The Consequence of Provoking...

By An-errr

The first time they met, Gu Siyu blocked Huo Junxian in the stairwell and whispered in her ear, "Be with me?"... More

Chapter 1: Special relationship
Chapter 2: Don't give apples to the devil
Chapter 3: Hug tightly
Chapter 4: Go away
Chapter 5: Taking pictures
Chapter 6: Don't provoke me
Chapter 7: Say 'I love you' to the lunatic
Chapter 8: Want to beat her
Chapter 9: Superficial/shallow
Chapter 10: Swallows Flying Over Old Power Lines
Chapter 11: Sharp Ears
Chapter 12: Are you a lunatic?"
Chapter 13: Mentally ill
Chapter 14: Sickly
Chapter 15: I'm scared
Chapter 16: Stepping on Moonlight
Chapter 17: Master
Chapter 18: Traitor
Chapter 19: A Threatening Proposal
Chapter 20: Go crazy
Chapter 21: Crazy Critic
Chapter 22: If you're willing to help, I'll repay you.
Chapter 23: Don't let three billion go to waste.
Chapter 24: Professional Matching
Chapter 25: Let's see who can run faster!
Chapter 26: Playing Games
Chapter 27: Crazy Rose
Chapter 28: Found it
Chapter 29: Watching the Game
Chapter 30: Chapter 30: Willing to Gamble and Admit Defeat.
Chapter 31: Anger
Chapter 32: Do you just love watching movies like this?
Chapter 33: You have been blacklisted.
Chapter 34: Angry
Chapter 35: Boarding the Plane
Chapter 36: Unfortunately, Huo Junxian did not push the person away either
Chapter 37: She is indeed a vicious dog
Chapter 38: Taking care of her
Chapter 39: The heartbeat is accelerating
Chapter 40: Super crazy
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106

Chapter 63

42 6 1
By An-errr

The autumn rain had been falling for a long time without stopping. Checking the weather forecast, it said that the autumn rain would continue intermittently until the day after tomorrow. The rain, though constant, was gentle, bringing no significant precipitation. It provided the earth with ample reaction time. The rain rejuvenated the city, moistening the soil without causing any disasters.

Sometimes, taking a stroll on the streets with an umbrella, observing the sea of raised umbrellas in various colors—red, yellow, and green—it could be considered a beautiful scene, a change of season to ease visual fatigue.

Huo Junxian woke up just right. Gu Siyu had gone out to buy breakfast and returned with soy milk, deep-fried dough sticks, and buns, along with two bowls of noodles. "See what you want to eat?"

"Eat noodles." Huo Junxian went to take the mixed noodles. Teddy on the sofa also woke up. Gu Siyu placed the other bags on the dining table, and teddy immediately turned its head to look. Inside were beef, shrimp, vegetables, and more. Gu Siyu said to Teddy, "In this corrupt world, you can cost hundreds. Eat some high-end stuff, and we'll manage with whatever is left."

After hearing this, Teddy seemed either ashamed or embarrassed. It buried its head under the pillow. Gu Siyu thought about reaching out to pet it but refrained, thinking that she still had to have breakfast.

The two adults sat on cushions on the floor to have breakfast. After finishing, Huo Junxian gave Teddy its medicine, and Gu Siyu minced the beef in the kitchen, waiting for Huo Junxian to finish. Teddy couldn't eat shrimp, so Huo Junxian only prepared a little shrimp skin.

Teddy wasn't very fond of dog food now. While taking care of its nutrition, Huo Junxian also catered to its taste. She made soup, minced beef, and mixed it with edible vegetables, then brought it to Teddy.

Illness comes like a mountain collapsing, and Teddy became very quiet. It had no energy to eat, and Gu Siyu looked at it with some discomfort. She teased, "I spent quite a bit of money on you, so hurry up and eat. Once you're full, you'll have to perk up."

Teddy turned its head to look at her, "Woof!"

Gu Siyu took her soy milk and squatted down to eat. While eating, she curiously looked at Teddy several times. Teddy pushed the bowl towards her, indicating she could share.

"You're quite generous. You eat it yourself; I won't compete with you." Gu Siyu shook her head, pushing the bowl back. She sat there, finishing her soy milk.

After Teddy finished eating, the two adults took it downstairs for another checkup at the hospital. Chen Tao came over to accompany them and Teddy sat in the middle. Gu Siyu took off a hairband from her wrist and used it to tie a braid for Teddy, showing it a trick.

Teddy was fascinated, extending its paw to see how she did it, but after struggling for a while, it couldn't figure it out.

Gu Siyu took the hairband back. "Come on."

Teddy crawled forward, and Gu Siyu, with a tug on its head, tied a braid for it. Previously, Teddy's fur had been trimmed short, so it took many twists and turns to secure the braid.

Teddy lifted its head, trying to see but couldn't. It rolled on the seat, and Huo Junxian picked it up and placed it on her lap. She took out her phone, set it to selfie mode, and said, "Look, our little Jade has become a girl."

Teddy stuck out a little tongue, turned its head to look at Huo Junxian, who understood its intention. She smiled and said, "Alright, let's take a picture. We'll print it and hang it on the wall, okay?"

Huo Junxian pressed the shutter button, taking many photos. Teddy nudged her arm, and she took more pictures. After taking several, Teddy looked at Gu Siyu, waiting for her.

"Okay, in consideration of your illness, I'll take a couple for you." Gu Siyu leaned over and teased it, "You, a little male dog with such a strange name, even love to look good."

Nowadays, most little boys love to look good, not to mention little dogs. The two adults sat together, Teddy in the middle, and while taking pictures, Gu Siyu lazily called, "Eggplant, woof."

"Woof!" Teddy got excited.

Gu Siyu patted the little braid on its head, and Teddy obediently let her. Then this scene was frozen in a photo.

At the hospital, Teddy underwent a checkup, and Huo Junxian and Gu Siyu waited in the corridor. Compared to yesterday, Teddy's condition was much better today.

The doctor placed a few warm patches on its legs, and when they carried Teddy out, it wasn't as listless as yesterday, smiling continuously with its big ears swinging.

"Why is it so happy?" Huo Junxian asked.

Teddy barked, but no one understood what it was saying. The pet doctor explained, "Perhaps the nurse just praised it for its braid, and it became proud."

"It does look good; it's like a shy little girl." The nurse complimented with a smile.

Teddy tilted its head left and right, looking particularly silly. When passing a mirror in the lobby, it even took a moment to admire itself.

"If you like it, how about having your braid done every day in the future?" Huo Junxian flicked its braid with her fingers, and Teddy barked in agreement. When they came out of the lobby, Gu Siyu held an umbrella, and just as she raised it over Teddy's head, she saw Teddy closing its eyes, extending its head, and slightly lifting it, earnestly experiencing the autumn rain.

"It likes rainy days; it always feels magical." Huo Junxian's eyes were gentle, and she lowered her head to rub its head gently.

Gu Siyu put the umbrella on her shoulder, looking at the two, one person and one dog without an umbrella. She said, "Maybe it encountered you on a rainy day, so it fell in love with rainy days."

Huo Junxian turned to look at her, "You know?"

"Heard it from Chen Tao." Gu Siyu lifted the umbrella over both of them, saying, "Let's go, let's check again when we get home."

The raindrops tapped on the umbrella, creating a pleasant sound. Teddy looked up at the umbrella, always showing surprise and excitement when hearing the sound of raindrops falling.

Gu Siyu remembered her childhood when she used to love the rain. She would walk barefoot in the small puddles in the alley, one step at a time, watching the splashes. Later, she got her first umbrella and found it fascinating, looking up at the umbrella, touching the rain fabric, wondering if a heavier rain would soak through.

In the car, the two sat in the back, Teddy staring out the window. Gu Siyu followed its gaze.

The speed of the car was deliberately slowed down. In the past, when going to see the city's tall buildings and street scenes, the whole city seemed to be on fast forward. People and objects were changing rapidly, and time became the most elusive thing. Between breaths and falling asleep, it quietly slipped away through the fingers.

This time, they went to Huo Junxian's house. Gu Siyu's home was relatively humid, not suitable for Teddy's recovery. At the entrance, Gu Siyu didn't want to go in with them. Both Huo Junxian and Teddy were under her umbrella, so she didn't say anything.

"What's wrong?" Huo Junxian asked puzzled.

"Nothing." Gu Siyu exhaled and escorted Huo Junxian to the steps. She glanced sideways and asked, "How are the roses you planted?"

Huo Junxian stopped walking, didn't look, and said, "...Dead."

Dead.

Dead...

Such heavy words.

Gu Siyu withdrew her gaze, no longer looking at the corner of the yard. Seeing that Huo Junxian didn't move, she comforted and said realistically, "The weather has been unpredictable lately, and flowers are too delicate. It's normal not to grow."

"Yeah, I consulted a professional. I'll keep them indoors first. When they grow stronger, I'll consider transplanting them."

"Go in." Gu Siyu escorted her to the steps, not closing the umbrella, holding it with her neck.

Huo Junxian turned around and said, "I've been thinking about a question."

"What question?" Gu Siyu asked and immediately regretted it. It must not be a good question. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Huo Junxian held Teddy and blinked her eyes. She was very silent, either waiting for something or hesitating to say something.

When Gu Siyu was about to say, "I'll go back first; I have a bird at home to take care of," Huo Junxian spoke. She said, "I've been wondering if you would say to me: 'Huo Junxian, it's just planting flowers. If they wither, they wither. In the future, I'll give you flowers. Every day, I'll give you one so you don't have to plant flowers, and you can still receive beautiful roses every day.'"

Huo Junxian's eyes lowered, appearing very sad, and her tone was melancholic. "I've been waiting for this sentence."

Gu Siyu's lips became a bit dry. She swallowed a few times and didn't look directly at Huo Junxian, avoiding her bare gaze. Her voice was almost washed away by the rain as she said, "I can't do that..."

"Can't do sending flowers every day or can't do saying such words?"

"Is there a difference?" Gu Siyu asked.

"For me, there is a difference." Huo Junxian seemed to choose her words carefully. She said, "If you can't say such words to me, then I can take all the things you said before seriously. If you can't give me a flower every day, then I'll consider replanting according to others' advice."

"Do you like it so much..." Gu Siyu stopped before finishing her sentence. She held back the words, realizing that Huo Junxian's love for roses made her inwardly delighted. She couldn't find words to question it. Changing the subject, she asked, "Why do you like roses? I see you have planted many flowers in your yard—tulips, roses, hydrangeas. Each one blooms so vigorously, much easier to care for than roses. Planting roses in there is just for decoration."

Huo Junxian pursed her lips and thought seriously. "I'm not sure, but when the roses approach the silent night, forcefully entering forbidden territory, many things become different."

Gu Siyu smiled faintly.

Messy and incomprehensible, it's indeed not the same world.

But why not break down the words and say them?

Sometimes words can't be broken down because there's no place to start, and both parties can't make it clear. Some words can't be said at this moment.

Huo Junxian said, "Come in and chat for a while."

Gu Siyu closed the umbrella, placed it at the front door, and entered. She stretched her sore neck, walked around to relax, and then sat on the sofa. She asked, "What do you want to talk about?"

Huo Junxian put Teddy in the doghouse, gave it a bag of snacks, then went to get a towel for Gu Siyu. Gu Siyu wiped her wet arms, sighed comfortably.

"Do you want to move in with me?" Huo Junxian asked.

Gu Siyu said, "The little bird needs someone to take care of it."

"Bring it over, and I'll teach Xiao Yu not to catch birds. I thought you weren't planning to keep it, so I didn't suggest bringing your bird over."

"After a long time, being too close to each other can lead to conflicts. I don't like arguing with people. It's not good for our cooperation. Being too intimate may raise suspicions from Jin Yuansen."

"Jin Yuansen is busy investigating my assets. He flew abroad yesterday, and he can't control us. Besides, haven't you forgotten? We still have to go to the seaside together."

"I've never liked being too close to people. Living together for a long time can lead to nausea, diarrhea, dizziness, and headache. It's called... social anxiety."

Listening for a bit, it was clear that she was making up nonsense. Gu Siyu was a troublemaker, with a hot temper, and liked to stir up trouble for no reason. She claimed to have social anxiety, but could someone with social anxiety make money so skillfully?

Gu Siyu retorted several times, and Huo Junxian lay on the sofa, laughing.

Gu Siyu glanced at her sideways. "I'm serious."

"Hmm... Do you want anything?"

Gu Siyu looked at Huo Junxian and saw her own shadow in her eyes. Knowing that Huo Junxian was trying the seductive route, she simply stopped looking, as rainy nights could easily lead to trouble.

Huo Junxian sighed. She asked, "Why is it that when I take a step forward, you take ten steps back? You're clearly not like this. Initially, you liked being with me a lot."

Gu Siyu took off her shoes and stepped on the sofa. She propped up one leg, her head resting on her arm, and said, "Have you forgotten? I'm a liar. To achieve my goals, I'll do whatever it takes. Sometimes the beautiful things you see are just an act."

She had never claimed to be a good person, and she said it without any burden, even though she knew that she behaved like a scumbag.

"Even yesterday?"

Gu Siyu nodded.

Huo Junxian sighed, "It's a bit sad."

Gu Siyu said again, "Huo Junxian, the last time you said you liked me, I'll advise you again, don't like me."

"Why?"

Why?

Isn't it clear?

You don't like me, but you insist on saying you like me. Don't you think you're strange? You've bothered me for days.

The word "like" has multiple meanings. I like your beauty, I like your humor, I like your body, I like the way you foolishly fall into my trap.

I like you.

It doesn't necessarily mean love; it's just a simple word.

When others say they like her, Gu Siyu can understand. But when Huo Junxian says she likes her, she can't comprehend it. It's like being stared at, bringing a deep-rooted fear.

Huo Junxian propped herself on the sofa, watching her attentively. Gu Siyu said, "Creating entanglements and then cutting them off is painful. As long as you don't say you like me, everything will be easily resolved."

"Don't you want to hear me say I like you?" Huo Junxian asked.

Gu Siyu took a deep breath and said, "Huh."

She looked at Huo Junxian. Huo Junxian claimed to be sad, but she didn't show much sadness. Her gaze was more intense. To be clear, she seemed more like she was at a low point, encountering prey suddenly, summoning all her remaining strength to make a desperate attempt.

"Our target is Jin Yuansen, and all of this is for money, not for the relationship to progress. I'm not a good person, and now that I observe you, you're not either. If we are entangled by liking each other, it would be doomsday."

Huo Junxian neither agreed nor disagreed.

Gu Siyu asked her, "Can you imagine us being like ordinary lovers? Can you picture us holding hands, having an equal and intimate relationship, and staying together for a lifetime like all normal couples? Can you understand me completely? Anyway, I can't understand you. What kind of person am I? You have no idea how despicable I am. I think you're pitiable, but I haven't shown it in front of you. When I scolded Jin Yuansen and criticized You Wanyue, you didn't see it. I fought with someone until blood was flowing, and you haven't experienced that either. Similarly, I know nothing about you."

"How do you know I haven't seen it?" Huo Junxian stretched her body forward as if to climb over the back of the sofa. She met eyes with Gu Siyu and said, "You can only see my appearance. Do you know how you appear in my eyes?"

Gu Siyu shook her head, unwilling to think about it.

Huo Junxian pointed her finger at Gu Siyu's nose and tapped it. Gu Siyu felt the cool touch on her nose. Huo Junxian continued to stroke her without speaking.

"When you came to the hospital to find me yesterday, I saw you walking step by step. You clearly cared, but you pretended to be casual. You clearly wanted to comfort me, but felt embarrassed, hesitated for a long time, and finally came to hug me. It was so late, and the weather was getting colder, but you still came and hugged me. In that moment, there was only one signal in my brain."

"Forever possess you."

She didn't say these words out loud; she locked them away deep in her heart, pressing down the sharp light. In the gaze that Gu Siyu was waiting for, she opened her lips slightly, smiled softly, and tenderly reminisced, "Adorable, charming enough to make my hearts race."

-----------------------

Translator's note: Ala~ she wants to "forever possess you." I think Gu Siyu wouldn't have a chance to separate herself from Huo Junxian. Haha... I hope things go well for them. I'm rooting for them, even though sometimes they are too much for me as a single dog😭🤧. They are so mean; every chapter I translate is full of kissing or bed scenes. Damn it, this is too much for my single dog heart.

TO BE CONTINUE...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.5K 2.9K 42
[Treasure #1] "Wait a sec. Did you do something to me?!?" "What if I say I did?" ×•× Different incidents br...
7K 160 21
The two girls were brought together by quite unusual circumstances, and whatever they had between them, wasn't meant to last. They weren't supposed t...
39.4K 3.9K 42
"When I followed my fate, true love found me." ---------------------------------------------- She wants her lost love back but does her fate want the...
648 27 1
!!TRIGGER WARNING!! This story contains sensitive topics such as abuse and suicide attempts. These topics are not to be joked about or ignored! If yo...