The Consequence of Provoking...

By An-errr

The first time they met, Gu Siyu blocked Huo Junxian in the stairwell and whispered in her ear, "Be with me?"... More

Chapter 1: Special relationship
Chapter 2: Don't give apples to the devil
Chapter 3: Hug tightly
Chapter 4: Go away
Chapter 5: Taking pictures
Chapter 6: Don't provoke me
Chapter 7: Say 'I love you' to the lunatic
Chapter 8: Want to beat her
Chapter 9: Superficial/shallow
Chapter 10: Swallows Flying Over Old Power Lines
Chapter 11: Sharp Ears
Chapter 12: Are you a lunatic?"
Chapter 13: Mentally ill
Chapter 14: Sickly
Chapter 15: I'm scared
Chapter 16: Stepping on Moonlight
Chapter 17: Master
Chapter 18: Traitor
Chapter 19: A Threatening Proposal
Chapter 20: Go crazy
Chapter 21: Crazy Critic
Chapter 22: If you're willing to help, I'll repay you.
Chapter 23: Don't let three billion go to waste.
Chapter 24: Professional Matching
Chapter 25: Let's see who can run faster!
Chapter 26: Playing Games
Chapter 27: Crazy Rose
Chapter 28: Found it
Chapter 29: Watching the Game
Chapter 30: Chapter 30: Willing to Gamble and Admit Defeat.
Chapter 31: Anger
Chapter 32: Do you just love watching movies like this?
Chapter 33: You have been blacklisted.
Chapter 34: Angry
Chapter 35: Boarding the Plane
Chapter 36: Unfortunately, Huo Junxian did not push the person away either
Chapter 37: She is indeed a vicious dog
Chapter 38: Taking care of her
Chapter 39: The heartbeat is accelerating
Chapter 40: Super crazy
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106

Chapter 72

43 4 1
By An-errr

The appearance of Huo Junxian did not bring joy to Gu Siyu; instead, it made her feel oppressed, much like the overcast weather today, making it hard for her to breathe.

Gu Siyu raised her chin, fingers tucked into her pockets, and smiled, saying, "Miss Huo, can I ask you something?"

"Hmm?" Huo Junxian was quite casual.

Gu Siyu said, "How did you find me here? Did you hire someone to track me again? Or..." She raised her phone, "did you install a tracker on me?"

Even with Huo Junxian's wealth, she probably didn't have the ability to deploy spies in various cities.

Being unexpectedly discovered, Gu Siyu felt extremely annoyed. She just wanted to do something private, have a quiet meal alone, and plan for the future. Whether she should invest and live a straightforward life or leave this place and go on the run.

"Coincidence," Huo Junxian said.

"Alright..." Gu Siyu jokingly asked her, "So, Miss, where did you go today, and where are you headed now?"

Huo Junxian didn't answer immediately, obviously taking some time to think. Gu Siyu had visited several places – the neighborhood office, the police station, and even near the prison. Considering the various locations she had been to in one day, it was quite strange for Huo Junxian's path to coincide with hers. It made Gu Siyu rethink the concept of fate; perhaps every encounter was meticulously orchestrated by Huo Junxian.

Huo Junxian said, "I went to your home and waited for you. When you didn't show up, I went to the pet hospital. Then, I thought of wandering around to see if I could find you, and unexpectedly, I did."

This reason seemed plausible. Gu Siyu was about to express her thoughts when Huo Junxian let go of her hand. Teddy ran to the car door and barked, signaling for her to get in.

Gu Siyu bent down to look at Teddy, then glanced at Huo Junxian. With her hand supporting her leg, she released her grip on the car door.

She didn't get into Huo Junxian's car; instead, she walked along the sidewalk. The car door closed, and Gu Siyu walked, noticing that the car behind her followed closely. Soon, a car behind honked loudly, the piercing sound causing her ears to ache.

Huo Junxian got out of the car, holding Teddy's leash, stepping into Gu Siyu's shadow. She slowly followed behind, maintaining a certain distance.

Gu Siyu was really hungry; she hadn't eaten anything all day. She thought that Huo Junxian probably didn't know where she had been today. It was her personal privacy, and if Huo Junxian tried to dig into even this secret, she would be truly angry.

After walking for a long time, they reached a food street.

Gu Siyu bought a pancake and some snacks, while Huo Junxian stood at the street corner, observing the crowded area. She thought it would make their clothes dirty, especially Teddy, who was a white furball.

Gu Siyu packed two portions of snacks for Huo Junxian and bought two pieces of unseasoned grilled fish. She handed the snacks to Huo Junxian and the grilled fish to Teddy.

There was a lot of garbage around the chairs. The two of them sat against a tree, eating. Gu Siyu casually scrolled through her phone, checking the group chat for the gaming competition. The discussions had decreased since her incident, and many advertisers had left. Without new updates, the atmosphere in the group had weakened, not as vibrant as before.

In the age of online influence, gossip was an essential part of competitions. Quite lamentable.

Many people mentioned Gu Siyu, but she didn't bother responding. Some pretended not to know her and purposely discussed her activities. Gu Siyu briefly glanced at it and moved on without reading further.

She checked the messages from Duan Jiayang. She asked why she hadn't informed her when she left the hospital, and she had visited in vain. Gu Siyu didn't reply and then looked at messages from He Xiao. He Xiao informed her about the plans for opening a store and had prepared a detailed proposal. Gu Siyu clicked to download it, intending to reply later. Just as she was about to send a message, Huo Junxian's hand intercepted hers, swiftly blocking her view.

"What do you mean?" Gu Siyu frowned.

Huo Junxian pressed down on her hand, making her put the phone back, saying, "We're eating. Why are you checking messages? It's impolite."

In the past, Gu Siyu used to check messages while eating, and Huo Junxian would comment on it. However, now she directly restrained her, which was unusual.

Gu Siyu withdrew her hand, insisting on looking. Huo Junxian asked, "Do you have to check her messages?"

The tone was strange, and Gu Siyu felt a hint of sourness. Before she could analyze it, Huo Junxian's intense gaze suppressed her unspoken hostility.

"Do you know why I'm checking her messages only now?" Gu Siyu asked.

Huo Junxian responded with a puzzled "Hmm."

Gu Siyu explained, "Because I initially only checked yours and replied to you. Later, I remembered to reply to them. That's why there are so many messages now. What's your attitude?"

She was displeased with this interference. She had been holding back from arguing with Huo Junxian, leading to an accumulation of frustration that now erupted with more intensity.

"Okay," Gu Siyu typed in her response.

Huo Junxian still resisted, "Reply tomorrow."

Gu Siyu didn't understand what was bothering her. Huo Junxian's actions suffocated her. Huo Junxian said, "I don't really like your friend. I find her annoying."

"I don't consider her my friend," Gu Siyu replied, extinguishing the phone screen. She was annoyed. Huo Junxian's hostility towards He Xiao was not a one-time occurrence. Last time, Huo Junxian had pushed He Xiao away, and Gu Siyu already had objections. This time, the issue seemed resolved, but Huo Junxian hinted that He Xiao shouldn't come back. What was her intention?

Gu Siyu saw through everything but chose not to say. She understood Huo Junxian's ruthless methods and why she had two friends. Huo Junxian didn't dislike Duan Jiayang, and she only hated He Xiao. It was because Duan Jiayang had a background and valued interests. She fell for Huo Junxian's temptations, making her easier to control than He Xiao.

Huo Junxian fell silent, and Teddy happily nibbled on the fish meat. The noisy sounds of the surroundings continued, creating a unique and strangely quiet atmosphere.

"You're lying."

Huo Junxian uttered two words with a domineering tone.

Gu Siyu avoided direct eye contact, kicked away a milk tea bottle next to the chair, and sat down. Huo Junxian stood under the tree, her face covered in shadows, eyes intimidating. Even though she wasn't staring at Gu Siyu, her dark pupils seemed to see through everything, creating a strong sense of oppression. Before her, there was only submission.

"You're afraid of what I might do to her. You're afraid of me," Huo Junxian said.

Gu Siyu remained silent.

Huo Junxian continued, "You used to be different. You used to cling to me tightly. Now, because of her, you've argued with me multiple times. You even avoid talking to me about some things. It's very annoying, and I hope we won't be disturbed by anyone."

"Then, have you ever thought about why I don't talk to you about it? You've changed; you've made it hard for me to breathe. I need social interactions too. I've always been in contact with He Xiao, and it's not like there's anything special between us. Don't you think you're excessively interfering with my social life? You're overthinking it. This is what makes her seem irritating in your eyes. In fact, there's nothing between me and her," Gu Siyu expressed her frustration.

After the lengthy conversation, a temporary stalemate ensued. The snacks in their hands had cooled, and Huo Junxian called Gu Siyu's name with a serious tone.

"Gu Siyu."

Gu Siyu didn't respond. She had changed her name; she had made it different.

Not hearing a reply, Huo Junxian softened her tone, saying, "It's you who provoked me. I remember every word you said."

"But I was lying," Gu Siyu said.

"But I believed it," Huo Junxian approached, her finger lifting Gu Siyu's chin, moving closer. Her lips brushed against Gu Siyu's ear as she said, "You can lie, and I can believe it. That's the essence of two individuals, not interfering with each other but connected."

Gu Siyu didn't understand. With only a high school education, she found such philosophical matters too profound and wasn't willing to delve into them.

The faint breath on her lips grazed her ear, making it hot and itchy. "Gu Siyu, from now on, you are mine."

After uttering these oppressive words, Huo Junxian smiled with tenderness, as sweet as melted honey. "I'll treat you well."

Gu Siyu glanced at Teddy licking the grilled fish on the ground, happily occupied. She wondered if she was supposed to be like a dog. Gu Siyu thought, feeling helpless, biting into the pancake that hurt her back molars.

Sweet as it may be, Gu Siyu didn't like sweets. Forcefully fed sugar would only irritate her throat.

Huo Junxian, being a cultured person with more knowledge, always had the upper hand in arguments. Besides, the lie was her own creation, intended to be believed by others. Huo Junxian had taken it seriously, and if Gu Siyu was frustrated, she only had herself to blame.

However, damn it.

How long ago was that lie? At that time, Huo Junxian didn't believe it. The matter had been resolved, but she now dug up the lie, claiming she believed it.

"One last question," Gu Siyu took a deep breath, glanced at Huo Junxian, and asked, "Do you think there could be equality between us?"

"Equality?" Huo Junxian was puzzled.

Gu Siyu had been too vague, so she tried to explain in more detail, "I mean, is my way of making friends, socializing, and doing things the same as yours? Are we treated equally?"

"I don't make many friends," Huo Junxian said.

"Oh, I see. You won't change then," Gu Siyu sighed.

"That's good," Huo Junxian looked at her with eyes focused only on her. Gu Siyu avoided her gaze, not wanting to fall into that abyss.

She knew what Huo Junxian meant by "a lifetime."

After finishing the pancakes, Gu Siyu took the leash from Huo Junxian's hand and pulled Teddy over, placing it on her lap. She scratched its fur under the chin, and Teddy happily rubbed its mouth on her yellow hoodie.

"Hey." Gu Siyu raised her hand, deliberately intimidating it as if she was going to hit its face. Teddy closed its eyes, enjoying the moment and stretching its head.

"You cheeky dog." Gu Siyu mocked it.

Huo Junxian finished the pancakes next to her. Gu Siyu hugged Teddy and got into Huo Junxian's car. Huo Junxian said, "Where are we going at night?"

Teddy followed today, and it was easy for them to go anywhere. Gu Siyu asked her, "Where do you want to go?"

Teddy stole the show and barked.

"Whatever you are barking at, no one else can understand what you are saying." Gu Siyu didn't give it the right to speak.

"Go to my house." Huo Junxian said, "The room was tidied up yesterday."

"Yeah." Gu Siyu didn't refute, and looked at the time, "Then go to my house first, clean up the inside and outside, and move everything there." Her voice was very soft, with a hint of unwillingness to compromise.

Huo Junxian agreed, "You can just call someone to move it for you."

"Farewell, I have money hidden at home." Gu Siyu's gold and silver jewelry was stored at home. She did the math and said, "However, you have to ask some people to carry the things. Clothes, shoes, etc. have to be packed into boxes."

She calculated carefully, and Huo Junxian agreed to all her property, clothes, and her own motorcycle. In fact, she didn't have to go to such trouble at all. Huo Junxian was rich, and all of this property could be replaced with new ones.

Gu Siyu wanted to do some hard work, so Huo Junxian accompanied her. Huo Junxian told Chen Tao to find someone to pick up the things and just drive a big car over.

"Bring a few boxes." Gu Siyu reminded.

She went to the house and started to clean up. She didn't have many things living alone, so her clothes and shoes were all folded. Teddy also helped with humming, almost biting her pants.

Several boxes were delivered to Huo Junxian's home. Gu Siyu went there first. She put Teddy under her arm and pushed it away forcefully. Teddy struggled hard for fear of falling, so Gu Siyu gave it a backhand hug.

When they arrived at the villa, Gu Siyu locked Teddy in the living room and didn't allow Teddy to follow her anymore. It was as if he was biting and playing with the clothes that cost thousands of yuan.

When Gu Siyu came back again, Huo Junxian was waiting for her at the door. She went in and took the box. Huo Junxian said that she would help send it down, and she would just pack up the next few things and send them off for the last time.

"Wait a minute." Gu Siyu took the box back and whispered: "Let them carry the other things first. I will hold this myself."

Huo Junxian glanced at it and saw that it contained mostly jewelry given by her. To her, jewelry was just jewelry, and she wouldn't look for it if it was lost.

Gu Siyu said preciously: "Gold and silver jewelry." She patted the box and took a bracelet from it to wear. "I bought some of them myself, including silver bracelets. I saved them for myself."

Huo Junxian has lived a life without worrying about food and clothing since she was a child. She wore expensive clothes and received military training in high school. Her father was not willing to endure hardships and specially found two nutritionists to follow her and directly gave her a card that she could swipe casually. In terms of material things, She never cares about the price. As long as she wants to own it, anything can be hers, everything in the world.

She remembers the first time she made a friend. She went to the cafeteria with her friend to eat every day. It was no exaggeration to say that it was her first time going to the cafeteria. She took whatever she liked and also brought a lot of things to her friend to see if she liked it. I simply bought the stall.

Inexplicably, her friend suddenly stopped eating with her and told her to stay away. She couldn't understand why others were treating her like this when she was already eating unpalatable meals with others.

It's really strange.

Gu Siyu carried the box downstairs, holding it on her lap and never letting go.

Huo Junxian moved her lips, lightly laughing.

After a simple cleanup of the house, a pile of garbage was brought out. After about forty minutes, Huo Junxian sorted the garbage and handed it to the driver. She cleaned her hands and asked, "Where's Gu Siyu?"

The driver made a confused sound and said, "She said she would come back first."

"She came back first? Aren't you driving?" Huo Junxian asked.

"Yes, she said she would go buy water, claiming to know a shortcut, so she told me to come first," the driver explained. Huo Junxian's face instantly darkened. He hurriedly explained, "Maybe she's still behind, try calling her."

Huo Junxian quickly found Gu Siyu's number on her phone and dialed it, but unfortunately, no one answered.

Concerned about Gu Siyu's recent incident, Chen Tao also felt anxious. Hearing the repeated "Sorry, the number you dialed is powered off, and cannot be reached temporarily," he quickly took out his phone and dialed. Similarly, there was no answer. Chen Tao said, "Miss, don't worry. I'll immediately find someone to check. Jin Yuansen's people shouldn't be so bold. Don't worry..."

Huo Junxian held the phone, her fingertips turning white. She said, "Go to the train station and airport, check if she appeared there."

"What?" Chen Tao didn't understand.

"Immediately, right now." Huo Junxian emphasized.

Chen Tao didn't ask further and quickly called his subordinates, informing the bodyguards and security personnel, and contacting acquaintances in various places.

During this time, he glanced at Huo Junxian's face. Huo Junxian's lips were tight, her expression stiff. Her fingers grasped the edge of the table, and the broken wood chips sank into her palms.

"Gu Siyu." She bit her lip, realizing that she had truly fallen for Gu Siyu's deception.

Gu Siyu had said she would go home with her, acting so enthusiastic.

Running away was a matter of sooner rather than later. Gu Siyu uploaded important things from her phone to the cloud. Then, she tossed her phone next to the trash can, not bothering to throw it inside.

As long as someone picked it up and turned it on, Huo Junxian would be circling the city, allowing Gu Siyu to gain enough time to run even farther.

She had planned to escape from the beginning.

Because of repeated greed, it led to the current situation...

In the pitch-black night, Gu Siyu wore a silver bracelet on her wrist. She remained silent, not caring about the destination when taking the bus. She let the driver guide her, getting off wherever others did. She changed buses repeatedly, traveling back and forth all night before finally reaching the outskirts of the city.

-----------------------

Translator's note: She's jealous of He Xiao because her rival radar told her that He Xiao has feelings for Gu Siyu. Sigh... I just hope Huo Junxian won't do something stupid with He Xiao.

Haha... Do you really dare to run away again, ah? Haha... I wish you good luck then. Let's see if you can escape from Huo Junxian. Wahahaha... Gu Siyu, run! Run!! Run!!!

TO BE CONTINUE... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36K 1.1K 29
" you really think you can hurt me like this Jeonghan? Y/n scoffed. Jeonghan let go off her wrist and looked straight into her eyes, " you're never...
648 27 1
!!TRIGGER WARNING!! This story contains sensitive topics such as abuse and suicide attempts. These topics are not to be joked about or ignored! If yo...
99.5K 2.9K 42
[Treasure #1] "Wait a sec. Did you do something to me?!?" "What if I say I did?" ×•× Different incidents br...
135K 9K 132
"I can't fucking stand you!" "Aww we finally have something in common." #1 Chanbaek - 3/30/21 #1 Chanyeol - 04/24/21 #1 Jongdae - 04/24/21 #1 Xiuchen...