Tesoro

By lovinraura_

A man in power. A woman that craves it. - Success Laura Marano was certain she was destined to reach it, onc... More

Chapter 0 -
01 | Change
02 | Mr. Lynch
03 | Pretentious Prick
04 | New Strategy
05 | Fire And Ice
06 | Wicked Game
07 | The Cutie
08 | Earn It
09 | Trust
10 | Office Gossip
11 | Phone Number
12 | Questions
13 | Stolen Cigarette
14 | Cut The Tension
15 | Guilty
16 | Lollipop
17 | Wife
18 | Flirt
19 | Gift
20 | Counting
21 | Bloody Lips
22 | Cold Shoulder
23 | A Lynch
24 | Gloves
25 | The Welcoming
26 | Kiss, Don't Tell
27 | In A Different Way
28 | A Mean One
29 | Clothes Off
30 | Ice Skin
31 | I'm Not Nice
32 | The Breakdown
33 | Louie's Disaster
34 | Exposed Secrets
35 | Aftermath
36 | Between us
37 | Mystery Girl
38 | Hawk
39 | Apart of me
40 | Trouble
41 | My World
42 | Sour Thoughts
43 | Lost In Love
44 | Locket
45 | Stained
46 | Nightmare Of A Dream
47 | His Smile
49 | I Need You
50 | Epilogue
51 | Epilogue
New Announcement

48 | My Love Or My Life

416 54 44
By lovinraura_

Laura's Pov

By the time we were out of the doctor's appointment, we were still pretty shaken.

As I sat on the passenger seat, I could still see a few tears fall from his eyes.

My eyebrows narrowed.. oh, honey.

I reached out to wipe them off of his cheek, and he turned to look at me, before closing his eyes, and resting his head on my hand.

My heart melted, as I reached out to touch his face with my other hand, before kissing his lips.

His hand wrapped to the nape of my neck, pulling me in harder, and I reached out on his shoulder for support, as his lips pushed against mine, in a hungry, passionate way.

His hands on my skin made my shiver, as his mouth ravished my own. Soft, yet all- consuming. It made sense for him.

I felt his lips move from my own to kiss the rest of my face, down my neck- and as his hand layed on top of my belly, he stared at me.

Breathless, I looked back, unsure of what he was thinking.

Information I'd know a second later, when he bent down to kiss my belly.

I almost had another breakdown right there, at the gesture. As he lifted himself, his eyes locked with mine, before he pulled me in.

Somehow I managed to get on top of his lap, and he held me, as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Of all the things my hands have held" he whispered against my ear "the best by far is you."

I looked up at him, shaking my head, before kissing his lips again "I love you."

"I love you more than life tesoro." he smiled at me- an emotional smile at that "And I love the baby we created. I'd be so proud if they were just like you."

I smiled at that, snoring a bit "So controling and sassy?"

"Bright and confident" his reached out to put away a few strands of hair behind my ear "Elegant, beautiful, kind.."

My smile widened with every word, as his nose scrunched at the end "controlling and sassy too though."

I laughed, as he stared at me.

We fell in silence, as his hand remained on my cheek, "You look a lot like love. Like an old song that makes my heart ache."

I stared at him, in disbelief at the beautiful words coming out of his mouth. Surprised, yet amazed, I tried to hold onto the tears threatening to leave my eyes.

"I think you're making me crazy." I whisper, narrowing my eyes at him "Speaking like that."

He sighed, smiling at me softly "It's you.. tesoro."

"I don't wanna cry again." I laughed a little, as his fingers wiped away my tears.

"I know." he smiled "I like you laughing more anyway."

As I smiled at him, he nodded.

"Well darling, I have a commitment to work I need to get to.. but I'll just walk. It's not too far. You can take the car."

My eyebrows narrowed "Now? But it's late."

"Meeting I called last week." he shrugged lightly "Will you be okay going home alone just this once?"

I nodded.

"Good girl." he smiled, before kissing my forehead.

He put me down on the driver's seat, before getting out of the car.

"Text me when you get home darling." his hand still in mine "Don't forget."

"I won't." I nodded, as he kissed my hand.

It felt almost nostalgic, and weird, in a way, to see him walk away further and further. I hesitated to look away, but once I did.. I started the car.

Taking in a deep breath, I drove off. It's like a part of me didn't want to.

Maybe I'd become way more attached to him as I thought.

As I drove home, my brain was running with the events of my day, and every single sweet word he'd said to me.

I was smiling, but there was something in my chest that told me something wasn't quite right.

It was a bit weird, but I ignored it until I got home - where I greeted Stormie and Mer, who had just put her kids to sleep in one of Ross' spare rooms.

I told them about everything that happened, as they were curious, before texting Ross.

'Im home.'

I put away my phone for a while, as I sat down to relax and read a book.. which was an unsuccessful case, as whatever Stormie was cooking in the kitchen, was not agreeing with my stomach.

It had to be some sort of sea food.. okay... ignore it. We're reading a book, we're relaxed, no need to be sick.

I wasn't even a paragraph in, when Mer walked in holding a plate of shrimp and oysters and held it in front of me.

"Laura you have to try these! Mom did this th-"

I couldn't let her finish, as I ran off to the nearest bathroom to throw up.

She followed after me and as I emptied my stomach, as she freaked "I'm so sorry! I swear to god forgot about pregnancy smell triggers."

As I finished up, she handed me a towel. I wiped my mouth, as she gave me an awkward smile and a thumbs up.

That made me smile slightly.

"I'll just be in the bedroom if anyone needs me." I scrunched my nose.

"Probably for the best." she nodded "I'll tell mom to finish up quick."

"No need" I shook my head.

I was being nice. Seafood was a no-no for this baby.

"Don't worry about it. Just feel better" she smiled at me.

I nodded, taking my phone and going up to the bedroom.

I locked the door, before letting myself fall on the bed, as I checked my phone.

Still no reply..

He was usually quick with my texts.

Either way, I spend the next few hours or so, going through a few documents and emails for work.

I checked my phone again, and he still hadn't even seen the text.

At that point I texted him again.

Did you get done with your meeting ?

He should be.. I thought. I'd been more than two hours since I'd first texted.

I tried to get my mind off of it for a while, seeing if I could come up with some lyrics for a song.. still, I kept glacing at my phone.

Every time I'd light up, I wished it was him.

My stomach started turning, but this time was in worry. Something didn't feel right.

I was probably being ridiculous.. I sighted, lifting myself up, as I tapped the phone screen with my fingers.

My eyebrows narrowed, and I bit my lip, before pressing on his contact.

I was just checking in on him. No problem, right? That was normal. A bit annoying because he's probably busy, but normal.

I waited for him to pick up, as I played with the hem of my sweater, staring at the balcony door.

When he didn't pick up for the second, or the third time, anxiety fully kicked in.

I texted again, and the message didn't even go through.

Fuck.

"Camille" I spoke up on the phone.

"Hi mommaa. How are you?" she questioned.

My eyebrows furrowed as I heard her speak up freely "Aren't you in a meeting right now?"

She stayed silent for a second, before speaking up "No? Am I supposed to be?"

"Ross called in a meeting for tonight after work." I spoke up "He's there now. I thought you would be too."

"Um.. no." she sounded confused "Let me check my email to make sure, so I don't get in trouble."

I waited as she tapped on her phone, and then she spoke up "Laura.. there's no meeting. He would've sent in a notice."

"Then where the hell is he right now?" I questioned.

I think she caught onto the panic in my voice, as she spoke up "Laura.. it's okay. That man is in love with you. There's no way-"

"That's not what I'm worried about for fuck's sake" I was sounding a bit desperate "I'm worried about the match."

"The match?" she questioned.

"Deathly fucking match. He said it was at the end of the week but what if he lied?"

"Okay.. let's not jump into conclusions-" she spoke up calmly.

"I don't feel good about this." I paused to think, squeezing my eyes shut "Camille I have to go."

"Go where?!"

"Thank you" I spoke up, shutting my phone before she said another word.

If he wasn't at the office... I had to make sure he wasn't where I was afraid he'd be.

Suddenly, as if in the perfect time, I remember the tracking app he told me to install, in case anything happened. I felt safer knowing he could see my location exactly, at all times.

And in turn... I could see his.

So I got to work as I picked up my phone, opening the app and searching for a bit, before I found exactly where his phone was.

Gash Gamble

That was a bar. He was at a bar?

As I looked more into it, I noticed this place was practically in the middle of nowhere, and there was no photos posted of it.

Confused, but worried.. I thought back to if Ross mentioned where the match was held. I think he did say behind a bar, with no further details provided.

So to find this... well it wasn't helping my nerves.

It was getting late, and I felt useless sitting here. If he was really in danger.. I had to help him anyway I could.

To do that... I had to show up.

But I surely couldn't do that dressed like this. I had to blend in.

Maybe it was the rush of it all, or my quickening heartbeat, but I looked through my clothes like a crazy woman.

Black on black had to be the choice, and I had to make it look dangerous. They had to believe I belonged there.

I did my best to put together a protective tight outfit, including black pants over top of a black body suit, as well as a holster belt, that I stole from Ross' wardrobe.

I tightened it well, and grabbed a few things to place into it, like pepper spray, a stun gun and practical pen. They were all almost hidden in the tiny pockets. All safety things I carried with orders of Ross.

When I went downstairs, I had to walk in the living room to get to the door.

To my luck... Mer was sitting on the couch, and saw me immediately.

She looked up, and her eyes went wide "Damnnn.. you look hot. Where are you going?"

"Uh.." I didn't want to alarm her too, so I just shrugged.. thinking exactly what activity this outfit would match "paintball?"

Really? How the fuck would that make sense?

"Alone?" she furrowed her eyebrows "Wasn't your stomach hurting? Mom is done with the food by the way. She went to bed."

I didn't have a lot of time in my hands right now, but Mer wanted to have an entire conversation.

I tapped my food, shaking my head "I like going alone. I need to-"

"Laura" she spoke up, sitting up now "Is everything alright?"

I shut my eyes, puffing out a sigh "Fuck"

"Where's Ross?" was her next question. She was tying it together.

I had no time to come up with dumb excuses, so I gave in.

"I don't know" I admitted "He said he called in a work meeting but he's not there and there was this fight that would happen and now I'm scared he's at the bar because his phone is there. I'm not sure but I have this fucking feeling-"

"Hey" she shook my shoulders, eyes widen "He's okay, alright? Ross knows how to take care of himself. Even though we get scared, he always comes out alright."

"It's different this time Mer." I narrowed my eyebrows, shaking my head "It's not drugs or money, it's a fucking duel."

"What?" she seemed shocked.

"I need to go."

"Laur-"

"I can't not do anything." I whispered, now holding back tears.

She stared at me for a minute, before nodding "Fine. I'm coming with you."

Like clockwork, we heard the cries of Guppy from the baby monitor.

She stared down at it.

"Stay with the kids." I shook my head, running to the kitchen to pick up a knife and sticking it in the belt "I don't have time."

"Laura-" she spoke up "You can't just go alone! They'll chew you up!"

"I have to." I opened the door, staring back at her "I'm apart of this now."

"Be careful. If you don't return I'm calling the police- I don't care that Ross gets caught. We'll prove him innocent" she insisted.

"Just don't tell Stormie for now." I shook my head, before running done the stairs.

Absolutely breathless, I threw the knife on the passenger seat and fiddled with the keys on the car, before starting the car.

My mind felt insane, blurry, and erratic. I could practically feel the hole in my chest, as I looked back down at my phone to see nothing but calls from Camille. She had my location as well, so I'd be okay.

I couldn't cry. After all, I wasn't sure of my assumptions yet, but whatever he had to lie me for.. I had to stay strong.

The time hit about 1:30 am when I arrived to Gash Gamble.

I got off the car, searching for the place with my eyes.. but there was no shiny sign that mentioned the name.

I rechecked the location, and he indeed was still here... but where?

I shivered in the cold, leaving out a deep breath as I kept up a walk around the area... when I noticed there was a line of people, mostly men, in front of this weird alleyway.

I didn't want to get close and discover for myself that I wasn't supposed to be there, so instead, I stood to the side of the building.

There was a buff, tattoo filled man, checking them in one by one.

Then I noticed it... over his head, there was a small sign.

Gash Gamble

I almost wished this wasn't the place. It seemed absolutely terrifyingly unsafe. Even the alleyway smelled like cigarettes, drugs and alcohol.

My hands were shaking, so I wrapped them around myself, looking up at the sky.. looking for the courage I needed.

Hot tears streamed down my face, as I couldn't get myself to make my presence known, but I couldn't make myself leave either.

I was stupidly in love with this man, and I knew.. he'd be mad that I even drove all the way here, but sometimes... just sometimes, he needed help too.

I wanted to see him, stop whatever he was doing. I needed to be there and pull him away.

I couldn't bare with the thought of losing him, and for fuck's sake, the more I stood here the more I thought of the absolute worst.

What if... what if, that conversation in the car was the last of him? What if, his tears had been been a warning sign, crying about more than our baby.

My heart hurt at the thought. He couldn't do that to me. Why didn't he say something? Why did he lie to me, saying it was a week?

I needed him.

And I was sure.. now, he needed me.

I probably seemed insane compared to who I was before him. I probably was.

I didn't expect that I'd be in a place, where I was willing to sacrifice anything, even my life, to see him again.

But if nothing, I just needed to try.

So I gathered myself up, convincing myself I belonged there. It's where I was supposed to be, as I created my excuse to get in.

Wiping away my tears, I put on my poker face... a face I promised myself I wouldn't break, until somehow, I got inside that hellish bar.

So.. I turned the corner, like it was the easiest thing in the world.

As I walked to the line, I felt eyes on me. They knew of my presence now.. there was no turning back.

But I looked straight ahead to my target, that was now.. the guy checking everyone in.

Ignoring the howling behind me, I walked up to the front of the line, facing him.

"Back of the line" he yelled harshly.

The cigarette and heroin smell was stronger here. It smelled like something died around here..

I couldn't let myself imagine why that was.

"Unfortunately that's not going to happen. I'm the performer." I spoke up, confidently looking up at him.

I'd chosen well to go with heeled boots, as they gave me a bit more confidence in my height of firmness.

I practiced that same firmness very well at work, every single day. I'd learned young that confidence and how you carried yourself was the first thing that showed when you spoke to anyone.

If I could keep myself together now, that would be a win.

"Listen sugar- I wouldn't want to ruin a face like yours. We've got enough prostitutes in here. Run. " he pointed at the back.

Clearly, I was stupid for not actually listening to him. This was my warning. I needed to run. I believed him, and yet I stayed put.

I was convinced Ross was in there, and I needed to get to him.

"You surely seem confident for someone who could be chopped up simply for the way you're referring to me." I spit out.

I had to play the part. No fear. I had to be void of emotion.. a blank slate.

Come on Laura.

"Oh yeah?" he hawld in laughter, and so did a few men standing by him "By your tiny doll hands? Seriously, run away kitty. This is my last warning"

"Oh I can, and I'll make sure Ross Lynch knows your exact words." I nod, turning around to act as if I was about to leave.

"If he's alive by the end of this match." he snorts, and I turn to look at him "And why would the god of Red Circle Association be in any way familiar to you?"

My heart stopped at the mention of the match. Now I had confirmation. He was in there.

And the fact that he was asking of my connection to him, was good. He was curious...

"I'm apart of the Red Circle Association." I spoke up.

Fucking hell, the lies coming out of my mouth were surprising even to me.

"Ross Lynch asked for my presence. If, that's right, as you mentioned it.. he's alive by the end of tonight, you'll answer to him. If he isn't, you'll answer the rest of the gang that I also have connections with."

Perhaps Ross' fearlessness and threats towards these types of men had taught me a thing or two. It wasn't by means anything good, but it would work well for tonight.

"Why should I believe you?" he furrowed his brows, seeming a bit unsure now.

"You can choose not to." I shrugged "It's up to you if you want to risk it love."

He stared at me, even stopped going through people and letting them in, to think it through.

As he turned slightly, he yelled "Hey D! Get the fuck over here."

My eyes widen slightly, when I noticed that familiar face again, peek from inside.

Fuck.

Devon? He was in there? Fucking Devon of all the members?

Sure as hell, his face fully showed as he came outside.

I felt like a deer in headlights, as his eyes fell on mine, absolutely exposing me.

He was going to screw me over... and not for the first time either.

"Do you know this woman? She's saying she's part of the association." he called out.

He seemed surprised to see me here, but that initial shock, seem to turn into amusement fast.

"Never seen her face in my life man."

☽。⋆.

The purpose of this chapter was to test Laura, and see how far she'd be willing to go into Ross' world, to save him from it.

His darkness is seeping into her, and she's welcoming it.

But that's just the beginning. I wonder how she's gonna get out of this on the next chapter? And what do we think of Ross? Should he have told her or disappeared like he did?

Anyway, I'm so so glad to update. I hope this chapter is interesting and I can't wait to write the next one ❤️ hoping to finish this book after 2-3 more chapters :)

I never realized, but I started this book back in 2022 !!!!!

We are in 2024?? WILD

It's been a journey 😭 but thank you for sticking by me. I love you so so much.

Please comment and vote if you liked this chapter, and I'll see you soon huns 🩷

_G

60 votes and 58 comments required for next chapter!

follow my book's Instagram page for more updates!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

728K 21.3K 62
Highest rank #146 fanfiction/ #312 Romance Ross lynch was always the guy who girls fall inlove with, laura marano was always the girl to come for lov...
6.5K 253 17
HIGHEST RANKS ~ #2 in raurafanfiction (08/19/2021) God, I wish that you had thought this through before I went and fell in love with you. ~ "What if...
476K 8.8K 32
"I'm going to see you again, Laur." Ross says as his eyes close and he falls into a deep dark sleep. A sleep that he might not even wake up from...
167K 4.2K 40
"He leaned in and slowly closed his eyes, his lips were now so close to mine, I could feel his warm breathe." It was at Laura's first R5 concert. Out...