The Unknown

By heartlessbrock

Third book to Chaos series. Enjoy. More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
145
146
147
148
149
150
151
152
153
154
155
156
157
158
159
160
161
162
163
165
166
167
168
169
170
171
172
173
174

164

797 32 11
By heartlessbrock

"Stay here." Colby said quietly then kissed my forehead before he went to go check the house. "Sissy?" Juniper whimpered as I frowned, keeping my eyes on the door as I kept my gun drawn.

"It's okay, love. You're okay." I said, trying to calm her down. "There's blood." She said with a shaky tone. "I know, sweetheart. Colby's gonna get it all cleaned up, just hold on a little longer." I said and looked at my wrist.

It was already starting to bruise and I could hardly move my fingers at all. I just had so much adrenaline that I didn't care.

After a couple minutes, Colby came back into the room. "Coast is clear." He said as I nodded. "Get these bodies out of here. I don't want the kids to see them." I said quietly as Maisie cried.

I felt my heart breaking, hearing her scream but I didn't want her innocent eyes to be tarnished at such a young age. Obviously she wouldn't remember it, but I would.

"Colby." Juniper cried out as Colby sighed, taking my hand for a second and squeezing it. "Yes, love?" He asked as Jenna quietly hummed to attempt to calm down Maisie.

"I'm scared." She said as Colby closed his eyes. "I know, love. Sissy and I won't let anything happen to you." He said then opened his eyes and looked at me.

"I'm gonna get this cleaned up then we will talk about the next steps." He said as I nodded.

I watched as he began to drag the bodies out of the room, leaving a trail of blood going through my baby sister's room.

I could feel myself starting to break down slightly but I knew I had to push it down and be brave for my siblings and my daughter.

Once the bodies were taken out of the room Colby went to open the closet where the kids were sitting.

My heart jolted, seeing that they all had blood on them since the guy hit the closet on the way down.

"Best friend." Juniper whimpered as she stood up and ran to Colby. I frowned and went to take Maisie from Jenna.

"Are you guys okay?" I asked quietly as Jenna laid Maisie on my good arm since my wrist was still so limp.

"Who was that?" Sam asked as I shook my head. "No idea." I said as Colby quietly comforted Juniper. "Is she okay?" Colby asked with concern as I nodded and looked down at Maisie.

My chest burned as I looked at my daughter who had blood splattered on her face.

I was a horrible mother.

"What are we gonna do?" Jenna asked as I looked up.

"We're gonna get you guys cleaned up then we need to get out of here." Colby said and looked up at me.

"Get Juniper and I'll get Maisie." I said then looked at Jenna, Carter, and Sam. "Can you guys get cleaned up and try to pack a bag?" I asked, my voice starting to quiver.

I was embarrassed and emotionally pained, knowing I was the reason for this new trauma in their lives.

"It's okay, Jule." Carter said as Jenna hugged me. "Just hurry." I said quietly before pulling away and leaving the room with Maisie in my arms.

My wrist was in so much pain but I didn't care. I just needed to hurry and get Maisie and the kids to safety.

I had done enough damage.

As I gave Maisie a quick bath I felt myself breaking down. It was gut wrenching seeing my two week old daughter with blood splattered on her face.

Her innocent features were being plagued by violence.

My heart was shattered at the sight.

I quickly gave her a bath then cleaned myself up as best I could before bringing Maisie to the nursery so I could pack everything up for her.

"Jules." Colby said, causing me to turn towards him. He was stood in the doorway with Juniper still propped on his hip.

"Are you guys ready? Where are the other kids?" I asked with a serious tone. "Our stuff is in the car, Jenna is finishing up with her shower. How are things going in here?" He asked and took a couple steps towards me.

"I'm trying to grab everything. I hate the idea of her never getting to use this nursery." I said, my voice going thick.

"Hey, let's not think about that right now." He said gently and came over to me as Maisie fussed and looked at Colby.

"Hi, my love." He said gently then leaned down and kissed Maisie's head. "Go ahead and get yourself and the boys situated in the car. I'll finish packing and get Jenna and Juniper out there." Colby explained as I nodded.

"I gotta feed her." I said and looked down at Maisie. "Don't forget the bottles and we have to bring the bassinet and all of the-" I started but was interrupted.

"I got it, sweetheart. Juniper is gonna help me." He said then kissed Juniper's head. "Right, kid?" He asked as Juniper nodded slightly.

It crushed my heart, seeing my little sister who is usually so bubbly, be so sad and scared.

"Okay, please just hurry." I whispered then left with Maisie.

When I got downstairs, I went up to the boys. "We're gonna get in the car. You got everything you might need or want?" I asked and led the way outside.

"Yeah, Jule. We got everything. Do you know where we're going?" Carter asked as I shook my head.

"No idea." I said as we made our way to the car. I was grateful we had parked in the garage, because I was still on edge about knowing everyone knew where we were.

I was an idiot for thinking they wouldn't try to overthrow me before I could even fully commit to the position.

This industry hated women.

Once the boys were situated in the car, I sat in the passengers seat so I could feed Maisie.

I could still tell she was on edge with how fussy she was being but as soon as I started feeding her she calmed down.

I hated seeing her upset and I hated nothing more than putting her in danger.

By the time I was done feeding Maisie, Colby was coming out of the house with our bags, Juniper, and Jenna.

"Do you need help?" I asked as Colby got Juniper situated in her car seat. "No,I've got it. Did she eat?" Colby asked as Jenna got in the car.

"Mhmm...she's finishing up." I said and stood up so I could try and burp her. My wrist was in so much pain but I was trying my hardest to make it happen.

"Here, let me help you." Colby said as he walked up to me so he could take Maisie. "Is your wrist okay?" He asked as I nodded.

"It'll be fine." I said as he started burping and rocking Maisie.

I could tell he was worried but before he could say anything I was getting in the car.

"I'm so sorry guys." I said quietly then looked back at the kids. "It's okay, Jule. You didn't do it on purpose." Sam said as my eyes watered.

"Yeah, you protected us." Carter chimed in as I reached my hand towards Juniper. "Bug?" I asked quietly, causing her to look up.

"I promise we won't let anything happen." I said as she sniffled and nodded. "I forgot my bear." She mumbled as I sighed and nodded. "I'll go get it." I said then went to get out of the car.

"Where are you going?" Colby asked as he strapped Maisie into her car seat. "Juniper forgot her bear." I said then went back into the house.

It was eerily quiet and there was a trail of blood going through the house. I didn't really know where Colby took the bodies, but I didn't want to ask.

I trusted him enough to know he disposed of them properly.

When I got up to Juniper's room I started looking for her bear, only to see it laying beside her bed with blood on it.

The sight of it alone caused me to break down once again. It was cruel and unfair that my little brothers and sisters had to deal with the trauma of violence because of what Colby and I got into.

I usually tried to push the feeling of regret aside because I knew I loved Colby.

I loved him so much and although our relationship started the way it did, I would be involved in the violence a hundred times over if it meant I could be with him.

It was when the kids got involved that I began to regret everything.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

611K 13.8K 181
The third book to the Lucky series. Hope you enjoy!
1.2M 20.5K 136
The world can be a dangerous place with dangerous people. Julia White would soon learn to not trust people so much. It's a gang/crime book idk. Just...
2.5K 22 20
i'm really bad at descriptions. there is no plot to this story, just purely fluff/entertainment. my writing evolves over the time ive been writing th...
23.2K 505 10
Sam's a vampire, Jake and Colby know, what'll happen between the three? - warning sexual content- NOT EDITED BUT ILL GET AROUND TO IT SOMEDAY SRY