do i wanna know? [ERENxF.READ...

Od ianhecoxluvsu

You're a comfortable girl. You like your solitude and enjoy your own company very much. You became close over... Více

Character Descriptions/Visuals
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
epilogue

twenty eight

602 26 72
Od ianhecoxluvsu

A/N: this chapter is so crazy so all i can say is good luck because you WILL BE thrown off LMAO-ian :3

☆☆☆☆☆

 Eren drove quietly since he assumed I didn't want to talk about it. I'd rather talk about anything else, honestly. The sun set and the empty roads were illuminated by his headlights. He placed his hand on my knee and rubbed it with some offer of comfort.

I watched his scarred knuckles and placed my hand over his, caressing it in return, letting him know that I wasn't shutting him out. I sniffled, not crying at all yet. But it was chilly at night. I looked at him.

"Can we stop by my Dad's really quick? I figured since we were passing that I could pick up some shit I've been meaning to get," I tell him. He glanced at me before nodding.

"Yeah, of course," He tells me.

And after twenty minutes, Eren pulled into the driveway. I looked at him before getting out.

"I'll be quick. It's just a couple of things," I tell him. He looks at me with a small smile before nodding. I get out and approach the door before opening it since it was unlocked.

"Dad? I'm gonna pick some things up," I say aloud in the house before going upstairs and to my old room. I grab a couple of items of clothing and some skincare I've been meaning to get before putting it into a small bag in my room and leaving. I didn't see Dad anywhere so I assumed he probably wasn't home anyhow.

I locked the door before getting out and going back into Eren's car. I put the bag in the back seat before putting my seatbelt on. Eren looked at me.

"All set?" He asked me. I nod.

"Yeah. Thank you," I tell him before leaning in and giving him a kiss. He backs out of the driveway and we continue the drive back home.

We held hands casually as we drove down the highway. A car behind us kept its distance before picking up its speed. Eren eyed the rearview mirror, skeptical.

"Why is he being an asshole? Riding right fucking behind me," He says to no one in particular. I turned and looked at the car before blue and red lights started to illuminate through the back of the car. Eren's eyebrows creased.

"The fuck...?" He says under his breath. I sighed.

"Probably just bored cops wanting to pull someone over for some fun," I tell him. He sighed.

"Maybe." The car starts to slow down before Eren eventually pulls completely over on the side of the empty highway.

The cop car kept its lights on as the officer stepped out of the car, approaching Eren's side. Eren puts his window down and keeps his hands on the wheel, looking at the cop.

"Hey, how are we doing tonight?" The officer asked us as he shined a bright flashlight into the car.

"Fine. Wanna tell me why you pulled me over?" He asks the officer, a little impatient but still nice.

"Just a routine traffic stop is all. I ran your tags and they're all set. I just need your license and registration with insurance and you should be all set," He explains. Eren sighs before going into his pocket to grab his wallet. I went into the glove compartment in front of me and look for the papers, handing them to Eren before he grabbed it and handed it to the officer.

"Alright...I'm just gonna run this on the system and I'll have these back for you, okay?" He asks Eren. Eren nodded before he walked away and back into the car. We looked at each other.

"Routine traffic stop is a nicer way of saying that he was fucking bored," Eren tells me. I chuckle.

"See? I told you," I told him. We waited for a couple minutes while another cop car pulled up in front of us. Our eyebrows creased.

"The fuck did he call for backup for?" Eren asks with some irritation and confusion. The officer that took Eren's information came back and handed him his things back.

"Everything looks good," The officer tells him. I put the papers back in their spots.

"Okay. So can I go now then?" Eren asks with full blown irritation. The officer in front of us got out of the car and approached my side of the car. I looked at him with some confusion.

"Eren, can you step out of the car for me?" The officer asks Eren. I looked at both windows before the officer asked me to put my window down. I did.

"Can you step out of the car for me, ma'am?" He asked me. Eren and I look at each other before getting out in unison.

"Turn around for me," The officers tell Eren and I. We faced each other on each side of the car before the officer grabbed my wrists and put them together, cuffing them. I heard cuffing on Eren's side too.

"Eren Jaeger, you're under arrest for grand theft auto with the suspicion of racketeering. Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law–" My eyes widened at the sound of the charges.

"Grand theft auto?! Racketeering?! Eren what the fuck did you do?!" I shout at him angrily. Eren chuckled in response before he was pulled away to the back of a cop car. I turned over my shoulder and looked at the cop behind me.

"And what the fuck am I under arrest for?" I angrily ask him.

"I'm going to conduct a quick pat down. Do you have anything sharp on you that can pinch, poke, stab, or hurt me?" He asks, ignoring my question.

"No. Can you answer my fucking question?" I ask him angrily. He finishes patting me down before answering.

"You're under arrest under the suspicion that you are an accessory to racketeering related to Eren Jaeger. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law. If you do not have the means for an attorney, one will be appointed to you. Do you understand your rights?" He answers calmly, asking. I scoffed in disbelief.

"Accessory? Are you fucking with me? Is this actually happening?" I asked an abundance of questions.

"Do you understand the rights I read to you, ma'am?" He asks the question again. I sighed.

"Yes. Jesus," I answer, annoyed while he pushed me to the back of the cop car, putting me inside and shutting the door.

☆☆☆☆☆

The officers hauled Eren and I in together into the station before putting us on benches near each other, cuffing us to the handles of the benches. We saw Armin cuffed to another bench and he glanced at us before his eyes widened at the sight of me.

"Armin too? What the fuck is going on?" I ask myself.

"Stay here. We'll start processing soon," The officers told Eren and I as we sat with a gap between us. Armin sat next to Eren with a smaller gap. I scoffed before looking at Eren as he looked at me with a small smile.

"You're smiling? While we're cuffed to a fucking bench in a police station and we got felony charges on us? You're fucking smiling?" I angrily ask Eren. Eren sighed before losing the smile, sensing my anger.

"Relax. They'll drop your charges once they interview you and find out that you had no clue about any of it," He tells me.

"Any of what, Eren?" I ask him with a wary voice. He looked at Armin, who scoffed in disbelief that I was here.

"Eren. Any of what." I barely ask. I was livid. He shook his head before sighing again.

"Nothing. Just ask for a lawyer," He tells me. I sighed with anger.

"What the fuck is Armin doing here?" I ask.

"What other reason do you think?" Armin cops an attitude. Eren lightly kicks Armin's leg.

"Watch your fucking tone," He tells Armin, warning him. Armin scoffs.

"Fuck you, Eren," He dismisses him, looking away.

"Quiet!" An officer at a desk orders us. I shook my head, looking down as I shook my leg in anger. I chuckled at the predicament I was in at the moment. You know, you'd think your first arrest would be something stupid and petty. Not a fucking felony.

"Can someone loosen these fucking cuffs? Seriously. It's gonna break my fucking wrists," I announce to anyone. Eren watched me with a small smile. He was entertained by my anger.

"Keep it down."

"Fuck you. Loosen my cuffs," I order in a sour tone. An officer approaches me and looks at me.

"Are you going to keep shouting orders?" He asks me, trying to sound threatening.

"Depends. Are you gonna loosen these fucking cuffs?"

"Do you wanna go in the drunk tank instead where people are passed out in their own vomit and shit?" He warns me. I bite my lip angrily.

"That's what I thought. Keep it down." He walked away. I sighed before looking up at the ceiling, chuckling again before looking at Eren.

"You got me in this fucking mess. You're getting me out." He nodded at my statement.

"Of course I am. Just calm down," He attempts to keep me calm. I laughed lightly at his response before sighing again.

"I'm gonna pretend that you didn't just tell me to calm down."

☆☆☆☆☆

My back hurt from slouching on the bench, sleeping. I felt a light kick on my foot and I straightened up before an officer unlocked the cuffs around my wrists before putting them back on with my hands in front of me instead.

"Processing. Let's go." I looked to my right and Eren and Armin were gone. I sighed before standing up and following the officer to the back of the station. I looked around for any sign of Eren or Armin before I was taken into a room where there was a small desk for a machine and a camera with a blank wall behind me.

I sat down at the desk and another officer that was already there, looked at me with pursed lips.

"Checked your ID from the car. Y/n L/n, right?" She asks for confirmation as she moves a computer mouse around on a mousepad, looking at the monitor. I sighed.

"Yeah."

"Clean record. Pretty big first charge. Go big or go home, right?" She teases. I look at her with a straight face.

"I didn't do any of the shit you're accusing me of."

"Right. It's my first time hearing that one," She sarcastically replies before grabbing my hands and starting fingerprints. I watched her as she scanned my fingers before looking over my information. She turned the monitor to me.

"Confirm that all of this is correct for me," She tells me. I look at the information before nodding.

"Yeah." She nodded before jerking her head towards the wall behind me.

"Step over there and put your back to the wall. Look straight ahead at the camera for me," She tells me. I hesitatingly put my back against the wall and sighed before looking directly at the camera in front of me. She pressed down on the small button of the camera before a bracelet printed out. She grabbed my wrist and put it on me. She pointed at it.

"Confirm that this is you." I looked at the information and my mugshot before nodding.

"Yes." She nodded at the officer that waited for me at the door before he grabbed me and walked me down a hallway.

"You're handling me like I'm a grown fucking man that committed murder. Can you calm the fuck down?" I frustratingly ask him as he opens the door to a room. There was nothing in the room but a camera in the corner of the ceiling, a table, and two chairs across from each other.

"Oh, finally. Someone's gonna fucking ask me questions and find out that I have no fucking clue why I'm here. Thank you," I rudely told the officer as I sat down in a chair. The officer cuffed my feet to the seat before getting another pair of handcuffs and cuffing me to the metal bar in the center of the table. I scoffed.

"Did I kill someone and not know? All this shit is unnecessary,"

"Shut up," An officer tells me.

"Fuck you." He sighs in response before leaving the room. I looked around the empty room before looking up at the camera in anger. I rolled my eyes before looking at the wall, refusing to face the camera.

I put my head down on the table and closed my eyes, deciding to sleep to let time pass. After about ten minutes, I hear the door open. I put my head up and lean back against the back of my chair, watching an investigator walk in and sit across from me with a folder.

"How are we today?" He asked me. I scoff.

"Not a good day, clearly." He chuckled lightly as he adjusted himself in the seat across from me.

"Sorry to hear that." He looks into his folder before looking at me, his elbows on the table and his hands holding each other.

"Do you know why you're here?" He asked me. I shook my head.

"I know what I got arrested for but I have no fucking clue where it came from so maybe you can fucking enlighten me," I tell him, frustrated. He nodded.

"Right. So, we arrested you because we suspected that you were an accessory to a crime."

"Okay. What crime?"

"Grand theft auto and racketeering."

"And how the fuck did you infer that so confidently?" I ask, frustrated. He goes into his folder before pulling out three photos and placing them on the table for me to see. My eyebrows creased at the photos.

One of them was Eren and I months ago, in the new car he bought. Another was me getting out of Eren's car when I went to the pharmacy today. And the last one was the picture of the new car Eren bought.

"Do you understand why I'm showing you these photos?" He asked me. I shook my head.

"No but it's pretty weird if you ask me." He laughed lightly before pointing at the picture of the car.

"Does this car look familiar to you at all?" He asked. I observed the car before answering.

"I want a lawyer."

"That makes you look a little guilty."

"I don't care what it makes me look like. Lawyer. And when can I get my phone call?" I ask him. He watched me for a moment before sighing.

"We can give you your phone call while we wait for your lawyer. Do you have a lawyer you can call or do you need one appointed to you?" He asked me. I opened my mouth to speak before a knock interrupted. The door opened and a woman in a pantsuit and a suitcase entered, smiling at me smally before looking at the detective with a straight face. She put her hand out for him to shake.

"Faye Jaeger. Y/n's lawyer. No further questions until I can get my client in a non-monitored room and until she gets her phone call," She tells him sternly. He stood up and shook her hand.

"Jaeger? Like Eren Jaeger? I'm afraid that's a conflict of interest–"

"I'm not that dumbass's lawyer. I'm her lawyer. So there's no conflict of interest. What was your name? It's rude not to introduce yourself, detective," She tells him. He clears his throat before speaking.

"Nile Dok." She nodded.

"Nile, a room without cameras where I can speak to my client in confidentiality. Now. Please and thank you," She orders him before looking at me.

"And get these damn cuffs off her. She's not a serial murderer," She tells Nile as he walks out of the room. An officer comes in and unlocks me from the table and chair, completely freeing me of the cuffs. I sighed with relief as I rubbed my wrists. I stood up and she smiled at me.

"Come," She tells me before walking out of the room. I walked behind her as an officer led her to another room. I walked in with her and she looked around, inspecting the area for any bugs before nodding, sitting down in a chair. I sat down across from her, the table between us.

"Y/n, right? I'm Faye. I'm going to be helping you out of this shithole of a mess that my nephew dragged you into so you can trust me, okay?" She asks me. My eyebrows raised as my eyes widened.

"You're Eren's aunt?" I ask for confirmation.

"Unfortunately. Let's start with how the fuck they got you here, yeah? Tell me everything you know relating to this. Leave nothing out," She tells me. I nodded as I rubbed my wrists, looking at my hair tie that I forgot was on my wrist.

"Well, Eren was driving me home from a trip we were on with our friends and then a cop pulled us over and approached Eren. Asked for license and registration and then his insurance so Eren complied. And then while we were waiting to get his information back, another cop car pulled in front of us and then Eren and I started to grow suspicious. So after the cop handed Eren his shit back, they both asked us to get out of the car and we did. Then they turned us around and cuffed us."

"Did they read you your rights?" She asks. I nod.

"Yeah. And told me and Eren what we were getting arrested for. We went in separate cars and now I'm here," I finished.

"Did Eren look nervous? Or like he suspected he knew what the backup would be for?" She asks as she writes things down on her notepad. I shook my head.

"No. Not nervous at all. Just a little agitated because the cop originally told us it was a routine traffic stop so we didn't see the need for backup. But we were both pretty clueless," I answer. She nodded as she wrote.

"How did he look or act like when placed under arrest?" She asks me. My eyebrows creased at her questions.

"Are you trying to imply something?" I ask her a question. She looked at me, putting her pen down before sighing.

"Look, based on your responses with me and the officers who can account, you seem pretty clueless. But the only feasible evidence they have on you is not something we can sweep under the rug."

"What evidence against me?" I ask frustratingly since I was the only one that had no clue what they had against me.

"I'll get to that. But the point is: Eren's charges are both class A felonies. That's serious time. And I'm not pointing fingers but I wouldn't be surprised if he was guilty. And my job is to not have you in the system and put in prison."

"You want me to turn on Eren?"

"He's already guilty. I mean the proof is in the pudding, sweetheart." I scoffed.

"I'm not saying anything that incriminates Eren or Armin. It's not like I fucking know anything anyway–"

"Then why were you driving in your ex boyfriend's stolen car with Eren?" She finally asks me the question. I remained silent at the question before my eyebrows creased with confusion.

"...What?" She sighed.

"Did you not know that it was Colt Grice's car when you drove with Eren in it?" She asks another question.

"Wh–...The Camaro?" I ask her. She shook her head.

"The white BMW, Y/n. According to Colt's accounts, you've driven with him in the same car to be familiar with it. Look, you can play dumb with the judge but you have to be honest with me in order for me to help you."

"I am being honest with you. I didn't fucking know Eren stole Colt's car. Why the fuck would I know something like that?" I ask her. She watched me for a moment before sighing.

"Okay. I believe you. But this is good if you're running with this story. This makes it easy for the jury to let you go and for the judge to drop the charges since you have no prior criminal record."

"No. You're saying that like I'm lying. I genuinely have no fucking clue what's going on," I inform her.

"I bet. Seems like Eren didn't tell you shit to protect you in case this shit show happened. I can work with it so consider yourself lucky. Your bail was posted and paid for so you're free to go but we have to meet everyday and try not to get into any trouble while this entire thing is going down."

"Wait. What about Eren and Armin?" I ask her. She stood up and scoffed.

"They're as good as fucked. They haven't posted their bail yet so it's a waiting game. Call someone you know to pick you up. Pick your shit up at the front. And here–" She starts to write something down before handing it to me.

"Save my number. You'll need it. I look forward to saving your ass. You're welcome," She told me.

"Who bailed me out?" She turned around, looking over her shoulder.

"I did. Through Eren. So technically, Eren did," She answered before leaving. I looked down in the empty room and saw the piece of paper with her number scribbled on it. I put it in my pocket before sighing.

"Fuck..." I whispered to myself.

An officer escorted me to the front desk of the station, where I was handed a bag of my belongings and my luggage that was in Eren's trunk. I sighed before sitting at the bench in the common area. I had my phone now so I checked it and no one from the friend group texted me except for Armin.

armeen :3

armeen :3

If you're with Eren, tell him to call me ASAP

Tell Eren to drop you off somewhere and take an uber home

(armeen :3 emphasized "Tell Eren to drop you off somewhere and take an uber home")

I sighed at the sight of the text. Armin was already here when we got here so he was probably warning us. If I called Dad, he'd freak out and ask questions. If I called Mom, she'd be worse than him. And no one is talking to me now.

I had no one.

And I didn't want to go home and face the empty apartment Mikasa and I share either. I shut my phone off before putting my hands over my face, sighing deeply, contemplating my options. I pulled my phone back out and called the only person I could call that didn't make me want to shoot myself.

The phone rang a couple of times before the line picked up.

"It's been awhile. What's up?" I hear a familiar voice. I sighed, trying not to cry.

"Willy, I need you to do me a big favor."

☆☆☆☆☆

I saw the familiar car pull up to the front of the station and I took a deep breath before walking out and getting in the car. I looked at the station before looking at Willy, who gave me a small smile.

"What are the cells like?" He asked me. I roll my eyes.

"I didn't go to jail. I got processed and released," I corrected him. He chuckles before driving away.

"They're gonna love hearing this story," He tells me as he looks forward.

"No. Don't tell any of them. I just need to go home. Just take me home, please. That's all. And don't tell anyone about it. That's all I'm asking of you."

"Sounds like you're asking for a lot. Did Eren put you in there?" He presses. My eyes darted over to him.

"Don't talk about him."

"Lots of orders coming from someone who was in need of a favor."

"Then let me get out if you think it means I have to talk about shit that I don't wanna talk about."

"Why didn't you get an uber? Or a cab?" He asks. I scoffed.

"The fares were crazy expensive and it would've taken longer than you to get here since it's night," I explain. He hummed, nodding.

"I see. Why me? What about all your college friends?" He asks. I look out of the window.

"They're not my friends."

"Ah, I get it now. So what misdemeanor got you behind bars?" He asks.

"You ask too many questions."

"Just want to catch up with a good friend." I sighed.

"Not a misdemeanor."

"No?"

"Felonies. Two." He snickered before scoffing in disbelief.

"Wait, you're actually serious."

"Yes, Willy. I am fucking serious. Please, just take me the fuck home and let me think about how not to go to prison in peace. Can you do that for me?" I angrily ask him. Silence ensued for the rest of the ride.

He pulled into my Dad's driveway and parked before looking at the house and looking back at me.

"You smell like a jail."

"Thank you for the ride. Don't tell anyone, okay?" I ask for confirmation. He nods.

"Yes, Jesus. I won't tell. But if you're in need of stress relief, you should come hang out with us tomorrow night," He suggests. My eyebrows creased.

"What?"

"We're all hanging out at my place tomorrow night so if you want to come, you can. The girls miss you. Maybe not Colt but..." He trails off.

"If Colt's bitch ass is there then I'm not going. You can tell him that too," I tell him. He chuckles.

"It's so on point for you two to argue and bicker like a married couple."

"Willy, it's not harmless anymore. Just stop." He watches me for a moment before nodding.

"Yeah. Okay. Well, see ya," He tells me. I nodded before taking my things out of the car and going inside of the house. I closed the door lightly, thinking that Dad was sleeping. I sighed at the sound of silence. I grabbed my things and quietly lifted them up the stairs and into my room before shutting the door and locking it.

I observed my room, stuck in time from the year before. Still and quiet. And I slowly walked to my bed, falling face first onto it and sobbing into my sheets.

☆☆☆☆☆

I fell asleep the same way I fell onto my bed. I was woken up in the middle of the night by my phone ringing. I groggily went into my pocket and pulled it out before answering it mindlessly.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hello, this is a collect call from the Paradis Police Department from Eren Jaeger. To accept this call, please press one. To decline this call, you may hang up." The automated voice tells me. I sighed before opening up my number pad and pressing one.

"Please note that this is a paid call and the charges will be sent to the address of the holder of this phone number. All calls are monitored. Your time is five minutes." The line clicks before I hear murmurs in the background.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey babe," I hear Eren's calm and affectionate tone. I rolled my eyes before sitting up.

"They're still holding you there?" I ask him. He hummed.

"Yeah. Armin and I are in different pods though. Keeping us separate. Officially in jail now. You gonna put money on my commissary?" He jokes. I don't laugh.

"I don't get how you think this shit is funny. Felony charges, Eren. And you still haven't told me what the fuck is going on."

"I know. But we have five minutes and they let me have my call before they put me in my cell so..."

"So why did you call me and not your dad?" He scoffed.

"You think he's gonna pull me out of this stupid ass fucking mess? Nah. Not after our last conversation anyway." I sighed.

"Is your bail posted? And why did you bail me out?" I ask.

"Not posted but if it were then it would easily cost over half a mil to get me out. No use. And I bailed you out because you're innocent. I got you out of the mess, didn't I? At least temporarily. Now you're not sleeping in a cell. That's all I care about," He answers. My expression softened at his care. I almost forgot to be upset.

"You didn't need to do that shit. I could've handled it."

"Yeah but it's my fault. Which this call is also for me to say that I'm very fucking sorry for all of this. I keep on doing shit that just...Doesn't make us move forward. So I'm sorry. When I get out, let me make it up to you. I promise I'll lay it all out for you. It's worth it to me," He tells me. I thought about what he said. Two minutes remaining. Please wrap up conversations. The automated voice reminds us. I sighed.

"You're that confident that you're gonna get out? How many years are you looking at?" I ask him.

"A decade or two maybe. Probably more. But I doubt they'd keep me in for that long. I can make it work, just trust me."

"I don't know Eren. I didn't get involved with you just so you could fucking lie to me about shit like this."

"I know. I'm sorry. I get where you're coming from. Faye is gonna take care of you, I promise. And write down my Dad's number. You're gonna have to call him for me." I take my phone out of my ear before writing his dad's number down. I put the phone back to my ear.

One minute. Please wrap up prior conversations.

"Do you know when you have court?" He asked me. I shook my head.

"I have to talk to Faye. Do you know?" I ask.

"Nah. They're probably gonna keep me here for a couple of weeks. Maybe a month before my date gets set." He sighs.

"Fuck."

"Yeah. Fuck." I repeat in a petty manner.

"I'll call you tomorrow if my Dad doesn't bail me out. Okay? Be near your phone," He tells me. I sighed before nodding.

"Okay. Bye," I tell him.

"Bye baby."

"Don't start with the jail talk." He chuckled.

"What? You don't like pet names?" He teases before the line drops. I stared at my phone before sighing and calling Eren's dad. How the fuck am I gonna explain this shit to him?

I held the phone to my ear and heard the line ring before it picked up.

"Hello?" He sounded awake and alert. I assumed he was working a long shift at the hospital.

"Mr. Jaeger? Is this Eren's dad?" I ask.

"Yes, this is him. Why? Who's calling?" His professional voice asks. I cleared my throat nervously.

"This is Y/n, a friend of Eren. He told me to call you because he wanted you to know that he was arrested and is in jail at the moment." Silence for a moment.

"Are you...Serious? Jail? What for?" He asks. I didn't want to be the one to break this kind of news so I acted clueless.

"I'm not sure. He's in Paradis being held. They haven't posted bail or a court date so he's still in jail," I answer. He sighed.

"...Thank you, Y/n. If you know anything, please do not hesitate to call me and inform me," He tells me. I nod.

"Of course, Mr. Jaeger. I'm sorry to interrupt. Bye," I hang up. I toss my phone before looking at my now bruised wrists before pulling my jail bracelet off. I sighed and stood up, gathering some things and going to the bathroom to shower today off of me.

☆☆☆☆☆

I woke up the next morning to a phone call. I picked up my phone and answered it, sighing.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Lots to discuss today. You got a court date." My eyebrows creased.

"How did you get my number? Didn't you give me yours?" I ask Faye. She hummed.

"I did. But I managed. I needed to relay this info to you anyhow. Did Eren call you?" She asks. I sighed again before sitting up. I nodded.

"Yeah. Still have no clue what the fuck is going on," I tell her. She chuckled.

"You never know with Jaegers. We're all pretty confusing people. Meet me at the address I'm about to send you for an impromptu meeting. Please and thank you. Bye." She hangs up. I heard a knock at my door and I opened it, seeing Dad at the door, looking at me with some awe that I was even home.

He smiled at me softly before chuckling, pulling me into a hug. I had my arms on my side for a moment before hesitatingly patting his back and hugging him back.

"I didn't know you were going to be here for Spring Break," He tells me before letting me go. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I might not be around often but yeah," I tell him, sugarcoating the situation.

"Where's Mikasa? Is she not with you?" He asks curiously. I sighed before shaking my head.

"Nah, no. She's near Forks right now. I have to do some things anyway. I'll be back soon," I tell him. He nods.

"Should I make some lunch then? I learned this new mac and cheese recipe. You wanna try?" He asks. I give him a small smile and nod.

"Sure. Thanks," I tell him. He nodded before walking away. I closed my door and got ready before getting dressed and heading out.

☆☆☆☆☆

I see her sitting down and looking through a folder before spotting me and giving me a pursed smile. I approach her before sitting down in front of her, waiting for her to speak. She closed the folder before looking at me and sighing.

"Okay. So let's jump right into it. I need to know the relationship you and Colt Grice had. Ex boyfriend? Fling?" She asks. I sighed before rubbing my eyes, getting ready to explain.

"He was a close friend...Who I also happened to be hooking up with." She nods.

"When was the last time you guys had sex or any romantic interaction?" She asks. I hummed, thinking about it.

"Uh...Probably a couple of months now? Early January or late December? I can't remember the exact time," I answer. She nodded, writing things down.

"Alright. And what was he like?" She asks. I groaned before sighing again. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Obsessed with me I guess. A little crazy. He'd grab me on my wrists tightly or pin me up against the wall. One time, he bruised my neck because he held me against the wall by my neck. I can name a couple of times that he's put his hands on me publicly. But he's never hit me," I tell her. She wrote things down with a raised eyebrow.

"Was he controlling?" She asks.

"Not necessarily. Just...Needy for answers. Always worried about the specifics of shit. We were never together and it made him mad because he thought I owed him some kind of loyalty. I guess he got vindictive," I reply. She hummed.

"Sounds like it, right?" Her question seemed underlying. My eyebrows twitched.

"What are you trying to say?" I ask her, confused.

"No. It's what you're trying to say."

"Still not following." She sighed.

"He got attached, got physical with you, felt like getting revenge by putting your new guy behind bars and hopefully you too. He probably thinks you had something to do with that. You said there were multiple accounts of him putting his hands on you in public. Do you have witnesses that can draft statements against him?" She asks. I nod.

"Yeah."

"Then that'll get you out of doing time, easily. Jealous ex-fling frames the one who moved on to other things. Perfect story. And your lack of knowledge pulls your story together. This is a good case we're building here." I nodded.

"Okay. Then when is my date?" I ask her. She looked into her folder before handing me a copy.

"They sent me a copy. A couple of days from now." She pulls another paper out and hands it to me. I read the top of it:

THE STATE OF WASHINGTON (PARADIS)

V.

EREN JAEGER

I look up at her, confused. She sighed.

"He wanted you to have the date they set for him. They posted his bail last night after processing too. Eight hundred thousand dollars. He has court next month that determines if he goes to trial."

"And if he goes to trial?" I ask.

"He'll be held until trial. But for now, since bail is posted, even though it's pricey, it's possible for him to be out now if you or someone you know can put the money together," She tells me. I sighed before shaking my head.

"There's no way I have this kind of money." I look back down at the paper before looking at the court date. If I were able to pay this for him, he'd be out for a month before going to court. I nodded, a bit defeated.

"Thanks, Faye. You have no idea how much you're helping me out," I tell her. She shrugs her shoulders calmly.

"It's what I do. I'll call you if anything changes. Stay out of trouble. And stay within Paradis lines for me too. Or else they'll think you're running," She informs me. I nodded.

"Yeah, of course. Thanks. I'll call you if anything changes with Eren," I tell her. She scoffed before standing up.

"What a dear you are," She tells me before leaving.

☆☆☆☆☆

"Hello, this is a collect call from the Paradis Police Department from Eren Jaeger. To accept this call, please press one. To decline this call, you may hang up." I press one.

"Please note that this is a paid call and the charges will be sent to the address of the holder of this phone number. All calls are monitored. Your time is fifteen minutes." The line clicks.

"Hey, you okay?" I ask him. He sighed.

"I'm fine. Did Faye tell you?"

"Yeah. Eight hundred thousand, huh?" I ask. He chuckled.

"Yup. I easily thought I'd go up to a million. That's fine," He tells me. My eyebrows creased.

"You have the money?" I ask him. He cleared his throat.

"You got court in a couple of days, don't you?" He asks. I nodded, even though I knew that he couldn't see me.

"Yeah. Faye says that we have a good case so I hope shit gets cleared up before break is over. This past day has felt like a fucking fever dream." He chuckled.

"I bet. It'll be fine for you."

"Yeah but what about you and Armin?" I ask. Silence for a moment.

"Don't worry about us. We're handling it, okay? Are you at your dad's?" He asks. I nod.

"Yeah. He was happy to see me. It felt weird."

"My Dad visited me today. This morning. He was pissed," Eren tells me. I scoffed before laying back on my bed.

"Yeah? I bet. Calling him to tell him was the worst thing I've ever had to do. I wanted to die," I half-joke. He chuckled.

"Sorry about that too. Seems like I'm just righting my wrongs lately," He tells me. I chuckle.

"Seems like it, yeah. A whole month until your date. I won't be able to see you. This is hell," I tell him. He huffed.

"You'll see me soon. I promise. And in exchange for all of this bullshit taking up our break, I'll take you on a vacation," He tells me. I chuckled again.

"A vacation? Really?" I tease. He hummed.

"Yeah. Where do you wanna go? Pick anywhere," He tells me. I smiled as I stared at the ceiling, imagining where I'd want to go with Eren. Anywhere. I hummed for a moment.

"Somewhere remote and quiet. Off the grid. Like a cabin on a hill or some shit," I tell him. He chuckled.

"How about a nice spot in Southern Italy then? Sounds good?" He asks. My eyebrows raised at his proposition before nodding.

"Yeah. Sounds really good. We'll go after all of this shit is over," I tell him. He huffed.

"I'll book it as soon as I can find out when I can leave the country," He half-jokes. I laugh lightly.

"Okay. I'll take your word for it," I reply with a smile. It faded since I realized that Eren was stuck in there and I was out here. Guiltily trying to gather evidence for my sole innocence. I wanted to vouch for Eren, scream that this wasn't someone who would do these things.

I just wanted to go to Italy with him and get to that stupid place on a hill like we just talked. Why couldn't we have done it now? It upset me.

"You okay?" He sensed my silence. Tears brimmed my eyes before I nodded, my jaw quivering a bit.

"...Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine. This is all just...Crazy," I manage to say without crying. Silence for a moment.

"I'm sorry Y/n. Really. I promise, let me make it up to you. I'll be out soon. You'll be the first one I see," He assures me. I put my hand on my mouth to try to censor any noise that might come out of my mouth since I was already crying anyhow. I sniffled.

"Okay. I got your back, Eren. You know that, right?" I ask him. He huffed.

"Of course I know that, babe. Wait for me," He tells me. I nodded before sitting up.

"I gotta go. Will you call before going to sleep tonight?" I ask him.

"If you want me to, I will," He tells me. I chuckled.

"Well, maybe call your other people. Don't waste all your phone time on me," I tell him.

"It's hard not to. I miss you already." I chuckle again.

"Jail talk." He laughed lightly.

"Alright, I'll call tomorrow then. Bye," He tells me.

"Bye," I hung up before wiping my face of the tears. I took a deep breath before nodding, assuring myself.

My phone lights up with a text message from Willy. I groaned at the sight of his name.

willy

willy

(Sent a location)

if you still wanna hang out, we're all here.

colt isn't gonna be around so you're free to stop by

just thought i should still offer that stress relief haha

I stared at the text before thinking of anything else that could possibly occupy me. Anyone. And then I remembered I had no one anymore. Eren was locked away, and everyone else hated my guts. With all of the stress that's been getting to me, second guessing this was a sign that I really was stressed.

I went downstairs and approached Dad as he sat in the living room.

"I'm going out. I'll be back soon. Not sure when."

☆☆☆☆☆

A/N: LMAOOOOOO omg im sorry u guys this is all so funny to me for some reason like we got a jail eraaaaa LOLLL anyway...What do you guys think will happen? Hm...Find out next chapter heheheh-ian :3

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

28.6K 1.2K 58
"You just want to have sex. I want to make art." Erenxfemreader Eren Jaeger already has a muse, but there's something about you he simply can't resi...
6.5K 274 15
Jean Kirstein has no interest in girls. He'd tried dating and found himself often bored before the end of the evening. Competing for captain of The U...
4K 142 43
Armin Arlert x Fem Reader College AU (Y/N) is eager to coast through her sophmore year of college. Surrounded by her small circle, more like a square...
725 18 5
Time doesn't wait for many. And this comes true for a young man named Eren Yeager. Mind stuck on a goal to become a gang leader ever since his high s...