Why Are You My Brother???

By CoolCaits123

Mollie Johnson is your average active 17 year old who lives life to the fullest, in a tomboyish way. But what... More

Why Are You My Brother???
Chapter One: Meeting the Step-Brother
Chapter 2: Talking to the Step-Brother
Chapter 3: Mr. Brown Eyes
Chapter Four: Girl Talk
Chapter Six: Chester's Corner

Chapter Five: The Best Member of GK

71 2 0
By CoolCaits123

When we arrive at Jess' Crystal hollers at Jane, Jess' daughter, behind the counter. She smiles when she sees us and comes rushing over.

"I haven't seen you guys in so long," She starts, emphasis on the so, "What have you been up to, we need to have a proper catch up."

"I know, it's has been too long," I reply, "Why don't you come and sit with us, that is of course, if your mum doesn't mind. Is she out the back?"

"Yes, of course. I'll go ask her now, just pick whatever table you want." She rushes, speeding out into the kitchen of the café. Crystal and I know Jane from when we were little, in Primary school she was in our friendship group, we were the three musketeers. However, in the last year they had money problems, so they had to move into a smaller house which only happened to be too far from the Secondary school that we were all going too. Therefore, we lost most connections with Jane, but every now and then we make excuses to try and pop into the café.

"Gosh, it feels like forever since I've seen Jane & Jess." Crystal mumbles to me as we all walk over to the tables and push a few together.

"That's because it has been forever, C," I reply, counting up the chairs we need, "Chloé how many seats do we need?" I ask her way.

"Well there are us four, and then Generation Knot, so that makes 9 and if Jane is joining us, then 10." She adds up quickly.

"So, if we put 2 four seat-er tables together and 1 two seat-er, then that's enough, right?" Crystal asks.

"Yes," Dylan & Chloé says at the same time. They glance at each other and then look away, Chloé blushing.

As we all pick a seat and get comfortable, Generation Knot come strolling in and search around until they see us. It was time for the introductions.

"Hi guys, I'm Shane," He starts pointing at himself, "This is Jordan, Mason, Lucas and Ethan." He says, moving along the line.

"Hey," The boys say, I notice Jordan smirk at me. I grin back.

"Hello," I start, "I'm Mollie," I say mimicking Shane, "This is Crystal, Chloé and Dylan."

"Hi," My introductory lot say back.

"Okay," I clap, "Now, we've done the introductions, do you want to sit down?" Before we get the chance to sit down, Jane comes back out to us. She goes wide-eyed as she realises who is sat at our table.

She clears her throat, and then says towards Crystal & I "My mum says I can sit with you guys, and we can have our little catch up." She grins. "And seeing as no one is in here, other than us she said we can close early, and have the place to ourselves."

"That's so sweet of her," Crystal smiles kindly.

"Do you need any help with anything?" I ask her politely.

"Well, I could use a hand to get the glasses out for drinks, but then you guys can just get your own, if that's okay?" She asks nervously.

"That's fine with us," I look around at the rest of the group, and receive grateful nods.

"Okay, that's good. Do you want to pick your seats as I get the glasses, and then I can take your orders and stuff?" She grins, still slightly stuttering nervously.

"Sounds good," Ethan says, walking over to Jane. "Hi, my name's Ethan, and you are?" He asks.

"Hi Ethan, I'm Jane." She smiles shyly.

"That's a lovely name; you mentioned that you'd like a hand with the glasses?" He asks. Jane nods. "Well, lucky for you I have two hands spare for your use." Jane goes a deep shade of red, and just beckons for him to follow her.

We all start rearranging ourselves, and it ends up that I'm at the end with Jordan opposite me. Next to me it's Mason, Shane, Ethan and Dylan. Next to Jordan it goes Lucas, Crystal, Jane and Chloé.

Jordan looks up at me and beckons at me to pass him my phone. I give him a curious glance, as I questionably pass him my phone. He takes out his own phone, and types something in it. Jordan then passes me back my own phone. I check my phone, and see he hasn't done anything. I look up at him strangely; he just smirks typing on his own phone. Suddenly my phone goes off, notifying me that I have a message and I look down.

The Best Member of GK
Hey Mollie,
It's me, the best member of Generation Knot.
Its strange how we've ended up opposite each other, don't you think?
Chat to you in person
- J x

I look up at Jordan in disbelief, he just smirks. Again! I start composing a message back, as half of us head over to the drinks machine that Ethan and Jane have just brought out. I wondered what he's saved me as in his phone.

Me
Hey J,
I highly doubt that you're the best member of Generation Knot. But you know what they say, whatever floats your boat.
Yeah, totally, 100%, completely strange *gives you strange look*
Probably not gonna chat to you in person
- M x

By the time I've pressed send, it's my turn to get my drink. I grab my glass, and lead the way. I can feel a presence of someone behind me, so I pick up my pace a little. Even with my added speed, I end up at the back of the queue, with Jordan behind me. I can hear him typing quickly, and then it stops. My phone pings.

The Best Member of GK
Hey M,
That's very mean of you to say. *cries inside*
*gives you strange look back*
I'm gonna make you chat to me in person
- J x

I move forward in the line.

Me
Hey J,
Aw I'm sorry.
*gives you strange look for you giving strange look*
What am I saved as in your phone?
You're not going to make me chat in person
- M x

His phone dings. I step forward again. I realise this is probably anti-social but we'll stop soon. My phone pings.

The Best Member of GK
Hey M,
It's okay
J
*gives you strange look for you giving strange look for me giving you a strange look*
And I guess you'll just have to find out *laughs cheekily*
I am going to make you chat in person
- J x

Me
Hey J,
*gives you strange look for you giving strange look for me giving you a strange look for you being strange*
Uh, no I don't think so. You're going to have to tell me.
I might chat to you in person
- M x

I hear his phone ding. He's quick at responding and as soon as I look down again at my phone, a new message is there.

The Best Member of GK
Hey M,
*gives you strange look because of this situation*
Maybe I'll tell you later
You will chat to me in person
- J x

A second message comes through.

The Best Member of GK
Hey M,
Move up in the line, put your phone down. It's your turn.
- J x

I quickly lock my phone putting it away, realising that we've been gone from the table for far too long. I grab my glass off the counter I rested it on, and sort myself out a Peach Ice Tea. In the meantime, Jordan grabs himself a Coca Cola. Then we head back to the table that's buzzing of conversation.

"Took you long enough," Mason starts, with a knowing look, "Jane wants to take your orders so she can go and give them to her mum."

"Oh sorry. I was too absorbed in my phone to realise how long I'd been standing there. Um, I'll have my usual please Jane, if that's alright?" I apologise, taking my seat at the table.

"Tell me about it, she wouldn't move up in the queue this one." Jordan says, faking an annoyed look.

"That's perfectly fine Mollie, and for you Jordan?" Jane asks, seemingly to have acquired some more confidence.

"I'll have the same as Mollie, thanks." He says, taking his seat opposite me.

"Are you sure?" Crystal, Chloé, Jane and I all say in sync, giving him his chance to get out of this.

"Yeah, why? What's wrong with it?" He says with a nervous chuckle.

"Oh, no. Nothing, it's just an unusual order." Jane says, giving me a look. I grin back at her. She takes out our orders to her mum. Whilst she's gone I kick Jordan under the table. He stifles a groan.

"What was that for?" He whinge/whispers across the table to me.

"I heard that comment you made earlier." I say with an eye-roll.

"Oh," He smirks, "That."

"Yes, that." I say looking at him to respond. He doesn't. "You're the one who was holding me up," I whinge. "Now everyone thinks I'm a phone-a-holic." Jordan doesn't have time to respond to that as Jane and Jess bring our food out to us. I grin widely at Jess. After she puts everyone's plates down, I rush up to give her a hug, with Crystal following close behind; obviously subsequent to telling Jordan to wait before he opens his meal.

"Hello, my darlings. How have you been dears?" Jess asks, tears forming in her eyes.

"We've been good thanks." Crystal replies.

"How's the business been?" I ask, knowing about previous problems.

"Although it looks like it's quite and slow, business has actually been booming. It's just at times like this it's much quieter." She says with a grin.

"That's good to hear, Mrs. D." I say.

"Look at you two though, my two darlings all grown up." She sobs.

"And you haven't aged a bit Mrs. D." Crystal smiles sweetly.

"You two were always the politest of Jane's friends. It's good to see that it's still stuck with you." She smiles. "Well, I must get on, things to do you see. I'll leave you kids to your dinner." And with that being said, Mrs. D just walks off.

I turn to Jordan, "You can open your food now." I say, smirking as I sit down. He opens it, in shock.

I do my best impression of an innocent girl, "You like?" I ask. He's speechless. I grin.

"What? Is something the matter?" I ask, "Do you not like a BBQ wrap with cheese sticks, garlic bread, chips, vegetables, fruit and pastries on the side?"

He just sits there stunned. Everyone laughs.

"Let's eat!" My brother shouts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.1K 1.2K 72
Harry Potter x female reader °。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。 Cedric Diggory has a younger sister named Y/n and she's starting her fourth year at Hogwarts. H...
7.4M 205K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...
80.9K 444 18
spoiler "Berani main-main sama gue iya? Gimana kalau gue ajak lo main bareng diranjang, hm? " ucap kilian sambil menujukan smirk nya. Sontak hal ter...
61.7K 2.6K 37
ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ.