She's married."

Alex: "You're just saying that 'cause you think you're married. His fifty bucks says he makes a move."

Mia": I want in. I'm with Alex, he's totally gonna make a move."

Alex: "You in or out."

Meredith: "I'm in, and I am married."

April: "Mrs. Shepherd?"

I look behind Mer to see April standing behind her. My dad hired her back and she is now on my dad's service all week. Rude.

Meredith: "Huh? I'm not Mrs. Shepherd."

April: "You're not?"

Meredith: "I'm Dr. Grey."

April: "Right. Right. Um, Chief Shepherd wanted me to ask you about the trustees' breakfast in the morning."

Alex: "You Shepherd's flunky now? Is that why he hired you back?"

I chuckle at Alex's comment, punch him and give him a high five.

April: "I'm on his service this week, and during this transition, he needed a little more help on the administrative side. I'm not his flunky."

Mia: "Mhmm." I lean into Alex and whisper.

Mia: "Totally his flunky."
Alex chuckles and we high-five again.

April: "So, uh, will you be going with him to the breakfast or meeting him there?"

Meredith: "I, um, am not sure I'm going at all"

April: "What? No. You have to, 'cause you're his wife."

Alex and I chuckle at Mer.

- later-

I find Jackson working with a very blonde Lexie on a severed arm in a trauma room.

Mia: "Hey you."

Jackson: "Hey. If I'm being honest, you look more beautiful in scrubs."

Mia: "Please."

Jackson: "I mean it."

I start blushing, causing Jackson smirks at me.

Mia: "Get back to work blue eyes"

I kiss Jackson on the cheek before walking out of the room.

Jackson's POV:

I smile as I watch Mimi walk out of the room. When I look back at the arm, I see Lexie smirking at me.

Jackson: "What?"

Lexie: "You like her."

Jackson: "I mean, of course, I like her. We're friends."

Lexie: "No, you like her like her. As in feelings."

Jackson: "No I don't."

Lexie: "I'm not gonna tease you. I mean, Mimi is great. She's kind, smart, funny, strong, super pretty, ambitious, stubborn, fiercely loyal. She's great. You guys would be really cute together."

I ignored Lexie and continued working on the arm, while a certain Shepherd girl was on my mind.

My POV:

I was walking with Mark as he showed me a picture of Sloan's ultrasound.

Mia: "Mark, this is amazing."

Mark: "isn't it?"

Mia: "It is."

Mark: "I'm so excited."

Mia: "I'm happy for you Mark."

We get to the lobby and I see Callie with Sloan.

Mark: "You paged me? What's going on?"

Sloan: "You paged him?"

The conversation seemed a bit tense so I slipped away and walked back to my patient.

Nurse: "Dr. Shepherd."

Mia: "Yes?"

Nurse: "I was told to give these to you."

I was handed a box and I opened it to reveal big teddy and chocolates with a little note:

I know you're not a big fan of Valentine's Day but a pretty girl like you deserves to feel special. Happy Valentine's Day angel face :)
- J.A

I start blushing as I walk over to Meredith.

Mia: "Hey."

Meredith: "Hey. Where'd you get the chocolate and teddy?"

Mia: "Uh, they were given to me."

Meredith: "By who?!"

Mia: "Uh, some secret admirer I guess."

Meredith looks at me suspiciously as I start eating my chocolate and hugging my teddy. She's about to say something when Alex shows up with a box of chocolates.

Mia: "Hey. Where'd you get those?"

Alex: "Patient room. The guy's in a coma. He's not gonna miss 'em. What about you?"

Mia: "A secret admirer gave me mine."

Alex: "It was Avery."

Mia: "Shut up, no it wasn't!"

Alex: "Whatever. Anything happens?"

Meredith: "he's still asleep, but she wants to say something."

I see Cristina come around.

Cristina: "Oh my god, I'm starving. Eww, these are all half-eaten."

Alex: "Now you can see what
they are."

Cristina: "Fifty bucks says Avery gave those to baby Shepherd."

Mia: "ugh! Okay fine, Jackson gave them to me. Ya happy? But to be clear, we're just friends."

Alex: "he's into you, Mimi."

Cristina: "No doubt baby Shepherd. He likes you and you like him."

Mia: "For the last time, we're friends."

Cristina: "Okay. Anyways, what are we doing?"

Alex: "Her boring husband's in surgery. This dude's been in love with her for 15 years."

Mia: "But she just found out."

Meredith: "So we're waiting to see if she says something."

Alex: "Or if her husband croaks."

Meredith: "But it's okay if he does because they're miserable. I mean, is this what marriage turns into? Running out of things to say and changing who you are?"

Alex: "Probably."

Cristina: "Yeah."

Mia: "Sometimes."

Meredith: "Well, I didn't marry Derek to be the Chief's arm candy. I'm a surgeon."

Cristina: yeah, you married him for the great surgeries.

Mia: "Cristina Yang!"

Meredith: "I didn't do that either."

Alex: "Right."

Cristina: "You should've."

Mia: "Idiots."

Meredith: "Ooh, shh. She's gonna say something."

I look through the window and I watch the action go down. My eyes widen when I see her monitors go off.

Mia: "Oh crap. GET A CRASH CART!!"

- later-

Emile was taken into surgery and unfortunately didn't make it, but her husband did. I'm in the resident locker room lying down on one of the benches exhausted.

Jackson: "I spy with my little eye, an exhaustedly beautiful girl."

I look up and I smile when I see Jackson looking at me.

Mia: "Hey."

Jackson: "How was your night?"

Mia: "Alex's waiter guy was in love with Mer and I's patient for 15 years and never said a word. And my lady made a choice, and she chose her husband. The husband lived but he didn't. Man, love sucks sometimes.
Jackson chuckles at me as he kisses my forehead."

Jackson: "Sometimes."

Mia: "and, uh... thanks for the teddy and chocolates. It was nice of you."

Jackson: "Anything for you angel."

I smile at Jackson and I pull him into a hug. Jackson lays his head on my shoulder and all of a sudden, I felt a surge of butterflies in my stomach.
What is that?

I decided to ignore the feeling.

Leave comments with your thoughts and likes ❤️, please

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.9K 1K 23
ALL'S FAIR IN LOVE AND WAR . . . OR, IN THIS CASE, RIVALRY AND SURGERY. jackson avery x oc greys anatomy... season 6
217K 4.6K 60
Amelia Shepherd is dating Owen Hunt. She is focused on her work more than anything. But what happens when she feels connected to a traumatized 4 year...
76.8K 2K 24
Y/N is a pediatric surgeon working in a hospital in New York. After her sister's death, she quits her job and goes to her home city - Seattle to reun...
1.6K 34 48
Mia Rives 18 year old Mia lost her parents in a tragic accident when she was 15. She found herself in an abusive relationship, shes lost in her own h...