The Consequence of Provoking...

By An-errr

The first time they met, Gu Siyu blocked Huo Junxian in the stairwell and whispered in her ear, "Be with me?"... More

Chapter 1: Special relationship
Chapter 2: Don't give apples to the devil
Chapter 3: Hug tightly
Chapter 4: Go away
Chapter 5: Taking pictures
Chapter 6: Don't provoke me
Chapter 7: Say 'I love you' to the lunatic
Chapter 8: Want to beat her
Chapter 9: Superficial/shallow
Chapter 10: Swallows Flying Over Old Power Lines
Chapter 11: Sharp Ears
Chapter 12: Are you a lunatic?"
Chapter 13: Mentally ill
Chapter 14: Sickly
Chapter 15: I'm scared
Chapter 16: Stepping on Moonlight
Chapter 17: Master
Chapter 18: Traitor
Chapter 19: A Threatening Proposal
Chapter 20: Go crazy
Chapter 21: Crazy Critic
Chapter 22: If you're willing to help, I'll repay you.
Chapter 23: Don't let three billion go to waste.
Chapter 24: Professional Matching
Chapter 25: Let's see who can run faster!
Chapter 26: Playing Games
Chapter 27: Crazy Rose
Chapter 28: Found it
Chapter 29: Watching the Game
Chapter 30: Chapter 30: Willing to Gamble and Admit Defeat.
Chapter 31: Anger
Chapter 32: Do you just love watching movies like this?
Chapter 33: You have been blacklisted.
Chapter 34: Angry
Chapter 35: Boarding the Plane
Chapter 36: Unfortunately, Huo Junxian did not push the person away either
Chapter 37: She is indeed a vicious dog
Chapter 38: Taking care of her
Chapter 39: The heartbeat is accelerating
Chapter 40: Super crazy
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106

Chapter 56

47 8 0
By An-errr

Huo Junxian once again suggested that Gu Siyu move in with her. Living in a large villa would undoubtedly be much better than Gu Siyu's rundown place, but when it came to this matter, Gu Siyu felt uneasy.

Gu Siyu used her pet bird as an excuse, saying she wanted to wait a few more days until the bird could fly on its own before considering moving.

The bird's condition had improved a lot now. It could flap around and move within its box, though it hadn't been seen flying. Gu Siyu decided to buy some flowers and a birdcage from the flower and bird market during her next shopping trip. She didn't force the bird into the cage; instead, she placed the cage next to the box and filled it with some expensive bird food that the shopkeeper claimed all birds couldn't resist.

When she had free time, Gu Siyu would lie next to the birdcage and watch. The bird would stroll inside the box, seemingly attracted by the scent, but no matter how hungry it looked, it never stepped into the cage to take a bite.

During the day, when she had nothing to do, Gu Siyu would go to Huo Junxian's house. The silly dog lay by a small pool in Huo Junxian's courtyard. Whenever a fish surfaced, it immediately moved closer to observe. Gu Siyu thought it was going to bite the fish and prepared to scold it. However, when she approached, she found it was just licking the water and didn't bite when a fish came close. It simply followed the fish wherever it swam, looking foolish.

Huo Junxian was tending to her flowers. The roses she had previously planted didn't seem to be thriving, and the leaves had fallen off, but she was diligently watering them.

Gu Siyu sat on the newly installed swing in the yard, grabbing the ropes with both hands and swinging her legs. She commented to Huo Junxian, "Why bother? Let it live on its own. If it survives, everyone's happy. If not, it's its fate."

"Taking care of flowers is like this, meticulous care is needed," Huo Junxian said while watering the flowers. She stared at them seriously, "Look, even though the leaves have fallen, this flower is still blooming earnestly. The petals have opened a bit."

Gu Siyu walked over and crouched down to see. The buds had turned into slightly open greenish petals.

"But even if you cut the flowers and put them in a vase, they'll still bloom," Gu Siyu said.

Huo Junxian didn't respond to her words, turning her back, looking a bit angry. Gu Siyu tilted her head to take a look and only saw her tense profile. Gu Siyu clicked her tongue, sat back on the swing, and said, "It's just a flower. If this one can't make it, plant another one. It might just be the wrong season, no need to be sad."

Teddy came over. Gu Siyu picked up Teddy and placed it on her lap. Teddy clung to her clothes as they swayed back and forth. Teddy grinned stupidly.

In the evening, Gu Siyu went back to change the bird's food. When she opened the door, she saw the bird fluttering onto the sofa. It didn't run away when it saw Gu Siyu and even stepped on the sofa. After changing the cloth, Gu Siyu put some bird food, finished and said fiercely that if it dared to poop on the pillow, it would be in trouble.

Gu Siyu pulled out the key and locked the door. Huo Junxian was waiting for her in the car. Gu Siyu sat in the passenger seat.

After Jin Yuansen moved out of Huo Junxian's villa, he didn't mention where he was living. He deliberately avoided Gu Siyu, afraid that she might expose him. It was difficult to catch him since he had his own tricks.

"He's going out to dinner with the business partner today," Huo Junxian said.

"Business partner?" Gu Siyu asked, "Are they trying to avoid us?"

"Recently emerged small company called Tangyuan. The former owner was Qi Yuanhan. But recently, they brought in an executive named Bai Yurou. They are being very secretive," Huo Junxian explained.

Gu Siyu frowned, "And they are meeting this time..."

"Jin Yuansen wants to collaborate with their small company. He has hoarded a few pieces of land and plans to sell them before he goes to jail. Otherwise, once he's in prison, he won't be able to supervise them, and he'll end up benefiting others," Huo Junxian said.

"Your Huo family is so influential, and you have a tumultuous relationship with Jin Yuansen. Does this Qi Yuanhan dare to oppose you? Is she asking for death?"

"They are both expanding and don't care about their lives." Huo Junxian said, "In fact, this Qi Yuanhan is similar to Jin Yuansen. Both run companies behind the scenes. It's too complicated to explain briefly."

Gu Siyu nodded, understanding that it was all a game.

In matters of business, it's challenging to distinguish right from wrong. There are only winners and losers. Gu Siyu didn't understand it, but she considered herself part of Huo Junxian's side for now. Anything that encroached on their interests didn't seem like a good thing.

Before this, the two of them hadn't set secret signals or discussed what Gu Siyu was going to do. Lies can't have a rehearsed script; otherwise, if the two are too consistent, the story loses credibility.

Gu Siyu was a natural liar. She could adapt on the fly, saying whatever came to her mind and playing however she wanted.

Huo Junxian hadn't asked her either. Her role was to support whatever lie Gu Siyu told.

When necessary, maybe Gu Siyu would involve her in the deception.

I wonder how well liars and lunatic understand each other.

While waiting, Gu Siyu touched the small scar on her index finger. It was burned by the plastic tube used to hang a water bottle, igniting the plastic tube with a lighter, and causing droplets of melted glue to fall on her finger, creating blisters.

Gu Siyu was thinking she could actually mess up this whole thing, not put in too much effort. If Jin Yuansen saw through her lies, she would be useless to Huo Junxian.

Confident in her acting skills but not trusting Huo Junxian completely, Gu Siyu said, "Remember, act just enough to create some conflict between us. We can't fix it if it goes too far.

"Do you want it to be a bit more extreme?" Huo Junxian asked, smiling.

"You're still in the mood for jokes." Gu Siyu recalled a time when she tricked Jin Yuansen and Huo Junxian played a more extreme role. Now, she suspected it was too much like a professional act, and that's why Huo Junxian liked to play along with her. She said, "Let's go with a more normal approach."

"Alright." Huo Junxian reminded her, "Be careful and don't hurt yourself. Call me if anything happens."

They didn't bring bodyguards today; it would be strange to have a group of them. Their goal was not to deceive Jin Yuansen with a show of force but to find fault with him together.

Suddenly, Gu Siyu remembered something and asked, "Does Chen Tao know about this?"

"No, only the two of us know." Huo Junxian replied.

No wonder Chen Tao disliked her so much. He probably thought she was a bad influence on Huo Junxian, even though it was Huo Junxian who was seducing her.

After waiting for a long time without seeing anyone, Gu Siyu mumbled, "Really can chat." She pushed open the car door and said, "Let's eat first. It's easier to observe while eating. Waiting like this, who knows how long it will take, and letting Jin Yuansen see us together makes it easier for him to figure things out."

They went to eat in a restaurant across the street.

Time passed quickly, and they finished their meal, but Jin Yuansen and the others still hadn't come out. Gu Siyu took a sip of cola and asked Huo Junxian to wait there while she went in to check.

Coincidentally, Gu Siyu found Jin Yuansen near the entrance of the club after a short stroll. He was walking along a small path with a woman. They seemed to be having a pleasant conversation. Gu Siyu couldn't see the woman's face because she had her back turned. The woman was dressed very conservatively, with a black fisherman's hat covering her head, trying not to be seen.

The woman noticed Gu Siyu first, pressed down on her hat with one hand, and said something to Jin Yuansen. Then she quickly left.

Gu Siyu turned her head to look at the entrance. Huo Junxian had stepped back to avoid being noticed.

Gu Siyu had her hands in her pockets, walking faster and faster until she suddenly kicked Jin Yuansen.

Jin Yuansen reacted swiftly, taking a step back. He couldn't see anyone but began to grind his teeth, "Gu Siyu, you damn persistent ghost."

Turning around, Jin Yuansen took out his phone to call his bodyguards. However, he saw Gu Siyu pulling a pack of cigarettes from her pocket. It was a new pack, with the transparent film on the outside still intact. Skillfully, she opened the box, pushed out a cigarette, and flicked the box open with her thumb.

Gu Siyu placed the cigarette in her mouth, saying, "I wanted to have a chat with you and discuss your wife."

The first time Jin Yuansen saw Gu Siyu, she was sitting at the bar, pinching a cigarette between her fingertips. Her thumb pressed against the cigarette cap, tapping it, shaking off the burned-out ashes, and then slowly exhaling a puff of white smoke.

In that moment, Gu Siyu, with her extraordinary appearance, made Jin Yuansen want to seduce her.

Holding the cigarette between her fingertips, Gu Siyu extended her hand towards Jin Yuansen, asking, "Got a lighter?"

Jin Yuansen had a lighter but controlled himself from lighting it for her. Gu Siyu sniffed the unlit cigarette, saying, "Recently, I've noticed something unusual about your wife."

Jin Yuansen remained silent, curious about what Gu Siyu had discovered. Her posture didn't seem like she was lying.

"She considers He Xiao troublesome, and I can't figure out what she means. It's been bothering me for days," Gu Siyu explained.

Jin Yuansen bit his lip and walked over, saying, "You should be thankful. Considering her 'troublesome' is still quite mild. Remember I told you she's mentally ill, does things abnormally?"

"Hmm?" Gu Siyu raised an eyebrow, wanting to know what he was hiding.

"I once told you how I pursued Huo Junxian, right? I had someone take away her dog, and then I pretended to help her find it. She fell for it," Jin Yuansen said, his mouth twitching, not laughing, but a hint of hatred in his eyes. "Later, when the dog was found, she was willing to get in touch with me. We got married right after she finished her postgraduate studies. When I encountered the person who took her dog again while on a business trip abroad, do you know what happened to them?"

Gu Siyu didn't know.

Jin Yuansen made a gesture, slashing across his thigh, "They got amputated."

Gu Siyu's lips tightened.

"That incident was probably orchestrated by Huo Junxian's father. We only had someone break the dog's leg. Yet, she did something so extreme," Jin Yuansen said, looking at Gu Siyu with a smile. Finally, he found someone who went through a similar experience and felt strangely happy about it.

Gu Siyu didn't speak, lowered her eyes. She was scared of this, not of what Huo Junxian's father did, but she found herself strangely approving of it.

If someone were to break the leg of that idiot dog now, she would find a way to make them pay, seeking revenge for the dog.

Damn, how did it come to this?

Gu Siyu bit her cigarette.

Jin Yuansen assessed Gu Siyu, capturing her expression. "Have you suddenly realized that she's not what you imagined? Let me tell you, it's too late." He paused for a moment. "Here's an option for you: return the three billion to me, and I might help you buy a plane ticket."

"You're dreaming," Gu Siyu replied.

Birds die for food, humans die for wealth. Gu Siyu was indeed cheap. Even in death, she wanted to swallow gold. The money she got her hands on wouldn't go back.

Jin Yuansen guessed she would say that, looking confident. "Then, wait for your death, Gu Siyu. Do you know how exhausting it is to be with Huo Junxian? No room for any mistakes, but who in life doesn't make mistakes? I just... just had an affair. But isn't it her fault? She never let me touch her. I can't tell if she loves me. But I don't love her, and she hates me, hates everyone around me, even your friend is a perfect example."

Gu Siyu also scrutinized Jin Yuansen. The man probably didn't realize that every word she spoke now was meant to make him believe that she and Huo Junxian were no longer together and lead him into the next trap.

But...

Hearing him describe Huo Junxian, Gu Siyu felt strange. She wanted to curse him back, call Jin Yuansen a fool for meddling in other people's business.

Gu Siyu got lost in her thoughts for too long. She spoke her mind without realizing it, "Why isn't it you?" Why wasn't it Jin Yuansen who took away the people around her?

Twisted thoughts filled her mind, but she couldn't find the source of the distortion. She only knew that the result made her very uncomfortable.

Jin Yuansen laughed, "Regretting it now? Clinging to me? You think too highly of yourself, Gu Siyu."

Gu Siyu looked at him with hatred, saying, "Jin Yuansen, it's not that I'm entangling you in every possible way. You were the one who found me first. You were the one who pulled me into this mess."

Gu Siyu picked up the folding knife, pressing it against his clothes. Jin Yuansen didn't dare to move. He was tired of Gu Siyu too. Seeing her in a pitiful state, he mocked her, "Gu Siyu, why did you have to provoke Huo Junxian? It would have been enough to cooperate with me. But no, you had to be cheap and go after Huo Junxian. Now, you're damn screwed."

For a moment, Gu Siyu's eyes malfunctioned. Jin Yuansen's face merged with her father's face entirely, exactly the same, equally detestable. Gu Siyu felt a tinge of fear, wanting to stab Jin Yuansen to death, and then she was forcibly pulled away.

Gu Siyu was still dazed. She held the knife, trying to keep herself rational. She used this method to make Jin Yuansen believe she had fallen out with Huo Junxian and that she was not really getting into the act.

She never intended to gain Jin Yuansen's trust, just to lead him into her trap. But suddenly, she felt like she had deceived herself as well.

The bodyguard didn't dare to harm Gu Siyu. From a distance, he asked Jin Yuansen, "Boss, should we do something to her?"

"No." Jin Yuansen raised his hand to stop the bodyguard. He was afraid that if he attacked Gu Siyu, she would retaliate, and he was even more afraid that Huo Junxian would crush his skull.

Jin Yuansen coldly glanced at Gu Siyu, appreciating her dispirited appearance. "Later, call the lawyer. Accuse her of attempted murder, throw her into the police station, let her experience jail in advance."

Jin Yuansen snorted, taking away the folding knife from Gu Siyu. He had someone stuff her into the car and ordered the bodyguard to get the club's surveillance footage as evidence.

On the way, Gu Siyu made no struggle. She looked out of the window, and Jin Yuansen observed her from the rearview mirror. Suddenly, he couldn't understand what Gu Siyu was thinking, unable to see through this woman anymore.

Was she here to inquire about Huo Junxian?

Doesn't seem like it.

Gu Siyu held her phone and sent a message. Then she looked at Jin Yuansen and said, "Jin Yuansen, are you trying to guess what I'm thinking right now? Let me tell you, I suddenly realized, from a certain angle, you look a lot like my dad."

Jin Yuansen was startled. He remembered clearly that Gu Siyu once said she stabbed her dad with a knife.

The car suddenly accelerated halfway through the journey. There was another car chasing them aggressively from behind, clearly following their car.

Gu Siyu had sent a message to Huo Junxian, asking her to come over. She didn't expect Huo Junxian to drive so recklessly, as if her life depended on it. For a moment, Gu Siyu wondered if someone from the racing scene had come to rescue her.

Huo Junxian was really into the act.

Jin Yuansen's driving skills were terrible. He wanted to shake off the car behind, but it seemed like he was about to be caught.

Gu Siyu felt annoyed. This was the consequence of not driving regularly and always letting the chauffeur drive. If she were hunted down one day, she would practically be offering her head on a platter. She scolded, "Accelerate! Speed up!"

Jin Yuansen replied in haste, "Are you crazy? How can I speed up? Damn it, Huo Junxian probably thinks I'm eloping with you."

As he spoke, the car crashed into the guardrail, and the airbags deployed.

Gu Siyu's body lurched forward. She grabbed the seat handle, panting. Why didn't she just crash this idiot to death? It would have spared her a lot of trouble.

When she settled back into her seat, she couldn't help but laugh. Looking at Jin Yuansen terrified of death, she burst into laughter.

Jin Yuansen's glasses were crooked, and he fumbled to unbuckle his seatbelt. "Crazy woman, Gu Siyu, you crazy woman! Why don't you just die!"

The car that was chasing them from behind came to a stop. Gu Siyu glanced at it through the rearview mirror; the driver was Huo Junxian.

Huo Junxian didn't immediately confront Jin Yuansen. She hurriedly ran over, opened the back door, and Gu Siyu looked up. Huo Junxian's eyes were red. Gu Siyu inexplicably felt a bit flustered. She tapped the armrest. Did Huo Junxian not realize she was acting?

Gu Siyu laughed until she was tired, pressing her hands against her face. She was quite afraid that Huo Junxian would expose her. Could this kind of woman act? It was a critical moment, and she hadn't rehearsed the script.

During their eye contact, Huo Junxian suddenly slapped Gu Siyu, catching her off guard. Huo Junxian slapped her face sideways. Gu Siyu held onto Huo Junxian's hand, "What are you doing?"

"Did I not warn you?" Huo Junxian asked Gu Siyu with a harsh tone, breathing heavily, trembling, seemingly frightened.

Gu Siyu was also shaken. She pursed her lips, pretending to be calm. "Oh, did you warn me to follow your instructions?"

Huo Junxian had said not to let herself get hurt, but as a lunatic, there had to be some sacrifice, right? They were both going crazy.

Gu Siyu didn't get out of the car. She grabbed the armrest, and at this moment, she was quite afraid of Huo Junxian. When Huo Junxian tried to speak, she preemptively acted, pinching Gu Siyu's waist and dragging her out. Gu Siyu instinctively pulled back. At this moment, she still didn't understand whether she was acting or really didn't want to be pulled out.

Before she could speak, Huo Junxian took the initiative, grabbing Gu Siyu's waist and pulling her out. Gu Siyu's body was forced to lift up, and she heard Huo Junxian whisper in her ear, "Liars."

The sound of the two words was short.

Gu Siyu said, "Lunatic."

As the two bodies touched, their hearts pounded chaotically. They couldn't distinguish whether it was madness or fear. They couldn't tell anymore; all emotions reached a climax at this moment.

Huo Junxian dragged Gu Siyu to the ground. Before she could catch her breath, the sirens of a police car sounded in her ears.

Jin Yuansen looked at the two of them, his eyes completely bewildered. After a moment of confusion, he became smug, thinking that the two of them were having a falling out. He 70% believed that these two had fallen apart.

Gu Siyu glared back at him fiercely. Jin Yuansen had just been scared enough to call the police. The nearby police officers quickly arrived.

Jin Yuansen explained the situation to the police without lying. However, the police seemed skeptical and called Huo Junxian over.

Huo Junxian also responded, "He took my person, he kidnapped her."

Jin Yuansen pointed at Huo Junxian and scolded, "Huo Junxian, have you no shame? Gu Siyu came to find me herself. Ask her, ask her."

The police looked at the two back and forth and finally said, "You're Jin Yuansen, right? I remember your wife is now with your mistress."

"Yes, yes, yes, that's the case, but it's really her wife who came to find me. Bah, it's Gu Siyu who came to find me," Jin Yuansen was confused again, feeling humiliated. The whole world knew that his wife and mistress were together. "Ask Gu Siyu."

During the police interrogation, Gu Siyu glanced at Huo Junxian and saw her standing next to the police, exchanging a look with her.

A simple connection, emotions unclear.

Gu Siyu's cheek stung. She licked her lips.

Unable to resolve the issue on the roadside, the police decided to take them to the police station for further investigation. Gu Siyu switched to another car. After many years, she sat in a police car again, the 13 year old girl now grown up.

She clenched her hands, not looking at the glowing dashboard ahead. The police officer on the passenger seat asked her several times, but she didn't utter a word.

When the police were about to close the door, a hand grabbed it. The police asked the woman outside, "What are you doing?"

Huo Junxian sat in the car, exchanged a glance with Gu Siyu, and said coldly, "Her guardian."

Then she forced her way into the car, tightly holding Gu Siyu's hand.

-----------------------

Translator's note: Haha... These two have a lot of drama. Huo Junxian is becoming more possessive towards Gu Siyu. Ah~ Good luck Xiaoyu~ Hehe...

TO BE CONTINUE... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 9.4K 176
Xiao Jin found herself as a 18t-line supporting character in a dog-blood abusive novel. She was a peculiar woman with disabilities, who dressed as a...
628K 15.5K 200
Rumor had it that Qiao Xi had a weak constitution-a sickly beauty. Rumor had it that she spent a fortune every day on medications-eating them like ca...
109 7 15
Song Huiqiao recounts her past with a girl from her childhood, Lin Xiawei, that became the main focus of her life. Two girls, one that due to a certa...
99.5K 2.9K 42
[Treasure #1] "Wait a sec. Did you do something to me?!?" "What if I say I did?" ×•× Different incidents br...