Inside The Outsider

Od negreaux_dada

"It's hard to feel beautiful or loved, when a world you live in is segregated because of the color of your sk... Viac

Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider
Inside The Outsider

Inside The Outsider

4.3K 162 90
Od negreaux_dada

"Diana, breakfast is ready," I rubbed my sleepy eyes as i stretched my arms above my head," Hurry now before it gets cold." I popped the aches in my back and yawned," Yes m'am."
I threw the covers off of me as i risen from my bed. I glanced down at the silver band on my left index finger that Dally gave me for my birthday. I twirled it around my finger, before finally getting out of the bed. I went to the mirror that was attached to my dresser, picked up my brush and brushed through my crazy hair.

I walked out of my room and sat at the table with everyone else,"Well goodmornin' to you too Diana." Daddy greeted as i dug into my breakfast; i chewed my food before i spoke,"Goodmornin'." I didn't speak anymore after that, which was weird for me, I'm usually always talkin' about something, whether it'd be the weather or what's going on in the news,"Diana, I heard James Brown is comin' down here." Momma commented, I glanced at her and nodded,"You gonna save up your money and go?" I shrugged my shoulders,"Maybe." I continued eating my food.

After i finished my breakfast, I went back into my room and laid back down. As i laid there i began to fiddle with my ring. I stared at it intently; Dally means everything to me, no matter how crude or careless he could be, I loved him regardless, I just wondered if he felt the same about me. He's been with me this long, it seems evident, but most people just stay in relationships just for the hell of it . Suddenly my door cracked open,"Diana?" I looked up from my ring and glanced up at momma,"Clarice is here." "Okay."

She went away from the door and I saw her go back to the front door. Clarice cheerfully paced to my room, she opened the door and closed it behind her,"Girl why are you in bed?" "Are you sad that your little boy ain't here?" She smirked at me. I glared at her and shook my head,"No, i just...I don't know...I question us sometimes." Clarice raised her eyebrow,"Why? Cause y'all two different colors?" I shrugged my shoulders,"Diana, stop being insecure, he loves ya, look at ya, who wouldn't love ya, besides those ignorant bastards."

I smiled shyly at her compliment,"Now come on and get ready so we can cause some havoc." I shook my head at her and laughed. Clarice was really one of my closest friends; even though i only known her for a short period of time, i could tell we were gonna be old friends. I had a friend like her back in Alabama, her name was Denise. She was younger than me, but age didn't matter, she was a good friend otherwise. We had so many good times together before she was taken away from me. The hatred from white people killed her and three other girls at the church in our neighborhood; they were killed at a place of worship and peace, after that tragedy, momma and daddy knew we had to get out of Birmingham.

"Diana, you okay?" I blinked my eyes a couple of times and glanced at Clarice,"Yeah, imma go take a quick shower." I picked out an outfit from my closet and went to the bathroom that me and siblings shared. I quickly washed up and slipped on a floral collared dress with black sheer pantyhose underneath. I brushed my teeth and went back into my room to put on my black church heels, I grabbed my big jacket and we exited my room,"Alright momma i'll be back before dinner." "Don't be out there actin' a fool now." "We won't momma, bye" Clarice and I walked out of our neighborhood and out to the city instead.

"Mm, don't i look like Tina Turner." "More like Don King." I laughed to myself as Clarice glared at me. She reached over and smacked my arm,"Well excuse me Ms.Diana.Ross. I don't see you over here...." Before you knew it my mind had wandered out the window and at that moment my eyes had caught a scene i'd never seen before. A group of white guys were fighting across the street; some looked rich as can be and the others looked greasy. I kept staring at the guys, these white guys were fighting their own kind. I could see they had nothing in common, but to go against your own people is ridiculous. As i continued to contemplate, i had figured out that they did have one thing in common, they despised negroes. If i were to walk out there right now, they'd stop fighting and start to give me hell. The only white guys i know that wouldn't hurt me is Dally and Darry.

I'm not really sure on Darry though; he could've been nice to me just because i'm Dally's girl or because he pitied me. I really want to know why he helped me, and the only way to figure that out is to go down there myself and find out.
As my mind escaped it self, Clarice was waving her hand in my face," Hello?Diana?" "Huh?" She examined me to make sure i was okay," Were you havin' a vision or somethin'? You looked like a psychic goin' into a trance." I shook my head and faced her," We should get goin'." "I know," Clarice glanced at her watch,"I have a date with ya brotha." She finally set down that ugly wig and walked out of the store,"Why were you starin' at them white guys? Was one of them the boy you with?" I shook my head,"No it's just crazy how they were fighting each other." "Yeah i know, they'd usually be terrorizin' us. But i'm glad they're fightin', it kinda gives us negroes a break." "Barely."

We walked out of the city and stopped at a near by neighborhood that was close to ours,"I'll see ya later Diana." Clarice wrapped her arms around me and I did the same,"Bye Clarice." We let go of each other and went our separate ways.

As i continued to walk, i began to worry about my safety, it was broad daylight and people can see me. I didn't want the events that happened last time to reoccur again. I placed my hands into my jacket pockets and sang to myself. It's the only method to keep me relaxed,"The moment I wake up, before i put on my makeup; I say a little prayer for you. While combing my hair, now, and wondering what dress to wear, now, I say a little prayer for you." As i kept walkin', my hands were shakin' and my voice was tremblin'. As I neared the fence, i quietly opened it and closed it back gently; I steadily walked up the stairs to the house and stopped at the door.

My heart beat began to race and my hands were still shaking; i pulled up my hand and gently knocked on the door. I immediately retrieved my hand and put them behind my back. The door quickly flew open, but instead of Darry being there it was some other boy way smaller and a little familiar. He was skinny and little taller than me,his light brown hair was greased back and his blue eyes were starin' directly at me as if he knew me too," Can i come in?" He scratched the back of his head,"Uh yeah?" He stepped away from the door and i hesitantly stepped inside.

Once again, my heart was beating out of control. Alot of white guys were in here; a little chubby one was on the couch with a beer in his hand, a more tan one with black hair was starin' at me as if i were a ghost. Two more guys were sitting at a table playin' cards, but their focus was unfortunately on me. I took a look at them; one of them was actually really cute with his brown suave hair and pretty eyes. The other one had black greasy slicked back hair and muscles that were protrudin' from his shirt. The way he was lookin' at me was terrifying, like i had intruded or stole something from him.

I turned away from his intimidatin' stare and glanced at the boy who invited me in,"I take it that Darry isn't here?" The ones i was facin' were inspectin' me, especially the tan one; the slender boy shook his head,"No he isn't." "Hey aren't you the crazy girl who had the gun pulled out on ya at the diner?" The one with the beer in his hand questioned; i nodded my head. "Why do you wanna see Darry? I never seen him hangin' around any negroes." The pretty boy asked shockingly, I glanced at him and he was starin' at me intently, I swallowed the lump in my throat. Being here was makin' me more uncomfortable each second. These were Dally's friends and their opinion about me would definitely effect him if they knew we were together. I had to get out of here,"Um I'm gonna go." I backed up from where i was standin', almost near the door.

Suddenly, someone barged through the door, which caused me to jump in surprise; i turned around and my eyes grew wide,"Diana!? What are you doin' here!?" I was choked on my words,"Dally, you datin' her?" One of them asked, i wasn't payin attention, i was just focused on Dally who was glarin at me. Without a warnin, the boy with the black hair and muscles got up from his seat,"Are you out of your mind, datin someone like her," He glared at Dally then me,"You're better off datin a soc than her." I glanced at him and back at Dally who was just standin there; his jaw was clenched and his fists were balled up,"What you doin with that nigger?" I grabbed the sleeves of my jacket to keep myself from lashin out, Dally was still just standin there, my eyebrows furrowed in disbelief.

I scanned around the room, all the boys were shocked at what was goin on. I glanced at Dally one more time before pushin by him and stormed out of the house. I grabbed the fence door and swung it open, I was about to keep walkin until my wrist was firmly gripped and turned me around,"Diana listen-" i yanked my wrist from Dally's grip," What do you want from me Dallas!? Huh? What's the point of being with me!?," He stared into my eyes not saying a word,"Cause I'm tired of this. I'm tired of everything! I do nothing to these people, and they judge me as if I'm the bad guy!" Dally combed back his hair in frustration,"I'm tired of being hated for nothin', I'm tired of being silent, and I'm tired of hidin' for the sake of your street creditability!," I slipped off the jacket and threw it at him with all the strength I had,"So you can take this jacket!" Tears were welling up in my eyes and my heart was beating out of my chest, I grabbed my left hand and gazed at the ring on my finger,"I love you too much Dally...But it's best that we stick to our own kind."

I swirled the ring off my finger and squeezed it in my hand. Tears began to spill from my eyes. It's hard to feel beautiful or loved, when a world you live in is segregated by the color of your skin. But when I met him, everything changed. Changed for the better and for the worst, but as much as I want him, I need to let him go for the both of us,"Diana.." I gazed into his eyes one last time and threw the ring at him as i ran away from there for good.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

3.3M 144K 43
𝙏𝙞𝙡 3005, 𝙄 𝙜𝙤𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠, 𝙬𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙙𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨, 𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙪𝙥.....
369K 6K 31
↳ ANNALISE CURTIS "she walked into my heart like she always belonged there, took down my walls and lit my soul on fire." after the death of dallas' b...
18.1K 842 25
I've seen the sunset, I've watched all of the colors that I will never see again sink into darkness. I hated sunsets, they reminded me of myself and...