Mind Reader

By tomoesleftcheek

Matthew James was always known to be the quiet boy, hot, talk handsome you name it. He hangs out with a group... More

Mind Reader
playlist
Prologue
Chapter-one
chapter-two
Chapter-three
chapter-four
chapter-five
chapter-six
chapter-seven
chapter-eight

chapter-nine

366 13 2
By tomoesleftcheek

After a long day of work, went back to my brothers house. He wasn't home so I just entered, right with the key he gave me.

I opened the door to my room. On my bed was flowers, daisies. I couldn't help but feel like a school girl as I read the letter.

"To That woman, Nsuku:

I went through a lot to even get this into your room, but that's not the point. The point is that I'm startng to really think African women are it. Or maybe it's just you but dayum that ass didn't make its self.

Nsuku, would you be my date to the upcoming Irene Cara concert or maybe Etta James. I knew how much of a freak you where for these kinds of artists. It's giving grandma darling.
But yes, you can't really say no, I bought the tickets, picked out a dress for you, you never wear heels but I got them anyways for you. There's a theme by the way, 60s"

My eyes where bulging, a date? Haibo  he can take himself out to a date. But it's The Etta James, I wouldn't miss a chance to see her sing At Last, or I'd Rather Go Blind.

It's not like I can buy my own tickets anyways. One is like 600 dollars. Ah, in South Africa it's probably like 2k.

I put the flowers in water and sat on my bed, contemplating his offer. 60's? So that a bunch of old white people must stare and point at me for being with a white man?

I sighed, getting my speaker and connecting to it, then playing stormy weather by Etta James.

I smiled  and changed. And I realized that the retard didn't even give me a date number or where he'll be meeting me.

Maybe he was waiting for my response first. I rolled my eyes, getting my laptop since I didn't have his number.

"To Matthew James:

You know if it was any thing else I'd say no, you used your brain for a change. But yes, I'll go with you. Not for you but for the concert. But 60's? Monkey how do you even organize these?

That's not the point. The point is that it's a yes"

I clicked send  and put my laptop away. If I don't move away right now, this man Is gonna ruin my life.

I looked around, a nail in my mouth. My eyes found their way to the pretty white flowers and the letter set  up against the vase.

I decided to get some paper work done so I did just that. Adjusting all the notes I took today.

Thinking about some of the patients situations. I paused and connected my phone to my speaker.

The first song that came up from the shuffle list was 'I just died' by Amerie. To be honest, I'd let that man fuck me to this song.

I paused at my thoughts, did I just say, I mean think that?

I scratched my head, impulsive thought always get in my way, of course I don't want that to happen badly.

I vibed to the RnB song occasionally humming as I marked the registration list for all the patients.

I sang with the back round singers. Repeating 'I just died, in your arms' sounded weird as hell so I stopped and stuck to humming.

I looked at my pink hello kitty calendar. My birthday was in 4 days. The 24th of September.

I smiled to my self, feeling a bit old. After a while of zonin out and  working I got a call.

I answered the unknown number, and for some reason I felt a bit like scared you know? It was so random that I didn't mind it.

"Hello? " I spoke into my mic.

I waited a few seconds, for a response but all I got in return was breathing, heavy breathing.

I frowned, getting chills I dropped the call. I looked at the number, well there wasn't really a number it just said the words 'unknown'.

I scratched my head, getting sketchy vibes. I hung up and continued checking out the lists.

After that, I went on my phone, distracted. Drama about Drake, Nicki, Megan. You know the usual.

I went through a few articles, one came up about the up rising coloured South African woman, Tyla.

To us who knew her before she got internationally famous need a piece of cake. I continued scrolling, controversial bullshit about whether she's black or not.

I rolled my eyes, if only they actually came to South Africa to see actual colored people.

I heard a car arriving so I stood up, putting my phone on the white bed sheets and slightly opened the curtains, it was Dru's car.

I closed them back up and layed on the bed, sleep was eating me alive. I checked the time, 10pm just a few more minutes.

I pushed as I continued marking off the list of patients, as in who came and who didn't, making new files for some who had contacted me.

My eye twitched as I typed. I finished 20 minutes later and put my phone and Macbook on charger.

I had once learnt that, no matter how tired you are, don't forget to put your phone on the charger.

Next morning I was supposed to wake up at 5 but I woke up at 6 . Oh well.

I yawned and stretched, I was so lazy, so much that I don't even wanna get outta bed.

I sat up and yawned again, I looked for my phone, to check all the messages and time again.

I scratched my head, my phone was at 2 percent. I swore I had charged it the night before.

I looked at the plug, my cords weren't even connected.

I groaned and opened my laptop, it was dead.

I frowned and quickly put everything on charge then quickly went to go take a bath, by seven I was out.

I started my car and soon I was passing that building.

I got to work, it's my free day off but I quickly wanted to finish a few paper works.

I walked past the receptionist, and waved. She saw me and looked away. I shrugged and walked down the hallway. Passing by my boss, I smiled and greeted.

"Morning boss" I greeted, but cringed inside, I don't even know what to call him I've never called him boss.

The young tall man grinned, his pink lips stretching. His lanky long fingers touched my shoulder.

"Ah, morning to you too Nsuku. In fact, I was just looking for you" he spoke, a light yet deep voice.

I nodded, though my mind was somewhere else.

"There's a ball tonight, actually a prize giving. All the medical center doctors, nurses, therapists, psychologists. You know, all of them are invited to the prize giving. Starts 6pm, ends 10pm"  he said and smiled one more time before walking off.

I groaned, unlocking my door to my office.

Fuck.

I was planning on watching the vampire diaries and squirting to Damon Salvatore. But I guess, no more of that.

I put my laptop bag down and charged my laptop and phone since they didn't charge enough at home.

I heard something through the call line on my table, it sounded like my bosses voice, I needed to ask him for the dress code anyways.

I presses on the button and he was speaking to someone else.

It was another language, think it was French. I scratched my neck.

Something felt off. Yes for 5 years I lived with a Congolese family.

Mind you, lingala, Swahili and French is spoken in congo. Well French is the main language.

But to top it off, I knew when something bad was spoken in French.

I was snooping too deep. I switched off the call line, kicking the bad feeling away.

I looked at the time, it was almost 9:30.

I quickly took out the papers and started signing.

After an hour or so I got up, locked up my office and left, the whole center.

I drove to the mall, to buy a few things.

Getting out of the parking lot, I took my bag with me, with my car keys and shit.

Walking into the mall, I was immediately greeted with air conditioning.

I walked into a food store and got a cart.

I walked around to the fruit side and put a bunch of stuff into the cart.

Then over to the bread side, I bought croissants and garlic bread.

Over to the meet side I bought chicken livers and hearts.

I paid and walked back to my car. The mall wasn't really full but there where a lot of teens roaming around.

Apparently vaping was a thing now, I sighed and put the things into my car.

I thought like my mom. You'd never catch her dead next to a cigarette, let alone 'harmless' smoke coming out of a tin can.

I put the cart to the side and got into my car.

Switching it on, I switched on the radio too. It was Saturday, of course the jazzy songs where playing.

Between the sheets by the Isley brothers was playing. Doja cat had sampled the sound.

Maybe I knew too much about music. I hummed as I drove past that building again.

"While making love, between the sheets " I sang and tapped the steering wheel.

I checked the time, it was 5pm. My eyes widened as I started to drive faster.

That prize giving shwiz was at 6pm.

Once I got home I put all the groceries on the table and quickly went to take a shower.

I forgot to ask for the damn dress code. I'd be damned if I came in a black dress and everyone was wearing white.

I sighed and quickly did my make up. Which consisted of, a pair of black eyelashes, not too long.

Black lip liner and nude lip gloss to define my pink bottom lip.

I contoured my nose, baked then threw on some highlighter, on my nose and the corners of my eyes.

And grinned and took my eye liner and made little fake beauty marks, above my lips.

Under my eye and at the top of my left eyebrow.

After that, I sprayed setting spray all over my face and put on a  gold-ish satin dress.

I got my black purse and put in pepper spray, gum, a make up brush and lip gloss and my phone.

I jumped from my bed and ran to my car. It was 5:42 and I saw that he sent the location.

I started my car and drove to the venue.

◯◯◯◯◯◯◯◯◯◯☻◯◯◯◯◯◯◯◯◯◯

Heyy y'all👴🏿😰🙆🏾‍♀️
I've been sleeping a lot lately
Sleep is nice tho🤷🏾‍♀️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 8.2K 43
I looked down at my freshly painted acrylic nails. My heart was racing and my palms were sweating. Although I was having a good time. It was time for...
598 158 29
I only ever met one man I'd call truly noble. He was a man who was misunderstood and worthy of the world, yet everyone saw him differently. That was...
691 53 33
"Uhm, Josh. What are you d-doing?" I stuttered out. "Hmm? What am I doing?" he asked me, faking his oblivion. "Let go of me," I said, ignoring his qu...
17.3K 582 40
When my father left my mother and me for a better life, I was devastated and naively thought my life couldn't get any worse. How wrong I was. My new...