The God's Game

By Rathilluser

"I'm dying" Raven lamented. "only a kiss of true love can save me " "Best I can do is a high five of semi- co... More

Author Welcomes You All
CHARACTER INDEX
Map of four kingdoms
Prologue
Chapter 1 - The story starts with a royal banquet.
Chapter 2 - Meet River Verlice;the locked up princess.
Chapter 3- The Princess is cursed?
Chapter 4 - Meet Ayla Yearwood!
Chapter 5 - The Princess goes to the royal banquet
Chapter 6- Meet the Verlices!
Chapter 7 - Princess meets the tryant King!
Chapter 8- Princess meets the tryant King 2
Chapter 9- Marriage proposal gone terribly wrong!!
Chapter 10 -Holy cow ! The princess is kidnapped !!
Chapter 11- How to plan a successful kidnap under a minute
Chapter 12 - Tryant King's adventure
Chapter 13 - Princess and the King make a deal!
Chapter 14- Welcome to Saltstand tax office !
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 -Tryant King buys shoes
River explains
North Strikes Back
North strikes back 2
Malia
Lou Lou
Werth Citadel
Solina Wendigo
Wolfram Shculz
Teleportation
usurper pt 1
usurper pt 2
Abandoned
River goes to West
Einar Ashford
River becomes a disciple
Serpant Sigil
Wesown Avalanche
Chambers and Secrets
Breakfast
Friends
Sacrifice
Betrayal
Then ,I will kill for you
Then, I will kill for you 2
Soul Retriever
Rescue
Drown
Reunion
Wolfram Explains
Hair
North strikes ,again
crew mates
Doing God's work.
Mornings
Storm
Storm 2
Dawn after storm
Author has an announcement
tea
Welcome to Frostgate
Beach
Date
The tale of two monsters
Peanut Pawns 1
peanut pawns 2
Valor Verlice
Sunroom
Cyra Schulz
Accord of Scared Truce
The sigil of twin Forvers
How long can you hold me?
3.5k special! The God's Game behind the scenes!
Book Two- King's Conquest
chapter 1- Welcome to Queensend
chapter 2- Remel
Until I can go with him
Chapter 4- The Legend of Vorine

Words of Wisdom

39 12 33
By Rathilluser

"ACHOOO!"

"Bless you!" Einar called from outside. "There's still dust on the altar "

Arent you abusing your sick privileges, old man?

River grudgingly dusted the alter , inhaling another mouthful of dust.

The Whitlock ancestral hall was located on a more rural side of Wesown, a good few miles away from the city. It was nestled at the foot of a towering mountain ,and remained shrouded in the secrecy of a dense forest.

"How long had it been ? Two years ?" Einar wandered, biting in to an apple .
He sat on a stone bench in shade ,the two hounds at his feet, inhaling food at a blinding rate. He only stopped chewing to swallow or to point out a spot River had missed while cleaning.

"Probably longer" River called out from inside "It seems that dust has claimed sovereignty over this place "

Einar laughed so hard that he started coughing "Im so glad I have a deciple "

"You should ask His Majesty to send someone over to fix this place " River wiped beads of sweat off his forehead as he took in the condition of the hall.

Some of the wooden floor boards were rotten ,there were about tweleve,not so tiny holes on the roof,and two of six wooden pillars looked awefully close to collapsing.

"Nah" Einar peeled an orange. It seemed to be one of his hungry days, today. "I cant bother him with mundane tasks like this. He has a kingdom to rule"

After dusting , River fetched water from a nearby creek and washed the floor while Einar took each tablet off the walls and wiped them sqeaky clean.

River stopped vigorously wiping down the floor boards to take a breather and something odd caught his eye. It was the wall to his right and somehow it felt different from other three walls.

He stared harder,trying to find  what made it stand out him. River looked at the wall to his left and again at this wall a couple times before he realized that these memorial tablets were much less worn out .

He walked up to the wall ,which held about sixty ebony tablets and read the top one.

In memory of Kaya Whitlock
May the West God guide her soul in after life.
1028 ,second full moon

He read the next one...the next one..and the next...all the way to the bottom row.

A shiver ran down his spine as he realized about sixty two members of West Whitlock clan had died on the same day, 22 years ago.

"What are you staring at ?" Einar called next to him ,making him jump out of his skin.

"They all died ..on the same day?"

Einar's dark brown eyes scanned the wall. It was hard to say what kind of feeling was behind them . " Mmh..they were killed "

River felt his eyes going wide . Killed ? Why ? By whom ?

22 years ago..how old was Einar back then ?fifteen ? Younger ?River thought back on how worried Einar was about Whitlock craftsmanship dying with him ..

"You..are the last Whitlock .."

Einar gave him a small smile. He reminded River of Ayla Yearwood. How she would smile when she talked about her dead sisters .

"They were good people " he sighed "They did not deserve this "

River's eyes fell on the memorial tablet at the very bottom. That one particular tablet was empty, with no engravings on it.

"Is this here by a mistake ?" River wandered.

"That's my aunt's"

River furrowed his brows in profound confusion "I thought you said that she was a legendary warrior "

"I cant remember her that well" Einar coughed "I was very young ..I remember that she had the prettiest blue eyes.."

Einar giggled "Like yours ..but perhaps a little lighter? She had my grandma's eyes "

"My mother forged her a sword ..she was really young ..barely twenty ...but not even three grown men could restrain her on the battlefield "

"You admired her ?"

"Everyone did " Einar laughed dryly "She was the pride and joy of the clan . A prodigy. "

"What happened ?"

"One day," Einar sighed "She turned the sword we forged for her on us "

River stared at Einar , mouth slightly hanging open .  How is this man talking about the massacre of his clan like he is talking about the weather?

"It's weird " He turned away and went to sit in a corner,like he could not stand the sight of the wall anymore " When I woke up that day I had a big ,happy family of grandparents,cousins ..parents..when I went to sleep that same day.."

Einer stared at a hole in the roof , like it was the most interesting thing in the world . " Life is a funny little thing"

"What happened to her ? Why would she do something like that?"

"That's what I would like to know " Einar shook his head . "She ran away? She could still be alive and well somewhere "

" Dont you want to find her ?" River asked in disbelief .

"And what?"

"Dont you have questions you want to ask her ? Dont you want revenge ?"

Einar laughed again, the sound echoing through the wooden hall like hundred silver bells ringing in harmony . He laughed like life has been kind to him . He laughed like he has never been wronged and he knew no suffering .

"You younglings are so dramat- " He coughed violently and had to pause to catch his breath.

"There was a time when I wanted to hunt her down and take her life. There was a time when that thought  consumed my every waking moment "

Einar smiled at him ,his sunken eyes sparkling under sun light. "Then I found I might not live to see another day "

River gazed at his hollowed cheeks and protruding collarbones. He could probably count every single bone on his body. He swallowed down a lump in his throat .

"But then again , isnt it so for everyone ?" He fidgeted with his walking stick . It was thicker than his forearm.

"I found peace in that thought. No matter how you look at it, life is way too short to waste on revenge "

" what if .." River gulped thick " what if you had the chance ? "

" I will not take it " Einar shook his head. "I trust god , I trust that he is fair. I believe  that it is not my job to deliver justice "

Master , enligten me on your noble ways of living !!!

"She will pay her debt ,wheather I see it or not . Thats the way of gods . That's the way of world "

Einar struggled to his feet ,all smiles and coughs "If I get another day, I can forge another sword . If I get another year ..I'll get to see Emby growing up. If I get few more years Ill get to see Emby wielding the sword I made for him. "

He shrugged like he was talking about a minor inconvenience " So its all good"

He pulled his robe up his shoulder " Consider this my greatest words of wisdom ,River. Never waste your life on revenge. Its never worth it.Trust in god.God is  kind. god is fair.."

River repeated with him.

"Gods make no flaws"

Author has something to say

Thank you allll for reading my story ! I appreciate it more than you can imagine !!

Comment any ideas you have !! I look forward to them.

Dont forget to drop a vote !

Author has plans tomorrow .She is going to touch some grass . So no update tomorrow !!!

Einar - Hey Kai,can you get me a drink?

Kai -* looking up from his work * what do you want?

Einar - something as dark as my unforgiving soul

Kai-* brings in a glass of milk *

Einar - I feel insulted

Kai -you should

(Prompt from pinterest)

Narin

Einar Ashford

Kaizer Schulz

Wolfram Schulz

Ember Schulz

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

216 1 40
The heir to a criminal empire must deal with his father's terminal illness, raising his siblings alone, falling in love, and the excrutiatingly painf...
80.9K 6.4K 37
Lord Tanden is finally free. Free from his family's obligations, free to sail around the world, free to explore. It's all he's ever wanted, to be all...
34.2K 876 15
Seventeen years old Sam Adams doesn't do well with people. He prefers staying home on the weekends and staying away from parties. He has only one fri...
22.9K 5.4K 92
|πŸ‘π± 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐃| In this touching coming of age drama, π’π€πŒπ”π„π‹ goes through life in search of answers that no one can supply him with. Wh...