feels like french kisses - a...

By leen00566

he needs tutoring she needs money his friend gets him a tutor her brother gets her a job at his club she's... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
a/n
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41:

introduction

3.4K 28 3
By leen00566

✰✰✰

he needs tutoring
she needs money
his friend gets him a tutor
her brother gets her a job at his club
she's good in school
he's got no time for school which results in bad grades
he doesn't want to accept a tutor at first
she finds him annoying at first but does it for the money

Maëlys' (+ some of Mason's and the rest of the families') background:

Maëlys, nickname Lee, was born in Liverpool and lived there 'til she was 9.

Her birth-father Caleb (English) was an abusive asshole (mostly to her mother but also her though not as much).

Her mother Samira (Cameroonian) divorced Caleb and gained full custody.

She also got police involved and after a monthlong process/trial Maëlys' birth-father got sentenced with 3 years of prison.

Her mother met Mason's father Keith a year later when he was on a work trip.

Both started dating and fell in love.

(Mason's mum died of a disease only a few weeks after his birth.)

After 6-7 months of dating Samira and Keith decided to move in together.

She thought it would be a good idea for her and her daughter to move to Sunderland (where Mason and his father lived, in this fanfic).

Samira didn't feel comfortable in Liverpool anymore because of her ex-husband, even though he was still in prison.

Maëlys didn't want to leave her friends at first but she understood and also appreciated the decision. If it were up to her, she would have already moved immediately after her birth-father was sent to prison.

Her and Mason almost immediately became fond of each other.

He started looking out for her, especially in school, and made sure no one would hurt her.

Since they're only about two and a half years apart in age they never had any difficulties with each other.

Maëlys adored her "new" brother and "new" father and easily felt at home which made her mother very happy.

Today she and Mason don't care at all that they're not related by blood and love each other like "real" siblings.

After 3 years of being a couple Mason's father proposed to Samira on New Year's Eve and the got married in late summer (in September) of the following year.

Both Maëlys and Mason grew up with football.

Both played football since the were little but she stopped when she was 14 while he focused on his plan of becoming a professional footballer.

They always bickered around about football since both were supporting different teams. She supported Liverpool while he supported Sunderland.

When he turned 14, Mason was offered the opportunity to enroll in the Sunderland academy and obviously he took it.

(Let's just pretend Mason grew up in Sunderland and always played for them for this story. I mean it's called fan fiction for a reason.)

Maëlys has always been good in school and almost everything just came easier to her.

She is now in her last year of school and has the goal of going to university in London afterwards studying sports communication.

She always wanted to do something with football in her live and now she wants to be a sports commentator like for example Kate Abdo (maybe work for Sky, Cbs, etc.), or just work in sports media in general.

A year after she stopped playing football she fell in love with volleyball and got enrolled into a club in the city.

She still plays volleyball nowadays but her obsession with football and the Liverpool team never stopped.

Maëlys never really had luck with love relationships.

She only was in a relationship twice: the first one only lasted one month and the second guy cheated on her after a year and a half of them dating.

Since then she mostly closes herself off when it comes to boys and she won't show her feelings easily.

She has now been single for over 8 months.

But her current friendships are the best she's ever had.

She absolutely loves her two best friends Amari and Kaya.
They always hang out together.

In June Mason got a call from the Sunderland manager who wanted him to join the first team.

The whole family was truly excited for him and not long after he signed an official contract.

Even though her parents fully support her Maëlys doesn't want them to pay everything for her when she goes to university (which is pretty expensive).

So since the start of the school year she babysat a bunch of times here and there but never found a regular job with steady payment.

Obviously she talked to Mason about it since she told him everything.
And because he always felt the need to take care of his little sister he started looking for jobs for her at his club.

Jobe's backstory (in a way):

Jobe had transferred to Sunderland from Birmingham in June around the same time Mason signed his contract with the club.

He and his dad Mark moved to the city not long after his own signing.

He quickly became good friends with Mason and Abdoullah.

Since the boys had training almost every day and Jobe hadn't finished his education the club hooked him up with lessons in the academy before or after training.

However, his focus was on football a lot and due to some injuries he had to play more games than the manager had originally planned for him.

Those reasons resulted in his grades getting worse.

So his teachers suggested they would get him a tutor from a local public school, since they felt he would have it easier to study with someone his own age.

When he talked to his friends about it Mason immediately knew this could be a good job for his sister.

Mason went to Jobe's teachers and asked the if his sister could tutor Jobe.

They told him they would have to talk to her school first but assured him he could already inform to his sister about the possibility and that there would usually be a certain payment as well.

Main characters:

Dior Goodjohn as Maëlys "Lee" Brooks
(name pronounced: mah-eh-lee)
the main character
"You seriously have to stop with the staring. It's getting creepy."
@xo.maëlys_brks
09/12/2005
student

Jobe "J" Bellingham as himself
the love interest
"I've updated to friend now?"
@jobebellingham
23/09/2005
footballer at sunderland afc

Mason "Mase" Burstow as himself
the protective brother
"Well, shouldn't you know all about stubbornness?"
@masonburstow
04/08/2003
footballer at sunderland afc

Dylan Conrique as Amari "Riri" Wilson
the comedic relief
"I still do. But a girl has to keep her options open."
@gottal0veriri
27/10/2005
student

Ariana Greenblatt as Kaya "Kai" Harris
the raging bisexual
"Fine, I'll do it. But you'll buy me a drink later for that."
@kaiwitahoodie
03/03/2006
student

Abdoullah "Abdy" Ba as himself
the supportive friend
"You seem to try pretty hard to get on her good side."
@__abdoullah27
31/07/2003
footballer at sunderland afc

Rest of the Sunderland team as themselves
some additional characters (either real or fictional)

———

so this is the introduction for my story:).
i hope it was understandable enough lol.
like i said, not everything will match with reality and i switched up a few things so it will fit with the storyline in my head.
and again, it's called fan fiction for a reason so please don't be mad🙏🏼.
also, this is my first fanfic so please don't come for me🙂.
english is also not my first language and i'm not from england as well, so if i get anything wrong i'm sorry.
but i'll try my best🤞🏼.
anyways, just enjoy the story and don't be shy to interact🫣.
love yous💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22K 701 11
𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 π“π‡πˆππŠπˆππ†.π–₯” ݁ Λ– 𝒂 𝒋𝒐𝒃𝒆 π’ƒπ’†π’π’π’Šπ’π’ˆπ’‰π’‚π’Ž π’‡π’‚π’π’‡π’Šπ’„π’•π’Šπ’π’! .☘︎ ݁˖ ❝can't get you off my mind i've 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 π’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’Œπ’ŠοΏ½...
56.9K 975 35
in which Kiana Simmons and Jobe bellingham ignore all the obvious signs of them liking each other, but when the realisation finally hits, it doesn't...
197K 3.7K 22
In which things get complicated for Hannah Elliot when she begins to fall for the guy she thought she hated more than anything. Jude Bellingham x Fem...
7.9K 145 21
"everything I fucking do, I do for you!" He's head over heals for her from the beginning, she likes him, but shes scared.