17✧.*

(BABETTE'S POV)

IT WAS QUIET IN THE ZOO CAGE, COLD AND QUIET

Only sound that could be heard was Miles's soft breathing next to me. Miles was fast asleep with his head laying on the rock. Lamina fell asleep too in the same position on the other side. Miles wanted us to practice taking turns of who sleeps and who stays up to be the watch. He said it was for the arena, it would be safer if we did it.

I argued with him on it, saying the arena had no where to hide. Meaning the games would go by fast, so what's the point? He gave the point of the bombing. Saying maybe that had a little effect on the arena causing there to be hiding spaces with the rumble. He says this knowing probably the capital didn't care to clean the arena. Making me curious on how it's going to look tomorrow.

I sit with my legs laid out. My hands holding a rock, my fingers feeling the smooth top of the rock. Trying to get the imagine of that red dot with the number six out of my head.

All of the other tributes were probably all asleep by now. Only a couple wide awake without talking. Probably too scared to sleep, with tomorrow on their minds.

Suddenly I hear a crack of a branch. Causing me to look towards the sound with one of my hands holding the rock up in self defense. I thought it was a raccoon that roamed around the cage again, like the last couple of the nights spent here.

To my surprise it was not a raccoon, instead it was Treech. The sight of him made me lower my hand with the rock, putting the rock on the ground.

"We're you just about to throw a rock at me?" Treech whispers in a playful manner.

"I was about to throw a rock at what I thought was a raccoon." I whisper back. "They're kinda scary, they can give you rabies."

I hear him softly laugh. Once we got back to the zoo after the interviews, Coral called Treech over to what seemed like her little group she made up. Treech obviously agreeing to go over, we haven't talked since.

"Thought you were sticking with Coral and them?" I whisper, getting up from my spot.

"I was," He says. "But I just couldn't sleep, not over there at least."

"Besides I don't know how to feel about them just yet," Treech says. "I mean Pippa seemed like a good one."

He looks down at Miles and Lamina, who sat there sleeping peacefully. Lamina only fell asleep an hour ago, after we talked for awhile about our Districts. I thought it would help get her mind off tomorrow.