Pretty Bluebell

By strawberrylemonadw

❝Blue. A pretty, bluebell blue.❞ ------ "What's your favourite colour?" A question asked one to many times by... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13

chapter 8

43 4 3
By strawberrylemonadw

i just want to say how much i hate that twitter was changed into X like bring my blue bird back it was better it was cuter!!!

anyways pretty bluebell's playlist is pinned on my twitter profile @notes3003 so go ahead and check that out <3

listen while reading bc i listen to it while writing hehe i shall not gatekeep the source of my inspiration to this no more

anyways lets go next chapter!!

· · ─────── ·♥︎· ─────── · ·
••• a visit •••

BACK home, Marinette began scrolling on her phone and the first thing she saw was Adrien's tweet.

With a sigh of pity, she liked and reposted it, knowing he was referring to that situation at school earlier.

After a bit more scrolling, she got up to begin personalising her gift for Rose. She had bought a hoodie for her, and was going to embroider a rose on it. She had already sketched out the idea days before, so all she had to do now was begin the embroidery.

The sun began to set, and she was about 10% into her work; it was a long process. It was then her attention diverted to a few notifications she had just received.

Laughing at her friends' responses, Marinette put down her phone and resumed her work for a little while longer before being called down for dinner.

"How was your shopping trip, Marinette? Find anything?" Tom asked his daughter, who was helping Sabine carry over the hot, heavy-weight casserole dish onto the dining table.

"It went well, I got exactly what I wanted for Rose. All I have to do is finishing the custom embroidery by this Monday," the girl answered, pitching in by taking a bottle of water out of the fridge.

Once the family was peacefully sat down on the table, they began to tuck in.

"Oh, by the way, I almost forgot to mention! Adrien Agresté came in earlier while you were out with Alya and Nino," Sabine exclaimed halfway through their casual conversation.

Marinette choked on her food.

After taking a sip of water to soothe her throat, she blurted, "What?"

Her mother nodded. "He ordered a pain au chocolate and an iced americano."

She mused. "He got that last time. I expected him to try something different the next time he visited, if he did. I guess not."

"He's a very sweet boy though! So polite, well-mannered. No wonder you had the biggest celebrity crush on him growing him!" Sabine continued, and this made Marinette hide her face in embarrassment.

"Mama! I thought we left that behind us," she sulked, her two parents laughing at her antics. "Just teasing, honey."

After washing the dishes, Marinette headed back up, going to take a shower. Taking out a set of pyjamas and laying them on her bed, about to head into the bathroom when her phone lights up with a notification.

Instagram
iliekchocolateee: are you gonna be at the bakery tomorrow?

Upholding her intentions of wanting to go shower, she picked up her phone and replied to him first. Immediately after sending, she proceeded.

·◛·

Adrien knew that once Gabriel headed for the aiport that evening, he would be able to enjoy a few days without needing to be so uptight.

Anytime he went on a business trip, he would always take the chance to do some things that his father wouldn't usually allow. It wasn't anything too extreme, but it was still something that gave him the thrill.

Nathalie was okay with that. She had a soft spot for the boy, and so anything he wanted to do, as long as it would be out of Gabriel's knowledge, was perfectly fine.

So when Mrs. Cheng had kindly invited him over for lunch the next day, he was thrilled. He accepted right away.

He hoped that with this, he would get to know Marinette at least a little more. He had so many questions, like what her hobbies were, if she were a cat or a dog person, all that.

marinette.dpc liked a message you sent.

A smile stretched across his face.

     Marinette didn't think much when she walked home from school that morning. All she had planned was to continue embroidering Rose's birthday present after lunch.

She began to feel odd when she noticed an unknown person entering through the back of her parents' bakery; the entrance to the flats. It wouldn't weird her out too much usually when someone new came around. It usually meant one of her neighbour's friends were visiting.

However, what made her feel off was the fact that the person was wearing a hoodie and a face mask in this hot weather. The mask wasn't that odd on its own but the hoodie?

Cautiously, she followed from behind at a distance, getting even more weirded out when he stopped at her door.

"Excuse me? Who are you, exactly?" she approached the stranger, tapping on their shoulder softly.

The person turned around with a chuckle, as he replied with a very recognisable voice, "I guess you don't know who I am? The covering up worked then."

"A...Adrien?"

Gingerly, he reached up to pull down his mask, revealing a little grin. "Hey."

Absolutely flabbergasted, Marinette took a step back. "Wha-- You... What brings you to my house?"

She reached into her school bag, searching for her keys a bit longer than needed as she still needed a while to process what was and was going to possibly happen.

As she took out her keys and inserted them into the keyhole to unlock the door, Adrien answered her question.

He hoped she didn't notice him nervously fiddling his fingers as he mustered the courage to tell her the reason for his visit. He desperately hoped she had focused too much on looking for her keys to. Which, was in fact the case.

"Well, I actually dropped by yesterday, and she kindly invited me over for lunch. I thought it would be good, since I can't get enough of the bakery's goods, so here I am."

Marinette was certainly taken aback by the forwardness of her mother. She's never invited customers over for a meal, even regulars! Was she giving him that special celebrity treatment?

Or was it because she remembered the massive celebrity crush she had on him?

Was this why she mentioned it yesterday???

Is this what he meant by he might be dropping by????

"Please, make yourself comfortable," she told him, after much effort to keep her composure. His response was a gentle nod, that seemed almost timid.

Resting her school bag by the foot of the stairs up to her bedroom, she took a deep breath to prepare herself.

"Oh, Adrien! Welcome! Sorry I couldn't greet you at the door, I presume Marinette let you in? Did you get here alright?" Sabine rushed in from the kitchen, the lingering scent of bread filling the air.

The blond boy smiled at her, calmly answering her questions. "Yes, Marinette did let me in. She arrived before I could knock on the door. And yes, I got here alright, no suspicions. Even Marinette didn't recognise me."

He chuckled at the last part, glancing at the girl who was rushing into the kitchen. Sabine laughed along, before leading him to the dining table and insisted for him to take a seat.

Once all the food had been plated and served, Marinette was about to go take a seat when she noticed that Adrien was in her usual spot. She then realised she would have to sit beside him.

"Come Marinette, your father isn't joining us today, sit next to me," her mother than invited.

It was then she realised she would be sitting across from the boy instead, and she couldn't decide if that was better or worse.

Well, it was better than nothing.

Just keep your composure, keep it cool.

"So glad you could join us, Adrien," Sabine said with a smile, serving him a slice of chicken pie. "I heard you've been working hard for your fencing tournament this Saturday."

Adrien nodded. "I've been training quite hard. My entire schedule for the rest of the week is fencing from the afternoon until sundown."

Across the table from him, both Sabine and Marinette widened their eyes in unison. He smiled, waving it off. "I'm quite used to it really, its not a big deal."

"I can't imagine how exhausting it all must be. You ever wished you could just take a break from it all?" the girl across from him asked.

Adrien briefly took the time to prevent himself from melting at the fact that her first question was about his well-being.

"Honestly? My father wouldn't like my answer, so I never say this to the press or paparazzis, but I do. All the time. It's also why I would always find time to escape the tiresome reality. Like now. It's not everyday I get to share a good meal with others. By the way, the pie is so good. May I have another slice?"

Sabine gaped at him, before nodding to shake herself out of her daze. Upon hearing his words, her eyes felt hazy and her heart ached on his behalf. How could such a sweet boy be treated in such a way?

"Why of course, please, eat as much as you want," she then told him, serving him another slice.

"And, please do stay as long as you need, Marinette could always keep you company! In fact, drop by whenever you feel like it!" the woman insisted next, turning to face her daughter. "I'm sure Marinette will have no problem with keeping you company!"

The raven-haired girl whipped her head around only to be caught in Adrien's expectant gaze.

"Oh! Yeah, yes of course! I'll try my best to help you forget about the pressure of your work life!" she ended up reassuring, hoping it was sounded sincere enough.

To answer her, it was. In fact, the kind invitation from Sabine and reassurance from Marinette meant the world to him.

Now he felt like he never wanted to leave.

· · ─────── ·♥︎· ─────── · ·

yayyy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 137 23
[I wrote this when I was young and it's terrible lmao] After one crazy week, it's official: Marinette Dupain-Cheng, shy but cute high school designer...
20 questions By -

Fanfiction

88.7K 1.9K 11
{completed} "20 questions..." Chat breathed, staring into his Lady's gorgeous eyes. She, however, looked away. She couldn't look at those hopeful gre...
34.2K 1.1K 35
Marinette's heart always yearned for Adrien Agreste, but when a rockin', blue haired boy gets closer to her, she realises things for her and Adrien m...
132K 4K 14
Let's just say things took a very different turn. Adrien Agreste or Chat Noir; Paris' famed superhero, has found himself in love with everyone's favo...