The Amazing Spider-Luz (Owl H...

By Emperor_Drakkon

17 year old Luz Noceda had a life she loved. A family, friends, and a hometown she could always find out some... More

Issue 1: Humble Beginnings
Issue 2: Fantasy and Reality
Issue 3: Mystic Mutation
Issue 4: The Strangest Things
Issue 5: With Great Power
Issue 6: Comes Great Responsibility
Issue 7: Spider-Witch
Issue 8: Say My Name
Issue 9: The Golden Goblin
Issue 10: Not So Secret Identity
Issue 11: Good As Gold
Issue 12: On The Hunt
Issue 13: Friendly Neighborhood
Issue 14: Witch Hunter
Issue 15: End Of The Hunt
Issue 16: Sittin' On A Tree
Issue 17: Second Rate
Issue 18: What Makes A Hero
Issue 19: Mysterious Mystery
Issue 20: Lights Out
Issue 21: Warhammer
Issue 22: Itsy Bitsy Spider
Issue 23: Sticks and Stones
Issue 24: Breaking News
Issue 25: Confident Confidence
Issue 26: Predator and Prey
Issue 27: Bitterness
Issue 28: The Blight of My Life
Issue 29: Grom Night
Issue 30: Break-Up
Special: The Amazing Spider-Anne
Issue 31: Intervention
Issue 32: Lumity
Issue 34: Magically Magical Magic
Issue 35: Death of The Golden Goblin
Issue 36: The Owl and The Spider
Issue 37: Rise of Scorn
Issue 38: Supersuit
Issue 39: Team-Up
Issue 40: The Sinister Six
Issue 41: Philip Wittebane
Issue 42: Heart Of Iron
Issue 43: The Boiling Isles
Issue 44: Titan
The End
Unknown Transmission (Teaser)
The Owl-Verse

Issue 33: The Iron Owl

490 25 9
By Emperor_Drakkon

The life of Spider-Witch couldn't have been better.

Her friends knew her secret and were more than accepting, the city was safe from all kinds of evil, and she had a girlfriend. She even got kissed by her. The girl she had been crushing on since...she couldn't even remember!

Spider-Witch was practically giddy as she launched herself further and further into the air until she could practically see the whole city. She cheered as she began to fall, firing a web just in time to swing back up before she'd hit the pavement.

"Man! I feel great!!!" Spider-Witch exclaimed. "Literally nothing could ruin how I'm feeling right-"

Then, as if on cue, she saw a rather fancy car clearly speeding and swerving around other cars following the speed limit.

"...y'know? Not even this is bothering me! Bring it on!" Spider-Witch exclaimed as she began swinging over to the car. She eventually fired two webs and pulled herself from the air and onto the roof of the car.

She then looked at the front window. "Hey there, friends! Mind speeding up a bit? You're going too slow."

The criminals screamed and quickly pulled out their guns, but Spider-Witch just did what she usually did and grabbed onto the car and swung herself through the driver's window, kicking both the driver and the passenger out of the car and then webbing them both to the ground.

She then got in front of the car and used her super strength to stop the car right in its tracks, pushing back with all her might. And in moments, the car screeched to a stop.

Spider-Witch grinned and saw the other two criminals get out, quickly aiming their guns at her...but with shaky hands.

"...are you afraid of me?" Spider-Witch asked. "C'mon, look at me! I belong in a cartoon! Shoot me!"

The two thugs looked at each other before aiming their guns, only for Spider-Witch to tug them out of their hands with a web and toss them aside.

"I told ya to do it. Not romantically stare at each other." Spider-Witch said before she webbed them both of them to their car. "Send me an invite to the wedding!" She exclaimed before hopping on the car and back into the air, swinging off again.

She then hummed a tune to herself before swinging onto the top of a building, smiling to herself. "That one goes onto the list of quips...man, the list is getting long."

"You make a list?" A voice asked.

Spider-Witch's eyes widened and she whipped around...before she gasped at the sight before her.

Right behind her was a woman covered head to toe in high-tech crimson armor, with hints of a lighter shade and black across it. Energy was coming from her palms and boots, and she had a strange glowing circle right on her chest that was glowing gold.

And finally, she had an all too familiar helmet...that looked exactly like The Golden Goblin, just in a different color and without the horns.

"...who are you?!" Spider-Witch cried before she got ready. "Ohh, I get it! You're working for this guy who hates me for some reason! Bring it on! This is still not bringing down my mood!"

The woman looked confused. "Wait, what-"

Spider-Witch then lunged at the woman, punching her across the face and then swinging herself around before going to kick her while still in the air.

The woman grabbed Spider-Witch's foot and threw her back down onto the building. "WHOA, WHOA! KID, I DON'T WANNA FIGHT!!! I AIN'T A BAD GUY!!!"

Spider-Witch's eyes widened. "Wait, wha-?"

The woman then landed, striking a superhero pose afterwards before walking over to her. "You've been fighting too much. Look, I'm not a supervillain nor was I hired by this guy who hates you...although after that punch, I might consider working for him!" She said, crossing her arms.

Spider-Witch stood up straight. "O-oh my gosh, I am so sorry!!! I thought you were a supervillain!!!"

"Do I look like a supervillain?" The woman asked, gesturing to herself. "I mean, c'mon, what villain would look this good in a suit of battle armor?"

Spider-Witch blinked before she shrugged.

"...anyway, I just came to talk." The woman said. "What's your name?"

"Spider-Witch. I've been on the news a few times."

"No, I mean your real name." The woman said.

"Secret identity. And I'm really struggling to keep that." Spider-Witch replied. "And I don't even know you, lady! Plus, you're wearing the same mask as Golden Goblin! The guy who was mind controlled into trying to kill me!"

The woman tilted her head before pointing at her mask. "This? This is a family thin- Okay, that's for later." She said before she eventually took off her helmet...revealing a woman in her 40's with pale skin, golden eyes, rather fabulous gray hair, and...pointy elf-like ears. "The name's Eda."

Spider-Witch's eyes widened at the sight of her before she walked over. "Whoa...cool pointy ears!"

"...you don't have 'em?"

"No?"

Eda snorted. "And you call yourself Spider-Witch."

"H-hey! I call myself that because I can do magic!" Spider-Witch said. "How else am I able to do all this stuff with next to no explanation?"

"Okay, you're clearly not from home." Eda muttered to herself before she set her helmet aside. "But for your information, your magic does have an explanation. I should know. I know where it comes from."

Spider-Witch's eyes widened again. "Wait...really? You...you aren't trying to trick me?"

Eda shook her head. "Wouldn't have a whole lot to gain from tricking you, kid...speaking of..."

She then grabbed Spider-Witch's mask and tore it off.

Luz yelped and quickly took it back. "HEY!"

"Relax! Relax!" Eda laughed. "Has no one tried that?"

Luz huffed, making a pouty face. "No, the bad guys aren't usually interested and most people learn because I'm not careful enough."

"See, that's why I don't bother with the secret identity thing." Eda said. "...plus, I really can't come up with a cool hero name if I ever decided to use this thing to fight crime."

Luz then put her mask back on since it was still possible someone could see her. "So...your name's Eda and you know about my powers? Where they came from? Is that why you wanted to talk with me...?"

"Yeah, I know it seems a bit hard to believe, but ya see these?" Eda said as she gestured to her ears. "Witches have these. Legitimate witches."

Spider-Witch's eyes widened. "Wait, wait...witches? Like...real witches?! Magic witches!?" She exclaimed, wanting to fangirl.

"Yyyup." Eda said. "And your powers come from our realm...if ya follow me back to my humble abode, I can tell ya the rest."

"...and this isn't a trap?"

"If it was, I highly doubt I'd be able to keep ya, kid...you got a name by the way? I've seen your face and all, and I don't plan on telling anybody...not that the average person would know some high schooler."

Spider-Witch was silent for a bit before she sighed. "My name's Luz. It's nice to meet you, Eda. I honestly kinda like your sass."

Eda smirked a bit at that before she grabbed her helmet and put it back on. "Thanks, kid. Follow me if you wanna do some learning."

She then jumped off the building...only for large mechanical wings to come out of her suit's back and help her get further into the air before the energy came blasting out from her hands and feet again as the wings retracted and she started flying through the city.

Spider-Witch leapt off into the city and then she began swinging after Eda. "You've got mechanical wings and you don't fly with them?!"

"Yeah, the wings are just for show." Eda shrugged. "Lily said they're impractical, but I said to her: 'So what?! They're freakin' cool!'"

"They are cool!!! Think of all the dramatic poses you can strike with them!"

"FINALLY! SOMEONE ELSE GETS IT!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50K 910 36
You were regarded as a weird child in kindergarten. Weren't all the kids strange though? Despite the number of weird kids in your general class and g...
52K 2K 34
Luz Noceda goes to Hexside University, she's a freshman and barely knows how to keep up with her schoolwork. She lives with her adoptive mother Eda...
77.8K 2.1K 44
17 year old Luz Noceda never expected to go to Hexide High, one of the biggest schools in the country. She wanted to start over fresh after her bad e...
2.3K 92 20
While cleaning out the attic, Amity and her siblings discover a set of journals from their parents school days. Will they fight the urge to read them...