The Consequence of Provoking...

By An-errr

The first time they met, Gu Siyu blocked Huo Junxian in the stairwell and whispered in her ear, "Be with me?"... More

Chapter 1: Special relationship
Chapter 2: Don't give apples to the devil
Chapter 3: Hug tightly
Chapter 4: Go away
Chapter 5: Taking pictures
Chapter 6: Don't provoke me
Chapter 7: Say 'I love you' to the lunatic
Chapter 8: Want to beat her
Chapter 9: Superficial/shallow
Chapter 10: Swallows Flying Over Old Power Lines
Chapter 11: Sharp Ears
Chapter 12: Are you a lunatic?"
Chapter 13: Mentally ill
Chapter 14: Sickly
Chapter 15: I'm scared
Chapter 16: Stepping on Moonlight
Chapter 17: Master
Chapter 18: Traitor
Chapter 19: A Threatening Proposal
Chapter 20: Go crazy
Chapter 21: Crazy Critic
Chapter 22: If you're willing to help, I'll repay you.
Chapter 23: Don't let three billion go to waste.
Chapter 24: Professional Matching
Chapter 25: Let's see who can run faster!
Chapter 26: Playing Games
Chapter 27: Crazy Rose
Chapter 28: Found it
Chapter 29: Watching the Game
Chapter 30: Chapter 30: Willing to Gamble and Admit Defeat.
Chapter 31: Anger
Chapter 32: Do you just love watching movies like this?
Chapter 33: You have been blacklisted.
Chapter 34: Angry
Chapter 35: Boarding the Plane
Chapter 36: Unfortunately, Huo Junxian did not push the person away either
Chapter 37: She is indeed a vicious dog
Chapter 38: Taking care of her
Chapter 39: The heartbeat is accelerating
Chapter 40: Super crazy
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106

Chapter 90

54 3 0
By An-errr

During this time, Huo Junxian went upstairs to check on Teddy several times. Each time she came down, her expression was not good. She couldn't express her emotions with words, so she became increasingly silent.

This small castle had a living room alone that was over a hundred square meters. Huo Junxian didn't idle. She started packing things, cleaning all around. The maid came over several times offering to help, but she simply couldn't accept it.

The maid was a bit afraid of her. After standing by for a while, she silently went to work in other rooms.

Gu Siyu leaned against the sofa, watching Huo Junxian use a duster to clean the cabinet and a handkerchief to wipe the bottles on the table. She was always busy, letting busyness suppress her sadness.

After a while, Gu Siyu went upstairs.

Teddy wasn't sleeping deeply. Gu Siyu gently pushed the door, and Teddy's eyelids fluttered. It made a low sound, almost reproaching Gu Siyu, and then buried its head on the cushion, ignoring her.

This little thing was still angry about Gu Siyu reporting to Huo Junxian just now.

Gu Siyu went over and squatted down, patting its head. "If you're uncomfortable, you should express it. If you keep it to yourself and your mom finds out inadvertently, she'll be very sad, won't she? Do whatever you want to do, don't hide it, okay?"

"I know you're very obedient, afraid of making your mom sad, but... when it hurts, you have to say it. Only when you express it, it will get better."

It wasn't clear if it understood or not. Teddy still didn't open its eyes. Gu Siyu touched its head. "Still hurting?"

"Ouch."

Huo Junxian had already given it medicine, but it would take a while for the medicine to take effect. Right now, it must be uncomfortable. This little guy was, in some ways, just like her.

Gu Siyu sat with it for a while. Because of the pain, Teddy would unconsciously kick its little legs and make low sounds. Gu Siyu imitated Huo Junxian's technique, gently massaging it. When it felt comfortable, it would move closer to Gu Siyu. She simply sat on the floor, and Teddy slept against her knees.

Gu Siyu also took a simple nap on the floor. The ceiling caught her eyes, with delicate decorations and crystal chandeliers on the walls.

She had been here for a few days, but apart from observing the scenery around, she hadn't paid much attention to the interior decoration.

After a while, she got up from the floor. Downstairs in the living room, there was an extra person. Huo Junxian had called a veterinarian to examine Teddy, and Gu Siyu sat on the steps listening to their conversation.

The doctor said that Teddy's condition was irreversible. At present, there was no way to make Teddy completely better; they could only try to alleviate its condition and prevent it from suffering too much. Now, they should avoid letting it engage in any vigorous activities, and it would be best not to let it move around randomly. They should just take good care of it, reducing the damage caused by old age, and letting it accompany its owner for a bit longer.

Just when Gu Siyu thought things were improving, the doctor said, "Considering its age, it's aware that its time is limited, especially for Teddy, they are quite intelligent. During this period, it will be particularly clingy. You should spend more time with it."

Huo Junxian was stammering, her forehead wrinkled and unable to relax. She struggled to say, "It should still have some time... just in the summer, it was still lively and jumping around, just recently it started getting old, it should be able to..."

"A dog's lifespan is different from ours humans. Their one year is equivalent to ten of ours. Sometimes, aging comes quite unexpectedly. Xiao Yu is already over ten years old; you should be aware."

The doctor didn't want to predict the time for animals. He just said, "Getting through this spring should not be a problem."

Such words were heavy when spoken. The veterinarian had seen many farewells between life and death, but he never got used to it, no matter how long he worked. Every life was so vivid and unique.

Whether it was humans or small animals, spending a long time with them would create emotions. It was uncontrollable. When the day of parting arrived, it would always be difficult to let go, and sorrow was inevitable.

"Be more open-minded and accompany it well," the doctor sighed lightly.

Upon careful thought, it wasn't that sudden. In the summer, Huo Junxian often gave Teddy medicine, and by autumn, Teddy's legs were in pain, requiring frequent visits to the hospital. In winter, it became increasingly sleepy.

At first, Gu Siyu didn't care much, thinking it was silly and lazy. When she became more attentive and attached, she realized that in the blink of an eye, this little fellow had turned from a playful youngster to an old one.

Teddy woke up, and Huo Junxian picked it up. After receiving a pain-relief injection, Teddy's condition improved a lot. It wasn't panting like before, and it was quite active. When awake, it was not obedient at all. Huo Junxian went to the kitchen to stew beef for it, and it insisted on following her around.

Gu Siyu picked up the dog, sat on the steps, and joked with Teddy, calling it a little eunuch. She mentioned an old saying from before the fall of the Qing Dynasty, about how if one didn't find their little treasure before dying, they would be a eunuch in the next life.

Teddy, being an intelligent dog, quickly understood. It raised its legs, looked at itself, and howled. It rolled around, amusing the adults.

"So, you must hold on until you find your little treasure," Gu Siyu said seriously. "Teddy, did you understand?"

Teddy, lying in its dog bed, let out a howl, looking pitifully at Gu Siyu, as if saying, "I'm old and can't search anymore."

"I think you're still quite young. Don't give up on yourself. Do you not want a girlfriend in the next life?" Gu Siyu asked.

Teddy raised its eyes, showing that even in its old age, it still had some interest.

"If you want, you have to listen to me," Gu Siyu said. "Don't be discouraged!"

"Woof!" Teddy responded loudly.

At night, when they returned to the room, Huo Junxian placed Teddy in the bedroom. However, Teddy didn't want to share the room with them. Every time it was brought in, it would run away. Eventually, they had to leave it in the adjacent room, leaving a slight gap in the door to hear its sounds.

The two people on the bed slept with their backs to each other, not embracing each other. Huo Junxian lay on her side, her hand against her forehead, saying, "I found it on a rainy day. We sheltered together under the eaves. It was dirty and lying next to my legs. I asked if it wanted to be with me, and it looked at me with bright eyes. I said, come to me, and I extended my hand. It crawled over to touch me, raised its paw."

"That was the first command it learned, shake hands."

Gu Siyu's eyes were a bit swollen, feeling uncomfortable. She was closer to the window, thinking it would be nice if she could see a shooting star tonight.

Facing away, both of them had red eyes, but neither looked at each other.

"Many years have passed, and I thought it would live forever."

"Well, it will."

"The doctor mentioned spring..."

The words were interrupted before completion. Gu Siyu said, "The seasons are like spring here, just one season. Don't worry."

Huo Junxian, with her back to her, couldn't feel Gu Siyu's emotions and didn't know if she had been comforted. After more than ten minutes, Huo Junxian still couldn't sleep. Her voice was hoarse as she said:

"Gu Siyu, you're lying."

...

After that, there were injections, medications, and treatments.

Teddy lay in the living room for several days, without any time for play.

Just when it was almost better, they encountered rainy weather again. Teddy, having arthritis, became listless again, crouching in its dog bed, staring outside, often lost in thought.

The spring rain in this city came intermittently, almost washing away Christmas. They didn't really celebrate this holiday; they just stayed home feeling bored.

With Teddy feeling down, the adults were also uneasy.

When the rain stopped, Gu Siyu took a basket to the small courtyard outside. When she came back, she placed the basket heavily on the ground, making the floor damp. Teddy curiously came over to see, realizing there were flowers inside. Its eyes widened, as if saying, "How dare you pick flowers belonging to my owner! Don't pick!"

Not only did Gu Siyu pick the flowers, but she also used them to play with Teddy's face. She put a flower in its ear, and Teddy crouched, shaking its head. Seizing the opportunity, Gu Siyu deftly used the flowers to make a flower crown for Teddy. "Here, for you."

Teddy hesitated for a few seconds before sticking its head out. Gu Siyu put the flower crown on it, and it gained some strength, eagerly going to show Huo Junxian. It lay at her feet, moving its head.

"Looks good." Huo Junxian put down the fruit tray and squatted down to adjust the flower crown, praising it. "Oh my, our Xiao Yu looks so beautiful."

Teddy shook the flower crown off, and Huo Junxian picked it up. "This is for me. Thank you, Xiao Yu. I really like it."

Huo Junxian looked much better wearing the flower crown than Teddy did. Gu Siyu had woven it using roses and green vines from the yard, making her look like a fairy. Huo Junxian and Teddy bumped their heads together, playing around.

"Woof!" Teddy wiggled its hips and went to find Gu Siyu again, indicating that she should weave another flower crown.

Gu Siyu had the skill to weave flower crowns, and in a few minutes, she could make one. She put another one on Teddy, but Teddy was not satisfied and nudged over, implying that it wanted another.

"Why are you so greedy?" Gu Siyu continued to weave a new one and handed it to Teddy. Teddy raised its chin, and Gu Siyu fulfilled its wish, putting the extra flower crown on her own head.

With everyone wearing flower crowns, the atmosphere became lively. The house, damp from the humid weather, now had the scent of fresh flowers, making it less boring.

When the sun came out, Huo Junxian took Teddy outside for some fresh air. She called Gu Siyu, "Go upstairs and bring the camera for me."

Gu Siyu agreed.

Coincidentally, Chen Tao escorted the doctor and came down the stairs. He jogged down, making a thumping sound on the steps. He held a notepad and planned to buy some things on his way back. Gu Siyu watched him leave, took out her phone, quickly scanned it, and then chased after him, saying, "Wait, help me get something."

"What do you want?" Chen Tao looked at her in confusion, wondering if he should report to Huo Junxian.

"Just buy me a pocket watch this big." Gu Siyu gestured with her fingers, forming a circle. "A pocket watch, not a wristwatch."

Chen Tao thought for a moment. "A Christmas gift for Miss? What price range are you looking for?"

Gu Siyu had never bought a watch before. She had bought a twenty-five yuan one in junior high, just following the trend for a while.

She said, "Two million, do they have that?"

"Of course, we have that." Chen Tao was initially serious but smiled when leaving.

Gu Siyu went outside with the camera. She squatted on the grass to test the feel. Just as she pressed the shutter button, she felt someone upstairs looking at her. Gu Siyu looked up and saw the woman from yesterday. The woman's body was almost against the glass window. Their eyes met, and suddenly, the woman opened the window, propped herself up, but in the next second, she was quickly pulled back by the maid, who then closed the window tightly.

Because the distance was a bit far, Gu Siyu could only see a faint silhouette and couldn't figure out what was happening over there. She pushed her doubts to the back of her mind.

The lush and dense layers of tree leaves were stacked, and the sunlight appeared in a warm yellow hue, the gentle kind of spring.

Huo Junxian stood under the tree, her gaze soft as she accompanied Teddy. Gu Siyu suddenly remembered the painting in Huo Junxian's villa, the one with a similar gentle wind and trees, the only difference being the weather, one depicted a fiery sunset, the other a post-rain scene.

Teddy slowly moved towards Huo Junxian, the little ball moving at a slow pace. When it was almost there, Huo Junxian took a few steps forward, picked Teddy up, and spun around, rubbing Teddy's head against hers.

Huo Junxian shook off the flowers, and Teddy barked. Huo Junxian squatted down to pick up the flowers. A few times, they looked at Gu Siyu and gestured for her to come over and join them. Gu Siyu didn't move.

Gu Siyu's attitude toward Huo Junxian was complicated. She felt annoyed and wanted to leave now, but...

Don't think about the specifics of "but," thinking about it made her indecisive.

What to do, what to do?

Gu Siyu's mood was like a roller coaster, one moment rushing forward, the next turning a corner. She took a deep breath and hung the camera around her neck, striking a confident pose to take pictures of Teddy.

Teddy always pulled Huo Junxian, posing in photos with her no matter how they were taken. Teddy's photo sessions had a touch of a maternal vibe, either lying diagonally in flower beds with a flower in its mouth, or squatting under the flowers, looking up at the sky.

After taking the pictures, Gu Siyu sat on the ground and reviewed the shots. The ground was still a bit damp, but she didn't bother to get up.

Aunt Zhang had a keen eye. Seeing them playing in the back, she had been watching the backyard. Workers were laying out mats and cushions on the ground, inviting them to sit there and play.

Gu Siyu moved to a new spot and simply lay down. Huo Junxian put her head on Gu Siyu's thigh. Gu Siyu had to follow suit and move, fearing that Huo Junxian might twist her head off.

She looked at the sky, and the sunlight was slightly dazzling. "Is the woman upstairs your mom?" Gu Siyu asked.

"Yeah."

"Gu Siyu." Huo Junxian's thin lips moved a bit. She looked at Gu Siyu, as if she was going to say something like, 'Can you stay with me during this time?' but she didn't say anything.

"What do you want to say?" Gu Siyu asked.

Huo Junxian was stunned, staring at Gu Siyu with a puzzled look. After a long while, she gradually came back to her senses. It turned out she had just thought for a moment and didn't actually say anything.

"Nothing." Huo Junxian raised her hand, resting it on Gu Siyu's face. Gu Siyu was still prickly, always avoiding her hand, especially when she couldn't see anything. She felt more nervous and afraid in the pitch black.

"Don't fuss, take your hand away, and let me see how the photos turned out."

She had been sitting on the grass for a long time, and moonlight began to emerge. The scattered stars were visible in the sky, and the wind from the distant woods blew over, leaves rustling against each other. It was the gentle sound of spring.

All the lights in the yard were on. Aunt Zhang brought the food to the yard, and they sat around a small table to eat. Teddy didn't act up like before, obediently eating what it could eat.

Gu Siyu took out her phone and checked Weibo for updates. The current hot searches were all about the first snowfall in a certain region.

Oh, it's still winter now.

The first snowfall, this year's first snowfall hasn't arrived yet.

Even though she was in the country, she felt like she had been exiled to a deserted island.

Gu Siyu couldn't allow herself to be soft-hearted. Huo Junxian was never soft-hearted towards her. She reminded herself in her heart not to soften her emotions. When it was time to relax, she should pull back abruptly.

There's a saying that goes, the longer it's dragged out, the harder it is to leave.

As soon as possible, as soon as possible, as soon as possible!

She repeated it to herself over and over in her mind.

Gu Siyu scanned her messages again. There was no movement there. She exhaled a sigh of relief.

But as soon as she was about to put her phone back into her pocket, she received an email. She glanced at it. The email contained a link, looking very much like a gambling website sent by a scam group.

Gu Siyu frowned, feeling uneasy. She hesitated whether to open it and take a look or just lock the screen and put the phone away. But while playing with Teddy, Huo Junxian accidentally hit her shoulder with the ball. Gu Siyu's finger slipped, and she inadvertently clicked on it.

The internet speed was fast, and a compressed file popped up, prompting her whether to download it. The name: All information about Huo Junxian.

-----------------------

Translator's note: Why do I feel like crying again? Sigh....

TO BE CONTINUE...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 973 22
18+ dark romance " be my girlfriend " " I know i am pretty but don't be this desperate " ----------------------------------- " you pick her between...
109 7 15
Song Huiqiao recounts her past with a girl from her childhood, Lin Xiawei, that became the main focus of her life. Two girls, one that due to a certa...
99.5K 2.9K 42
[Treasure #1] "Wait a sec. Did you do something to me?!?" "What if I say I did?" ×•× Different incidents br...
2.2K 50 27
This is my first story so I hope I do good! I saw that there are barely ANY x M!reader southpark books here so I decided to make one myself The pov o...