Aleksander - a fateful decisi...

By Nezumigami

Clack clack, sounds the pointer of time that had frozen. Time awakens and empathy is born. A miracle that o... More

Introduction
Extract of the Book of Races - Glossary of Demons
Extract of the Book of Races - Glossary of Ghosts
Glossary of other races
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3 (with smut scene)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 (with smut-scene)
Chapter 9 (with smut-scene)
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 (with smut scene)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 (with smut scene)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41

Chapter 24

81 9 0
By Nezumigami

"What are your next steps if you have this artifact in your possession?" Belial asked, stroking Aleks' back reassuringly.

Zion looked down at the ground. "They're not going to attack yet, because all the carriers have to be identified and all the keys have to be found first. The soul of the carriers is not harvested until they have been opened so that the divine power in them can fully unfold. If the last key and carrier is found, the final phase will occur. Telos will try to gather all the carriers and open them."

So they still had time until the third key was found.

"Good, thank you for your honesty. We have now learned a lot and now know what to expect. I also ask you to provide us with detailed descriptions of all the members of Telos and also a list of all possible spies in our ranks. I have now decided what to do next for you," Astaroth said and stood up. He went to the door and gave instructions to an employee, then he came back.

Zion knew that his future would now be decided here. How will the prince of hell judge him? Did he deserve a second chance? Could he live a peaceful life and seek his heart? Sweat of fear covered his skin and his heart pounded loudly. What if it was all in vain – what if my end was sealed? He had trusted Aleksander, but would he regret it now?

"I have decided that you will stay here as a guest for the time being until this war comes to an end. You will be supervised and monitored by a commander of mine. If you fight faithfully by our side to the end, I will pardon you and you will be allowed to live in my kingdom without punishment. If you prove to be a military support, I will also think about making a place for you in my army," Astaroth announced his decision.

Oh ye gods. Relief flowed through Zion's body.

"But first, answer the following questions. Aleksander, listen carefully," the hellprince said with a serious face, and Aleks nodded.

"Zion, do you feel even a shred of loyalty or connection to Telos or any of its followers?"

"No, I broke away from them when they gave up on me," the demon replied truthfully. In the two years, not one person had even tried to save him. It had been clear to him then that he was no longer important to them and that someone else had taken his place.

"Is there anything or anyone that Telos could use against you or use to blackmail you?" Astaroth continued.

Again, Zion denied it. "The only one I cared about was Gloria, but she has already passed away."

At this remark, Aleks flinched, because the memory of the little blonde demon was still clear and distinct.

"Well, to the last question. Do you intend to harm me or any other being, be it Belial or another member of my realm or that of the other princes of hell?"

"No. I will support you in your fight," the prisoner replied.

Aleks nodded, it was all true.

Astaroth then stood up and made a slave ring appear. He loosened Zion's shackles and put them on him. Thus, he would always know where he was and could ensure that he could only enter or leave certain areas of the property.

Zion didn't resist, for it was more freedom than the two years before.

There was a soft knock on the door. A female demon about 5' 7'' tall with light green hair, which she had braided into a braid, and dark green eyes, entered the room. "You called me, Kuro," the Sylph's voice rang out.

Zion turned and looked into the two jade-green lakes in which he was sinking. He froze, said nothing. His heart began to beat wildly and the scent of lavender ensnared him. His nostrils puffed up and sucked in this wonderful scent.

The demon was also frozen, her eyes wide open and her mouth wide open. Slowly, as if in a trance, she walked towards him, completely ignoring her surroundings. A soft, smaller hand rested on Zion's cheek and she looked him straight in the eye. "Who are you?" her enchanting voice whispered.

Zion was about to answer, when they were brought back to reality.

"Paola. This is the prisoner, a member of Telos, who has switched to our side. Your task is to watch over him for the next few months and record together everything there is to know about Telos. You're supposed to guard and protect him," said Astaroth, who had been watching their reaction closely.

Paola cleared her throat. "Of course. Follow me," she said to the prisoner, who rose without resistance and followed her. Together they left the room.

Astaroth looked at Aleks and asked the angel, "Is this what I think?"

Aleks nodded. "Yes, Zion has just found his heart."

Astaroth looked thoughtfully at the door through which the two had disappeared. Paola was an absolutely loyal demon, whom he had taken under his wing as a child. If Zion attached himself to her, his loyalty was assured. Astaroth sighed and rubbed over the painful spot on his chest.

Three days later, everything Zion had said was announced at the conference of the princes of Hell. Zion had drawn up a list of spies that was handed over to the princes of hell, and shortly afterwards all of them were taken into custody and interrogated.

Three had actually made it into the inner circle of the hellprinces – one from the demons in Belphegor's harem, one from Mammon's generals, and a personal healer from Asmodai.

On that day, Telos had suffered a major setback, but the fact that they were in possession of the artifact was a major problem for everyone. They would be vigilant and cling to the heels of Telos.

Six months later...

"Do you have any results?" Belial asked, who was sitting in his office with Lucan, Lyric, and Astaroth.

"We have different approaches to how you could get to heaven, but they all fail because of one thing, the way back. If you were caught, the way back would be cut off, and my hunters had not yet had any success in catching an angel." Everything depended on them catching an angel who took them to the top.

While they continued to discuss, Nix, Zack, and Aleks sat on the terrace and ate fruit. Sai sat on Nix' lap as he stroked his belly, eliciting gurgling sounds. "He's grown significantly," Nix said. Demon children took much longer to grow, but Sai had already reached the stage of a one-year-old demon.

"Maybe it's because of his Deva side," Aleks said thoughtfully.

Sai was half demon, half Deva, like Zack. And he's a carrier, Aleks thought sadly.

"You know what I noticed," Zack said, stroking his round belly. He was now in his eighth month, just past half-time. "All Deva are half-breeds. Me and Sai are demon hybrids, Aleks is an angelic hybrid, and Hope is a human hybrid. Normally, halflings are rare, because one nature prevails, but the Deva nature seems to be able to form a symbiosis with any other race."

Nix looked at him thoughtfully. He's right. "Maybe this is a natural reaction to save the breed from extinction, because it ensures that the Deva blood is always passed on," he surmised and Aleks and Zack nodded. That made sense.

"Have your wings actually changed?" Lyric asked, who had come out of the discussion to check on his mate.

Aleks looked in a little sadly. "After birth, the shimmer was even more pronounced, but they haven't finally taken on the color yet." Aleks was worried, worried about Nix' prophecy.

"When time unfolds its silver wings, the blind blade becomes clear and emerges to bathe everything in an emerald green light."

"Well, don't look so sad, today is the initiation of Lyric and Astaroth as Sai's guardian," Zack said, patting Aleks on the shoulder.

Aleks knew he was right. Today was a solemn day, no sad thoughts allowed. The last few months had been extraordinary, because now he had a little treasure in his life that kept hi on his toes.

At first they had been overwhelmed, but slowly they had found their way into it. One point for a baby demon was that they didn't have to change diapers, but he often had to massage his belly and feed him at any time of the day when he was hungry – and he was hungry a hell of a lot. Aleks alone was often not enough, so Belial had to serve.

Early on, they had noticed Sai's gift. He was able to connect with others, Aleks shared so many times when something was wrong with him. It was as if he opened one and he gained access to all the feelings and thoughts of the other. They couldn't get used to it. This gift was extraordinary, because if they were right in their guess, he could look into each person, could simply reveal their deepest thoughts, emotions and secrets without being able to defend oneself against them. However, this seemed to work both ways, so they sometimes received confusing thoughts, without form, just a feeling or need. It was so primitive that their mind was often overwhelmed, but what should you expect from a baby?

Astaroth often stopped by as soon as he had even a small window of time, for which the two were very grateful. For some unknown reason, the prince of Hell was an effective sedative for their son. As soon as Astaroth took him in his arms, he became calm and stopped crying. He had a one hundred percent quota, which was more than fascinating. It had been surprising that Astaroth developed such tender feelings for their son, but no one stood a chance against Sai's charm.

When they heard footsteps, they knew the three of them were done with the discussion. Nix couldn't attend the ceremony – no one knew why, but there would be reasons for it.

"Are you ready?" Aleks asked, smiling and hugging Sai again.

Astaroth's eyes automatically moved to the little one's, then he nodded.

They went to the center of the training ground, where a large magic circle had already been drawn on the ground with chalk.

The initiation was very private and all the warriors were on a mission to find an angel. Lyric and Astaroth knelt on their markers, while Aleks carefully placed Sai on a cushion in the middle. He kissed him on the forehead and then left the circle.

Aleks, Belial, Zack and Lucan lined up around the circle, then they began to chant the ritual words. The magic circle began to glow faintly.

Lyric was the first to start. He took a ceremonial dagger and cut himself in the palm of his hand. Then he wetted his lips with his blood and pressed them to Sai's navel, leaving a bloody mouthprint. "With these words, I create a bond – a bond that will show you the way, that will strengthen your back, but also stop you. I tie my soul to yours, share it with you as your guardian. I will protect you with my life and stand by your side until this bond is null and void." Again he pressed his lips to the navel to seal it.

As a result, a small magic circle appeared on Sai's navel, which began to rotate, and the connection between Lyric and Sai was forged. This gave him control over the little one's inner demon.

Now it was Astaroth's turn. The words flowed from his lips and his emotions welled up. He sensed countless ones that caused chaos. Sai became restless, which surprised him. What is going on? Why is he so agitated?

As he leaned forward to tie the knot, Sai put his hand to his cheek and ice-blue eyes peered into his. What? At that moment, his world turned white.

Lyric and Lucan looked around in confusion. Astaroth was frozen, and so were Belial, Zack and Aleks. When Lucan looked at his mate, he saw that his eyes had turned white. What the hell? Immediately they looked in the middle and saw how Sai's hair had turned white-blonde and his skin glowed. Then the earth began to vibrate, and they felt a strong impulse that almost outlined them.

"Lucan, what's going on here?" Lyric asked, shaking Zack, but he neither moved nor reacted. An unpleasant feeling spread in Lyric. The air began to get heavier and breathing was suddenly more strenuous. "What's going on here?" But he received no reply.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 6.5K 44
Eli sold his soul to the devil to save his family and his village. He asked for fertile lands with clean water. The devil granted him that but it all...
12.6K 853 46
He knew me so well and as if by telepathy he always knew when to show up. He always seemed to be right there when I needed someone. There were so ma...
37.3K 4K 60
"You will take a warrior with you. Someone who can defend you in the worst case. Someone who can think strategically and who knows about the situatio...
66.4K 2.2K 27
[Completed] He has never even met him, yet he felt his touch. He sees him only in his dreams until one day where he comes to the same school. Is this...