The Lost Daughter

By DisasterChild20

Matilda Jocelyn Mikaelson, the adopted daughter of Kol Mikaelson. When she was born, her mother abandoned he... More

Prologue
Season One
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eleven

292 7 3
By DisasterChild20

Matilda joins her Aunt and Hayley as they look through several old chest of clothes, searching for a Casket Girls Festival outfit "So the witch is missing, huh?" Hayley asks. "Walked right out of the front door, apparently. Know anything about it?" Rebekah asks. "No, although I did tell her that the witch Elders were dead." Hayley responds. Matilda nods "Well, why would she care, when the witches tried to kill her in their ritual?" Rebekah asks. "I think it's more that Marcel didn't tell her that the one thing preventing her from being free had been eliminated." her niece tells her. "So you are the reason she's run off." Rebekah tells Hayley. "Hey, I was just telling her the truth. She's the one who realized they were just using her to keep their control over the witches." she responds. "Yeah well, I've never been a fan of the boys club. Just wait, Elijah will join them and the three of them will be impossible." Rebekah tells her. "Neither, well, mainly Marcel." Matilda nods. "Used by the witches, lied to by Marcel, manipulated by Elijah, threatened by Klaus. Just like a modern-day Casket Girl." Rebekah remarks. "Are you talking about Davina or yourself?" Hayley asks. "Does it matter? Either way, us girls have got to stick together." Rebekah responds.

Matilda kicks a chest as she struggles to find her dress "What did the chest do to you?" Hayley asks her. "I can't find my dress." she tells her. "It's a dress, Tilly, use another one." Rebekah tells her. "I can't, this dress... It's the dress I was gong to wear when I got married to..." Matilda trails off. "Richard." Rebekah realises. Matilda nods "Richard?" Hayley asks. "Matilda's fiancé from 1892, the only man Kol, Elijah, Nik and Marcel approved of. Unfortunately, he was killed a few months before the wedding by a rouge nightwalker." Rebekah explains. "I wanted to wear the dress tonight as I never got to wear it." Matilda explains. "We'll find it." Hayley promises. Matilda nods "Okay." she responds, heading up to her room. Lying on her bed, Matilda sits up when Klaus walks in "I was told you were looking for this." he tells her, holding up a dress bag. "You found it." she says. "It was in the attic." he nods. Matilda smiles and takes it, hanging it up and opening the dress bag "You're going to be the best dressed tonight." Klaus tells her. "Thank you for finding it Uncle Nik." Matilda tells him, hugging him. Klaus smiles and kisses her head "Get dressed, I'll see you downstairs." he tells her.

Matilda groans as she gets Rebekah toe tighten her corset "God, I do not miss corsets." she tells her Aunt. "Neither do I." Rebekah tells her, tying her corset for her. Matilda pulls on the rest of the dress and slides her heels on, Rebekah smiles at her "You beautiful, Tilly." she tells her. "Thanks Aunt Bekah." Matilda smiles. Walking downstairs Matilda is greeted by Klaus, who smiles at her "You look gorgeous, Little One." he tells her. "Thanks Uncle Nik. Come on, let's go." she tells him, taking his arm. As they head down the street, they find Elijah and Marcel "Ah, you two look rather cozy." Klaus remarks. "Hardly. I was just telling Elijah how we're wasting time." Marcel tells him. "You don't like festivals?" Klaus asks. Rebekah appears and joins them "I don't see why not. Who doesn't love a street fair?" she asks. "Sister, come to help us find our stray?" Klaus asks her. "We can't let your secret weapon get in the wrong hands, can we?" Rebekah tells him. Matilda rolls her eyes "She's a scared teen, not a weapon." she tells them. "Go and enjoy the festival, Little One. Have fun tonight, go find Gino and Niah." Klaus tells her. Matilda gives him a look "You deserve a night to just be happy, Ilda. You've been spending all your free time in finding a way to get Kol back, you need some stress free time." he tells her. Matilda nods "Okay, call me if you need me." she tells him, beginning to walk away. "Matilda, you look beautiful. Richard would have loved your dress." Elijah tells her. "Thank you Uncle Elijah." Matilda tells him.

Gino smiles as Matilda walks over to him, Van and Niah "Wow, you look a vision of beauty, Principessa." he tells her. "Thank you, Handsome." Matilda smiles, kissing him. "Mama, look. Van and I have pretty dresses too, Gino bought them for us." Niah smiles. "Very pretty, Baby." Matilda tells her with a smile, picking her up and kissing her head. "Come on, let's go and explore." Gino tells the three of them. Niah smiles and holds Gino and Matilda's hands as they walk through the festivities.

After a while, Matilda heads back to the compound to get Niah a jumper. Walking in she finds Davina attacking Klaus, Elijah and Marcel "You pretend to be so confident, but I know the truth. You're afraid everyone can see what you really are-- an animal. A beast. Why don't you show us your real face? That's enough of you." she tells Klaus, causing him to partly shift before breaking his neck. "Davina, you don't have to do this." Elijah tells her. "You! You looked me in the eyes and lied to my face. Pretended you wanted to help me." Davina tells him. "Listen to me--" he starts. "You call yourself the noble one, but you're a killer just like your brother. For 1,000 years, you've fed on innocent blood. Why don't you choke on it?" Davina cuts him off, making him choke on blood til he passes out. "And you! I trusted you. I loved you, but you were just using me to stay in power. You don't care about me." Davina tells Marcel. "You're wrong." Marcel tells her. "When you lost to Klaus, you handed me over like some trophy. Maybe I should boil you in bronze." Davina glares. "Vina, hey, calm down. Come on-" Matilda starts. "No, you just want to use me to get your Dad back!" the teen interrupts her. "No I don't, I want to help you. I've been searching myself, I haven't asked anything of you." Matilda tries. "I care. I took you in like you were my own blood." Marcel adds. Rebekah suddenly appears and stabs Marcel and Matilda through the chest with a wrought-iron poker, Matilda looking down to see blood ruining her dress as she fall unconscious.

Matilda coughs as Klaus removes the poker for her "Easy, Ilda." he tells her, helping her sit up. Looking at her dress, Matilda feels tears pool in her eyes "She knows how much this dress means to me." she whimpers, tears beginning to fall. Klaus holds her close, kissing her head "I know." he tells her, pulling out her phone and calling Rebekah "Rebekah, where are you?" he asks. "I'm with Davina, and she's dying because of your treachery." she responds. "Well, I tried to talk to her, out of respect for Marcel, but she made it quite clear she is not our friend. My apologies if you thought she was yours." Klaus tells her. "Just tell me how to cure her. Vampire blood isn't working." Rebekah tells him. "No. It wouldn't. You see, the poison I compelled Timothy to feed her is quite potent. It's just a matter of time for her." Klaus responds. 'For both of them, you diabolical bastard. They're children. We could've dealt with her fairly." Rebekah tells him. "There is no dealing with those who threaten us. Davina sealed her fate when she stood against me. This was her choice, not mine." Klaus says, hanging up. Matilda looks at him in anger, Elijah and Marcel doing the same "Oh, come on. The stench of your judgment is overwhelming. Need I remind you that Davina just bested the lot of us? I did what had to be done. Don't worry, Elijah. I remain as redeemable as ever." Klaus says. "So you compelled that boy to poison Davina without consulting Marcel or myself." Elijah tells him.

"You know what the worst part is? It's that you're so predictable, I had to make an alliance with your brother, who I don't even like." Marcel adds. "Judging by your expression, you have something you'd like to share." Klaus tells him. "Damn straight, I do. I got a call from Kieran earlier, right after Sabine and some witches almost got their hands on Davina first." Marcel explains. "So, when you slipped away to allegedly check on your nightwalkers, you were, in fact, colluding with a witch. That's very clever. I suppose I should be proud." Klaus tells him. "Eh, I just wanted to make sure I had a fail-safe just in case, as Elijah expected, you started acting like you." Marcel responds. "Except that now you've involved the witches, who, last time I checked, were enemy to us all, to everything we have, and to our family." Klaus says. "Davina is Marcel's family, Niklaus, or did that somehow slip your mind as you tried to take her life? You will call Rebekah. You'll tell her that Davina will recover. I do wish the same could be said for that boy." Elijah tells his brother. Matilda stands and looks at Klaus, anger in her eyes "Ilda, I didn't want you involved. I just wanted you to have one normal night with Gino and Niah." he tells her. Matilda sighs but nods "Just, think before you go round killing teenagers." she tells him, her anger at him fading as she looks at her ruined dress. Klaus takes her hand "We can get it fixed." he tells her. Matilda shakes her head "It's ruined. Rebekah ruined the only thing of Richard I have left." she responds, walking upstairs to get changed. "What about the ring?" Klaus asks. "Mikael took it when he came, threw it in the fire." Matilda responds.

Later that evening Matilda sits in her art room, painting her emotions as Rebekah walks in "Tilly-" she starts. "Go away Rebekah. I don't want to see you right now." Matilda interrupts. "I had to get Davina to trust me." Rebekah tells her. "By destroying the one thing I had left of Richard." Matilda retorts. "If I knew-" Rebekah tries. "Just go away. I don't want you here." Matilda cuts her off. "Sister, you should leave her be.." Elijah tells Rebekah, walking in. "Elijah-" Rebekah starts. "Not now, Rebekah. She needs time." Elijah says. Rebekah nods and leaves the room "If Niah somewhere safe?" Elijah asks. "She's spending the night with Gino and Van at Gino's house." Matilda responds. Elijah nods "You know where we are if you need anything." he tells his niece, leaving her to her paintings. Matilda looks at her painting, beginning to stab it with the end of her paintbrush. Klaus stands in the doorway, watching before going over and holding her as she screams and cries in his arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 55 20
In the beginning their family was human. Over a thousand years ago they were just like everyone else, a family trying to survive when it was difficul...
200K 4.4K 57
𝐊𝐨𝐥 𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐱 𝐎𝐂 I am 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐫. I am known as The Devil by humans. I don't mind. Punishing the bad is my duty. If I am deemed...
173K 4.7K 57
Juliette Mikaelson was different than all of her siblings. She was a vampire like them but she also was a siphoner. When she was a human, her father...
117K 1.9K 18
hailee gilbert the middle child that is always over looked. kol Mikaelson the wildest and blood thirsty Mikaelson. hailee was in the car when her p...