The Act|| Tarasia

By rosalynwrites

When the cameras cut, the scenes not captured by the lens are what the people really want to see. When the li... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty One
Chapter Fourty Two
Chapter Fourty Three
Chapter Fourty Four
Chapter Fourty Five
Chapter Fourty Six
Chapter Fourty Seven
Chapter Fourty Eight
Chapter Fourty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two(New Edition)
Chapter Seventy Three(New Edition)
Chapter Seventy Four
Chapter Seventy Five
Chapter Seventy Six
Chapter Seventy Seven
Chapter Seventy Eight
Chapter Seventy Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty One
Chapter Eighty Two
Chapter Eighty Three
Chapter Eighty Four
Chapter Eighty Five
Chapter Eighty Six
Chapter Eighty Seven
Chapter Eighty Eight
Chapter Eighty Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety One
Chapter Ninety Two
Chapter Ninety Three
Chapter Ninety Four
Chapter Ninety Five
Chapter Ninety Six
Chapter Ninety Seven
Chapter Ninety Eight
Chapter Ninety Nine
Chapter One Hundred
Chapter One Hundred-One
Chapter One Hundred-Two
Chapter One Hundred-Three
Chapter One Hundred-Four
Chapter One Hundred-Five
Chapter One Hundred-Six
The Wedding
The Wedding: Part 2

Chapter Twelve

1.3K 79 14
By rosalynwrites

Fantasia's POV

Kendall ended up having to cancel our date because of something that came up at his job, so I decided to text Taraji and let her know that I could hang out with her after all. When she didn't answer the five text messages I had sent her, I called her. When my call went straight to voicemail, I called Dani and asked her if she had spoken to Taraji, but she said that she hadn't heard from her. I figured that maybe she was just napping or doing something important, but I called her one last time just to make sure. This time, she finally did answer.

Fantasia: Hey, T. If you're not busy we can-

I was cut off by the sound of banging, followed by a scream that I knew belonged to Taraji, and a booming voice that sounded like it belonged to a man. I was so startled by it that I fully jumped up off of the couch. My eyebrows pushed together in confusion and fear as I called Taraji's name over and over again, but all I heard in return was movement. I never once heard her voice. Something is very wrong. I went back and forth in my mind, wandering if I should call the police, just go check on her myself, or both. Calling the police might draw attention that Taraji doesn't want, but if something really is wrong then the police will be much needed. I couldn't just sit around waiting for the perfect plan to come to me while Taraji was potentially in danger, so I just cleared my head and got into my car. Whatever is going on with her, we can figure it out together. I just hope I'm not too late.

From the outside of her house, nothing seemed to be wrong. No windows were broken into, and her car was the only vehicle in the driveway. It appeared that she was alone, but looks can be dangerously deceiving. I rang the doorbell until my finger hurt from pressing down, but nobody answered. Panic quickly set in, and I began to pound on the door. There was still no response. Think, Tasia, think! I'm a stroke of genius, I lifted her welcome mat up and found what I was looking for. I used the spare key to open the door. I tiptoed inside, looking around every corner with every timid step that I took.

Fantasia: Raj, it's me, Tasia. I just came by to check on you because you weren't answering your phone. Are you ok? Raj?

The only response to me calling out her name was the soft echo of my own voice. The worst thoughts were racing through my mind. I wrapped my arms around myself, suddenly feeling cold. It felt wrong walking through her house like this, like I was overstepping a major boundary. Everything was in perfect order. It was almost as if I had just imagined Taraji screaming on the phone. I slowly ascended the stairs, my hand gripping the banister so hard that my knuckles faded to white. Her bedroom door was wide open. When I walked in, I found her with her back turned to me as she was staring at herself in her body mirror. She was only wearing her bra and panties. Her state of undress allowed me to see the fresh bruises on her spine and the back of her thighs. Her face was even worse, as if whoever did this to her was trying to kill her confidence. Looking at her, the only thing that came to mind was Rihanna's face after Chris Brown. She was stitching up her own busted eyebrow with a needle and a thread. I just stood there, too stunned to move or speak. I guess I was too late after all.

Taraji: Why are you here? I didn't want anyone to see me like this.

Fantasia: Y-You weren't answering your phone for the longest time, and when you finally did...Taraji, who did this to you?

When I stepped towards her to comfort her, her words stopped me in my tracks, her voice razor-sharp and cutting through the thick air like a blade.

Taraji: Stop. Don't come any closer. You should just go.

Fantasia: I'm not going to leave you like this. We should be calling the police.

Taraji: No! Absolutely not. No cops, period! I don't want my home to turn into a media circus. Nobody needs to see me like this.

Fantasia: That's crazy, and you know it! The man who did this to you needs to be behind bars so that he can't do it again.

Taraji: What makes you think it was a man? I fell.

Fantasia: Bullshit, Taraji! Why are you fucking playing?! This isn't a game, look at your face!

Taraji: I fell down the stairs. It's a long flight of stairs.

Her nonchalance was frustrating me. It scared me how calm she was being. The quietest, calmest people are usually on the verge of a breakdown. Taraji is in complete denial. I fast-blinked back tears, daring to take another step towards her.

Taraji: I said stay away! Stop looking at me. I look so ugly.

Fantasia: You need to go to the hospital. We can go together. I'll stay with you.

Taraji: No, you'll stay away like I said. You were right when you said that nobody would ever think that I've been abused, and I want it to stay that way.

Fantasia: You'll never heal properly if you don't seek medical attention.

Taraji: I've patched myself up enough to make it look professional. No doctors, and no police. Why are you even still here?

Fantasia: Because I'm your friend.

I managed to sneak up close enough to rub her shoulder. She winced in pain, causing me to apologize immediately. She jerked away from me, keeping her focus on the mirror. I know that she's just trying to ice me out so that I won't have to see her at her weakest and most vulnerable, but I'm not going anywhere.

Fantasia: Did he...?

Taraji: I don't know. I passed out, and I don't know how long I was out.

Fantasia: You need to get a rape kit. I know that it's the last thing you want to do-

Taraji: You're right, it is, so I won't do it.

Fantasia: Taraji, you need-

Taraji: Stop telling me what the fuck I need! You don't even fucking know me! You don't know shit about me, so who are you to tell me what the fuck I need?!

Fantasia: Stop fucking trying to hurt me just because you're hurt! I'm here for you and I'm not going anywhere, so build a bridge and get the fuck over it Taraji!

My vocal cords were straining from all the yelling. Taraji fell silent, her expression cold and hard like a stone. Shit is getting so intense, and I've only known her for a week. As crazy as it sounds, I feel like this means we're going to be really close really soon. I can see so much of myself in her. She goes hard when she's passionate about something, just like I do, but she also knows when to be soft and compassionate. Just like me.

Taraji: I thought that I was going to die today.

A single tear slid down her cheek as she met my eyes in the reflection of the mirror.

Fantasia: You're still here.

Taraji: Would I be ungrateful for asking why?

Fantasia: No. You would be human.

She turned around to face me for the first time, like she was meeting me all over again. I opened my arms to her and she fell into them, sobbing on my shoulder. Tears of my own began to roll down my face as I held her tightly. I ignored how electrifying it felt to have her half-naked body pressing into me. She's so beautiful, it's breaking my heart to see her like this. I can't even get her the help she needs because she's afraid of the media storm that the attention will cause. I can understand that, nobody wants their horror story blasted to the world. All I can do is hold her like I'm holding her now, and never let go.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 374 12
what happens if their secrets come to light?
7.2K 450 12
Small Tarasia stories in one. Love, admiration, heartbreak, regret, forgiveness.
53.7K 2K 24
Love catches you when you least expect it and for them they meet when they needed to. Enjoy as I take you on a journey exploring a love so deep you b...
23.4K 1.4K 26
How can one stay away when our hearts are intertwined? A tarasia fanfic