Eighteen Years Later

By thefruity1

Everything is perfect, Nick and Charlie have their dream home, dream job and cute kids. They survived graduat... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1 - Everything worked out
Chapter 2 - Nelson house
Chapter 3 - Nighttime Troubles
Chapter 4 - Mother in law
Chapter 5 - In deep trouble
Chapter 6 - Sick kids
Chapter 7 - Adoption Flashback
Chapter 8 - Clingy boy
Chapter 9 - Sibling Wars Part 1
Chapter 10 - Sibling Wars Part 2
Chapter 11 - Daddy is cheating?
Chapter 12 - Tea and Troubles
Chapter 13 - Bye, bye Papa
Author update
Chapter 14 - Stupid Recital
Chapter 15 - Stupid Recital part 2
Chapter 16 - The Crush
Chapter 17 - The Girlfriend part 1
Important Author News/Sneak peak
Chapter 18 - The Girlfriend Part 2
Chapter 20 - Old Habits
Chapter 21 - Declan and Lucia
Chapter 22 - The Big News
Chapter 23 - Family Meetings
Chapter 24 - Day with Declan
Chapter 25 - Time Jump and Recap
Chapter 26 - Dinner Party
Chapter 27 - The Sleepover Part 1
Chapter 28 - The Sleepover part 2
Chapter 29 - The First Day of School (Flashback)
Chapter 30 - Why?
Chapter 31 - Girls

Chapter 19 - Dad and Alec time

472 16 23
By thefruity1

I've had many requests to make Nick a better dad so here we are! 😆

Nick POV

Charlie has been making it very clear to me that some much needed bonding time between Alec and I is much overdue. I fully agree.

With our, what feels like, daily fights for the last few weeks and the whole Sophia/ Girlfriend argument that happened a few days ago, now that it's Saturday I plan to devote my day to Alec.

He deserves more than I can ever give him but the closest I'm getting to that today is taking him to an arcade and then I'm taking him to a rugby game. Ideally, I would have taken him to a football game as he prefers football over rugby but there wasn't any coming up. So I'm hoping a rugby game will be good enough for him.

I want to take him to all the stuff he can't do because of Millie. For example we can't really take Millie to an arcade as she hates loud noises and bright lights. And the rugby game would be too late for her and we would have to leave early for her bedtime.

Alec knows we are going out today just the 2 of us. I can tell he is skeptical and wants to know where we are going but I've kept my mouth shut, to not ruin the surprise.

I told him to dress casually and be prepared for anything. He is wearing a green and blue split colored shirt and beige shorts. He also has a sage green zip up hoodie on. I am wearing a Marvel shirt, blue shorts and bomber jacket with our rugby tickets tucked in my inner breast pocket.

We are currently saying goodbye to Charlie and Millie. From what Charlie told me, they are going to one of Millie's daycare friends' houses for a playdate.

"Have fun boys! I'll see you both later tonight" Charlie says as he hugs Alec and then gives me a hug and a small kiss.

"Bye, bye Papa." Alec responds. I kiss my baby girl goodbye and soon Alec and I are getting into the car together.

I had expected our conversations to be forced and awkward as this outing is a way to bring us closer after a fight. But thankfully there isn't much tension in the air. Alec is just naturally talking about what happened on a recent level of his car racing video game. I ask questions to show I'm interested and to keep him talking.

I can't see his face directly as he is sitting behind my seat but I subtly look through the rear view mirror at the red light and he has a smile on his face as he looks out the window. It's nice to see him smile, given he hasn't in the longest time.

"Daddy?"

"Yes pumpkin?"

"When are you going to tell me where we are going?"

"Not gonna happen. It's a surprise." I respond, keeping it in.

"Pleaseeee." he whines and kicks his feet a bit.

"Nope." I say, popping the P

"Well can you at least tell me if it's a good surprise or a bad surprise." He asks and I ponder the question and choose my next words carefully. I decided to say its a good surprise to keep him in a good mood and excited.

"It's a good surprise, hun."

"Yay!!" he says excitedly and grins. I have a follow up question.
"And when have we ever given you a bad surprise?" I ask

"You surprised me with a sister. That wasn't good." He says nonchalantly

I have to stifle a laugh from escaping but I can't so I chuckle.

"See you agree, daddy!" He exclaims

"Don't tell your papa about that." I add with a smirk

"Depends."

"Depends on what?" I ask, stunned. Is my son doing what I think he is?
"Depends, if this surprise is good enough." He says.

And I gasp. He is blackmailing me! I thought the little shit too well.

Thankfully I'm pretty sure my surprise is good enough.

"I'll take that bet." I finally reply

Time Skip to Arcade

Nick POV

We soon pull into the arcade car park and I watch Alec's face lights up and it looks like sunshine is just pouring out his eyes.

"Are we going to the arcade daddy?" Alec half yells

"Yes." I confirm and he races to get out the car.

Once inside I put some money on a card for the game machines and sent Alec on his way to pick the first game.

He looks all around at the bright lights and sounds and soon chooses a claw machine game. We scan the card and the machine starts. Alec is very focused on lining up the claw to a teenage mutant ninja turtle plush toy. Once he looks to be happy with the p;acemnt he presses the button. The claw hands grip the toy but it sadly drops it.

"Noooo!!!" he whines with a pout.

"It's alright. Here, let's try again." I say while scanning the card again.

He repeats the process and presses the drop button with crossed fingers. The plush toy once again grips on and is this time lifted up and successfully delivered into the collection bin.

"Yess!!! Look daddy!" Alec exclaims as he collects the toy and stretches it up to me.

"Good job!! I knew you could do it." I praise.

Alec's attention moves to a shooting game where you have to eliminate colorful aliens for tickets. There are two guns as it's a 2 player game.

"Can we do this one?" Alec asks. How can I deny such a small request, especially when he is so cute?

"Of course, hun." I agree.

"Will you play with me?" He questions and my heart jumps.

"I would be honored." I say

I explain to him how to play and once we are ready we start.

The game was actually quite tricky for me, maybe I'm just getting old or something because Alec beat me with far more kills. He was shooting down basically all of them before I even got a chance. The bright aliens were fast moving and I struggled to keep my eye on one to shoot.

"You did so well! Look how much you beat me!" I exclaim pointing to the final score of 22 kills for Alec and a mere 13 for me.

"I beat you!!" he squeals with joy.

We collect our tickets and Alec moves to a basketball game. Unlike the last game I predict I will win this one.

3...

2....

1....

The basketballs drop down and we scramble to get some and shoot towards the basket. I make my first few shots in but I see Alec is struggling and throwing them short.

"Here let me show you." I say. I grab his hands and position them correctly on the basketball.

"Now, I want you to focus on the hoop and use your elbow power to get it there. Got it bud?" I encourage

"Okay, dad." Alec says with a nod. He does just as I told him and the ball perfectly swishes in the net.

"I did it daddy! Did you see?" He exclaims and I nod.

"I did! That was perfect, but keep going, do that with all of them." I instruct and we keep shooting until the time runs out.

Our total comes to 56 and while that's not that impressive compared to the high scores, that doesn't matter. We did it our own way.

We keep playing many games until I check my watch and notice we need to go to the game. Alec whines when I say we have to go but soon quiets when I tell him to pick out a price with our tickets.

He chooses a bouncy ball and some lollies. When those were paid for when headed back to the car.

Once we start driving I notice Alec's mood has dropped, while he plays with his plush turtle. I know he thinks we are going home.

He looks out the window and I think he notices that I don't turn back and head home, I keep driving father into the city.

"Aren't we going home daddy?" He ask innocently

"Nope, we have another surprise." I confirm and brace myself for his reaction.

"Really?" He gasps

"Of course, darling."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!!"

I chuckle. "You're very welcome."

Time skip to rugby game.

Nick POV

I park at the stadium and I see the crowds are insane, I'm surprised I found a park.

Alec caught on to where we are and is over the moon excited. I also explained the crowds of people and that he has to hold my hand at all times so he doesn't get lost.

I keep his little hand tight in my grip as we get into a line to hand our tickets in and get our seats.

I look down and Alec is bouncing with excitement. He is bouncing on his heels. The line moves fast and thankfully when we get to the front, there isn't any problem with the ticket exchange.

I lead my son and I to our stadium seats and we are at the end of a row. The bright lights shine down on the pitch as the players come out of the tunnel with cheers from everyone. Alec is very engrossed and focused as he tries to take everything in, the sounds, bright lights, and the game.

The stadium is sold out so there is no empty seat in sight. It feels as though the entire stadium is cheering for their team of choice. At some point Alec and I get some food from the food trucks as we watch the game.

The players score some amazing tries. It was certainly a memory I will forever treasure with my son.

The night goes fast and we soon head out the main gates again hand in hand. Alec looks exhausted and is dragging his feet.

"You tired bub?" I ask, already knowing the answer. In response I get a little nod.

"Just a little further." I encourage him as we cross the carpark, which is pure chaos of crowds trying to get to their cars but also a lot of traffic.

I find our car and I don't hesitate to get Alec buckled in. He has a sleepy, content smile on his face.

"Thank you for today dad." He says and my heart grew three sizes.

"It's all for you hun, you deserve it."

Alec is just about asleep when we pull out of the stadium car park and is full knocked out on the drive home. I carry him inside and tuck him into bed.

I lay in bed next to my sleeping husband and gently lifted him onto my chest, shushing him when he grumbled. He soon nuzzles into my chest and relaxes.

It's days like this where I love being a father. My family is my pride and joy and I guarantee I wouldn't be this happy of a man without them.

And to think that it all started because I got seated next to the curly head, blue eyed gay boy in year 11.

1919 words

—-------------------------------------------------------------

Hello

Ik how many of you needed some bonding time so ur welcome. As the author I feel better now knowing the family is all better.

Stay happy, healthy, and hydrated

Thx, ❤️

thefruity1

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 6.6K 44
Eli sold his soul to the devil to save his family and his village. He asked for fertile lands with clean water. The devil granted him that but it all...
6.5K 84 19
TRIGGER WARNING! Self harm, suicide, eating disorder, homophobic, biphobic, transphobic, trauma THIS IS A NICK AND CHARLIE STORY... I know I said it'...
17.2K 147 54
Jake was troubled, did what was considered to be 'bad' things but he just wants to live. He's extremely loyal, funny but brave. Devon was a smart gu...
10.3K 258 66
Follow Nick and Charlie through their lives with this heart-warming story! This is my first time writing a story on Wattpad so sorry if the spelling...