A Splash of ink

By philippaki

Every child requires care and affection in order to thrive. So what happens when one is born alone and spends... More

Chapter 1- Well..this is different (Birth Multiverse)
Chapter 2- Something new! (Birth Multiverse)
Chapter 3- Children should not be left alone (Birth Multiverse)
Chapter 4- 'New' doesn't always mean good (New Multiverse)
Chapter 5- Things are great!/ ̶t̶e̶r̶r̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ (New Multiverse)
Chapter 6- Small but mighty (New Multiverse)
Chapter 7- The truth isn't always kind (New Multiverse)
Chapter 8- A new type of tree! (SwapDream)
Chapter 9- Oh! What does this do? (SwapDream)
Chapter 10- So many new experiences (SwapDream)
Chapter 11- Insanity isn't always fun and games (SwapDream)
Chapter 12- The many misunderstandings (UnderVerse)
Chapter 13- The chaotic conclusion (UnderVerse)
Chapter 14- Big me! (Adult Paperjam Multiverse)
Chapter 15- New name..? How exciting!(Adult Paperjam Multiverse)
Chapter 16- New friends. Step 1:✨Kidnap✨(Shattered S̸t̶a̸R̴s̷ Multiverse)
Chapter 17- A new type of game! (Shattered S̸t̶a̸R̴s̷ Multiverse)
Chapter 18- Following the breadcrumbs (Shattered S̸t̶a̸R̴s̷ Multiverse)
Chapter 19- Best friend! (Shattered S̸t̶a̸R̴s̷ Multiverse)
Chapter 20- What did they say now..?! 🖌️(Shattered S̸t̶a̸R̴s̷ Multiverse)
Chapter 21- I dont trust it...🦴 (Shattered S̸t̶a̸R̴s̷ Multiverse)
Chapter 22- Family bonding!💫 (Shattered S̸t̶a̸R̴s̷ Multiverse)
Chapter 23- Family reunited and new bonds (Shattered S̸t̶a̸R̴s̷ Multiverse)
Chapter 25- Found and lost(PlantVerse)
Chapter 26- Old wounds and new discoveries 🌱 (PlantVerse)
Chapter 27- Playing with plants and more confusion.. (PlantVerse)
Chapter 28- An apple a day keeps the chaos away..?🍏 (PlantVerse)
Chapter 29- The twins not so very peaceful day (PlantVerse)
Chapter 30- A 'happy' mistake..? (PlantVerse)
Chapter 31- Be careful what you say..(PlantVerse)
Chapter 32- Make a wish upon a shooting star..? 💫(ForcedGods Multiverse)
Chapter 33- A butterfly flap to a full blown hurricane 🦋 (ForcedGods Multiverse)
Chapter 34- Conspiracy theory confirmed & parenthood?! ⭐️(ForcedGods Multiverse)
Chapter 35- Please stop destroying everything...(ForcedGods Multiverse)
Chapter 36- The misunderstandings never stop.. (ForcedGods Multiverse)
Chapter 37- 'Child'? How about 'creature from the depths'(ForcedGods Multiverse)
Chapter 38-The true horror was the one inside us✨(ForcedGods Multiverse)
Chapter 39- Maybe that wasn't the best idea...(Shattered? Multiverse)
Chapter 40- Plan? What plan?(Shattered? Multiverse)
Chapter 41- Normal? Far from it!(Shattered? Multiverse)
Chapter 42-Crazy?Im only talking to the voices in my head(Shattered? Multiverse)
Chapter 43- What did you idiots do now?! (Shattered? Multiverse)

Chapter 24- Fragmented but still whole..? (Shattered S̸t̶a̸R̴s̷ Multiverse)

398 43 4
By philippaki

An important question is asked and Star just being Star.

——-

Shattered S̸t̶a̸R̴s̷ Multiverse

Shattered was unsure why he was still here.

He had thought that now that Star was here, he could just go but that sadly did not seem to be the case. The clearly insane monsters had cooed over the just as insane babybones, End having given him a rather frightening smile if it could be even called that ' asking' him to stay here for a bit longer.

He wasn't an idiot so took the 'request' easily, just sitting close to Ink and Blue as they all watched the odd family reunite.

"We should have never left the Doodle Sphere"

Ink said with an odd conviction, the past few days having made him 'feel' strange and he didn't want a repeat anytime soon.

End was feeling content with his family close by, more than happy to bask in their presence but the dark feeling in the back of his mind wouldn't go away.

What Paperjam had told him had made him rather uneasy, watching the babybones happily chatter to Paperjam and knowing he was going to have to ask the source.

They couldn't leave things like this, especially with how delicate the entire situation could become he wished Star would let him read their Code but knew that was a futile hope .

Paperjam had refused to let Star go, thankful the babybones did not fight him off.

He had been accused of many things but he wasn't an idiot, not blind to the frankly insane strength Star had. If they truly wanted to they could easily leave his grip in a second, unconsciously squeezing them tighter as his SOUL raced at the thought.

The rumbling from his back helped to soothe him, nearly forgetting about Stars new 'friend'. He still wasn't convinced it was a Broomy, his 'parents' own weapon never having taken a shape like this before and this one felt very odd to his senses.

...It also felt weirdly safe to be near, the error symbols feeling oddly nice against his own magic.

He had tried holding Inks Broomy once and mentally promised to never do it again, the sheer Creation magic nearly burning him to a crisp.

"Star. We want to ask you something but we won't be upset if you don't want to talk about it"

He was shaken from his memories when Origin spoke, wincing when he realised what this was about. He hoped Star wouldn't be angry at him for telling their secret but he didn't regret it, still deeply worried about them.

Star looked at Creator blankly, unsure why they were making such a weird face. Now that he looked closer everyone seemed to be doing the same, looking up at Brom in confusion.

He might have not known them for long but they knew so much, giggling when they licked his face again. He playfully pushed their snout away, confused when Goopy Positivity let out a whimper.

Were they ill..?

HĬ̵͇̎ṣ̵̼̙͋͐̊S̸̱̭͆̏

He slowly nodded, thinking Brom was right and it was best to just ignore them, looking back at Creator in curiosity.

"Are we doing lessons now? Are you finally going to teach me more about Creating? I have pictures of my latest creation but i don't think i quite did the-"

" It's not about that. We want to talk about... "

He was only growing more confused at the silence, the weird look the adults exchanged not helping at all.

"You SOUL , Star"

He frowned as brothers hands shook after they spoke, very puzzled when wetness dripped onto his head soon after. He wiggled out of their grasp and looked up at them as they made odd sounds.

Before he could even ask what was wrong, Destroyer had somehow picked brother up, making him unbalanced and fall back into Broms fluffy fur.

" Is it true, Star? "

He huffed as he pushed himself up, only able to stand up for a brief moment before Brom grabbed the back of his shirt and forced him to lay on them again. He was fine with that, as he did quite enjoy touching their soft fur.

"Is what true, Destroyer?"

He said absentmindedly as he got comfier.

The tension in the air was almost suffocating but the babybones was ever oblivious, instead happily trying to catch the numbers floating in the air, the AU shuddering whenever he was successful.

End was going to have to up the lessons soon, carefully correcting the accidental damage Star was causing with their 'game' and letting his mate do the majority of the talking.

"Did you ever try and crush your SOUL?"

Origin said near emotionlessly, his fingers hovering over his paints but not taking any yet. He knew he would break down if he did, needing to be logical right now and hoping they would say no .

"Oh that. Nope i didn't try, i did it! It just didn't keep. It was very weird feeling"

Star pouted childishly, acting like he was talking about his favourite toy being lost then anything life changing. He burst into giggles when Brom curled around him tighter and nuzzled him, confused but rather liking the sudden attention.

Origin felt his magic still, the clearing now deadly silent apart from the babybones childish laughter, his hand clenching around the red and blue paint vials.

" Why? Why would you do that?!"

He didn't realise the question came from him until he felt his mates' warmth by his side, leaning heavily into them but his pure white eyelights fully focused on the babybones.

Star gave an odd smile at that, his sockets dim as he stared at Creator with a far too knowing look and an ancient gaze.

"I was tired of being alone, Origin . The years just seemed to drag on and on and I just wanted it to end. Surely you can understand that?"

His single eyeshape began switching rapidly, humming a tune to himself as gazed into the distance. The wetness dripping from his sockets was ignored, knowing it sometimes happened when he thought of that day.

"Star-"

"My SOUL is still pretty though. Like lots of mini stars! I really suit my name. It's almost like you knew !"

He giggled louder, the madness leaking out of his tone as his tears grew heavier he was unsure how to make it stop or if it ever would .

He didn't notice when he began to sing a nursery rhyme, the surrounding monsters shivering while Broms magic darkened in despair.

" ♫Twinkle twinkle little star

How i wonder what you are

Up above the world so high

Like a diamond in the sky

Twinkle twinkle little star

How i wonder what you are♫"

He was in his own little world, his SOUL pulsing with his words fragmented but never gone.

~~~~

Shattered: *Trying to sneakily get away*

End: *Glaring darkly* Don't you dare move!

Shattered: *Wanting to cry* What could you even want from me now?!

Origin and End: *Having a great time just messing with them*
-
Star: *Casually trauma dumping*

End and Origin: *Looking on horrified*

Paperjam: *Crying even harder*

Shattered Stars: *Wondering why they are even present for this*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.5K 2.5K 23
⪼A life where our beloved [Reader/REDACTED] died a very.. 'Fun' death. ⪼upon realizing their death, they'd realize that they reincarnated into error...
264K 7.7K 19
You were always a curious child. One day, your curiosity took you too far. You lived not to far from a mountain, MT. Ebott, and always wanted to see...
20.4K 621 15
Monsters and Humans have lived together for some time now, not saying that they all like it that way. Most of them don't actually. You, on the other...
22.8K 751 29
You were an average kid, somewhat having a older mind than most of your classmates. you had always been into the undertale fandom, and even knew almo...