Illusions (Infinite x Oc) Hia...

By WhateverMack

(SLOW PROCESS) In the times of war, Sonic is kidnapped in Eggman's new Death Egg in space. With the help of r... More

Prologue - Gaia's Village
Chapter 1 - Finding Help
Chapter 2 - Answers
Chapter 3 - Hide
Chapter 4 - Meeting
Chapter 5 - Mission Breakout
Chapter 6 - Files
Chapter 7 - Failed
Chapter 8 - Rage
Chapter 9 - Feelings
Chapter 10 - Grief
Chapter 11 - Sad Traditions
Chapter 12 - Back in Business
Chapter 13 - Old Friend
Chapter 14 - Letters & Games
Chapter 15 - Mother Behavior
Chapter 16 - City Chaos
Chapter 17 - Distractions
Chapter 19 - Confession
Chapter 20 - A Pause

Chapter 18 - Confliction

1 0 0
By WhateverMack

(Oana's POV)

     As soon as we returned to base, I dragged the little wolf with me to our room. I sat him down before walking into the strange washroom. I searched through the cabinets and shelves for a medical kit of sorts. But there was nothing. I walked out and sat on my bed before calling Kali.

     "Yes, Chieftess?" He answered, sounding like he had not slept properly in a few hours. I shook it off before speaking. "Where are you? I need some assistance in healing."

     "I just arrived in the medical wing. It has been busy since you returned. You can come and do what you need to do here. I will let the others know."

     "Thank you, Kali. May the goddess give you strength." I ended the call before looking over at the red wolf. He gripped his hand tight and close to his chest. I squinted in worry. I took a breath before offering my hand to him. He looked up at me as I asked, "Can you walk?"

     Gadget nodded his head before reaching his hand out to grab mine. Once our hands locked, I pulled him to his feet and led him to the medical wing. But as soon as we left our room, "Oana!" I turned to see Fuschia and Lot running up toward me and Gadget. Worry washed over me as they walked into a halt.

     "Are you two alright? I am sorry I left you behind on the shuttle. I did not mean to leave you there," I started to explain, repeating my apologies. Before I could continue, Fushcia placed a hand on my shoulder and smiled at me. "We know how you are feeling. Watching everything happen at once while worrying about other people away from your line of sight is stressful. And after seeing Gadget with some cuts from that jerk-face jackal," I let out a little snort in response to the name for the masked jackal. "We understand your stress."

     I smiled and took her paw into mine. I nodded in thanks before leading everyone to the medical wing.

-

     After a few minutes of wrapping cuts and cooling bruises, I finally let out a breath of relief. My chest was weighed with worry and responsibility. Gadget and his friends were sitting on the same bed, discussing the fight between me and the jackal. I smiled at their cheered faces. I went to sit down on a nearby stool before hearing my earpiece beep for my attention. I groaned and answered.

     "What is it, Echidna?" I growled into the earpiece, waiting for his call to another mission or errand he did not want to attend.

     "Wow, rude. Do you know where the kid is? The red wolf?" He asked while trying to remember the little wolf's name. I rolled my eyes in annoyance before answering for him. "You mean, Gadget?"

     "Yes! Gadget! Do you know where he is? I have a mission for him to go with Sonic. Sonic is not at his best and I'm getting bored. I need him in the strategy room as soon as you find him."

     I sighed before answering. "Yes, Echidna, he is fine. Some cuts, and bruises, and nothing broken. Great to see you care for the little thing."

     The echidna went silent before he hung up our line. I let out a sigh before standing to my feet. I felt myself struggle to stand, feeling my legs shake under my weight. I took a breath before balancing myself and walked toward the rookies. I reached out a hand to the red wolf. He looked up at me with curiosity and confusion. I nodded. He nodded back. He knew what I was asking of him. He took my hand as I pulled him to his feet and walked toward the strategy room.

     As we entered, the blue hedgehog was in the middle of the room stretching his legs and limbs. I could only shake my head and squeeze the bridge of my nose in response. Why in the middle of the whole room? Perhaps a wall. I let out a sigh as the red echidna entered from a different room. He started to talk with Rose as Whisp walked up to me. I lifted my head with a growl in greeting. He did the same.

     "I heard what happened to your mother."

     I felt my chest whither at the mention of her. I still held grief for her lost presence. But I cannot fall to my hands and knees yet. Not until that doctor fell to the earth in the goddess's embrace. Before I could say anything, Rose spoke up.

     "Way to jinx it! Metal Sonic has been spotted in the city!"

     Whisp rushed to Rose's side, looking at the screen. "Is it another fake?"

     "Why would they bother making a fake out of something that already isn't real? Couldn't they just build more?" The blue 'hero' commented with a yawn.

     I felt my eye twitch at his questions. Yes, they are reasonable questions. But the way he is saying them sounded foolish. I took another breath before continuing to listen. Sonic shrugged his shoulders, arching his back. "Either way, it's getting wrecked! Let's go, partner!"

     He jogged up to Gadget and hooked his arm with the wolf's, walking out of the room. I snatched the blue fool before he could leave and looked toward the red rodent. "Excuse me, Echidna. If I may, I decline the requested help of Gadget for the reckless blue fool." I pulled Gadget away from the fool and hid him behind me.

     The said fool gasped dramatically. "Me? Reckless? C'mon! I'm not that stupid to get anyone hurt!" He crossed his arms with confidence.

     I grabbed the fool's neck and pulled him in. "Listen, Hero. You might have everyone under your care because the world is at risk of danger from the doctor. You have been gone and stuck in a cell for 6 months. You are stuck in the past. I am present. I worry for my people and I worry for the pup. He is exhausted from the encounter of the jackal. Our enemy was powerful enough to defeat you at first glance. I was able to stand my ground. I was able to stand for my people for those months while you did nothing but let the doctor do cruel things to you."

     I pulled him closer, my gift glowing upon my skin and fur. "If you are entitled to be a hero to your people, I want you to care for the people who are hurt and need to rest. If you are reckless enough for that red mole to have me bring the newest member of the resistance to watch over your childish ass, you are no hero. You are a child. You care for the people who are hurt in battle."

     I let go of him. He fell to the floor and looked up at me with concern. I kneeled to him, remaining in eye contact as he shook ever so slightly from the naked eye. "If you call yourself a hero," I pulled on his leg to get closer to me. He yelped as I held him in place. I leaned closer to him, his eyes trying to look for something else but they could not escape my gaze. "Act like it."

     I let him go and stood up. I looked toward the mole to see his mouth agape. "Do I make myself clear?"

     Everyone remained silent. My ear twitched to the sound of someone clearing their throat. I turned around to see Gadget with his hand up, asking for permission to speak. "Yes, Pup?"

     "I... I don't mind helping Mr. Sonic fight Metal Sonic," he answered with a nervous smile. My eyes widened in worry. What is he planning on doing? What is he going to do? I walked up to him and placed my hands on his shoulders. "Are you certain? I do not want you to do anything you do not wish to do. I want you safe and resting. You have done a lot since I met you. You need some rest. Let your wounds and bumps heal for a few hours."

     He nodded in agreement. "I know. But I still have some fight left in me. I want to help. If it prevents from Dr. Eggman from controlling our home, I'm willing to help until I can't stand."

     My grip tightened on his shoulders. I took in a breath before letting myself relax and release him from my grasp. I smile at him proudly. I cupped his cheek before kissing his forehead. "Please be careful. And do not let the blue fool do anything ridiculous."

     He snorted out a small laugh before hugging me in a warm embrace. I relaxed in his arms. It was comforting. It felt like something we both needed. We soon broke the hug and wished farewell. But before the blue rodent could leave, I grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

     "What now!? Can't you see we're on a time crunch?" He asked, trying to escape my hold. I brought him close and stared into his eyes with serious intent.

     "If I see him hurt under your watch, I will rip you apart and boil you for the doctor's supper."

     His face showed shock, fear, and promise. He quickly backed away from my hold and raised his hand to his forehead like a salute. "Yes, ma'am! I won't do anything or let anything happen to your little wolf! Alright, bye!"

     I heard the small squeak of fear fly out of his mouth as he ran away to catch Gadget. I let out a sigh and wrapped my arms around myself. May the goddess give him strength.

-

(Gadget's POV)

     As Mr. Sonic and I ran through the city, my head went into thinking about Oana and her strange behavior toward Infinite. It was strange at first to know that she fought him and survived the first encounter with no one captured. But a few hours ago in the big city of Metropolis, it was more...personal. As if, they were having something between themselves.

     I couldn't put my finger on it. I turned to the famous blue hero to see him sweating. I started to grow concerned for the fearless blue hero. "Um, Mr. Sonic?" I called for his attention. "Are you...okay? You're sweating."

     He lets out a hum in confusion before touching the side of his face. "Ha! I guess I am. I haven't sweated since Amy tried to give me swimming lessons!"

     I blinked. When was that? I shook my head and continued with another question, but Ms. Amy Rose talked through our earpiece. "Watch out! Metal Sonic was spotted near your location."

     We then approached a bridge when Mr. Sonic replied. "Strange. I don't see him anywhere." Suddenly, the bridge started to shake. Then a giant robot appeared from underneath the bridge, breaking it. Luckily, Mr. Sonic and I landed on a cliffside to avoid falling into whatever was down there. More robots maybe? I felt my legs shake in nervousness. "Phew! That was a close one," Mr. Sonic said with a shrug of his shoulders. I followed his actions and shrugged off the nerves inside of me as we both jumped and started attacking the giant bot.

-

     I panted as we defeated Metal Sonic. He disappeared out of sight like every other illusion the Phantom Ruby makes. I held myself up with my hands on my knees.

     "Hey! That was great! We were a well-oiled machine," Mr. Sonic cheered as he walked up to me. He paused for a moment, shrugging again as he continued to talk. "Fighting a well-oiled machine."

     I laughed at his joke as he held out his fist to me. I smiled at him before fist-bumping him. "Now," Mr. Sonic started as he stretched out his back again. "Let's head back to base. Our job is done and Oana is probably really worried about you."

     My previous unspoken questions echoed in my head as he mentioned Oana. "Right. I have a few questions," I stated as we started to run back to base.

     "Hit me."

     "What did she say to you before we left?"

     His face went cold but still held a smile on his face. He laughed it off. "Oh, nothing serious! She just wanted me to look over you and make sure you're safe and make sure you don't have any broken bones and whatnot!" He answered in his cheery self. But it felt like he was going to add something else. He went quiet after that. What is something she said specifically? Or was I making this awkward? I shook my head as we entered the city again.

     "Next question: Did you notice Oana being a little...strange around Infinite?"

     He hummed for a second, bringing his hand to his chin. "I don't know. She looks and sounds the same. Why? Was it something fun I missed?"

     I thought of the moment when they fought in Metropolis. It was like they were dancing. Like it was rehearsed in some way. As I was dodging the robots and red cubes, I caught a glint in both of their eyes. Like they both had something they wanted. I couldn't tell what they were thinking or feeling at the moment.

     I explained my thinking to Mr. Sonic and he nodded to every word I said.

     "Do you get what I'm trying to say?" I asked, thinking that my words explained the event and my thinking process was good enough for him. He hummed, thinking and memorizing the words I played into his head.

     Finally, he spoke.

     "Yeah, when you put it like that, I think Oana has a little crush-crush on Mr. I-Hate-Everything-And-I-Must-Talk-Like-I'm-In-A-Theatratic-Play."

     My face grew hot at the mention of what I thought he was mentioning. "Cr-Crush? As in, having feelings for the enemy?!"

     "Yeah. I wouldn't put it passed Oana. She seems like the type to go for the most emo person in the world. And who's a more emo-ego aesthetic person than Infinite?"

     I thought for a second before replying. "Mr. Shadow?"

     He went to answer but stopped himself and thought for a moment. He then nodded in agreement.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 95 19
This is the tale of how Sonic's world had begun to crumble. Without their heroic hero, the blue blur, the citizens of Mobius were left in the dust. T...
3.4K 15 80
Characters and contents are a property of SEGA. I do not own anything. *PLS HIT THE VOTE BUTTON, IT REALLY HELPS ME OUT* After facing countless def...
4.4K 80 27
When a demonstration of a new cutting-edge virtual reality machine goes horribly wrong, Alexandra Parker accidentally creates a link between two worl...
30.6K 1.1K 13
When Metal is sent on a mission to steal two chaos emeralds from Shadow and Sonic, he's not expecting them to use the power of them against him. Even...