Trails of intertwined stars:...

By Hikari_Michaelis

A young lord, his demon butler and his demon daughter's soulmate board a luxury cruise ship to investigate cl... More

~Prologue~
~Chapter I: How it Became~
~Chapter II: The Midford's~
~Chapter III: April 19th~
~Chapter IV: Aurora Society~
~Chapter V: Coffins~
~Chapter VI: The Demon That Fateful Day~
~Chapter VII: Ryan~
~Chapter VIII: A Maiden's Bloody and Torn Voyage~
~Chapter IX: Hit and Wounded~
~Chapter XI: Lady Elizabeth Midford~
~Chapter XII: A Mutual Agreement~
~Chapter XIII: The Viscount of Vanity~
~Chapter XIV: Glass Rain~
~Chapter XV: The Undertaker~
~Chapter XVI: Rabbit Hunt~
~Chapter XVII: The First Cinematic Record of Michaelis~
~Chapter XVIII: The Second Cinematic Record of Michaelis~
~Chapter XIX: The Final Cinematic Record of Michaelis~
~Chapter XX: Mourning Lockets~
~Chapter XXI: Finale~

~Chapter X: A Veritable Parade of the Impossible~

8 0 0
By Hikari_Michaelis

Sebastian ran through the corridor, trying to locate the stairs, and fast. In an elevator, men thrashed the locked bars with cries.
"The water's risin' from down below! Please, let us up!"
"We're bein' attacked by strange creatures!"
"Let us out!"
"Open 'er up!"
The men in the corridor frowned," From here on's the first-class deck! Please turn back!"
"So just 'cos we're not flush, you're tellin' us to die!?"
"We can't hold them back anymore, sir!"
"Don't let them up, no matter what! Doing so will only heighten the panic above!"
Sebastian rushed past the commotion, running straight to the first-class hall, where the zombies had also managed to break in.
"L-look!" An old man trembled at the zombies," Here's a cheque! You can live in luxury when you're back on land!"
The zombies groaned, trudging closer to him, hungrily. The old man noticed Sebastian rushing past.
"Hey! You there! Servant!"
Sebastian stopped, glancing back at him with a raised brow.
"If you save me!" The old man shrieked," I'll...give this to y-!"
The old man was cut off, a zombified carriage driver, made of bones; with black steeds rushed through the old man with a cackle. Sebastian watched as it carried the old man away, not even fazed as the carriage zoomed past him, making his hair billow.
Sebastian glanced behind himself," I must hurry below."

Guests in the first class longue struggled to fend off zombies, using the chairs and tables.
"Let's go lower the lifeboats!"
"But those things are out ther-!"
The carriage zoomed past them, cackling as he charged down the hallway, the door was knocked off its hinges, letting the zombies stumble in.
"W-We're done for!"
"Do not abandon hope!" A voice cried.
Earl Grey and Phipps swooped in, Earl Grey with his usual smirk, compared to Earl Phipps with his stern gaze. They stood, backs pressed together, ready to attack.
"This is Lord Diavolo's newest toy," Earl Grey sighed.
Earl Phipps nodded," And Barbatos swore us to protect Lord Diavolo's treasures."
The two lunged forward, ready to skewer the zombies into lumps of mess and blood.
"Long live Devildom!" They roared, charging into action, " Long live Lord Diavolo!"

"Good," Grell let out an exasperated sigh, glancing around the bloody room," Now we're finished here."
Ronald nodded, checking his notebook," Next up's the third boiler room. We've gotta go five levels down."
"Uggggh! Five levels? What a pain."
Ronald snapped his notebook shut," It's almost time, so let's make it quick."
"All the same," Ronald yawned, as Grell lead, walking with her death scythe propped on her shoulder," What in the world could be making those corpses move, hmmm?"
"No idea," Grell shrugged," That's why we've got orders to look into it, right? By all rights, a body without a soul moving on it's own isn't possible...no...it wasn't possible. At least not in the world that I know."
"I see," Ronald smirked," Then all the more reason a kid like me wouldn't understand!"
"Heyyy!" Grell chided," Are you trying to say I'm a woman past her prime!?"
The two paused, hearing a strange noise. Before it hit them, both figuratively and literally, they leapt out the way; the carriage charging down the corridor; manic.
"WHAT THE HECK IS THAT!?" Ronald roared," Horses!? HOW'S THAT EVEN POSSIBLE!?"
Grell grinned," This place is a veritable parade of the 'impossible'."
As the carriage swooped past them, the two dug their death scythes into; watching it cleanly cut into two bloodied halfs.
"Hmm, not bad!" Grell giggled, manically," This is hardly the time to be playing good little girls at the village fair! Let's get our motors running and head to the next one, kid!"

Snake glanced around the overflooded room, unsure what to do. He wanted to help the others, but he was trapped.
"This way, laddie!" The worker called," Quick!"
"Where's Ryan?...Asks Oscar."
Snake jumped, hearing the sound of the whirring of cogs and metal grinding. Whilst they were distracted, Ryan had made his escape, locking himself in the elevator.
"HEYYY, WAIT-!!!...Says Oscar!"
"Ack! You bastard!" The worker seethed at Ryan," You're runnin' for it by yourself!?!"

Nobody was in the second-class dining hall. Malice groaned, trying to hit the air duct vent down, to get into the room. It was stiff.
"Damn thing!" She hissed, Ciel and Lizzie behind her, confused.
Malice took one large swing, the vent lid crashing off its hinges. Unlucky, Malice fell down with it, with a loud cry.
"That-!" Malice squinted, landing," Didn't hurt?"
Malice screeched, met with crimson eyes and a smug yet soft look.
"SEBASTIAN!?"
The way Sebastian cradled Malice was like how you'd cradle a baby, it was humiliating to Malice, to say the least. Sebastian gave a closed eye smile, before looking up at the air vent.
"I apologize for my lack of punctuality on this occasion, Young Master. You three are not hurt, I hope?"
Elizabeth beamed, waving at Sebastian.
Ciel huffed," Stop treating Malice like that before she dies of humiliation."
Sebastian sighed, gently setting Malice down beside him," My apologies, force of habit."
Ciel gently guided himself down from the ventilation, Sebastian swiftly catching him and setting him down. The butler then gently caught Elizabeth.
"What about my family?" Elizabeth asked, as Sebastian pardoned himself for holding Lady Elizabeth in such a manner.

"I believe everyone is alive and well," Sebastian stated, setting her down," I attempted to guide them to safety, but they insisted on rescuing other passengers."
"That sounds like my mother," Elizabeth giggled," If they're all together, they should be all right. Thank you, Sebastian!"
"You are most welcome, My Lady."
Ciel sneezed. Sebastian blinked, startled, before gently slipping off his waistcoat.
"Here, Young Master," Sebastian hummed," Take this."
"I don't need it," Ciel scowled," The tails will drag behind me."
Sebastian frowned," But if your body is chilled through, your cough--"
"Don't bring that up now!"
Sebastian glanced at Malice," Very well, sir."
Instead of putting his waistcoat on, Sebastian swiftly set it on Malice's shoulders, tying it into a tight knot.
"Oi!" Malice yelped, trying to tug the knot loose," I don't want it!"
Sebastian grabbed her firmly by the cheeks, glaring at her, sternly," If you insist on being stubborn, then I will allow you to only wear it for ten minutes, minimum. Do you understand?"
Malice stared at him, taken aback. She hesitated, before slowly nodding in a reluctant agreement. Sebastian sighed, relinquishing her, Malice pouted; rubbing her cheeks.
"Come," Sebastian turned to the other two," They have begun to ready the lifeboats. Let us hurry back to the deck and--"

Sebastian flinched, glaring up above them. A hole had been drilled out from the ceiling and two familiar figures came crashing down. The red haired one grinned, looking up as the smoke parted.
"Hunk...sighted!" She giggled.
"You," Sebastian seethed.
"Grell Sutcliff!" Ciel gasped.
"Hiiiiii~!" Grell giggled, rubbing her legs together," It's been absolutely ages, Sebastian darling! Being reunited here, it must be fate~!"
Sebastian scowled, bitterly," It's simply coincidence."
Malice blinked, startled. Ronald was with Grell, so that meant Grell was a grim reaper too? Why was she so... flirtatious to Sebastian?
Grell squealed, blushing," Ahhhn~! Cold as ice, you are! But that side of you is always so divinely mysterious~!"
Ronald sighed, deflating," Oh boy... he's found him...Mr Sutcliff, sir! Don't forget we still have the trivial matter of soul collecting."
Grell growled, spinning around to face his coworker," RONALD! You should have told me sooner if you knew that Sebastian darling was here! Then I could've gone all out with my makeup!"
"Annnnnd that's exactly why I didn't tell you..."
"Ah, listen here you!"
Taking the opportunity, Sebastian, Malice, Ciel and Elizabeth swiftly tried to escape. Grell immediately noticed, gasping and swinging her death scythe to block their path.

"Hey! That's rude!" Grell huffed," To think you were the type to light a fire in a girl and then cast her aside like that! What a bad man~!"
Sebastian scowled," Please, do not immolate yourself on my account. As we are in something of a hurry, would you be so kind to let us pass?"
"And if I refuse?"
Sebastian's gaze turned stern," We shall force our way through if we must."
"Oooh, yes~! I can't say I dislike an aggressive man~!" Grell squealed, raising her death scythe," So let's have a death match steamier than any paltry love or romance, hmmm!?"
Elizabeth blinked, confused," Who is that man?"
"Just a deviant, My Lady," Sebastian smirked," I recommend you stay away from him, he might be contagious."
Grell scoffed, leaping forward, swinging her death scythe down at him," Well, I never! I'm just speaking honestly from my heart!"
Sebastian dodged, swinging his leg at Grell, who also dodged. Sebastian swung around a pole, landing on the wall so Grell pierced the window. The demon's eyes widened, seeing the window crack.
"Bother!" He hissed.
The water burst through, Grell screaming as her face got assaulted by a whole flood of salty water. Malice, Ciel and Elizabeth also got hit by the blast, toppling away from the heavy force. Ronald swiftly rammed his death scythe at Sebastian, the demon just managing to stop it crushing his head.

"Forgot all about lil old me, didn'tcha?" Ronald grinned.
Sebastian grimaced, shaking as he tried to hold the death scythe still. Ciel gasped in horror, Elizabeth had been thrust to the other end of the room where zombies were approaching.
"LIZZIE!"
Malice grimaced, going to move, but the current was too strong. Ciel yelped in agony, trying to go over.
"My legs-!" Ciel cried, accidentally dropping his gun in agony.
Malice grimaced, swiftly raising her gun, ready to shoot the zombies away. No bullets. Fuck! Elizabeth screamed in horror, staring at the zombies. Sebastian swiftly dodged away from Ronald's hit, running over. Elizabeth trembled, her eyes tear filled.
"I--! I...do so wish I could have stayed cute in front of you...till the very end, Ciel..."
She smiled sadly. Ciel screamed.
"LIZZIE!!!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 171 22
Prince Adrian, soon to be King Adrian, picks a royal bodyguard with whom he has quite the attraction to.
6.6K 160 13
Ciel Phantomhive and his loyal butler Sebastian Michaelis are assigned a new case. A new pirate ship has arrived in London and things don't go as smo...
14.8K 631 16
This is a fictional story about the show black butler/kuroshitsuji. Elizabeth Midford is Ciel Phantomhive's fiancé. He is the head of the Funtom comp...
23.1K 306 19
Title explains what is going on, one of the colorful characters of this universe will be your parent. I don't own Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji that bel...