Golden Age by black_blade

By baby4fangirl

Summary: After two hundred and forty years, Harry Potter thought that he'd seen it all, until he is transport... More

Chapter 1: Chapter One
Chapter 2: Chapter Two
Chapter 3: Chapter Three
Chapter 4: Chapter Four
Chapter 5: Chapter Five
Chapter 6: Chapter Six
Chapter 7: Chapter Seven
Chapter 8: Chapter Eight
Chapter 9: Chapter Nine
Chapter 10: Chapter Ten
Chapter 11: Chapter Eleven
Chapter 12: Chapter Twelve
Chapter 13: Chapter Thirteen
Chapter 14: Chapter Fourteen
Chapter 15: Chapter Fifteen
Chapter 16: Chapter Sixteen
Chapter 17: Chapter Seventeen
Chapter 18: Chapter Eighteen
Chapter 19: Chapter Nineteen
Chapter 20: Chapter Twenty
Chapter 21: Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter 22: Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter 23: Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter 24: Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter 25: Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter 26: Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter 27: Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter 28: Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter 29: Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter 30: Chapter Thirty
Chapter 32: Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter 33: Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter 34: Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter 35: Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter 36: Epilogue
Chapter 37: Fix up

Chapter 31: Chapter Thirty-one

818 48 1
By baby4fangirl

A/N: Right, so, I've hit a bit of a wall with this story. I have the last couple of chapters written but there's a gap between this and those. The outline is there but I'm still working through the details so the rest of the story may be slow in coming out or inspiration may hit and you'll be rewarded quickly. Time will tell but in the mean time I have been working on a few other stories. One of those is World of the Unfallen which the first few chapters are up on my profile. ;-) Enjoy.
___________________________________

xXx

Harry could feel eyes on him the moment that he entered the large ball room. There was a scattering of uniformed Aurors and other security around the room. However, anyone wanting to attack anyone one here would be mad with almost the whole Auror department in attendance. He'd been to many of these events over the years and it still surprised him the amount of money that the Ministry could dish out. They were in a middle of a war and still gatherings like these happened. He knew that it was to encourage and award Aurors and other people within the magical community before school ended. Intended as a boost of moral before the new generation entered the ranks but Harry just thought that it was a waste of time and money.

"Decided to come."

Harry turned to Dean Albert as the man gave him a glance over. The thin man looked awkward in his dress robes and Harry gave him a smirk.

"I was invited," Harry remarked. "In fact, you were the one to threaten me into coming."

"And I'm still surprised to see you," Albert laughed and Harry could pick up the changes in the man. "Even more so to see you in robes. They suit you."

"Hmm," Harry hummed and glanced around, taking in everything around him.

"Greengrass approached me about an award to you," Albert remarked and Harry focused back on him. "I talked him out of it."

"A wise decision," Harry agreed.

"Not that people won't take note of you."

"No doubt."

"Hard not to with your dress and presence."

"What do you want, Minister Albert?" Harry questioned as he looked at the man before him.

"I want that thing taken out of the Department," Albert stated and Harry nodded.

"I'll pick it up before I leave tonight," Harry agreed. "Alexander was interested in it-"

"He's had time to look at it."

"Very well."

Albert nodded and drifted off as Harry mingled with the crowd. He spoke to a few people as he caught up on the gossip of the Ministry. The purebloods were making a show of it and Harry spotted a few familiar faces, including Bellatrix Black. The woman stood out in an elegant dress of deep red. Her pitch back hair and pale skin drew the eyes of the men around her. At the age of twenty seven she was teasing her way to picking a husband. Harry then noticed a blonde woman loop her arm through Bellatrix's.

Harry started as he realised that he was looking at Andromeda before she marriage a muggle. The two sisters made a striking sight, one light and the other dark. Narcissa seemed to sit between her sisters and Harry wondered not for the first time what had drawn a powerful pureblood to marriage a muggle and turn her back on her whole family. He'd known Andromeda well as she'd raised Teddy Lupin and to connect her to the carefree young woman with Bellatrix wasn't slotting into his mind.

"You're staring."

Harry turned to Lucius Malfoy as the blonde stood beside him.

"They make a striking team," Harry remarked.

"They do," Lucius agreed. "Even if Andromeda lowered herself to marry a muggle."

Harry started at that and glanced at Lucius.

"You didn't know?" Lucius questioned with a sneer. "The child is about five."

"I'm surprised that she's still close with Bellatrix," Harry observed.

"It's an interesting relationship," Lucius consented as he glanced around.

"How are the wedding plans going?" Harry asked to keep the conversation going and the front as they stood close together.

"Very well," Lucius answered with a light in his eyes. "Narcissa has been taking care of most of the details. Is that what you really want to talk about?"

"Sure," Harry said and gave the blonde a smile. "We're all friends here."

"At least you look the part at the moment."

"Severus may have said something along the lines of a 'black headed Malfoy'."

Lucius snorted at that with an amused light in his eyes. Harry was reminded of Draco in that moment and he felt a prang of lost at the thought. He knew what the Malfoy family was capable of and the lengths they would go to for family.

"What can you offer?" Lucius questioned and rubbed his left arm.

"Many things," Harry replied and glanced around, he took note of the people that were paying them attention.

Lucius eyes locked with him and held his for a long minute. Harry just stared back, neither giving or taking and Lucius nodded slowly. He gave him a nod before he turned away and melted into the crowd.

"Mr Swift?"

Harry turned to see Frank Longbottom looking at him with Alice next to him. They looked so young standing there and yet Harry knew of their talents and their fate in his time. He hoped that wasn't in their future this time.

"Frank Longbottom," Frank introduced himself as he held his hand out. "This is my wife, Alice. We didn't have much time for introductions last time."

"You could say that," Harry agreed with a smile. "Nice to meet you both. Congratulations on your promotions."

"I have a feeling that we have you to thank for that," Frank remarked with a calculating look in his eyes.

"I work for the Department of Mysteries and not the Aurors," Harry retorted with a laugh. "Your promotion was on your skill and not me."

"Thank you anyway," Alice remarked, not believing him. "Kingsley looked embarrassed by the attention."

"Which was worth dressing up for," Frank laughed. "Let me introduce you to a few other Aurors."

Harry let himself be drawn away as he took everything in.

xXx

The corridors of the Ministry were quiet around him while Harry made his way down to the Department of Mysteries. The alcohol that he's consumed burned in his stomach and he could still hear the music in his ears. The awards had gone off without a hitch and Harry had clapped along as Kingsley and his team had moved through the ranks. His conversation with Lucius and others ran through his head as he picked them apart. He would rate the night as a success as he stepped into the circular room and watched the doors spin.

"Department of Mysteries, Alexander Potter's office." Harry ordered.

He opened the right door once they stopped spinning and stepped into Alexander's potion lab. He looked over the long tables before spying the Horcrux sitting in the golden bowl. He picked up the ebony ball, the magic of the wards on the bowl running over his hand. Anyone beside Harry or Alexander would have been screaming on the ground from the wards. Harry slipped the ball away in his pocket and left Alexander a note on the table.

He glanced at the potions set up in interest before walking over to the door and back into the circular room. He stood there for a long minute.

"Harry Potter's office," Harry called and the doors spun.

When they settled Harry opened the door and stepped into a tasteful office. Most of the space was taken up with shelves and Harry slipped one book out. He shrunk it down and slipped it away in his pocket with the glass ball. He then headed out of the Ministry and back to the school. It was past midnight when he opened his door and softly closed it behind him. He shrugged out his robes and threw them over the lounge. He paused long enough to toe out of his shoes before he headed towards his bedroom.

He quietly opened the door to find Severus sprawled out over his bed and he smiled at the sight. He undressed with care before sitting on the side of the bed. He looked down at Severus's sleeping face and gently tucked a loose strand of dark hair behind the other man's ear. A smile stole across his face as his heart beat a little quicker. He pulled the blankets back and slipped into the bed. He curled along Severus's side and the teen shifted in his sleep. Harry closed his eyes and was asleep quickly.

xXx

Albus knocked on Harry's door and waited for the man to answer. He didn't have to wait long before Harry pulled the door open with a smile.

"Come on in," Harry offered as he stood to the side. "I just made up some tea."

Albus stepped in and glanced around the large room. It always interested him which classroom and rooms that his teachers chose when they arrived. So much of the castle was unused and these rooms and Harry's classroom had been one of many. He hadn't taken the old Defence classroom which Albus had found odd at the time but now he chalked it up to knowing what was to come. Albus knew that these sets of rooms were linked to many others. In fact, through Harry's classroom was a way into Hogsmeade and Albus wondered if the man was aware of it.

"How do you take your tea?" Harry called from the small kitchen.

"White with four sugars," Albus replied as he stepped over to the man's table and looked over its surface. "This is dark magic."

"I'm looking into ways to break a Horcrux," Harry replied, mildly.

Albus looked up sharply and expected the man to be joking but he wasn't.

"That is very dark magic," Albus said, carefully. "I would hope that you don't have such an item here in the school."

"Albert wouldn't let me keep it at the Ministry," Harry replied. "I'll be sure to remove it soon."

Harry walked over with a pot of tea and two cups and placed them down on the coffee table before the fire. They settled into separate armchairs while Harry made up the tea and passed him a cup. Albus took in the dark hair on Harry's face and the slight curl to his hair and could see the Potter line.

"You are Harry Potter," Albus stated, setting the tone of the meeting.

"Yes," Harry agreed.

"A time traveller."

"Yes."

"And you are changing time?"

"Yes."

Albus sipped on his tea as Harry looked at him steadily. He hadn't been expecting the honestly but the fact that Aberforth had known the truth may have tipped the scales.

"I'm assuming that Aberforth spoke to you," Harry sighed and leaned back in his chair.

"Yes," Albus agreed. "He acquired a sample of your blood."

"Yes, I thought as much. I get the feeling that Aberforth believes that I could be the next Dark Lord."

"He always was the more pessimistic of the family," Albus remarked with a twinkle in his eyes.

"What do you think?"

Albus stroked his beard as he leaned back in his chair. Harry just looked at him evenly.

"That you care," Albus stated.

"Hmm," Harry muttered and looked at the fire.

"And you care for Severus Snape," Albus continued and Harry's eyes came back to him. "You have saved that boy and many others."

"Have you been looking into my file?"

Albus gave the man a smile and just sipped on his tea. He thought that this conversation would be uncomfortable but it wasn't. Yes, Harry was powerful and had a darkness to him and yet could be the key to the downfall to the Dark Lord. Even Aberforth had agreed to that.

"Where do we go from here?" Harry asked, breaking the silence.

"I believe that I wish to keep my Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher," Albus replied cheerfully.

Harry nodded and they fell into silence once more. Just two old men plagued with their own thoughts. They both knew that this wasn't the end or the beginning but at least some things were now out there between them. Harry reached out and refilled their cups and the two turned to other subjects and yet Albus couldn't help but wonder where life would go from here. It was a strange feeling for a man that was used to controlling the world around him. But he wasn't alone in this war.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

691K 22.3K 53
I had this idea written in my notes app for awhile and finally decided to write it This book is completed!!! I love everyone that was reading this bo...
149K 5.7K 18
There was a rumor of a mysterious man that roamed the hall of hogwarts. He was too old to be a student and yet too young to be a teacher. He wore mug...
51K 1.6K 26
|| REWRITING || Clara Potter has always been much more serious than her mischievous younger brother and his unruly band of friends. For much of their...
229K 10.4K 121
Regulus Black, the youngest of the two Black brothers, raised to believe in blood-supremacy and follow their parents without question. When Sirius Bl...