EAT YOUR YOUNG|TBOSBAS

By W3dnesdaysgf

Historia Grant was always known as the odd one out. How she acted, how she learned, even her hair. She could... More

EAT YOUR YOUNG
PART I ✧.* THE MENTOR
1 ✧.*
2 ✧.*
3 ✧.*
4 ✧.*
5 ✧.*
6 ✧.*
7 ✧.*
8 ✧.*
9 ✧.*
10 ✧.*
12✧.*
13✧.*
14✧.*
15✧.*
16✧.*
17✧.*
ACT II ✧.* THE PRIZE
18✧.*

11✧.*

185 6 1
By W3dnesdaysgf

(BABETTES POV)

✧.*

"WOAH WE ACTUALLY GET TO WALK OUT OF THIS THING?"

Miles whispers to me as the truck stops. His little comments causes a laugh from me. It was true though, last time being in here we were thrown out. We are once more put into this truck. It wasn't the most comfortable place to be in, being that it was stuffy and we were all stuffed in leaving little to no space for anyone.

The doors open up and we are immediately bombarded with yelling from the peacekeepers. It seems like we could never catch a break from them. One by one me and the rest of us are instructed to get out of the truck, then we are said to be put into a line by district with our Mentors.

Shortly I was escorted to Vespara, who looked even happier to see me then she was at the academy. After talking to her the day before at the zoo and at the academy made me really warm up to the Capital girl. Looking to the front of me stood Miles and his mentor. Which Miles seemed to tolerate. Then behind me was Treech with his.

"Oh let me fix your collar for you." Vespara says to me as I feel her hands reach down towards my neck to fix my collar on my dress.

The dress I wore was a dress that belonged to my mother. It was a very nice dress indeed. Being a worn out blue color with matching worn out lace down the front. In the middle sat buttons. And it was all out together by a white collar around the neck line.

The dress reminded me of when I was small, going through my mother's closet a lot. I remember I laid my eyes on it and the dress never once left my mind. It was a dress from my mother's time when she was sixteen. My mother happened to walk in on me admiring the dress and promised I could wear it when I was old enough to. Soon enough that day came a couple of days ago on reaping day.

Miles also wore something of his late father, my uncle. Who sadly died in the war, and with my aunt along with it dying of a illness. Which caused Miles to be left in the care of my mother and father. It was just the four of us until two years ago when my dad had fell deathly ill. After he passed it was just me, Miles, and Mother. Now soon it would only be her left.

"There, now you look even more stunning." Vespara says patting my shoulders.

"How come?" I ask. "You only fixed the collar of my dress."

"Small things can change anyone's appearance, even if it's not noticeable." She says.

Still not knowing how that makes sense, I left it be. All I know for sure is that Vespara wouldn't tell me anything wrong, at least I hoped so. Snapping me back into reality was a peacekeepers telling us one on one to enter the arena.

I looked in front of me at the eerie dark tunnel that was the entrance. Slowing, everyone starts to walk forward. A couple seconds later I hear a creepy voice call out.

'Enjoy the show!'

I feel a chill go down my back as I hear the women's voice. Looking ahead I notice it came out from the little beams where Facet and his mentor walked through. Feeling a little wary, I move closer to Vespara as we walked.

Vespara looks down at me. "You're okay, nothing's going to hurt you."

She tells me in a gentle voice. "You can trust me on this, I won't let anything hurt you in there."

"How are you so sure?" I say, as the voice says the phrase again.

"Look I'll stand in front of you so if there is, if possibly a threat." She says putting a hand on my shoulder. "It'll have to go through me first."

Hearing her say that made my uneasiness flow away, but not completely. I nodded my head at her and she moves in front of and turns around. Giving me a thumbs up for resurgence, then turning back around again.

The voice goes again, and again with each mentor and tribute walking into the arena. As I try to take deep breath's I feel a hand grab my shoulder. I flinch at the touch a whip my head to the side to be met with Treech.

"Are you okay? Noticed your mentor moved away from you." He says.

"Oh yeah just a little spooked, but she just moved up there to protect me some how." I say feeling a little embarrassed to having my mentor step in front of me since I was scared of entering the arena.

"Your Mentor will put herself first? That's a pretty cool mentor six." Treech says.

"What about yours, how's she?" I ask him.

"She's pretty good." He says. "At least she ain't like the little boy from nine's mentor."

"Why? The boys name is Kane right?" I say.

"Heard his mentor ways back scolding him to act good in here, calling him a district runt, but it didn't last long when that girl Delta stepped in and he shut his mouth." He says before it was our turn to go through into the arena.

Not going far away from eachother we slowly walk through, following the voice calling out. It seemed like this place had to be somewhere they would put shows. Since that voice never shuts up when you enter saying to enjoy the show.

As we both enter the darken arena, only lighting coming from the camera people. I felt a roughen hand slid its way into my hand. Looking down it could only be Treech who was next to me the whole time. Instead of pulling my hand away i go with it, even holding it a little tighter. Making sure I don't get separated from him.

I don't really know why but I had a feeling as if butterflies were in my stomach as me and him walked, hands interlocked. Looking around I noticed Coral's Mentor badgering the camera crew to point the camera at Coral. As they did she winked at the cameras.

Vespara didn't have to ask when one of the cameras goes onto me and Treech. Making sure it was getting both of us and our hands together. I didn't even bother to pull away from him, just putting my access hand over the side of my face where the camera light shined bright on me.

While trying to look around without the bright light, my eye caught a glimpse of Miles. Standing off straight ahead with his mentor next to him. My eye also catches another figure on the other side of him clinging on to his arm for dear life. The figure was Lamina who had her arms wrapped around his arm as she sobbed a little bit.

Relieved to have found them I speak to Treech. "Miles and Lamina are just up ahead."

With that Treech looked over to see the pair. "Let's go, if I stay over here with this camera on me any longer I might lose it."

Treech leads me over and as we walked over we suddenly stopped at a noise coming from the roof. Looking up I see one by one a small window opens up revealing light seeping into the arena. After all of them was open, I could finally see the arena fully.

"You will have fifteen minutes to walk with your mentor and view the arena." A loud voice says over a speaker.

Vespara. Where has she gone? It didn't take long before I looked to see her with Delta's mentor and Delta herself. Standing close by Delta was Reaper and Dill. Knowing she was not far away I continue to go with Treech over where Miles and Lamina stood.

While walking i Look down at my feet and notice red circles with numbers on them. Realizing these are the dots we're supposed to stand on until the buzzer rings in the arena when the games start. Chills go through me as the number i step on is a six, either me or Miles will be standing there in a couple of days. I look away it and try to ignore those thoughts.

"There you two are, we were just about to look for y'all." Miles says. "Looks like you two found each other."

He smiles as he mentions to our hands. My face heats up, and the two of us let of of our hands. "Looks like you found Lamina too." Treech says.

"Yeah well her Mentor left her to go take a look at the arena." Miles says as Lamina starts to slowly let go but still holding on to him.

"So do you all want to look around at the arena?" Treech suggests.

"That sounds good." Lamina speaks.

Miles then turns to his Mentor, Apollo Ring. "Hey Apollo, could I look at the arena by myself?"

"Do whatever kid." The boy in red says, followed by a smiling Miles.

"Thank you, I won't be long." Miles says. "Don't miss me too much!"

Apollo simply rolls his eyes at Miles. We then set off on our walk around the arena, maybe finding a hiding space at least somewhere. Even if Vespara says it wont be easy to find one. I can tell the arena was built with no where to hide so the games would go quicker. But we will find a way.

Looking around I could see how the other tributes were doing. Pippa from five stood alone next to her Mentor who tried to make conversation with her. Lucy Gray was with her Mentor while Pricilla and Jessup hung around Jessup's mentor, closely I could see Pricilla keeping a carefully eye on the rainbow girl and mentor.

"Just nothing, not even a open wall to hid behind." Miles explains kicking the floor.

"So what will we do?" Lamina asks.

"Maybe we could-" Treech says Not before a voice calls out towards our direction.

"Hey LumberJack and Train boy!" Looking over I see the voice was coming from Coral, who stood firmly with Mizzen and Tanner on either side of her.

All of us turn towards the trio. Coral makes a movement suggesting them to go over to them.

"Lamina, Babette." Treech says as he and Miles starts to walk over.

"Just you two." Coral stopping them in their tracks, giving both me and Lamina a look to really show she doesn't want us over. "Just you two."

I look to Miles and Treech who had very stunned faces, Glancing at Lamina who gave the same look. In that moment I didn't know what the two would do. Would they go with her? Would they leave me and Lamina to fend for ourselves? No Miles and Treech wouldn't do that, but now I really didn't know. But deep down I wouldn't blame them, seeing this is a game of survival.

"If Babette and Lamina aren't going, then you can forget it." Miles says with a stern voice.

With a annoyed look on her face, she gazed at Treech. "Lumberjack?"

Treech stood still, then he looks at them and at us. His face saying everything. "Treech?"

I say in a quiet tone. Glancing at me and back to Lamina and Miles, he turns back around and starts to walk over. Coral having a pleasing look on her face. I stare at him in disbelief, seeing the boy I once saw as an ally turn away with ease.

I turn to Lamina who had a much more sad face. Her breathing got heavy, almost as if she was about to cry. With no hesitation I walk over to the girl and wrap my arm around her arm. "Its going to be okay Lamina."

"I can't believe him, leaving his own district partner." Miles says in a angry tone, but laced with a little sadness. "Forget him Lamina he isn't worth it."

I feel Lamina warp her other arm around mine, as she looked to the floor. I couldn't even think to imagine what she must be thinking. The only person she thought she could trust, the only person from her district, just walking away to go with different tributes.

I couldn't even really think. I only known Treech for two days and it feels like I known him longer. Really getting to known him on the train here and in the zoo. I wanted to be mad for him leaving but I couldn't. Everyone of us from the districts just want to go home.

"I'm sorry Lamina." Miles begins to say before the whole arena starts to shake.

It all happens in a blink of an eye. As the whole of our surroundings start to go up in flames and rumble. Before I could even take what was happening, I black out.

A/N
Finally I finished this chapter. I hope you all like this one :)
*not proof read!*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.4K 987 24
"Cause baby I could build a castle Out of all the bricks they threw at me And every day is like a battle But every night with us is like a dream" ♡ A...
7.4K 132 17
Sixteen-year-old Aaliya Camron thought she had her life all planned out. But when she gets reaped for the 74th Hunger Games, she knows her life is g...
1.2K 34 19
In which Finch Blaze an orphan girl from district two meets the sweet Lamina from District 7, the two could not be more different from one another bu...
12K 588 44
REWRITE of my 2019/2020 fic 'The Murderess || Finnick Odair.' It may be significantly different from the original, as I am working to make it better...