𝐈𝐧 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞�...

Por _oleev_

It was supposed to be a mid-year getaway for influential teenagers or children of rich parents from all parts... Más

WELCOME!
𝐈𝐧 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐃𝐚𝐲𝐬
FEMALE CHARACTERS ✨
MALE CHARACTERS ✨
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
A/N
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE

151 18 5
Por _oleev_

FORTY-FIVE

MAIA

I huffed, panting and trying to catch my breath after my assault on the gym's kickboxing dummy which swayed in a left-right motion, before it finally became still and stood motionless. With a satisfied sigh, I took off my boxing gloves and let them fall freely to the ground while I massaged my wrists and fingers to make sure I'd not ended up injuring myself.

"Hi Maia," Zaynab's voice caught me off guard and I could've jumped if I didn't know any better. I turned to face the girl who was dressed in a black two-piece jilbab layered with a sky blue chiffon scarf underneath, which she allowed to fall freely around her neck and face over sky blue dunks. Sincerely, the girl's fashion sense wowed me a lot. I smiled at her, bending to pick up my gloves and towel, and stuff them into my gym bag.

"If you're here to scold me for yesterday, I'm uninterested." I admitted plainly, straightening my self to come face to face with the girl who looked amused at my words. She chuckled a bit, shaking her head.

"Isn't heat killing you?" I had to ask, referring to her outfit. I found it difficult to wear clothes with sleeves on a normal day, huge talk of what she was putting on-and in black for that matter.

"It's raining outside," she shrugged and I smiled at her typical Abuja accent. "Cats and dogs. Since noon."

Oh. I wondered how long I'd been in here, slamming all my emotions into the poor dummy, that I didn't realize it was raining. No wonder I had my complete privacy today. Usually, the trainers would stalk the entrance, "checking on me" every few minutes. I can't lie, it made me feel like a celebrity and I low-key enjoyed it.

"I'm assuming you brought an umbrella, then?" I asked and she nodded. I sensed she wanted to tell me something, and I wanted to get out of the gym so the fact that she was just looking at me with a small smile not only weirded me out, it annoyed me.

"About yesterday, eh," she started, making me sigh internally and wish I'd left the gym before she arrived. "I just thought it was nice of you to show everyone the kind of person Larisa is."

I did a double take in shock, wondering if I'd heard her correctly. Finally, someone got it. I turned to her beaming, happy that she was the one who understood that what I did wasn't wrong. Chimdindu had lectured me after the whole incident, and oh, was I bored. Marina hadn't even spoken to me since then, not like I cared anyway. He would come around, just like he always did. They just didn't get it. I did what needed to be done. The fake ass needed to be exposed.

And who am I not to do the Lord's work?

"Oh, Zaynab! Finally!" I exclaimed, taking hold of her shoulders and giving her a gentle shake. "You understand! You're the only person who understands that that girl deserves to be known for what she truly is—a horny idiot."

Zaynab laughed at my remark, while I bent to pick my things so we could leave the gym and maybe get lunch or something. Checking my phone, I realized the time was fifteen minutes after three. Lunch was served over two hours ago; they were probably done by now. I sighed as I straightened, thinking of what to do. The tuck shop would probably be closed because of the rain.

"How's Maina?" Zaynab asked, alerting me again of her presence in the room. I turned to look at her curiously, and she stared at me with that little smile she'd had on since she got here.

God, is this girl a robot or a psychopath?

"Maina? He's good." I shrugged, deciding to bait her by offering vague information, when I knew she wanted to hear something specific. Something I didn't understand.

"So, did he just decide to stay in the hostel throughout today?" she asked again, and I smirked, knowing she'd caught bait. I turned to her with a frown and for a moment she looked shocked. The shock was easily replaced with her signature little smile in less than a second though.

"Come," I side-eyed her, offering a teasing smile. "Do you like my brother? I hope you know the boy's completely smitten with Iris. Don't get yourself hurt oh, just find someone else to crush on."

I noticed something spark in her eyes at my advice, and she pursed her lips for a few seconds, as though pondering what to say next, before finally, shaking her head with a sigh.

"That girl is just using your brother, Maia." she sighed, face-palming. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion while looking at her, trying to make sense of what she was saying. An international top model using my brother?

For what, abeg? Shouldn't it be the other way round?

"Apparently, only Sebastian and I aren't blinded by all the glamour. Do you even know she's pregnant? Her boyfriend has already dumped her, next step is to pin it on Maina. Open your eyes, sisterly."

I opened my mouth and closed it back a few times as no words seemed to form. I was really confused. Iris was really pregnant? Yeah, I'd seen it on one blog earlier today but everyone knows you can't trust Instagram blogs to be authentic in their stories. Did Maina know she was pregnant?

Zaynab mentioned Dindu. He was by far the wisest of us all. If he saw beyond Iris's facade, Zaynab was probably right.

Who did that girl think she was to set my brother up like this?

There was absolutely no way in the world I was going to have it. I decided not to press the matter any further with Zaynab, figuring I'd have to be the one to drop my pride and approach my brother this time around. This was a matter of our family's integrity for goodness's sake.

I sighed, looking for a way to change the topic and began walking towards the exit.

"Do you like sports? Like, do you play any?" I asked when she fell into step right next to me. She shook her head with a smile.

"No, only crochet and craft." she admitted. "Papier maché kinda craft, actually."

I nodded as the creative wheels in my brain started to turn. I was getting an idea for my next YouTube video and I was already getting excited.

"So, you must be able to paint too, shey?" I asked.

"Yeah, just enough to make my papier maché look good."

I grinned. This was a perfect idea and a perfect opportunity.

"Would you like to be part of my next YouTube video?" I had to ask out of courtesy, and to my surprise, she said she'd be thrilled to and asked what it's going to be about.

"I'm just going to see if I can get access to the fine arts room, then we could do a Sip N' Paint, papier maché version. Think about how amazing that's going to be. Everyone's going to want to do what we'll do in that video." I smiled triumphantly at my amazing idea. "Maybe, I'll ask Maina to join us too."

"I can't wait!" Zaynab squealed, smiling over excitedly.

"You know, it's nice having my agemate around me for a change. You get me." I had to admit to Zaynab and she smiled, agreeing wholeheartedly with me as we exited the gym, and I returned my access card to the receptionist. The rain had gone down by a notch, now drizzling only a little, thank God.

Now, I had to find food, talk to Maina, and then burn some cash to get access to the Fine Arts room.

Believe me, this update has been ready since January 15. I really just don't know what was holding me from updating. See me that wants to finish this book by April.

God help me Sha.

And I'm sorry guys, I'm in school now, everything's been hectic, the new environment and all, I'm just trying to balance everything out.

Anyway, bye!✨

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

12.7K 2.3K 53
ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴏɴᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ sᴇʀɪᴇs(sᴛs) "𝑈𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑙 𝑤𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑓𝑢𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑓𝑟𝑒𝑒, 𝑤𝑒 𝑝𝑢𝑡 𝑢𝑝 𝑎 𝑓𝑎𝑙𝑠𝑒 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑡, 𝑎 𝑓𝑎𝑐𝑎𝑑𝑒...
4.7K 870 28
Yasmine is a star girl, with plans for the future, good grades and a boyfriend to top it up but how can she survive when her enemies are her family...
4.6K 711 19
After being rejected by her high school crush, Jumoke decides to leave her past behind and focus more on being a working woman. But when fate decides...
5K 1.2K 12
FEATURED in @AmbassadorsNG reading list Kamharida heard the unfortunate news and smirked but when she realizes she's the only one who could see the b...