The Copyist (One Piece & OC)

By Thattorichick

A 19 year old girl is suddenly reincarnated into a battlefield as a young baby within the world of One Piece... More

Chapter 1: I'm Where!?
Chapter 2: My New Life
Chapter 3: Here Comes Luffy!
Chapter 4: Enter Sabo!
Chapter 5: Our Dreams!
Chapter 6: Love Punch!
Chapter 7: Family
Chapter 8: Treasure
Chapter 9: Take Off!
Chapter 10: The Idol has What!?!
Chapter 11: North Blue
Chapter 12: Oh My Beard
Chapter 13: Mayday!
Chapter 14: What a Croc!
Chapter 15: Hooked into the Situation
Chapter 16: Find It Fast!
Chapter 17: Meet the Crew!
Chapter 18: Day 1 of 365
Chapter 19: Watch Out! Falling Boat!
Chapter 20: Upper Yard
Chapter 21: The Altar
Chapter 22: City of Gold
Chapter 23: Eneru's Scheme
Chapter 24: Ark Maxim
Chapter 25: Giant Jack
Chapter 26: A Balloon What?
Chapter 27: Welcome to G-8, Psych!
Chapter 28: Woah Waterfalls
Chapter 29: Galley-La Company
Chapter 30: Luffy's Decision
Chapter 31: Worrisome Ordeals
Chapter 32: Trapped on a Train
Chapter 33: Interference
Chapter 34: Enies Lobby
Chapter 35: Strawhats' Arrival!
Chapter 36: Finally, Freedom!
Chapter 37: The 8th Straw Hat
Chapter 38: Goodbye, Old Friends
Chapter 39: Water Seven's Wonders
Chapter 40: Our Next Adventure
Chapter 41: Enter the Fog
Chapter 42: A Sticky Situation
Chapter 43: Haunted Woods
Chapter 44: Night Raid
Chapter 45: Hidden Husband
Chapter 46: The Humming Swordsman/I OBJECT!
Chapter 47: Looming Threats
Chapter 48: My Vow
Chapter 49: New Resolves
Chapter 50: Enter the Groove
Chapter 51: Auction of Action
Chapter 52: Trouble Making Trio
Chapter 53: Poof!
Chapter 54: Out of the Frying Pan & Into the Fire
Chapter 55: Prison Break
Chapter 56: Fight to Flee!
Chapter 58: Into the Fray!
Chapter 59: Clash of Steel!
Chapter 60: Do or Die
Chapter 61: Our Next Steps...
Chapter 62: A New Season
Chapter 63: A Dark Gloomy Castle: Wish Granted
Chapter 64: Return to the Groove
Chapter 65: YOU'RE ALIVE?!?!
Chapter 66: Into the Deep
Chapter 67: Ugg, Water
Chapter 68: Fake Invite
Chapter 69: Water Fight
Chapter 70: Oh, Another Masterplan
Chapter 71: Hordy's Downfall
Chapter 72: Treasure Hunt Gone Bad
Chapter 73: The Crying Snail
Chapter 74: Enter the Playroom
Chapter 75: A Large 'Room'

Chapter 57: Final Preparations

1K 55 9
By Thattorichick

***Amaya's POV***

Once everyone was on board, we started our departure towards Marineford. Everyone that followed the blue-haired clown, Buggy, started to celebrate from our successful escape from Impel Down. Somehow beers manifested in their hands to join in the celebrations.

Honestly, they were idiots, especially since they hadn't figured out where the ship would be forced to go even if we didn't want to go after Ace.

I secluded myself in one of the main rooms, finding a desk in the former ship captain's office. I rummanaged around until I found some blank paper and some envelopes. There were a few things that I needed to write before we arrived.

When I was finished writing, they were labeled with three different names: Luffy, Sabo, and Dragon. I placed the letter for Sabo inside the one for Dragon. It was necessary to stay under the radar when delivering the letter to the blonde.

As I sealed the first of the two visible letters, Crocy invited himself inside. He must have finished his talk with Jinbe.

I ignored him as I continued to seal the second envelope. He stayed silent as he leaned against the wall, watching me finish my letters. Having finished, I turned to the crocodile in the room.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I question as I look at his contemplative expression.

He didn't respond immediately, waiting till it nearly got awkward as he smoked his cigar. He then huffed a slight sigh before answering. "Your powers..." he drawled in his deep voice. "I've seen smoke, lightning, fire, and invisibility, not to mention your sword skills. You seem to have many abilities, yet they aren't solely yours as you share an ability with Fire Fist."

He paused, looking at me as I nod my head in confirmation to what he has speculated thus far.

"What is your ability?" He finally asks.

"Hmm," I hum as I consider his question. "Will you trade me something for that information?" I suggest casually, hoping to show through my tone that it wasn't that big a deal.

His face donned a dubious look, despite the curiosity showing in his eyes. "What would that be?"

"Would you allow me to be able to use your powers in exchange? You will still be able to use them like nothing has changed." I clarify towards the end.

After a minute of contemplation, he nodded his head in agreement.

I clasp my hands together in excitement. "Great! So here's the breakdown. My devil fruit is called the copy-copy fruit. If I meet certain requirements, I can copy someone's ability or knowledge on a single subject. I can use that ability at will once it's fully copied, and as long as the original wielder of that ability is still alive. As I'm sure you've noticed, since I have so many devil fruit abilities copied, sea prism affects me worse the more I gain."

"So you have eight different abilities copied." He stated.

I raised my eyebrow in question.

"That's how many times you said the sea prism was affecting you back in the cell." He reminded me.

Ahh, that's right. I bobbed my head in acknowledgement.

"What are the requirements you have to meet?"

I sigh, having already dreaded this part of the explanation.

"I have to receive a kiss from the person. Luckily, it doesn't have to be on the lips. Any type of kiss works too like on the hand or cheek. I've even punched Mr. 3 and copied his powers once if you prefer that method?" I questioned towards the end.

His face was blank. I could read a single thought either on his face or in his eyes. Even his body was still.

I didn't realize I was holding my breath until his deep laughter started to resonate throughout the office.

"A punch would not be preferred. Instead, I'll opt for the traditional method as that is my preference." He didn't give me much time to process before he'd closed the distance and gave me a short kiss on the lips.

I was slow to process what happened. I stayed still even after he distanced himself for a few seconds before snapping out of it.

My eyes closed as I could feel the similar feeling of my body copying another devil fruit ability. The feeling spread throughout my limbs until a full copy of the sand-sand fruit was remaining dormant by the others housed inside of me, waiting to be tapped into.

Once it was completed, I opened my eyes and raised my hand to watch sand swirl within my palm. "Yup, still legit! Thanks, Crocy." I smiled before turning back to the desk that had the letters. "Do you know where Luffy is?" I ask, as I picked up the letters and put them into my leg pouch.

"Your moronic friend decided to give his name over the transponder snail just now, so he's probably still on deck." His tone turned slightly irritated.

I have a huff of amusement. "Sounds about right." I walked over to the office door about to leave before a question caught me off guard.

"If I asked you to work for me, you'd answer no wouldn't you?" The former Warlord said, looking out the small window as he avoided eye contact.

"Flattering as that offer is, you'd be correct. I've got too many things I want to do to be tied down. Besides, I'm the 'sky goddess', so I don't like being permanently tied to the ground. I'll gladly be your friend though if that's an option?" I proposed.

He finally looked at me with his usually resting grimace. Despite his look, emotions of sadness, acceptance, and hope resided in his eyes. "Yes," he answered. "That is an option." He finished with a business tone.

I gave a small smile as I started to leave. "Glad to hear it, Crocy."

Having entered the deck, I soon found Luffy near the ship rail. He was looking at Ace's vivre card. It was so small, and the edges were slowly dissipating into the wind.

I walked over and gave him a hug from the side. "Don't worry, Lu. We'll get him out of this. I'm sure of it." I tried to cheer him up.

Breaking the hug, I used the same hand to steal the hat off his head. At the same time, I used my other hand to stealthily grab the letter out of my leg pouch.

"Hey! Ama, why'd you steal my hat?" Luffy questioned as I held it sideways.

I just smiled at him as I slipped the letter into the pockets that he had sewn into the inside. "Well, don't you keep Ace's vivre card in here? I think you should put it away before you accidentally lose it." I suggest before plucking the card from his hand.

He just pouted as I placed the card next to the letter. Having hid the letter, I slipped his hat back on his head.

I smile again at him. "Yeah, that hat still suits you perfectly." I then turned my gaze to the sea while Luffy did the same.

"Hey, Lu?"

"Hm?"

"Once we get there, let's stick together. Okay?"

"Of course, how else can we keep our promise to each other as we also keep our one with Ace." His infrequent serious side made a brief appearance. "Besides", he turned to me with his large grin. "I still gotta prove to you that my gum-gum fruit is better than Ace's flame-flame, so you'll copy it." He finished with his laugh.

I shook my head at his usual antics. "Don't want it." I responded.

"What why notttttt!" He whined as he hung on my arm in a poor attempt at convincing me.

"Do you know where Iva is?" I redirected the conversation from the never ending circle of 'copy my fruit!' to 'I don't want to'.

"He's still with the Crab since he was poisoned."

I nod my head before giving Luffy one last hug. "Okay, I've got something I need to talk to him about, so I'll see you in a bit."

When I located the man, his enlarged self was pushing his face through a door. He was trying to inspect my scissor hands to see his condition, but his body was currently too large to fit through the door frame.

"Iva," I called for his attention.

"What is it, candy?" He responded with his usual stick at the end, calling everyone candy.

"Can we talk for a minute?" I glanced at his group of followers before looking back at him.

Catching the meaning, Iva led me to somewhere we could talk in peace.

"What is it, candy?" He asked again, but with a more worried tone.

"I had a favor to ask although I know it may not be possible." I reached inside my leg pouch before pulling out the second envelope labeled 'Dragon'. "Would you be able to deliver this for me? I have no way of contacting him, but I know that you two are friends. I won't tell you what's in it as it is partially personal, but I also have some useful information to share." I concluded.

Iva pondered for a moment. "Ya know, candy. If you weren't as close to Luffy, I would've never even considered your proposal. However," he gave me one more glance over. "I'll make an exception this once."

I beamed. "Thank you Iva!" I voiced as he took the letter from me.

We talked for a bit more as he asked for different stories about Luffy and his adventures. I made sure to add the story about when all of our bounties were posted, mentioning that Sanji and his poster weren't really matching. Hopefully, I would lessen the third-degree that Sanji would receive when these two meet.

Our conversation was interrupted as a large tidal wave started to head for our ship. Knowing that we were near our destination, I made my way over to the helm next to Jinbe.

"Are we taking the high road?" I question nonchalantly.

"It's our only option." The fish-man agreed.

"Hey, Jinbe. I've got a question for you. Did Ace ask you any favors before he was taken?"

He stayed quiet as he got us on the large wave and everyone was panicking. "He asked me to look after you and Luffy if he showed up." He finally answered.

I hummed in understanding. That's just like him too. He must have asked sometime when I was passed out from the sea prism.

"Well, I'm resending that request or at least half of it. I want you to focus on Luffy."

Jinbe glanced at me before he looked as if he was about to retort.

"If you want to help me, you will focus on Luffy. Knowing him, he'll draw much attention to himself as soon as we arrive. I'd be so focused on him that I might not focus enough on my surroundings. I'll be fine, but Lu doesn't even know haki yet. Please." I beg at the end.

This was one thing that could absolutely not change from the original storyline. Jinbe had to be solely focused on Luffy, or else my best friend won't make it out alive.

"Very well, but what should I tell Ace should the worst happen?"

I looked at him. "Tell him that 'I kept my promise, and that I have no regrets in having Portgas and Luffy as my best friends.' Please convey that word for word should that time come to pass." I responded.

Despite the acceptance, Jinbe still looked uneasy.

"If it makes you feel better, I plan on staying near Luffy on the battlefield."

Jinbe nodded in agreement, looking slightly relieved.

Having finished my last needed conversation, I walked over to Luffy as the wave was taking us closer to Marine Headquarters.

"We'll save Ace for sure." His determined voice spoke as I took my place right next to him.

"Of course we will." I voice. I have to. All my years of planning and preparing comes down to this war.

The tidal wave froze, leaving the ship on the edge of the frigid ice. It's showtime. I ran to the back of the ship before taking out my sword from my waist. Leaving the sheath on, I sent a large air slice through the ice that was holding our ship to the frozen wave, sending the ship and us with it falling.

Piercing screams resounded all around us as I air dove my way towards Luffy. Like the original story line our landing spot way below was a hole of water surrounded by a frozen sea.

This is it. The battle of Marineford.

__________________________________________________________

Shorter Chapter I know, but I plan on possibly posting a second chapter tomorrow for this week. Until Next Time...

World_Imaginer

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

797 2 11
Disclaimer I do not own one piece or any other characters in this book except my oc ...
1.3K 41 13
Takes place after Wano but does not follow the proper storyline. A 19 year old girl named Melina finds herself in a new universe far different from h...
31.6K 921 29
📌[ STORY ON HOLD ] Upon getting possibly one of the rarest Devil fruit to exist, how will this girl use her newfound abilities in this Great Pirate...
20.6K 385 52
Y/n has always been an amazing daughter,always been loved and taken care of, till tragedy hits, destiny puts her to live with another boy as unfortun...