Pretty Bluebell

By strawberrylemonadw

❝Blue. A pretty, bluebell blue.❞ ------ "What's your favourite colour?" A question asked one to many times by... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13

chapter 7

46 6 5
By strawberrylemonadw

hi guys im being so extra adding so many socmed elements to this huhu

· · ─────── ·♥︎· ─────── · ·
••• classmate shenanigans •••

THAT morning, Marinette walked into class and took her seat next to Alya. "Hey girl," the brunette greeted, turning away from her finished conversation with Nino and to her.

"Hi," the raven-haired girl returned as she took out her books for their first class of the day. "How likely would it be for Chloé and/or Lila to leave you alone today?" Alya then asked.

She shrugged. "With them? No telling. We'll have to wait and see."

Marinette had that itching feeling that Lila probably had something up her sleeve. The way she had glared at her yesterday when she left the classroom with Adrien was already a warning on its own.

The two devils strutted into class, giggling to each other about who knows what. Alya and Marinette shared a brief look. If trouble wasn't looking for them, they wouldn't dare ask for it.

So far, they had gotten no engagements from either of the two, which was a good sign, but that didn't mean they were out of the woods yet.

During lunch, Marinette, Alya and Nino had just taken their seats. "Okay, wait, so, we're still on with today's plan, right guys?" the brunette girl initiated the conversation, the other two nodding in unison.

They had planned to go out together and shop for Rose's upcoming birthday, which was next week. After all, she was the sweetest girl ever, how could they not do something for her?

Lowering their voices down to a whisper, they began thinking of what to buy and if they could do anything else to make her day even more special.

"Marinette!"

A slight slam down on the table draws the trio out if their discussion, turning around to see Lila with a smile plastered on her face; that sickeningly fake one.

Once Marinette had turned around, Lila continued to speak. "I was wondering if you could stay back for a little? I want you to help me with my extra credit art class assignment!"

Slightly confused and taken aback by her request, the raven-haired girl furrows her eyebrows, before (somehow) politely declining.

"Oh, sorry Lila, but I already have plans after school. Good luck with your assignment though," she replied, hinting that she had no interest in helping her anytime soon.

Lila tittered, tipping her head in what Marinette assumed was disbelief.

"Well! Are your plans really that important? I really need your help, I know how good you are at drawing, you are literally so amazing at it! That's why I--"

"Lila, I recall you quite literally saying her drawing skills were of a five-year-old's a few days ago. I don't think you're sweet-talking her into cancelling her plans, especially not when they're with me," Alya cut her off immediately with a glare, protectively reaching out for said friend's wrist.

Instantly, the opposing party's smile faded. "Alya, I know you do love your best friend so dearly, but it wouldn't hurt to share, would it? Marinette is such a kind and helpful person, I'm sure she'd love to help, wouldn't she?"

Lila turned to look at Marinette hopefully, leaning closer. She backed off slightly, a hesitant expression on her face.

With a sigh, she replies, "Sorry Lila. I don't want to cancel my plans. We've planned in advance, the last thing I would do is bail. Try asking Nathaniel, maybe he would help."

"But it has to be you!" she then blurted, which alarmed the three at the table.

Sheepishly, Lila rubbed the back of her neck. "What I meant was, I'm just not comfortable with guys, and you're the only girl that I know that's good at art!"

Marinette, Alya and Nino all cocked an eyebrow at her. Less than twenty-four hours ago, she was with Adrien practically joint at the hip the whole day, and proudly too. There was no way they were talking to the same person if that were the case.

"So what was yesterday, then?" the three chorused.

Based off of her facial expressions, she felt attacked at their question. However, she attempted to cover it up even more instead of backing off.

"Oh! Adrien! Adrien is different, he's my boyfriend, of course I have to let everyone know he's mine!"

Marinette didn't know how that chuckle of ridicule had left her mouth so fast, and this made her two friends turn to look at her in surprise. The unwelcomed girl at their table, on the other hand, had begun fuming.

"What? Are you saying that I'm lying about my love life? Love is a sensitive thing, you know Marinette? Of course, you wouldn't get it, you've never had someone love you."

"Okay, I think you should get out of my sight before I give you a peace of my mind!" Alya had jolted up in her seat, which drew attention to their table. Nino stood up right after to hold her back.

Lila, being the overdramatic person she was, squealed at Alya's movements, flinching back.

"So what's the point of this exactly? You're praising me one second then the next you're saying that no one has loved me? Don't go on with some bipolar disorder lie next, by the way. That's too predictable. I gave you an answer, which was no, and I'm not changing it."

It had been a while since she had sucessfully said this much to Lila. She refrained from doing so, as the first time she did was far from a good experience for her, however today, her words had definitely crossed the line.

Saying nothing but scowling, Lila knocked the girl's cup of juice off the table, letting it land with a loud clamber before marching off.

Marinette stood up, taking a new napkins to wipe the spill of juice on the floor without another word. She felt content with herself, she didn't even mind cleaning the school cafeteria floor at this very moment.

Once that was done and over with and the lurking eyes had all diverted their attention, the trio cleaned up their table to head back to class.

"I'm proud of you," Alya told Marinette, swinging an arm over her shoulder. "And I hope you know what she said was the biggest lie ever. So many people love and adore you, okay? Especially me!"

The raven-haired girl chuckled, leaning into her best friend's touch. "Thanks Alya," she thanked, the two girls then glancing over to Nino, who was watching their exhange of affection silently.

Well, until Alya swung her free arm over his shoulder, slightly pulling her down as he was taller than the girls. "Get in here Nino!"

On their way back to their classroom, they passed the art room, where Lila and Chloé seemed to be having a conversation.

Curious, Alya hung back, attempting to listen in without being noticed by the two currently in a heated discussion.

"You guys head up first, I'll come back with details," she instructed her two friends.

"She's getting brave again. I could've gotten her to agree if it weren't for that egotistic best friend of hers," the brunette heard Lila sneer, which absolutely infuriated her.

"You need to get her alone then, maybe there's a higher chance," her partner in crime suggested. She mused at Chloé's idea, nodding in approval. "I can try that, and hey, I can get Adrien to come pick me up to prove he is in fact my boyfriend!"

"You mean, your publicity stunt/rumoured boyfriend?"

"Shut up! They don't know that. It's real to them."

Alya had to hold back a snicker at that.

"It's a shame though, all our careful planning gone to waste. That damn Marinette. I missed when she was easy to dictate."

Oh?

      When they were dismissed, the three classmates found that the main entrance of the school was being crowded for some reason; a reason that they knew, thanks to Alya.

For the sake of getting out of school, they approached the crowd, the indistinctive chatter getting louder as they did so.

"Adrien! Can I get a photo?"

"Adrien sign my shirt!"

"Adrien can you say hi to my sister? She's a fan!"

Once close enough, they noticed Lila clinging onto him like a sloth.

"Let's try and get out of here, before she tries to rub anything in our faces," Nino whispers to the girls, who agree immediately.

Marinette could hear Adrien's voice now. "Come on Lila, I came here to pick you up for a photoshoot, not to answer questions," he urged though his tone still able to be categorised as polite. He began tugging his hand away, wanting to head over to his car that was waiting patiently.

"Adrien wait! Sorry guys, my boyfriend's a bit cranky today," Lila giggles nervously.

At the mention of the word 'boyfriend', he pulls his hand away once more, this time visibly more aggressive.

"I'm not your--"

"Shh!! Hey hey, answer one question for them, okay? Anyone? You! You!!"

She pulls a random freshman who was waving her hand eagerly forward. Adrien resisted the need to roll his eyes and book it out there without answering, but he would definitely get an earful from his father after that.

"Hi!!! How's it like being Paris' heartthrob? And how do you feel like, knowing the moment you get a girlfriend you would probably shatter thousands of hearts?"

"I'm his girlfriend!!!" Lila had the nerve to butt in as soon as she finished the question.

"Lila is not my girlfriend!!" Adrien retorted just as swift. "And to answer your question, I'm not sure honestly. It's--"

"We're going now, bye bye everyone ignore what he said he's too shy to admit we're in a relationship!"

Lila had dragged him out of there furiously. She even slammed the car door shut to show it.

"Well who's the egoistic one now?" Alya muttered loud enough for only Nino and Marinette to hear. They chuckled, the raven-haired girl shaking her head.

     The trio had now sucessfully obtains their gifts for their classmate, and were settled down in a small restaurant tucked in a corner lot.

Nino and Alya had purposely made Marinette the center of their attention for the day, as they wanted to make sure Lila's idiotic words had been erased from her memory, and their objective had certainly been reached. Their friend was a perfect ball of sunshine the entire time, the one they knew and adored.

"Mari! Take a picture with me!"

While they waited for their food, their indistinctive chatter started up again. Marinette took a moment to post the photo with Alya on her Instagram.

Seconds, after, she received a notification that made her jump.

iliekchocolateee liked your photo.

Someone's fast.

· · ─────── ·♥︎· ─────── · ·

yay new chapter so fast wow idk i had lots of motivation

BUT BRO TRYING TO FIND A PIC OF SPECIFICALLY BOB CHAEWON AND BRUNETTE YUNJIN WITH GLASSES WAS SO HARDHDHDH

idk if its just my pinterest but hey!!!! i got it!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.1K 1.2K 8
Ladybug was awfully distracted one night while patrolling, and she accidentally accepts a date with the flirtatious Chat Noir.
234K 6.8K 24
An opportunity to spend time together brings Adrien and Marinette closer. While Nathalie hopes this new relationship will be good for Adrien, she is...
205K 4.2K 17
COMPLETED When Gabriel Agreste holds a design competition to find a summer intern who will spend every single day at the Agreste Manor or at Adrien's...
91.6K 2.7K 19
Adrien never found fault in his lifestyle. Sure, never glamorous or exciting, but he was fine with his mellow ways. All until a girl with midnight ha...