Chapter Five

Matilda smiles as she Marcel talks to her in the church "So, you want to introduce to Davina so I can protect her?" she asks

Matilda smiles as she Marcel talks to her in the church "So, you want to introduce to Davina so I can protect her?" she asks. "Mattie, she just wants to be a normal girl for a night." Marcel tells her. "Fine but I have a date with Gino so he will be there too." Matilda tells him. "Okay, fair enough." he nods. "Good, now, I have to meet her. Where is she?" Matilda asks. "Come on." Marcel nods, leading her upstairs "D, I have someone to introduce you to." he says. A sixteen year old brunette walks over with a shy smile "Davina, this is my cousin, Matilda." Marcel tells the teen with a smile. "You are beautiful, Davina. Marcel out, I need to help her get ready for our night out." Matilda smiles. "Okay, I'm going. I'll see you later, I'm going to make sure everything is sorted for tonight." Marcel nods. "Mhm, go. I think Davina deserves a girls day, don't you?" Matilda tells him, sending Davina a wink and making her giggle. "I'm gone, I'm gone." Marcel chuckles, putting his hands up in defence as he leaves. "Now, you want me to do your make up?" Matilda asks Davina with a smile. "I don't have any." Davina admits. "Well, that has to be rectified." Matilda smiles, waving her hand. A bag of make up appears, Davina smiling "How did you do that?" she asks. "Simple teleportation spell. This is the bag of make up I don't really use, you can keep it if you'd like." she responds with a smile. Davina smiles and starts looking through the bag of make up "Th-This is all really expensive." she says. "Eh, consider it a present." Matilda tells her.

As night falls, Matilda smiles as she walks down Dauphine Street with Davina. Someone covers her eyes making her smile "Guess who?" Gino asks her. "Hm, a handsome, blue eyed, half Italian man?" Matilda asks with a smile. Gino uncovers her eyes, Matilda turning to face him "Evening Principessa." he smiles. "Evening Handsome." she smiles "Davina, this is Gino. Gino, this is Davina. The girl I told you about, I promised to keep an eye out for her tonight." Matilda introduces them. "Pleasure to meet you." Gino smiles. "You too." Davina smiles, looking excitedly round. "Come on, we told Marcel that we'd meet him at Rousseau's." Matilda tells her, Davina nodding and following them to the bar. They walk in to find it teeming with people both drinking and listening to the brass band playing "So, is it everything you hoped for?" Marcel asks the teen. Davina nods excitedly as she giggles "Yeah!" she responds. "So, we should probably go over the rules." Marcel tells the teen. Matilda rolls her eyes slightly as Davina sighs "I won't talk to anyone about anything. I won't say anything about witches, or vampires, or Originals, or you... You said you weren't going to hover!" Davina responds. Marcel shakes his head "Okay, I'm gone." he tells her. "I'll keep an eye on her, Marcel. Go, let her been a teen for the night." Matilda tells him. Marcel nods and leaves "Thank you." Davina tells Matilda. "No problem, Gino and I will be over here if you need anything." Matilda responds with a smile.

Matilda smiles as they watch a boy, the same age as Davina, play the fiddle on stage. Seeing Marcel talking to Cami, she starts listening in "It's good to see you. I was worried you thought I was some hothead after that display at the Masquerade." Marcel tells her. "We all have our hot-headed moments! Anyway, I'm almost done here until clean-up, so the two of us girls can hang out if you need to go shmooze, or whatever." Cami tells Marcel, talking about Davina. Davina leans over to butt into their conversation "You know, he was supposed to stop hovering like, ten minutes ago." she tells her. Matilda smiles "See what I mean? Authority issues! I'll go talk to the mayor-- he actually knows how to show some respect!" Marcel says exasperated, leaving Davina and Cami to talk. "Soooo, what's his name? Hot guy with the fiddle?" Cami asks Davina. "Tim." Davina responds shyly. Matilda walks over, Gino following her "Oooh, boy talk. Spill." she tells the teen. "I knew he would be here, he always performs at these kinda things." Davina explains. "How long have you two known each other?" Cami asks. Since we were ten. I had to leave school, and I didn't get to say goodbye. So, I was just hoping to talk to him tonight." Davina explains as the band finishes playing. Matilda smiles as she watches Davina enjoy herself, Gino putting his arm round her. Matilda puts her head on his shoulder, leaning into him "Enjoying yourself?" Gina asks. "Very much so." she responds, smiling at him.

After a while, Tim comes off the stage making them look for him "Well, he couldn't have gone far, he just got off-stage a minute ago!" Camille tells Davina. Davina sighs and blinks tears from her eyes "It doesn't matter, this was a stupid idea anyway." she says. "No, it wasn't! Davina–" Cami starts. "Just forget it." Davina exclaims, running off. Klaus approaches Cami from behind and hands her a note "Tell her this is from one of the musicians. She'll want to leave, and you're going to want to help her slip out the back exit so Marcel doesn't see. Whatever you do, don't let her out of your sight." he tells her. Cami looks a bit annoyed and goes to say something, not saying anything as Klaus has already left "Wait, Davina! I'll go after her, you two enjoy the rest of your date." Cami says, running out. Matilda smiles and turns to face Gino "So, what's the plan?" she asks. Gino smiles and spins her, leading her to the dance floor. Squealing slightly, Matilda giggles as the two of them start dancing together "Have I told you how beautiful you look? Because you are a true vision of beauty." he tells her. "Such a smooth talker." Matilda smiles. "Only for you, Principessa." Gino smiles. The two of them flick their eyes down to each other's lips, leaning in and gently connecting them. After a few seconds, they pull away with smiles "Wow." Gino tells her. "Wow indeed." Matilda giggles happily.

After a while Klaus arrives and walks over to"There's a problem with Hayley." he tells Matilda. Matilda's eyes widen as she nods "I'm sorry, I have to go. Can we continue this though?" she asks Gino. "Of course, go." Gino nods. Matilda smiles and kissing him "Thank you for understanding." she tells him before leaving with Klaus. "What was that?" Klaus asks. "What?" Matilda asks him. "That kiss." he responds. "Exactly that, it was a kiss." Matilda tells him. "Ilda." Klaus sighs. "Uncle Nik." Matilda responds in the same tone of voice. "Just... be careful. I don't want you to get hurt." he tells her. "I know, I will be. Now, where we heading?" Matilda asks. "The bayou, she was going to see a doctor out there." Klaus responds, Matilda nodding in response.

Walking into the bayou doctors, Matilda and Klaus find Rebekah next to a passed out doctor "Wow! You abandoned your quest for power to help out your family! Having an off day?" Rebekah asks her brother. "Who took her, Rebekah?" Klaus asks calmly. "I don't know." she responds. "What do you mean, you don't know? And who killed her attackers?" Matilda asks, looking round. "I don't know! I had an arrow in my heart. If it wasn't Hayley who killed them, then–" Rebekah starts, being cut off by howling wolves in the distance. Klaus looks at her and raises his eyebrows "Lovely. Maybe her cousins will know where she is." Rebekah remarks. Exiting the building, they find Hayley stumbling towards them with tattered and dirty clothes "Hayley! What happened? Tell me what happened." Klaus asks her as they three of them rush over. "I can't remember." she responds groggily. Klaus checks her over for any sign of hurt "You've completely healed. There's not a scratch on you." he tells her. "One of the perks of being a werewolf, remember?" she tells him. "No, not that fast." Klaus responds. Rebekah runs over to Hayley and wraps a protective arm round her "Leave her alone!" she tells her. "It's the baby. The vampire blood-- Klaus' vampire blood-- in your system. It can heal any wound. Your own child healed you." Matilda tells them in a daze. "Ilda?" Klaus asks her. "Hm? Oh... witches talk on the other side, sometimes I tune in by accident." Matilda explains.

Klaus nods smiles at the thought of his baby healing Hayley "How did you escape? You were outnumbered, unarmed? Those men were ripped to shreds!" Rebekah tells the werewolf. "I think it was the wolf. I think it's trying to protect me." Hayley explains. "The witches were supposed to protect you! When I get my hands on Sophie Deveraux-" Klaus starts. "It wasn't Sophie. It was Agnes." Hayley cuts him off. "Fine! Agnes, Sophie, it's all the same to me! I'll slaughter the lot of them!" Klaus decides. "Not if Elijah gets there first." Rebekah points out. "Elijah? Did you find him?" Hayley asks. "He's been in touch, and he has a plan. All he asks is that we take care of you and Matilda." Rebekah explains. "Don't need taking care of." Matilda mutter, her Aunt and Uncle both giving her a look. "Hey, so... can we go home now? I'd really like to sleep for a few days..." Hayley tells them, standing up. Klaus nods with a smile, Hayley stumbling as she tries to take a step. Immediately Klaus is by her side, scooping her up into his arms "Ooh, I've got you, love. I've got you." he tells her gently as they head back to the car.

That evening, Matilda goes to the church and up to Davina's room "Vina?" she asks softly. "Mattie?" the teen asks. "Hey, sorry I disappeared earlier." Matilda tells her. "It's alright." Davina responds, touching Tim's broken violin sadly. Matilda looks at the wind chimes, using her magic to play the song that Tim had been playing earlier. Davina smiles slightly, the two of them looking up when they hear a floorboard creak. Walking over, Matilda sees Elijah's coffin "Of course." she mumbles. "It's all right, Davina. I don't mean you any harm, though I do think it's time we had a talk." Elijah pipes up, Davina looking shocked before smiling at him. Elijah smiles back at her, suddenly stumbling backwards as Matilda launches herself into his chest. Chuckling, he wraps his arms round her "I'm happy to see you too, Little One." Elijah smiles