Jobless Reincarnation as the...

By JalenM208

An extremely talented and incredible man is reincarnated into the world of Mushoku Tensei with a certain set... More

Chapter 1: The Man Who Was Selfish Enough To Do Great Things
Chapter 2: Discovering A New World
Chapter 3: The Truth Behind The Mask
Chapter 4: The Mastermind Begins His Plans
Chapter 5: The Order of Calamity
Chapter 7: The Inner Turmoil of a Lonely Man... (Part 1)
Chapter 8: ... Who Never Knew Love (Part 2)
Chapter 9: The Angry Banshee
Chapter 10: Taking Care of Business
Chapter 11: Greyrat Shenanigans
Chapter 12: A Clash Between Kings
Chapter 13: Tutoring Eris (Part 1)
Chapter 14: Tutoring Eris (Part 2)
Chapter 15: Tutoring Eris (Part 3)

Chapter 6: The Power of the Soul

805 24 7
By JalenM208

I sighed as I slid off of my bed and shook my head, my eyes glowing purple as the power of the Shadow Monarch leaked through. I just need to grow stronger. So far, my preparations are almost complete for the complete takeover of the Asura Kingdom. The next step will be the Central Continent and union of the nations under the Order of Calamity. But that does beg the question... What should I name this new country of mine?

I walked out of my room with a glare, Now I have more problems to worry about. The Order of Calamity is running extremely smoothly thus far, even without much input or aid on my part. But that's also a concern in itself. My group could grow cocky, arrogant, and view themselves above all the others and with my presence there, with how they view me, it might just be something somewhat realistic.

I teleported outside, hovering in the air with my hands in my pockets. It was still night outside, so I was able to enjoy the stars and moon shining above. All this planning, critique, and work... Seems like I'm falling into the same pit I had fallen into in my past life. I sighed grumpily. This old man has too much to do, and too much to think about.

I glanced down at the home I've been living and growing in for the last seven years of my life. So much to do in so little time. To think I already feel tired from work when I haven't even reached double digits yet... What a pain...

I looked back up at the sky, "Hm... In the meantime, let's try doing some experiments. There's a field out here nearby that is just an empty field, the same one I watched my little brother perform his Saint tier magic."

I clapped my palms together and I found myself teleported to the field. "Limitless, huh... Alright, let's give them all a little stretch."

My eyes glowed a brilliant purple and the shadows and darkness around me expanded tremendously. "Arise, my soldiers." I declared with absolute authority and control.

Glowing purple eyes appeared within my shadow before giving rise to the watery, smoky forms of long-dead foes. They rose, not in one by one, but by rank. The first to rise is a massive bipedal ant with wings, sharp claws, and glowing purple eyes. "My liege!" Beru, the General rank shadow warrior declared, his form prostrated before his ruler.

Next to rise were three others: Igris, Tusk, and Iron. Then more came, ones like Tank, Jima, the giants, and so many more.

I glanced down at them. Unlike how it was with Sung Jinwoo, when they are damaged they take up my cursed energy. Normally, that would be extremely worrying since all of my other cursed techniques also require such. But thanks to my absolutely absurd levels of cursed energy and the fact that I possess the legendary Six Eyes exalted by both the Gojo family and fans of Jujutsu Kaisen alike, I essentially had an unlimited amount of cursed energy to draw from.

"Beru." I spoke up.

Beru gazed up at me with a look of reverence. I smiled and put my hands on my hips. "You ready? I need someone to test out my current level of power against, and you're my best candidate so far." I stated.

Beru slammed his head against the ground and created a small crater from the force, "Of course, my liege!"

I nodded as he rose and I turned to the other shadow soldiers, "Alright then. As for the rest of you, I want my named soldiers to stay behind. Those who aren't named, go report to a dark haired woman going by Omega. She will understand what you need to do from there. And if she doesn't, remind her that you are there by my orders to help with the construction of that place." I ordered, watching as they turned into literal shadows before vanishing. The more powerful ones like Iron, Igris, Tusk, Tank, Jima, the giants, and Kaisel all stood before me as I gazed up at them all. Beru was on my right side with a nervous fidget as he tried his best to look good for me.

I smiled softly at that. From what I remember, Beru was the most unique and memorable of the shadow soldiers. He was also the one that revered Sung Jinwoo more openly and embarrassingly than the rest.

I looked over at each of the named shadow warriors. Igris, Iron, Jima, Tank, Tusk, Kaisel, and the 28 giants all stood before me. I could feel shivers traveling down my spine as a sadistic smirk spread across my face.

See, the thing about me is that one of the few, genuine things I truly enjoyed more than anything, was a fight that genuinely pushed me beyond my limits. A life or death bout where we threw each and everything at each other without any form of restraint. All our experience, skill, weapons, power, everything

And that's exactly what I intended to do right now.

"Actually... I want the rest of you all to fight me as well. Igris, Iron, Jima, Tank, Tusk, Kaisel, and Giant No.1 to 28. Fight me all at once." I declared, my eyes glowing brilliantly a bright purple. Luckily, this field out here is empty for several dozen miles and is far away from any form of civilians. I thought as I grinned as Blue covered my fists and I got in a stance. "Also, those who receive 'fatal wounds' will return to my shadow."

They got some distance from me as Beru was in front of me with his claws out and I warned him, "If you don't go all out against me, Beru, I'm not summoning you for the next five years. Understood?" My eyes glowed as I scowled at him.

He pouted and nodded, "Yes, my liege..."

I grinned as I said, "Let's begin!" My eyes flashed as I turned my head to the side, dodging Beru's strike effortlessly as I swung up and struck his chin, or what would've been, with my Blue encased fist, sending him flying back from the overwhelming power within my fist.

I grinned and clapped my hands as I swapped places with Iron as he was struck by the lightning discharged from Igris's sword. Since Iron was running right next to Igris, I was able to capitalize on it and slam my foot into Igris, who was able to block it with his sword with some difficulty.

I narrowly dodged the Fire Dragon's Blast from Tusk and swiftly caught Beru's clawed hand by the wrist before kicking him in the knee, forcing him lower before he shot his tongue out at me, forcing me to narrowly dodge the attack. I weaved my body out of the way and struck a hard right hook right into his side before using both Ruler's Authority and Blue to add to the strike and blasting him away.

I backflipped and watched as Tank charged underneath me before I dropped a deadly axe kick that left it flattened into a mulchy shadow. I dashed to the left as Giant No. 7 slammed his fist right where I had been.

I narrowed my eyes as I shot my finger forward, "Reverse Cursed Technique: Red!" I shot the red beam of pure repulsive force into the face of Giant No. 7, destroying his head in the process.

I swerved out of the way of a bolt of lightning mere inches away from my face as I glanced over at Igris, who was now charging towards. I grinned as I fell, clutching my mouth. I lowered it as markings appeared on my face, "Don't move." I declared and Igris immediately stopped moving, stuck in place. I held up my elbow as I blocked the axe swung at me from Iron.

I spun around and delivered a reverse roundhouse kick, only for it to be blocked by that absurdly large shield of his. My eyes glowed and I leaped right off the shield, bounced off of the ground on my hands, and flipped right over the shield before grabbing Iron by the face and slamming the back of his head into the ground, creating a massive crater as Iron's head was destroyed.

I leaped back to avoid Giant No. 10's palm slam on the ground and charged forward, grabbed it, and flipped right over my shoulder right into the oncoming attack of Tusk, where it accidentally destroyed Giant No. 10. I smirked as I saw Igris slam his sword down and I caught it, creating a thin layer with my Infinity. I grinned as blood rose in the air all around Igris before exploding all at once, blasting Igris away. "Blood Manipulation: Supernova."

I watched as Igris flew back quite a bit from the attack. I put in a decent bit of cursed energy into that as well. Good thing it paid off. But I still have others to worry about.

I held out my right hand as it shaped and morphed into a massive wall of bladed chains and hurled them at Igris, only for it to slice through three giants instead. Hm... the one that needs the most work is definitely Idle Transfiguration. All these years I've only been using it as something to heal myself and others due to just how effective it is as such, working better than RCT. But... My lack of actually using this ability for anything else means I'm sorely lacking when it comes to the versatility it provides. Let's continue this fight with just using Idle Transfiguration then. I thought before flipping midair and dodging another sword swipe.

I narrowed my eyes as my shirt fluttered in the wind and the sky started getting darker, with rain pouring down in droves. Lightning arced underneath me in slow motion with enough power to easily crush buildings with ease and the subtle hum of the sword's power inches underneath me.

My Six Eyes captured everything perfectly as a small grin grew onto my face. I landed back on my feet and this time I shot out literal finger bullets at Igris, blasting him in the face with parts of my hand as they regrow back just as fast as they were fired off.

Igris slashed through it all and charged towards me, just as Beru came around the corner as well. I grinned as I grabbed both of their wrists as my body morphed as spikes impaled themselves into both Beru and Igris, dispelling Igris but not Beru.

Tusk blasted me away with a wall of flames. I raised my arms and formed them into a shield. My eyes narrowed.

Idle Transfiguration. Such a bizarre and confusing concept. The soul... that's much more complicated to me than something like RCT, Limitless, Shadow Monarch, or even Ten Shadows and Rika have shown. I have something to base off of and work with. Now I do have a basic understanding of souls (It would be pretty hard not to when you're in Japan, they believe everything has a soul and they talk about them quite often) but I don't truly understand it as, say, Mahito himself would. Or Yuji, Yuki, Kenjaku, etc. etc.

Point is, none of my abilities, besides maybe Rika, even touch the concept of souls, unlike Idle Transfiguration. Itadori Yuji would have a really easy time understanding because he housed Sukuna, it's literally one of his few abilities he possesses, and he's become an expert on it. Tsukumo Yuki dedicated her entire life to studying souls and how they work to get rid of cursed spirits. Kenjaku is the mastermind behind everything and has toyed with the soul for a lengthy period of time. Choso, a deathwomb painting, is literally half spirit and half human, and he understands it quite well. Mahito, being a cursed spirit that is the literal reflection of the hatred of humanity for each other as well as someone possessing an ability that literally revolves entirely around the soul, also has a profound understanding of his own soul and others' souls.

That's no excuse, though. I still need to find a way to master and perfect this ability. While I might have focused on other abilities like my Six Eyes, Limitless, Rika, and Ten Shadows Technique, it doesn't mean that my other abilities like Blood Manipulation and Idle Transfiguration aren't also extremely useful as well.

I blinked in alarm as I jumped to the side to avoid a claw from Beru that then backhanded me away. I flipped end over end of my body, soaring into the sky before I readjusted myself and changed my body to form massive fleshy wings similar to a certain red-haired swordswoman with a mechanical arm. I dove down towards the ground and smacked Tusk down, weaving in and out of his attacks.

My wings quickly changed as my arms morphed into long, serrated and pointy blades that I then plunged right into Tusk's face, flipped over just as swiftly, and then lassoed over to Giant No. 13.

I was cut off by Beru coming in and delivering a mean right hook I genuinely hadn't anticipated.

Blood shot forth from my mouth as I grinned. I spun midair as parts of my body morphed into daggers and knives, shooting out of my body at the speed of lightning. My wound was immediately healed with RCT.

Beru screeched at the top of his lungs, forcing the blades to get blasted away from him. I brought my arms to block the onslaught as Beru charged forward and delivered a punch that blasted me back to the ground, knocking the wind out of me.

I growled as I stood up, "That's right. Show me what you got, runner up." I taunted, as the headache I was beginning to feel faded away. My eyes dilated as, for a brief moment, it felt like the entire universe revolved around me. My cursed energy swelled and boiled within me as I could perfectly feel, react, and touch this form of energy rolling around me. My eyes dilated as I dashed forward with a euphoric smile on my face. Each and every step just felt so... right.

I balled my hand into a fist and delivered a devastatingly powerful right hook with a decent bit of cursed energy within it. "Black Flash!" I roared subconsciously as my fist collided against Beru's hardened body that was immediately blown out from the waist up. My eyes widened as my Six Eyes literally glowed as I held up my hand and placed it on my face, "Idle Transfiguration..." My body morphed and changed as my physical capabilities drastically skyrocketed out of proportion. My body grew massively from my previous height of 4'9" to 6'1" with an armored form and one much more powerful, "Instant Spirit Body of Absolute Spirituality." I stated before glancing up at the rest of my shadows. I dashed forward and instantly got whiplash from the speed. Not even the infamous Six Eyes is able to adjust to my speed... To think my understanding of the soul could've enabled so much power so quickly... I smirked as I sliced through the remaining shadows with complete ease.

I landed back on the ground and sighed as my form reverted back to normal. That feeling... I want it. No, I need it. I thought as I held out my arms from myself, reveling in the light given off by the moon up in the sky. Shit... I got other things to worry about... I looked over my shoulder and glanced over at where my house would be from here.

Hm... seems I got too absorbed in myself. "You done fangirling over there, Natsume Kafka?" I asked.

The invisibility cloak disabled itself as Beta smiled at me brightly, "To think you were able to detect me even with that on too... Truly remarkable, Adam-sama!" She said excitedly, scribbling down scrupulous notes. Of what? I honestly couldn't be bothered.

"I'm more curious as to what you're doing all the way out here, though, Natsume." I stated as I approached her, looking over her shoulder to look at what she was writing down. She quickly closed the book and hid it before pulling out a different and looking up at with a small blush. I tilted my head, She must be embarrassed with whatever is in that other book. What is it, fanfiction?

Natsume nervously responded back, "U-um... I just came out here since I sensed your presence, Adam-sama."

"I've already told you to quit calling me "Adam-sama", I am your leader, not some deity." I corrected her. In modern day Japan, the title of '-sama' is rarely used as it is usually used in deference to someone of such high level power or authority that they are no longer thought of 'humans' almost. The only figures even bestowed this nowadays are literally deities and gods, or the Emperor of Japan himself (considering that they say they hail from the gods themselves (most specifically Amaterasu the Goddess of the Sun and Queen of the Gods)). So, if you were to talk to... say the CEO of a really big company, you wouldn't use '-sama' at the end, but rather '-shachou' or '-kaichou', just depending on the situation. Her referring to me in such high esteem means that she basically views me as inhuman.

When we reach the adult age of this world, I won't be surprised if the members of The Order of Calamity decide to try to jump me in the... sexual manner. Usual those with such deference like this are absolutely willing to do anything and everything to please them however their 'leader' sees fit. It's the reason why a whole country of citizens from North Korea view him as basically a god on Earth and all excitedly run up to him. I do like the attention and absolute loyalty aspects of it, those are nothing but pluses in my eyes, but viewing me like a god won't do them well if their 'god' magically disappears or gets defeated right in front of their eyes. I thought to myself as Natsume finally spoke up,

"But you're Adam-sama, no? There is no way I can refer to as something so lowly like kun!" She declared, creating an 'X' with her arms and shaking her head vehemently.

I sighed, "Did you have anything important you needed or were you just checking in on me?" I asked with a little sarcasm at the end.

"I just wanted to see how you were, milord. And... since I finally had a break... I wanted to spend some time with you..." She said while poking her fingers together.

I blankly looked at the stupidly cliche look of the cute anime girl doing the nervous finger thing before sighing as I grabbed her hands and brought them down, "So... what did you want to do, then? I won't be getting any sleep so might as well spend some time with my adorable little Kafka-chan." I stated, rubbing her head as I walked past her.

She quickly caught up to me, her book clutched to her chest as she had a bright red face. I smiled softly at that, Childish love. One pure and filled with butterflies... At that, the darker aspect of my mind reared its ugly mug, Unlike yours. After all, you never had a single loving girlfriend or wife, did you? That's why you tossed aside her hand and went after that Korean college student. She was a perfectionist, just like you were, and neither of you knew what love was. Unlike HER. You were afraid of it, since you had never experienced it before, right old man?

My eyes narrowed as I scowled furiously. Fuck off.

"Um... Is something wrong, milord?" Natsume asked politely.

I blinked as I realized just how angry I was getting. Smolder those flames for later, I'll use it against a particularly annoying monster or person later on. "No it's just... I just have a lot on my mind." I said, placing my hand on her head and rubbing it.

I never did that in my past life. Rubbing a girl's head like this. It was a form of affection that I didn't know existed until a certain someone begged me to. (I refuse to disclose their name for they are a real... OG. Nevermind it was Elisabeth(That was cringy I'm not saying that word again.)). Since then, practically everyone in the Order of Calamity has demanded I do this whenever I can.

She smiled and leaned into the touch, as if she were some sort of cat... This isn't considered grooming, right? I'm not doing anything wrong here, just giving them headpats... that's all.

I sighed as my Six Eyes glowed in the darkness, Still... I can't deny their usefulness to my plans. At this rate, I might just be able to take over this entire continent... No, I don't even know what is out there. The Central Continent... that implies there are others out there and that this one is such a major power that the others rely on it or it is literally just the most central of the continents... Or just lame naming choice. Hm... An evil glint entered my eyes as I glanced back at Natsume, who looked back at me with a smile, I have just the right job in mind to take two birds out with one stone in that case...

A/N: Yet another chapter! Yay... I feel horrible, not gonna lie. I have a sickness that won't go away for awhile now and it's making it hard to breathe... I'm only 20 damnit! All those old people telling me how I was practically invisible were lying! I'm constantly sick, tired, sore, in pain, or all of the above! Goddamnit.

Anyways! Sorry for the wait. Chapters won't be coming out as fast anymore because of this sickness of mine and work. I also have other things needing taken care of as well... So chapters won't be getting updated as fast usual. If things get really bad, it might go down to a chapter a month... in total. That's just how badly I'm falling apart. This damn world is too corrupt to help when it needs to...

That's all I can think of. Do tell me who you want Adam to go with during his adventure after Turning Point 1. I gave ideas for the memory sequence last chapter, but I'm not too sure who I want to go. There are some that just can't like Aurora and Alpha because their roles are too integral to the Order of Calamity. But others are welcome. Also, forewarning, Adam will not end up with Sylphie. I'm debating Eris at the moment as well. 

This a 47-year-old military vet who crawled to the very top of the world just to achieve it and for simple things like escaping the fate of being manipulated. He ain't gonna be with nobody physically younger than him in this world. Also, for those curious, the Twelve Zodiacs are all around three to four years older than the protagonist. 

Ja Ne!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.7K 2.9K 46
โ ๐๐‹๐„๐€๐’๐„ ๐’๐“๐€๐˜ ๐–๐ˆ๐“๐‡ ๐Œ๐„ ๐”๐๐“๐ˆ๐‹ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐„๐๐ƒ ๐Ž๐… ๐ˆ๐๐…๐ˆ๐๐ˆ๐“๐˜. โž *เฉˆโœฉโ€งโ‚Šหš A Satoru Gojo x fem!Reader fanfic. โ‹†*๏ฝฅ๏พŸโ‹†* โ˜ฝ ๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:โ‹†*๏ฝฅ๏พŸ โ˜พ...
127 10 12
This story is about a person named Jak who is jaded by his previous life on Earth. Doing the same task every day, every year with no variation, until...
100K 2.3K 49
This is my first story so the grammar is a little bad here a little bit, but i am learning. Also the updates will be Slow. What happens when you get...
10.7K 421 64
Daniel is just a regular blue collar Maintenance Mechanic working for a manufacturing company. As he's winding down at home from a day of messy work...