The Consequence of Provoking...

By An-errr

The first time they met, Gu Siyu blocked Huo Junxian in the stairwell and whispered in her ear, "Be with me?"... More

Chapter 1: Special relationship
Chapter 2: Don't give apples to the devil
Chapter 3: Hug tightly
Chapter 4: Go away
Chapter 5: Taking pictures
Chapter 6: Don't provoke me
Chapter 7: Say 'I love you' to the lunatic
Chapter 8: Want to beat her
Chapter 9: Superficial/shallow
Chapter 10: Swallows Flying Over Old Power Lines
Chapter 11: Sharp Ears
Chapter 12: Are you a lunatic?"
Chapter 13: Mentally ill
Chapter 14: Sickly
Chapter 15: I'm scared
Chapter 16: Stepping on Moonlight
Chapter 17: Master
Chapter 18: Traitor
Chapter 19: A Threatening Proposal
Chapter 20: Go crazy
Chapter 21: Crazy Critic
Chapter 22: If you're willing to help, I'll repay you.
Chapter 23: Don't let three billion go to waste.
Chapter 24: Professional Matching
Chapter 25: Let's see who can run faster!
Chapter 26: Playing Games
Chapter 27: Crazy Rose
Chapter 28: Found it
Chapter 29: Watching the Game
Chapter 30: Chapter 30: Willing to Gamble and Admit Defeat.
Chapter 31: Anger
Chapter 32: Do you just love watching movies like this?
Chapter 33: You have been blacklisted.
Chapter 34: Angry
Chapter 35: Boarding the Plane
Chapter 36: Unfortunately, Huo Junxian did not push the person away either
Chapter 37: She is indeed a vicious dog
Chapter 38: Taking care of her
Chapter 39: The heartbeat is accelerating
Chapter 40: Super crazy
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106

Chapter 96

40 2 0
By An-errr

The spring weather is perfect for a day out, and with the newly opened amusement park, there are quite a lot of people today. No matter what you want to play, you have to wait for a couple of hours. Last time, when Gu Siyu went to the amusement park, her friend came early in the morning, afraid that the park might close before they could try out a few rides.

The two of them first lined up for the rafting event. Since this event doesn't provide raincoats, they might get splashed with water. After waiting for about half an hour, they could board the boat. They stored their coats and sat in the boat. When water splashed over, they quickly huddled inside the boat. The downstream part was more thrilling, and many people would scream out of fear. Gu Siyu felt it was okay, considering it was child's play for her. She couldn't help but notice the faint smile on Huo Junxian's lips, and her heart slowly warmed.

After getting off the boat, Gu Siyu squatted down to check if her clothes were wet. Huo Junxian said she was fine, just a bit wet on her calves. Gu Siyu carefully wiped her with tissues and then took her to ride the roller coaster. The roller coasters here were not as thrilling, and many children were playing on them. As soon as they went up, screams echoed continuously. Gu Siyu could also hear Huo Junxian's screams, sounding like "Ah" and "Hmm."

After playing for a while, when they regained their senses, it was already seven in the evening. The sky was slowly getting dark, and they sat on chairs to rest. Gu Siyu asked Huo Junxian if she was hungry. Perhaps, Huo Junxian had forgotten about eating these days; Gu Siyu had never seen her eat much. She pinched Huo Junxian's arm and felt a bony structure, saying, "You've gotten thinner."

Huo Junxian withdrew her puzzled gaze, pursed her lips, and said, "I'm a bit thirsty now."

"Hmm." Gu Siyu asked her to wait for a moment, but Huo Junxian still got up and followed her. No matter how long they queued, she didn't seem tired at all. Wherever Gu Siyu went, she followed closely, very clingy.

Gu Siyu bought a soda, a small bottle with nothing special except for its attractive bottle. After finishing the soda, she filled the bottle with tap water and drank it. Huo Junxian followed suit.

"Plain water tastes better than soda," Huo Junxian said.

"Yes, how about ice cream?" Gu Siyu asked, feeling hot after walking so much.

"Not really in the mood for it."

"What about ham?"

"I don't want to eat."

"Why don't you eat anything?"

"... Shall I eat a little then?"

"Forget it. Do you have no appetite? I'll take you to eat some junk food later, something not so clean," Gu Siyu said, biting the straw. "When I'm in a bad mood, I like to eat something spicy. It helps me breathe better."

Huo Junxian seemed excited. She was accustomed to a refined lifestyle and had never experienced Gu Siyu's indulgent way of life. People always envy each other—those in hardship envy the carefree, and the carefree sometimes envy the leisurely life. Dissatisfaction is universal, and it's quite strange.

In the evening, there was a street parade and fireworks. They also experienced a haunted house where all scary scenes were replaced by mannequins.

Ironically, Gu Siyu was terrified of such places. The first time she entered, despite pretending to be calm, her legs trembled when the girl in front screamed, and she subconsciously wanted to run backward.

Huo Junxian held her hand tightly, saying, "It's all fake."

"I know."

To save face, Gu Siyu didn't want to admit her fear and said, "If you're scared, hold my hand tightly."

Huo Junxian held her hand tightly, and Gu Siyu felt less embarrassed. She didn't think Huo Junxian was any better.

In the dim light, with heavy colors, it resembled their recent experiences. When they came out of the house, the sky was still dark, but the lights on the streets were on, and everything seemed calm.

"Next time, let's try an escape room," Gu Siyu suggested.

"Sure."

After walking for a while, they saw people rushing to find a spot to watch the fireworks. Gu Siyu didn't want to join the crowd and said, "Let's not go there. I've seen fireworks a hundred times more beautiful than this."

"Huh?"

"Did you forget? You set off fireworks for me before. The night sky exploded with letters of my name." Without exaggeration, that fireworks display was beyond compare.

Perhaps at that time, Huo Junxian casually operated it, something effortless for her. She could accomplish it with a bit of money. But for Gu Siyu, that night, the entire sky belonged to her.

"I remember," Huo Junxian said.

The fireworks show began, and the entire amusement park sparkled with lights. Castles, cartoon animals, flowers, and princesses were all displayed grandly, resembling a movie. Huo Junxian held her hand and said, "I won't forget the fireworks show we watched today either."

The thunderous sound of fireworks was deafening, resonating in their hearts.

Boom, boom, boom, it became unclear whose heart was trembling.

In the end, they didn't watch the entire fireworks show. Gu Siyu checked the time, bought some souvenirs with Huo Junxian, and then left the park. She took her to eat street food in the night market.

The road was congested, but Gu Siyu found a convenient route on her motorcycle, avoiding the crowded roads and taking numerous turns into alleyways.

At a food stall, Gu Siyu ordered barbecue and spicy hot pot. The bowl and plate were covered in chili oil.

"Eat. You'll feel better after eating."

Various hot and spicy dishes were brought to the table, and they ate until they sweated on their foreheads. While eating, Huo Junxian choked a bit, and Gu Siyu opened a bottle of mineral water and handed it to her. "Better now?"

Huo Junxian nodded. Gu Siyu asked the waiter for gloves several times, and they ate until late. The entire alley was filled with the scent of fireworks.

If the past few days felt unreal, floating in the air, now they were descending and landing on the city's ground.

While eating, Huo Junxian watched Gu Siyu repeatedly. Tears welled up in her eyes, either from being choked or from emotions. She had done many things with this person that she had never done before, both splendid and ordinary. It was as if she was getting to know the world anew.

Gu Siyu thought she might be reminded of something sad and consoled her, saying, "You look much prettier when you cry compared to those girls."

Two girls nearby were crying. The taller one was holding the slightly shorter one, crying and saying, "I originally wanted to take you out for a good time, but you've been unhappy all along. I really don't know what to do."

The shorter girl sighed and said, "It's not that I'm unhappy. I just can't handle thrilling activities and can't control my expression."

As she spoke, the shorter girl's nose suddenly bled, offering the best proof without further explanation. The taller girl apologized, offering tissues to wipe the blood.

Then, the two of them laughed and cried together.

Gu Siyu observed a table nearby where several men were bragging. They were getting drunk and talking about multimillion-dollar deals. Gu Siyu listened without much emotion and asked, "Are you going back today?"

Huo Junxian rarely stayed overnight outside, but they were a bit tired from all the fun today, and now they just wanted to find a place to rest.

"If we don't go back, I'll take you somewhere tomorrow."

"You've been to many places," Huo Junxian said.

Gu Siyu smiled. People who had to make a living had to explore every corner of the city, didn't they?

She looked at what Huo Junxian was eating. Huo Junxian still ate very little. Gu Siyu wore gloves, peeled some crayfish, and put them on a plate, pushing them toward her. "Spicy or not? Want to dip it in hot pot?"

Huo Junxian shook her head. Her plate was getting fuller and she ate until she was full. Gu Siyu stopped, rode the motorcycle a bit forward, and asked if Huo Junxian had her ID. Huo Junxian shook her head, and Gu Siyu sighed, saying, "It's over. We can't stay in a hotel."

Huo Junxian thought Gu Siyu was joking or teasing her until she saw Gu Siyu checking the location on her phone.

At this late hour, without ID cards, they could only ride back on the motorcycle. However, Gu Siyu's motorcycle was also out of gas.

"Where are we going?" she asked.

"Selling you." This time, it was Gu Siyu making a joke.

Gu Siyu told her to get on the motorcycle, and Huo Junxian followed her without asking where they were going. Gu Siyu kept driving, making a stop at a 24-hour convenience store to buy some snacks. She handed the bag to Huo Junxian, and they continued driving. At this hour, the roads still had many people.

They only stopped when they reached the riverside.

Despite the late hour, there were still many people strolling by the river. Gu Siyu parked the motorcycle and found a place to sit.

Huo Junxian didn't know what Gu Siyu was planning. Gu Siyu explained, "This is what they call 'pressing the pavement.' Haven't you heard of it? Aren't you a college student?"

"I've heard of it, but I've never tried it," Huo Junxian said.

Pressing the pavement wasn't a mandatory course for college students, and not everyone had to try it. It felt like a little surprise to suddenly experience it after many years, and it was worth getting excited about.

The nearby crowd consisted mostly of young couples in the romantic season of spring.

Huo Junxian said, "Actually, you're about the same age as them."

"Really? I almost forgot if you didn't mention it." The unfortunate child had taken charge early. Gu Siyu never felt like she was the same as those college students. She had long become an adult who could accept anything. She glanced at others but felt no envy and quickly withdrew her gaze.

The night breeze from the river was cool, and those walking by the river were huddling together to stay warm. With coats on, it wasn't too cold for them. Gu Siyu stood up, gesturing for Huo Junxian to follow her. They walked along the riverbank for a few steps.

In the distance, the lights on the bridge shone on the river, reflecting the scene on the bridge. Gu Siyu leaned her elbows on the bridge, looking at the scenery on the river, and said, "Let's chat."

Huo Junxian agreed with a nod, watching her.

Knowing that Huo Junxian wasn't good at small talk, Gu Siyu casually asked, "Have you never stayed out overnight before?"

"Yeah," Huo Junxian nodded.

"What did you play when you were a child, besides playing with Teddy?"

Huo Junxian thought for a moment. "Practicing the piano, drawing, and dancing."

"Busy, huh? Your dad must be strict with you," Gu Siyu said.

"Not really strict. Anyway, there was nothing else to do," Huo Junxian thought about asking Gu Siyu about her past and felt that Gu Siyu's story was straightforward—being beaten, abandoned, suffering. It was quite heartbreaking. She said, "Gu Siyu, when we're together, I won't let you suffer."

The words were strangely amusing, and Gu Siyu's lips twitched. She had initially wanted to make a sarcastic comment about sounding like a good scumbag. As the topic was short-lived, they spoke only a few sentences before it ended.

Next to them, a couple was kissing. Gu Siyu wanted to change the topic, but when her gaze swept over, she felt awkward and quickly retracted her gaze.

However, just after retracting her gaze, her cheek was kissed by someone. Huo Junxian's lips touched her face, and her hand covered Gu Siyu's hand.

Gu Siyu felt a bit at a loss. Perhaps influenced by the young couple next to them, this kiss was so light that it made her flustered. Huo Junxian didn't continue kissing downward; her lips withdrew from Gu Siyu's face.

Huo Junxian continued looking at the river, and Gu Siyu swallowed lightly. She didn't say anything, just used her peripheral vision to glance at her a few times. Huo Junxian's mood seemed to improve, and the previous depression gradually dissipated.

They continued like this until the turning point, standing up and sitting on the steps nearby. The young couple next to them kept talking. They talked about their plans after leaving college, how they wanted to settle down in this city, and their grand and happy future. It seemed like nothing they said would be boring, and when their emotions peaked, they would kiss.

They had been out all day and were a bit tired. Gu Siyu thought about going back to sleep, considering finding the nearest gas station to drive there to avoid running out of gas halfway. She took out her phone to search for the map. Meanwhile, Huo Junxian closed her eyes. She fell asleep quite quickly. Due to her recent emotional state, her sleep had been shallow. Her head bobbed up and down with each motion.

Gu Siyu put her phone away, picked at the phone case, and finally put the phone back in. She gently moved Huo Junxian's head onto her shoulder.

The sea breeze brought a refreshing wind, and suddenly, Gu Siyu's heart softened to the point of feeling a bit sour in the nose. She became a tearful person, and she didn't know why this feeling was so strange.

--------------------

Author's note: I'm not feeling well today, so I'll end it here.

Translator's note: She mentioned that she won't let you suffer, so could you please stay with her? Don't leave her 😔.

TO BE CONTINUE... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.2K 1.1K 11
*I DO NOT OWN THIS NOVEL. THIS IS MY MOST MOST FAVORITE NOVEL AND I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SHARE IT HERE IN WATTPAD FOR YOU GUYS. That's right! She's...
17.9K 737 32
"I apologize if I offended you in any way, but please let me go! I want to go home!" She sobs as she slides down the wall on her knees, burying her f...
7K 160 21
The two girls were brought together by quite unusual circumstances, and whatever they had between them, wasn't meant to last. They weren't supposed t...
135K 9K 132
"I can't fucking stand you!" "Aww we finally have something in common." #1 Chanbaek - 3/30/21 #1 Chanyeol - 04/24/21 #1 Jongdae - 04/24/21 #1 Xiuchen...