Yugioh Arc-V: The Spirit King

By SpectrePhantomForce

Shiryu Busujima was a young boy who was oblivious to the dangers of the world. All it took was one incident... More

Bio
Prologue: Into the Shadows
Chapter 1: Tragic Origins
Chapter 2: The Arrival of the King
Heads Up!
Chapter 3: Enter Duel Academy!
Chapter 4: Escaping the Clutches of Academia Part 1
Chapter 6: Forces Align
Chapter 7: The Pendulum Swings
Chapter 8: Sister's United
Chapter 9: Once Broken Now Healed
Nani?
Chapter 10: Requiem of the Phantom Duelist
Next Chapter On The Way.
Chapter 11: Conquerer of the Vanquished!
Guys, I need your help!: 👍
Chapter 12: Clash of the Ages: Reji VS Shiryu!
Chapter 13: ........
Announcement! New Chapter on the way!
Annoucement: Not Discontinuing this Story
Finally Conquered Highschool: New Chapter coming this Week.
Chapter 13: Revenge of the Forgotten
20K!?

Chapter 5: Escaping the Clutches of Academia Part 2

977 14 26
By SpectrePhantomForce

"So, you're the traitor, huh Shiryu?" a condescending voice said.

The group of four stopped in their tracks upon hearing the voice. Before they could begin to look for it, a person landed in front of them. Cutting them off from reaching the dimension gate.

"It's you!" both Ruri and Rin gasped.

"Yuri!" Serena growled.

Standing before them was Yuri, the Fusion Dimension piece of Zarc.

"Damn it! So close." Zarc said.

"It took a while to chase those girls down and bringing them back here." Yuri said with a smirk. "I can't have you ruining all my hard work."

"How did he know what was going on?" Rin asked.

"Didn't you say your virus controlled all of Academia Shiryu?" Serena asked him.

"Leo has a private server doesn't he." Shiryu stated more so than asked to Yuri. "He found out about what had happened and contacted you to stop us."

"Well done, Shiryu." Yuri said while clapping his hands slowly. "You already figured out everything, and all without me saying anything. You truly are a smart one." then activated his duel disk and blade

"Girls get to the gate." Shiryu said while activating his own. "I'll keep him busy for you to get to it, but if others show up use it and leave."

"What?!" Rin asked.

"What are you saying?!" Ruri asked.

"We're not leaving you behind!" Serena said to her boyfriend. "Besides we can't use it without you can't we?"

"I already programed the codes into your duel disks that will allow you to use it, just in case something happened to me." Shiryu said. "Besides... you're not going to let me walk away, are you Yuri?"

"Absolutely." Yuri said with a grin. "I've ALWAYS wanted to duel you, Shiryu, except you turn me down every time! You may try to hide it, but I can see that you're a strong duelist and I want to see HOW strong!"

"You see?" Shiryu said.

"But..." Serena tried to argue.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine." Shiryu said 

'Even though I treated him badly; he still wants to help.' Ruri thought.

"Well? How bout it?"  Shiryu asks him. "You get your duel and in exchange you let them get to the gate?"

"......." Yuri thought about it. "Deal." He gave a sadistic grin,"I can always hunt them later."

Shiryu looks at the girls again.

"Get going." Shiryu said. "Trust me."

The sisters look at each other and nod.

"Alright, but you better win!" Serena told him. "If you lose, I'll kick your ass myself!"

The three ran past him and Yuri.

"Well, now I can't afford to lose." Shiryu said with a smirk. "Sorry Yuri but you heard them."

"I did, too bad you will." Yuri said with a smile which then turned into a smirk. "Although, I did  promise to let them get to the gate..."

Just as the girls were about to reach the gate, three males in red uniforms appeared in front of them.

"...They didn't." Yuri finished.

"Bastard!" Shiryu growled.

"Guess Leo told him not to take any chances." Zarc said.

(Of course he wouldn't.) Shiryu agreed. (He's not going to risk losing the parts of Ray he has.)

"Sorry, but you girls aren't going anywhere." Red #1 said with a smirk.

"Damn it." Serena growled.

"You know, you girls are pretty cute." Red #2 said with a grin.

"Coming from guys like you, that makes me want to puke." Ruri snapped.

"Come on now, don't be like that." Red #3 said. "Maybe after Yuri cards that filthy traitor we can have some fun." he says as he licks his lips, something that the other two agreed with.

"How about hell no you freak!" Rin said angerly.

"And besides." Serena added. "What makes you think we're gonna listen to you?"

The sisters share a look, nod and deploy their blades.

"Guess we're doing this the hard way." Red #1 said as the boys deployed theirs.

"Don't worry, we'll go easy on you girls." Red #3 said arrogantly.

Back to Shiryu and Yuri, they were about to start their own duel.

"I hope your ready, Shiryu." Yuri said with a smile.

"I've been ready for a long time Yuri." Shiryu responded.

"DUEL!" both yelled.

Shiryu and Yuri LP: 4000

Turn 1: Shiryu

"I'll start this off." Shiryu said as he took a card from his hand. "I'll first play Branded Fusion!"

The card appears on his field.

"I fuse from my deck Fallen of Albaz with Incredible Ecclesia, the Virtuous to Fusion Summon Level 8: Albion the Branded Dragon!" Shiryu declared.

Albion roared as it appeared on the field in Defense mode.

"Next I use his effect to fusion again!" Shiryu said. "I banish the Albaz in my GY and the Ad Libitum of Despia in my hand to Fusion Summon Level 8: Lubellion the Searing Dragon!"

Lubellion appeared beside Albion also in Defense mode.

"Now by sending a card in my hand to the GY." Shiryu said as he discards. "I can use Lubellions effect to fusion summon again! I return to my deck my two banish monsters to Fusion Summon Level 8: Masquerade the Blazing Dragon!"

Next to appear was Masquerade in Defense mode too.

"I end my turn!" Shiryu announced.

Turn 2: Yuri

"Draw." Yuri said as he looked at his hand. "I must say Shiryu, your skills are truly remarkable. To be able to fusion summon back-to-back with so little cards is incredible. Something not many can do."

He picks a card out of his hand and plays it.

Before the cards effect could take place Masquerade growled and a red aura appeared around Yuri, but he didn't flinch and was more intrigued then anything else.

"Oh?" Yuri observed.

"Whenever you activate a card effect, my dragon will burn you for 600 LP before it even starts!" Shiryu informed.

Yuri LP: 4000 – 3400

"Also, I'm chaining it with my Maxx C's effect." Shiryu said as he discarded and was left with one card in his hand. "Every time you special summon a monster; I draw a card until the end of the turn." 

'Ha! In your face! Fall prey to the dreaded Max C!!!!' Zarc celebrated although only Shiryu heard him which made him crack a grin. 

"I see." Yuri said in thought. "Then that means if I'm not careful, I risk self-destruction. What a scary effect you have. Plus you can now replenish your hand. Not bad."

"I don't exactly have time to dick around after all." Shiryu responded.

"Then by all means." Yuri said. "I activate the Spell Card Predapractice!"

Predapractice

Normal Spell Card

Special Summon 1 "Predaplant" monster from your hand, then add 1 "Predap" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Predapractice", also for the rest of this turn after this card resolves, you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck, except Fusion Monsters. You can only activate 1 "Predapractice" per turn.

"Another card for me." Shiryu said.

"With this card I can special summon one Predaplant monster from my hand." Yuri explained. "The monster I summon is Predaplant Flytrap!"

Predaplant Flytrap

Star: 2

Atk/Def: 400/800

Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; place 1 Predator Counter on it, and if it is Level 2 or higher, it becomes Level 1 as long as it has a Predator Counter. At the start of the Damage Step, when this card battles a monster with an equal or lower Level: You can destroy that monster, then increase this card's Level by the original Level of the destroyed monster.

"I activate Flytraps effect." Yuri said as he took the burn damage.

Yuri LP: 3400 – 2800

"I can place a Predator Counter on one of your monsters." Yuri said. "And the monster I choose is Masquerade."

A small plant attached itself to Masquerades wing.

"And what is this suppose to do?" the dragon asked.

(With Predaplants, nothing good.) Shiryu warned.

"Next I normal summon my Predaplant Chlamydosundew!" Yuri announced.

Predaplant Chlamydosundew

Star: 2

Atk/Def: 600/200

Monsters with a Predator Counter that you use as Fusion Materials are treated as DARK. During your Main Phase: You can Fusion Summon 1 DARK Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using this card on the field and monsters from your hand, field, and/or monsters with a Predator Counter your opponent controls as Fusion Material. You can only use this effect of "Predaplant Chlamydosundew" once per turn.

"I will now activate Chlamydosundew's effect." Yuri said.

"And take another 600 damage." Shiryu added.

Yuri LP: 2800 – 2200

"Not anymore after this I will." Yuri smirked.

"Nani?" Shiryu asked.

"You see Shiryu-san, you're not the only person who can fusion summon using a monster's effect without a spell card." Yuri said with a bigger smirk. "During my main phase, I can fuse Chlamydosundew with a monster in my hand, field or, if it has a Predator Counter, a monster you control!"

"Shit/Shit!" the human-Spirit duo shouted.

"I fuse my Predaplant Chlamydosundew with your Masquerade the Blazing Dragon!" Yuri announced. "I Fusion Summon Level 7: Predaplant Chimerafflesia!"

Predaplant Chimerafflesia

Star: 7

Atk/Def: 2500/2000

1 "Predaplant" monster + 1 DARK monster
Once per turn: You can target 1 monster on the field with a Level less than or equal to this card's; banish it. When an attack is declared involving this card and an opponent's face-up monster: You can activate this effect; until the end of this turn, that opponent's monster loses 1000 ATK, and if it does, this card gains 1000 ATK. Once per turn, during the next Standby Phase after this card was sent to the GY: You can add 1 "Polymerization" Spell or "Fusion" Spell from your Deck to your hand.

Appearing on Yuri's field was a nasty looking plant that smelled just as bad.

"I may have lost my dragon, but I gain another card." Shiryu said as he drew a card giving him three cards.

"True and you'll be adding one more." Yuri said as he played another card. "I activate Super Polymerization!"

"What?!" Shiryu exclaimed in shock.

Super Polymerization

Quick-Play Spell

Discard 1 card; Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from either field as Fusion Material. Neither player can activate cards or effects in response to this card's activation.

"When did you add Super Polymerization to your deck?" Shiryu asked greatly surprised, "I've never seen you play it till now."

"Yes, I saw you use it in your deck." Yuri explained. "Seeing how you used it the way you did, I decided to add it to my own."

'FUCK!' Shiryu swore. 'To think he added Super Polymerization so early in the timeline because of my influence!'

"I discard one card to fuse my Predaplant Flytrap with your Albion the Branded Dragon!" Yuri yelled.

'Here it comes.' Shiryu thought as he prepared himself.

Two beautiful flowers with an insect-alluring fragrance. Now become one, from a hell under your petals, give birth to another terror! I Fusion Summon! Appear, poisonous dragon with hungering fangs! Level 8!  Starve Venom Fusion Dragon!" Yuri yelled.

Starving Venom Fusion Dragon

Star: 8

Atk/Def: 2800/2000

2 Darkmonsters on the field, except Tokens
If this card is Fusion Summoned: You can make this card gain Atk equal to 1 opponent's Special Summoned monster, until the end of this turn. Once per turn: You can target 1 Level 5 or higher monster your opponent controls; until the End Phase, this card's name becomes that monster's original name, and replace this effect with that monster's original effects. If this Fusion Summoned card is destroyed: You can destroy all your opponent's Special Summoned monsters.

(I'm using the anime version effect.)

Appearing on Yuri's field was the gruesome looking fusion heavenly dragon. It looked at Shiryu and could sense another's presence coming from him. One that was very familiar.

"Starving Venom." Zarc said sadly as Shiryu drew another card from his deck.

"When Starving Venom is fusion summoned it can gain the attack of all your special summoned monsters." Yuri said.

Starving Venom Fusion Dragon Atk points: 2800 – 5300

"This isn't good." Zarc said nervously.

'Okay, if this was an anime, then this would be the part where plot armor comes in.' Shiryu thought.

"Now I could finish you off here and now." Yuri said. "But I won't."

"Say what?" Shiryu asked.

"No way." Zarc gasped "Do you have plot armor?"

(I sure as fuck hope so!) Shiryu responded.

"Like I said at the start, Shiryu." Yuri said as his "smile" became sinister. "I want to see how strong you are."

"Then bring it, Yuri!" Shiryu said.

"With pleasure! Battle!" Yuri said. "Starving Venom, attack his Lubellion the Searing Dragon!"

Starving Venom charged up and unleashed a blast of energy from it's mouth, destroying Lubellion. Shiryu braced himself against the shock wave.

"Now Chimerafflesia, attack him directly!" Yuri ordered.

The overgrown planted launched its vines at Shiryu.

"Look out!" Zarc warned his partner.

Shiryu looks just as they were about it hit him.

Back over to the girls, they were just about to finish off their own opponents. Both sides agreed to a 3v3 match, where they all had their own LP and fields, but shared GY, no was allowed to attack on the first turn and they would alternat between them. 

The line up was Ruri, Red #1, Serena, Red #2, Rin and finally Red #3. Ruri was still slightly off put about the seeing the Ancient Gear fusion monsters but thanks to her sisters at her side helped her focus. Rin used her monsters specialty to deal effect damage, which allowed them to summon their ace monsters and finish them off one at a time and not giving them the chance to attack them.

Red #1,2,3 LP: 0

Winner: Bracelet Sisters

The three boys were knocked out.

"That was easy!" Rin cheered.

"Only because we worked well together." Serena said.

"Thanks girls." Ruri said.

"Any time Ruri." Rin said.

"Now all we have to do is wait for-" Serena was saying before she was interrupted.

"GAHHHH!" Shiryu screamed.

The girls wiped their heads back to Shiryu's duel to see him take a nasty hit from Predaplant Chimerafflesia. He landed hard on his back.

Shiryu LP: 4000 – 1500

"SHIRYU!" the girls yelled worried.

Shiryu slowly got on his knees with his face down until he raised it up. 

"I think I'll end things there by placing two set cards." Yuri said as he put two spell/trap cards on his disk. "Now it's your turn Shiryu, so show me your true power!"

"If a fusion monster was sent to my GY this turn, I can add Incredible Ecclesia from my GY to my hand." Shiryu said as he panted.

Said card slid out of the GY zone and he added it to his hand. When he did Ecclesia appeared at his side, worried.

"Shiryu! Spirits, are you okay?!" Ecclesia asked.

(I'm okay Eccl, don't worry.) Shiryu said as he got to his feet as Ecclesia disappeared.

Shiryu looked at the field, then at his hand. Due to Maxx C, it gave him quite a full hand of five cards. With it, he could win the duel. The only problem was he needed a card to get rid of Yuri's set cards. Shiryu looked at his deck.

'Welp, if I have plot armor then maybe that could work.' Shiryu thought.

"Well? I'm waiting." Yuri said with his smirk still on his face.

Shiryu only put his fingers on his deck, ready to draw. His next words, while only a whisper, seemed to travel on the winds as the girls perfectly heard him as if he was standing right beside them.

"Heart of the cards... guide me." Shiryu whispered before announcing. "I draw!"

Turn 3: Shiryu

When he did, a gust was created. When Shiryu looked at his card, he grinned.

"Oh that is such bullshit." Shiryu said with a chuckle before playing the card he drew. 

"I activate the Spell Card Harpie's Feather Duster!"

Harpie's Feather Duster

Normal Spell

Destroy all of your opponents Spell and Trap Cards on the field.

"Now your set cards get wiped away." Shiryu said.

A giant feather swipes away Yuri's two set cards, destroying them. They were the trap cards Predaplanning and Predaplanet. He didn't care, they were mostly a bluff anyways.

"You wanted me at my strongest Yuri?" Shiryu asked. "Well here it comes. First due to you controlling more monsters then me, I can special summon Incredible Ecclesia, the Virtuous to the field!"

Incredible Ecclesia, the Virtuous

Star: 4 (Tuner)

Atk/Def: 1500/1500

If your opponent controls more monsters than you do, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). You can only Special Summon "Incredible Ecclesia, the Virtuous" once per turn this way. You can only use each of the following effects of "Incredible Ecclesia, the Virtuous" once per turn. During the Main Phase (Quick Effect): You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 "Swordsoul" monster or 1 "Fallen of Albaz" from your hand or Deck. During the End Phase, if a Fusion Monster (s) was sent to your GY this turn: Add this card from the GY to your hand.

"Also since I have a fusion monster in my GY that has Fallen of Albaz as listed material, I can special summon Springans Kitt!" Shiryu said.

Springans Kitt

Star: 4

Atk/Def: 1700/1000

If you have a Fusion Monster that mentions "Fallen of Albaz" as material on your field or in your GY: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add to your hand, 1 of your "Branded" Spells/Traps that is banished or in your Deck or GY, then place 1 card from your hand on the bottom of the Deck. You can only use each effect of "Springans Kitt" once per turn.

Appearing on the field beside Ecclesia was a pink haired fox girl.

"Next I activate Masquerades effect!" Shiryu announced. "Since you control an extra deck monster, I can special summon him from the GY, but once he leaves the field he'll be banished."

Masquerade retook the field and looked pretty pissed.

"Oh! I didn't know you could bring it back to the field." Yuri said.

"I now activate my spell cards Monster Reborn and Return of the Dragon Lords to bring back Albion and Lubellion!" Shiryu said.

The resurrected dragons roared. Shiryu now had a full field. Yuri began to applaud Shiryu.

"Wonderful, Shiryu." Yuri complimented.

"W-Wow!" Ruri said.

"I've never seen Shiryu duel like this before." Serena admitted.

Rin was about to say something herself, except she noticed something about one of Shiryu's monsters.

"Hey Serena?" Rin asked her fusion dimension sister.

"What?" Serena asked.

"The first monster Shiryu summoned this turn." Rin said. "Has he always had that card?"

"Yeah. For as long as I've known." Serena said. "Why?"

"And he's never been to my dimension before, right?" Rin asked again getting both girls attention.

"Rin... where are you going with this?" Serena asked.

Before Rin could answer the question, they turned back to the field after hearing Shiryu's voice.

"All the pieces have been gathered." Shiryu said as he grabs one of the two remaining cards in his hand. "For your defeat."

"My defeat, huh?" Yuri asked slightly interested in what he had planed.

"I activate Polymerization!" Shiryu announced before yelling. "I fuse Fallen of Albaz in my hand with Albion the Branded Dragon to Fusion Summon my ace! From the depths of time and space rise the dragon who's roar is primordial ice incarnate! I fusion summon! Descend! Level 8: Mirrorjade the Iceblade Dragon!" 

Mirrorjade the Iceblade Dragon 

Level: 8

Atk/Def: 3000/2500

Fallen of Albaz (plus) 1 Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, or Link Monster

You can only control 1 "Mirrorjade the Iceblade Dragon". Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can send 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck to the GY that mentions "Fallen of Albaz" as material; banish 1 monster on the field, also this card cannot use this effect next turn. If this Fusion Summoned card in its owners control leaves the field because of an opponent's card: You can destroy all monsters your opponent controls during the End Phase of this turn.

Mirrorjade soon took his place in the middle of Shiryu's field. Both him and Starving Venom roared at each other.

"So you finally brought out your ace monster.... what a magnificent and powerful dragon it is indeed." Yuri awed and acknowledged with a grin.

"I activate Mirrorjade's effect!" Shiryu said. "By sending one fusion monster that uses Albaz as material, I can banish a face-up monster on the field." he discards a monster. "And the one I choose is your Predaplant Chimerafflesia!"

Ice started to engulf the plant monster until it shattered. Yuri stared indifferently.

"Interesting, and here I thought you would have banished my dragon." Yuri said.

Shiryu said nothing as he stared at Yuri who shrugged.

"Oh well, not like it matters." Yuri said. "Now enter your battle phase so we can finish this game and I can card you already."

"This is bad." Serena said with worry. "Why didn't Shiryu banish Starving Venom?"

"What's the problem?" Ruri asked.

Sure Venom was strong, but Mirrorjade had more attack points and with his other monsters, Shiryu could win.

"Starving Venom has another effect." Serena said. "If destroyed, it will take all of Shiryu's special summoned monsters with it. Plus, he'll take the combine total attack of all the destroyed monsters as damage!"

"Oh no! Then that means!" Ruri gasped in realization.

Rin hasn't said anything yet, still looking at Ecclesia.

'I'm sure of it.' Rin thought. 'That monster is a...'

"Who said I was finished, Yuri?" Shiryu asked.

Yuri looked at him as he blinked.

"What more can you do?" he asked. "You have no cards in your hand."

"True, I have no cards in my hand." Shiryu admitted. "But I do have monsters on my field."

He then raised his left hand towards the left side of his field where Ecclesia and Kitt were standing.

(Are you girls ready?) Shiryu asked.

Both Spirits looked and nodded at him. Taking a deep breath and spoke.

"I tune..." Shiryu started to say that made the eyes of Serena, Ruri, Rin and even Yuri widen in shock. "My Level 4 Incredible Ecclesia, the Virtuous with my Level 4 Springans Kitt!"

The two mentioned monsters jumped into the air. Ecclesia turned into four green rings that went around Kitt, who turned into four stars. Then a blast of green energy bursted from it. 

"I knew it!" Rin exclaimed. "I knew that was a tuner monster!"

"I Synchro Summon!" Shiryu announced. "Soar high throughout the cosmos Level 8: Stardust Dragon!"

Stardust Dragon

Star: 8

Atk/Def: 2500/2000

1 Tuner (plus) 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

You can Tribute this card to negate the activation of a Spell Card, Trap Card, or Effect Monster's effect that destroys a card(s) on the field and destroy that card. If you negate an effect this way, you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard during the End Phase.

Descending on the left side of Mirrorjade was the ace monster of the hero of the 5Ds universe. Sparkles feel from its wings as it gave a majestic cry to single its appearance.

The girls looked the dragon in awe.

"It's so pretty." Ruri whispered in awe.

"I've never seen anything like it before." Serena whispered.

"When I look at it, I get the feeling of safety." Rin admitted.

Yuri was, for the first time in his life, speechless. He had never seen such a monster before. He didn't even know Shiryu could use other summoning methods. Not even the Professor knew!

Then they saw Shiryu lift his right hand towards the two revived fusion dragons on the right side of his field.

Seeing this Ruri immediately remembered what their levels were.

"No way..." Ruri said. "Is he about to..."

As if to answer her question, Shiryu began to speak.

"I take my Level 8 Masquerade the Blazing Dragon and Level 8 Lubellions the Searing Dragon..." Shiryu began to say as Masquerade and Lubellions started to glow purple. "And build the Overlay Network!"

The two dragons turned into orbs of purple light due to being Dark type monsters and flew up into the air. On the ground a black and gold vortex appeared. The orbs flew into it and exploded.

"I Xyz Summon!" Shiryu yelled. "Come forth! Rank 8: Dingirsu, The Orcust of the Evening Star!"

Dingirsu, The Orcust of the Evening Star

2 level 8 Monsters

Star: 8

Atk/Def: 2600/2100

You can only Special Summon "Dingirsu, the Orcust of the Evening Star(s)" once per turn. 

 If a card(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can detach 1 material from this card instead. If this card is Special Summoned: You can activate 1 of these effects;
��Send 1 card your opponent controls to the GY.
��Attach 1 of your banished Machine monsters to this card as material.

Now appearing on Mirrorjad's right side was a Xyz monster that was yellow with various equipment all over it, seemingly familiar to that of a knight.

"An...Xyz...monster?" Serena slowly said in shock.

Over to Yuri, he was just staring at the three extra deck monsters with his jaw slightly open. Until he started to chuckle.

"He...hehehe..." Yuri chuckled which became a fit of laughter. "HehehahahaHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

He kept going until he spoke.

"I knew it!" Yuri exclaimed. "I knew you were holding back your true power, but to be keeping something like this a secret?! Now I'm not sure if I want to card you or not, Shiryu!"

"This isn't about showing my true power." Shiryu said. "I just don't have a reason to keep hiding anymore."

"Hiding?" Yuri asked.

"That's right." Shiryu confirmed. "I know the Prof... no Leo Akaba is watching this duel." 

"It's a good thing he is, because I have a message for him."

"And that is?" Yuri raised an eyebrow.

"That message is..." Shiryu began.

"The light that was trapped in the dragon of darkness has returned, Leo!" Shiryu announced.

"I activate Dingirsu's Effect!" Shiryu says as Dingirsu, The Orcust of the Evening Star gathers energy in it's lance.

"By detaching one overlay unit (detatches Sprigan's Kit) it can send one card my opponent controls to the graveyard and I choose Starving Venom Fusion Dragon!" Shiryu yells as Dingirsu slashes Starving Venom Fusion Dragon in it's holy aura and sends it to the graveyard.

"What?" Yuri was caught off guard by Shiryu's maneuver.

"Consider this payback for all the pain and suffering that you and the rest of this school inflicted on the citizens of the Xyz Dimension!" Shiryu shouted at Yuri.

Ruri widened her eyes, now finally understanding what kind of person Shiryu really is. 

"This... can't be..." Yuri whispered in disbelief.

"You're right about one thing Yuri." Shiryu said. "It is over...for you! Since Starving Venom was not destroyed but sent to the graveyard it can't activate it's destruction effect! 

Mirrojade, attack Yuri directly! Primordial Ice Stream of Destruction!"

Mirrojade roared as his iceblades shot freezing beams of energy at Yuri, knocking him back. He didn't make a single sound, still trying to understand what's happening.

(I......I was....defeated?.....Hehehaha..HAHAHAHAHAHA!) 

Yuri LP: 2000 – 0

Winner: Shiryu

Shiryu took a knee and pants. That was one of the toughest duels he had ever won. Although it being Yuri, it shouldn't be a surprise. Shiryu heard footsteps coming towards him. Looking up he saw the sisters running to him with looks of worry on their faces.

"Shiryu!" Rin called.

"Are you okay?" Ruri asked.

"You nearly gave us heart attacks you jerk!" Serena scowled him as she hugged him.

"I'm fine girls." Shiryu said. "Just a bit tired. I have dueled three times already today and running everywhere didn't help."

While the first and second duel was easy, Yuri was like a mini boss at the beginning of a video game.

"Shiryu?" Rin asked getting his and her sisters' attention. "Why do you look like Yuri?"

This was a fact that Serena and Ruri had just realized and wanted to know as well.

"Now that you mention it, you guys look extremely identical....why?" Serena asked dumbfounded.

"Wait why are you surprised?" Ruri asked. "You've been with him the longest. Shouldn't you have realized this?"

"Because I never noticed it until now!!!" Serena defended herself. "How is that my fault?!"

"How have you never noticed? They practically look identical!" Rin reasoned

Ruri giggled at them arguing.

"I promise to tell you everything I know." Shiryu said getting their attention as he stood up. "But for now, lets get the hell out of this Dimension, agreed?"

"Yeah/Yup/Hell yeah!" the three said in agreement.

They made their way to the gate except luck was not on their side.

"There they are!" a voice yelled.

The group turns around to see an army of students running at them.

"Stop the traitor!"

"Recapture the girls!"

"Shit!" Shiryu swore as he quickly began tapping on his duel disk. "Leo must have told them all what was happening just before Yuri lost! Run for the gate!"

"Don't got to tell us twice!" Serena said as they ran while Shiryu brought up the rear.

They were getting closer to it but didn't seem like it was coming on.

"Shiryu?!" Rin yelled.

"Hurry!" Ruri urged him.

"Almost got it!" Shiryu responded.

Just as they got a few feet from it did it activate.

"Jump for it!" Shiryu ordered them.

And jump they did. Headfirst into the swirling bluish-green vortex. Shiryu didn't have time to set an exact destination, but he did make sure they would land together wherever they went.

-to be continued 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

288 1 29
Welcome to the one year anniversary of my Zarc-V books series!!! Declan Akaba has arranged the celebration events along with a tournament for the boo...
477 185 88
Riku Fumiya, a 17 year old boy in high school. He's a loner, a geek, and somewhat of an otaku, and is bullied in school for it, just as any other kid...
571 15 15
Duelist Kingdom is won and everyone is safe once more. Joey is able to help his sister and save her sight. Upon helping Serenity, Joey meets her frie...
30 0 18
The darkness of the human heart survives death. Set in the 1700s, In an alternate history, fantasy version of Earth. The Ayakashi has run rampant acr...