Chapter Eleven

Matilda joins her Aunt and Hayley as they look through several old chest of clothes, searching for a Casket Girls Festival outfit "So the witch is missing, huh?" Hayley asks

Matilda joins her Aunt and Hayley as they look through several old chest of clothes, searching for a Casket Girls Festival outfit "So the witch is missing, huh?" Hayley asks. "Walked right out of the front door, apparently. Know anything about it?" Rebekah asks. "No, although I did tell her that the witch Elders were dead." Hayley responds. Matilda nods "Well, why would she care, when the witches tried to kill her in their ritual?" Rebekah asks. "I think it's more that Marcel didn't tell her that the one thing preventing her from being free had been eliminated." her niece tells her. "So you are the reason she's run off." Rebekah tells Hayley. "Hey, I was just telling her the truth. She's the one who realized they were just using her to keep their control over the witches." she responds. "Yeah well, I've never been a fan of the boys club. Just wait, Elijah will join them and the three of them will be impossible." Rebekah tells her. "Neither, well, mainly Marcel." Matilda nods. "Used by the witches, lied to by Marcel, manipulated by Elijah, threatened by Klaus. Just like a modern-day Casket Girl." Rebekah remarks. "Are you talking about Davina or yourself?" Hayley asks. "Does it matter? Either way, us girls have got to stick together." Rebekah responds.

Matilda kicks a chest as she struggles to find her dress "What did the chest do to you?" Hayley asks her. "I can't find my dress." she tells her. "It's a dress, Tilly, use another one." Rebekah tells her. "I can't, this dress... It's the dress I was gong to wear when I got married to..." Matilda trails off. "Richard." Rebekah realises. Matilda nods "Richard?" Hayley asks. "Matilda's fiancé from 1892, the only man Kol, Elijah, Nik and Marcel approved of. Unfortunately, he was killed a few months before the wedding by a rouge nightwalker." Rebekah explains. "I wanted to wear the dress tonight as I never got to wear it." Matilda explains. "We'll find it." Hayley promises. Matilda nods "Okay." she responds, heading up to her room. Lying on her bed, Matilda sits up when Klaus walks in "I was told you were looking for this." he tells her, holding up a dress bag. "You found it." she says. "It was in the attic." he nods. Matilda smiles and takes it, hanging it up and opening the dress bag "You're going to be the best dressed tonight." Klaus tells her. "Thank you for finding it Uncle Nik." Matilda tells him, hugging him. Klaus smiles and kisses her head "Get dressed, I'll see you downstairs." he tells her.

" he tells her