A Fresh Start (A Lost Cause S...

Por noLmagz

🔞mature warning🔞 Story picks up one month after the events of A Lost Cause This is a medium length format w... Más

0 - Preview
1 - All Over Again
2 - Steal The Show
3 - Pagtingin
4 - Ere
5 - Go Your Own Way
6 - As It Was
7 - Fix You
8 - No No
10 - Eyes On Fire
11 - The Fight Is Over
12 - The Lion Sleeps Tonight
13 - Agora Hills
14 - Nonsense
15 - Dangerous Woman
16 - Wide Awake
17 - Something Just Like This
18 - Not Shy
19 - Your Body Is A Wonderland
20 - Smash Into You
21 - Fall For You
22 - La Vie En Rose
23 - Brighter Than The Sun
24 - Teenage Dream
25 - Ring The Alarm
26 - Lost Stars
27 - One Last Time
28 - It Will Rain
29 - To The Bone
30 - 100 years

9 - Little Life

290 24 20
Por noLmagz

🦤Yin's POV

I woke up with a jolt and noticed Belle's ruffled from my movements. I went on to tap her butt and hum to get her back to sleep.

Now my problem is, I can't get back to sleep.

Ughhhhh.

Better warm up some milk. I walk out of the room and went to the kitchen to make some warm milk. It's almost 3AM and the whole house is dead quiet.

After drinking a glass, I went back up and as I walk the hallway, I saw the office room ajar. Then I was about to open Belle's room when War walked out of the office.

"Working this late?" I ask, but he didn't reply. Just walked towards me.

"Are you okay?" I ask as he near me and then I felt his hand hold mine which is holding on to the doorknob. He tried to push it but I held on.

"Wanna... sleep." He mumbles.

"This is not your room." I whispered but he just grunts in annoyance. "I'm gonna bring you back to your room, okay?" I whispered and he shook his head no.

"Yin" he breathes out and I immediately stilled.

No. He might just be aware that it's my first night back here.

"Work... I need to work." He continues.

He must be so out of it. He didn't talk this much before and I only ever seen him walk about two times. Those were the times when we were arguing so much and it was stressing him out.

He must be so stressed out right now for him to be able to walk out of room.

"Okay, okay." I said and we walked back to his dimly lit office.

His lamp open on his desk with a lot of scattered papers. Some are on the floor too. He must have fallen asleep on the desk. Hmmm couch.

Okay, let's go to the couch.

I walked him there but before I can even leave him, he pulls me down so I'm awkwardly supporting my weight to not crush him.

I made a move to change our position but he just kept on pulling into me.

After minutes and minutes of trying to pry myself off him, I quit and just let him hold on to me. I lie down on the couch with him on top of me. He still got his fingers tense around my shirt so I tap his head with one hand and stroke his back with the other.

The top of his right below my nose that I can still smell his shampoo.

Same as before.

Slowly, I felt his hands relax their grip and his breathing started to be calmer and calmer.

"Stay... with me" he said, slurring his words. "Don't leave me..." he then groans and held on tight again.

"Shhhh sleep everything's going to be alright." I whisper.

"Yinnn..." he then mumbles some words that I can't understand.

That was the last word he said before he finally went to a peaceful sleep.

So no matter how awkward my sleeping position is, or how painful my joints and muscles will be tomorrow, I made no move.

Not wanting him to lose any more sleep than he does.

*

I woke up to movements. I slowly open my eyes and he's shocked.

"Yin"

"You're awake." I said, oh my throat hurts a bit. I move and damn my body is making me pay for last night. "You should really get some rest. You're asleep talking and worst, you're sleepwalking again." I add concerned that his schedule is talking a toll on her.

Bell has morning classes so better wake her up.

I get up and walked out of the office, closing the door behind me. I got back in Belle's room and she is still sleeping. Well it's 30 minutes before our alarm goes off, might as well start my day early.

I took a quick shower and got ready for work. I just wore my shorts and a shirt since I'll help Belle get ready for school.

After getting all ready, I checked her things and then the alarm goes off and time to wake her up. I kneel to her side and kiss her cheeks which had dried saliva from all her drool last night. I wipe it to wake her up and soon, she opened her eyes.

"Daddy.." she groans but then got back to sleep.

"Oh no, young lady. We need to get ready for school. Come on let's wash up." I said, pulling her up and she clutches to me, sleeping on my shoulder.

"Wake uuuuup" I said as I swing her from side to side.

We eventually got to wash up and she wore her uniform and I changed to my suit too. We got down to the kitchen and War is already there, coffee in hand and a table on the other. Scrolling through some documents.

I sat beside Belle, and after a few minutes, Alex came in and sat across from Belle next to War, sitting on the head of the table.

There's something wrong off. Alex was not looking happy. At all. Not her usually fake smiley face that I've grown to hate.

Now she just looks pissed.

War and Belle were talking about the dinner menu for later and not once did Alex look up or chime in.

Odd. Hmmm.. Let's see...

"War? There's two office chairs before. In the home office, can I borrow one? Belle's chair is not that good for my back. I need to work some nights." I said.

At my peripheral vision, I can see Alex looking at me.

"I moved it to the guest room. You can go ahead and use it."

"But I'm using it for when I journal or write my blog." She interjects.

Is she crazy or something?

"Fine." War says with a sigh then looks at me. "Use mine. I don't usually use it anyway. I prefer to work in bed." He says.

"Then why were you working in the office last night?" I ask and I saw Alex' hands ball up.

"Alex was there. Don't want to disturb her."

Huh... So, she is staying with him.

That separate room is just for looks. For formality. But she is staying with him.

"Okay then." I agreed and looked at Belle with her finished up plate. "Do you want more or we can go to school?" I ask her.

"You're driving me to school, daddy?" she asks excitedly.

"Yeah, of course. But I can't get you after class. The driver will have to get you, I work until 6." I explained.

"That's fine daddy, I'm happy you're bringing me to school." She said with a shrug. "I'm finished, let's go!" she said excitedly.

"We'll go ahead." I excused myself to the both of them, Belle giving her Papa a hug and kiss before holding my hand as we leave the house.

🐭War's POV

Alex is fuming.

As soon as I woke up and got to the bedroom to get ready for the day, she's sitting by the bedroom balcony a cup of hot tea on her hand.

I told her that we should talk about it after Belle goes out since I don't want to risk her going inside my room and seeing us arguing.

But now... She just left with Yin.

And I know she's been bubbling with anger.

"What do you want to know." I start, since I don't even know why she's this angry.

Yeah I slept in the office... but it's because of work.

"Why didn't you get back after working?" she asks.

"I fell asleep. Work's been so hectic and my body might have just drained."

"Then why is Yin there too?" she asks, I look at her. She knows Yin is there. But she didn't say anything about me sleeping with Yin... so maybe he just saw Yin get out maybe??

"I really don't know. He just said that I was sleep walking. I really don't remember anything, Alex." I said, already exhausted since I don't even know what happened and I'm being punished for it.

"He still wants you. That's for sure." She mumbles. I huffed in frustration.

"What do you want me to do?"

"Get him out of here!"

"You know I can't do that. Option B, perhaps?"

"Uggggh!! We didn't sleep for more than 6 months and one night back here and you're already sleeping in one room with him. What the fuck, War!?" she said with an exasperated groan and stood up to leave.

I grabbed her hand.

"Don't accuse me of something I didn't do." I said firmly. "We didn't do anything wrong. It just happened and I don't even know how we got there!" I close my eyes, trying to get rid of this anger this early in the morning.

She looks at me angrily, fuming, and breathing hard.

"Don't you trust me? We should call this whole thing off if the most basic thing we must have, we don't. If you don't trust me, then let's go ahead and call this off." I let go of her wrist and got up from my seat.

I grabbed my bag and started to walk off when I felt something collide with my back.

Hands wrap around my waist.

"I'm sorry." She murmurs on my back. "I'm just... It's just so much pressure. So many things happening." She adds. I sigh as I turn and face her.

"For me too. We're in this together. So, let's not add more stress for one another, okay? Let's not add wood to this fire." I said and she nods.

I fish out my wallet and hand her my card.

"Here. Shop, go to the spa, have a trip. Whatever you want. Relax and calm down." I said and placed it on her hands before placing a kiss on her head.

"I'll go ahead. Will be late for a meeting." I said and got out to the car waiting outside. I got in and P'Jack drove off into the early morning traffic.

The day got so busy so fast.

The more the complete, the more things pile up. More and more and more.

"Kitty? Come here for a sec" I called her over the machine. After several seconds, she came in the office.

"Yes, P'War?"

"I told you to move my meetings this evening, right? I need to leave by 7 for dinner."

"But P'War, you also said to never move Sweden. Sweden's call with the directors are at 8:30 PM at Conference B. They'll leave firs thing tomorrow, so we can't reschedule this one Sir. Everything's cancelled starting from 6PM, except that one."

Damn it. Yin will be furious.

I look at the clock and it's still 3PM. I should tell him now. I'll just call Belle later after school. I dialed in his number and he picked up after a few rings.

"War?" he answers.

"Hi.. Yin... uhmmm just calling to tell you I can't make it tonight. Tomorrow I've freed my schedule. I just can't move one conference at 8:30, and if I get off at 6, I can't get back in time. Tomorrow I'll be there for dinner." I said in a rush.

There was a long pause, followed by a deep sigh.

"Okay." He said, "If there's nothing else, I have something a meeting." He said then ended the call, not waiting for me to respond.

I felt so guilty going against my commitment.

It's just... ugh...

Better get back to work, the more I complete now, the more I can free up time for tomorrow. I can even get off earlier. Yeah. Work harder now so I can free up more for tomorrow.

Went on with the report on hand and took a break when I called to tell Belle that I can't make dinner tonight. She did sound a bit disappointed but I said I'll make sure to make it tomorrow and that she can have dinner with Yin for now.

I sigh as I felt guilty.

"It's okay, you can try again tomorrow." I whisper to myself, I look at my clock as it reads 5PM.

Okay. I laid out three more reports I can go over until 8. Then I can eat for a bit before my call at 8:30 PM. Yeah sounds like a good plan.

I set myself in motion and put on my earphones so I can get to the groove.

Towards the end of the second report, I saw movement from the door. Kit-

"Papa!"

It's Belle... and Yin right behind her. I look at the clock and it's 7PM. Yin is still in his office attire and Belle is in lounge wear. Yin holding an insulated bag.

Belle reached me and I gave her a hug as she sits on my lap.

Now focused on the papers, reading it as if she understands them.

"We thought we should bring dinner here. You're free right?"

I snake my arm around Belle and kiss her cheeks as I respond with a nod.

"You smell so goooood" I said, squeezing her a bit. "Thanks for visiting me tonight. Aren't you tired from the car ride?" I ask her.

"Nope." She smiled proudly, and I heard Yin chuckle.

"How can you be bored, little girl? You slept as soon as we drive into the highway!" He then set the bag on the coffee table.

"Sheeeesh, just like your father." Yin mumbles as he bring out the food containers.

"Did you take a nap?" I whisper to her and she nods shyly as she giggles.

"Then you have so much energy right now huh?"

"Yeah!! I'm hungry toooooo" she said, touching her tummy. I carried her in my arms as I walk where Yin sets the food. I put her down and we sat on the carpet waiting for Yin to finish.

"Daddy, I feel sooo tired." Belle suddenly says, leaning into him. "Can you feed me? My hands suddenly feel soooo weak." She is such a bad actress.

Acting's not for you, princess.

"Alright. Fine. I'll feed you then." Yin said, trying not to smile. He knows Belle's not serious but he still pays with her.

We started the eating the feast in front of us.

Belle happily chews as she sits on Yin's lap.

"Papa, I want that too" she said, pointing at the baked garlic scallops on my plate.

"Okay, say aaaaa" I said and she opened her mouth to take the plump piece in one bite.

"Hmmmmm so yummy Papa. Daddy, try too" she said and Yin was too far from the main plate so I used my fork and pierced one.

"Here." I said, holding it near his mouth, it took him a moment to open his mouth and eat.

"See??? Yummy right, Daddy??" Belle asks him as he chews and Yin nods at her. Giving her an exaggerated reaction.

"Ohhhh my goooosh! It is soooo gooood. I can eat a thousand!!!!" Yin said with animated reactions making Belle giggle so much.

We ate the rest of the meal with gusto.

I can't remember the last time that Belle was this happy for dinner. Not even when we go out to a restaurant, or a friends birthday party, or even at home with her most favorite foods.

Right here at this moment.

Sitting on a carpeted floor.

Eating out of disposable containers and plates with disposable spoon, fork, and knife.

This is her happiest place.

Her happiest meal.

Yin cleans up everything after we finish the meal. Since Belle made quite a mess, I told Yin to change her in my room since I have a few of her clothes there anyway.

"I need to get to the meeting." I said after quickly brushing my teeth.

"Go on, I'll tidy up after cleaning her up." Yin said.

I got out of the office and went to Conference room on the same floor just to the other side of the elevators.

There are about 4 people already inside as I got in. We greeted each other and made small talk, a couple saying I look good today. That I looked lighter than before.

Lighter?

Well... I do feel a bit ligher.

The last 3 came in just a few minutes after me and then we started the meeting. We finish just a couple of minutes after our schedule end. We did the signing and we shook on it before we said our goodbyes.

I quickly walk back to my room, not waiting for them to get in the elevator as I would usually do when we have visitors.

"Sorry, I'll go ahead. My daughter's waiting for me."

"Go on, Mr. War. Family always comes first." One elder man from Sweden said.

"Thank you, have a safe trip tomorrow." I said and went into my area, I passed by Kitty who is deep in her work.

"Kitty, go on. It's late." I said.

"Just final document, Sir. Will leave in 5 minutes." She said and bowed before looking back to her computer.

I opened my door and I see Yin sleeping on the couch, Belle sleeping on top of him. Her cheeks pressed to his chest. I slowly walk near them.

A picture of peace and love.

Nothing as pure as this moment.

I kneeled on the floor and kiss her cheek, caressing her hair to try and wake her up. But she just groans in response.

"You done with work?" he whispers.

I looked up and nodded. He nods in response and stretches his eyes before yawning.

"It's okay, don't wake her up. I'll carry her. Finish up so we can go." He said, I just turned off my computer and grabbed my bag and coat.

"Let's go." I whispered and he carefully pulls Belle up and she instinctively rest her head on Yin's broad shoulders. Yin holding her close to him, supporting her bottom and back.

He started to reach for his bag but I stopped him.

"I got this." I said and put the sling on my shoulder as well as the insulated bag he brought in earlier.

"Kitty. Go home. Now." I said, as she still focuses on her computer.

"Yes, P'War." she said as I open the door for Yin to go first. I then hurriedly walk to the elevator to press the call button and we wait in the middle.

"How's the meeting?" Yin said, bouncing a tiny bit to lull Belle. I mean she's already asleep but I guess it's just his instincts.

"Good. We closed with no last-minute revisions. It's a success!" I said proudly.

"Good job." He said and we got in the elevator.

Good job?

I like the sound of that.

It's nice.

We stopped in the middle and the doors open and in came two young ladies. They looked at us and gasps in shock.

"P'War! P'Yin!!" One shrieked.

"Prim, Milk. I didn't know you're still working here." Yin was the one who said that.

"Ohhhh you might have not remembered us, right?" the other said. "I'm Milk, she's Prim. You were our manager in the past." She explains.

Another piece of my past that was gone now.

"Wait.. You and him... does this mean..." Milk said.

"Oh my gosh. Are you back together?? Ohhhh Thank Godddd. I was rooting for you guys since the news broke out and then that bitc-"

"The wedding is still on. He's marrying Alex." Yin cuts her off before she can continue.

Prim immediately clutched her mouth and apologized profusely. Bowing over and over again.

"We'll get going, Mr. War. I'm so sorry again, Sir. I'm sorry." She said.

"It's okay. Get home safe, it's very late." I said and the elevator door closes as we go down to the basement.

"Prim's just like that. She was a supporter before, of you and me. So, just think of it as fans seeing their ship break off. It's nothing personal. Anyone will automatically look bad even if they are good truly people." He explains.

The drive was quick since it's late at night. Yin carries her from her car seat back to her bedroom. I kissed her good night and went to my room.

Cleaning up and changing into pajamas.

Lying in bed, thinking of what happened.

Thinking it was a nice dinner.

Thinking... it would really be nice to have that again.

And thinking... that we won't have those moments as much as we want to.

Trying to picture that scene with Alex.

How would Belle react.

How would I react.

Would it be that happy?

I thought hard and ponder the right answer.

Probably not.

No, it won't be that happy.

It will be different... if it wont be him.

❄️❄️❄️

This chapter's song is by Cordelia. It's just such a chill flow that I find it perfect for this one.

Happy reading!

Jan 21 2024

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

60.1K 4.1K 41
•𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗱• |𝗬𝗶𝗻𝗪𝗮𝗿'𝘀 𝗦𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 Yin Anan Wong, a famous actor who paired with Third Lapat and won a lot of awards because their bl d...
5.7K 412 16
YINWAR FAN FICTION War had a long-term boyfriend, but he ended up getting sick and died, and now he sees someone who looks like his long-term boyfrie...
19.6K 1.4K 19
Two rivals, two purposes, one deal and one big turn of event. When two rivals set aside their differences to pursue an escape from their problems. Wa...
22.3K 1.3K 18
Dew and Best meet again in their second year in college after Dew went back from Chiang Mai to take care of his now sick mother. Best was ecstatic t...