Mate or Not: You're Mine |Tae...

By myleskv

On his 18th birthday Taehyung, a pureblooded male omega was rejected by his true mate and mated his alpha sis... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue
ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter 16

10.6K 412 15
By myleskv

Taehyung just wants to be loved. Is it too much to ask? Is he not worthy to have someone he can call his? Looking at the moon through the window he can't help but question the moon goddess-why life has never been kind to him?

He is an obedient son and a good brother, but his family treated him like dirt and later like some goods to make money from. He remains pure for his mate but Junsik ruthlessly rejected him.

He thought when head alpha Jungkook asked to court him, he would finally have someone he can call his, he would have someone who will love him. But what happened at the dinner hall proves him wrong. He never thought the alpha could do this to him. His tears are now streaming down his cheeks.

He hears a knock on the door. He wipes his tears with his palm and goes to open the door. He thought it was Hoseok, but when he heard the voice of the person outside, it was Jungkook.

"Taehyung, please open the door. Let me explain." The alpha begged with a broken voice.

Taehyung opens the door with a heavy heart and allows the alpha to come inside. When Jungkook sees his mate's face, both he and his wolf are devastated. He caused this-the sadness, the tears, and the pain that marred his omega's beautiful face. Jungkook feels like his heart is breaking into millions of pieces. His chest tightens and he tries to swallow the lump in his throat.

Taehyung throws a forlorn gaze at Jungkook. "Before you say anything head alpha, let me ask you. Did you or did you not tell omega Soyeon that you're cancelling your mating agreement?"

"Taehyung I-" Jungkook wants to bury himself. He disappointed his mate. His wolf is howling and whimpering inside him. Are they going to lose their mate because of his mistake?

"Please be honest with me." Taehyung tries again. His voice cracks and tears well up in his eyes as he speaks.

"I did not, not yet." Jungkook utters and loudly sobs. He's too ashamed to meet his mate's eyes.

"It's not the kiss that hurts me, head alpha. It is knowing that omega Soyeon did that because you made her think that you still belong to her."

"Taehyung I-i'm never hers and I will never be hers. I'm yours, only yours, please I beg you... please let me redeem myself to you. Give me another chance." Jungkook pleaded while his orbs are drenched with tears. "I am supposed to tell Soyeon and the council of elders that I'm cancelling my mating agreement with her at the council meeting. Believe me, I didn't invite Soyeon at the dinner, she just came and suddenly kissed me. I would never betray you, I swear."

Taehyung averts his gaze, he can't look at the head alpha's tear-stricken face, but he has to do this. So with a heavy heart, he met the alpha's teary eyes. "Head alpha, I believe you. I believe that you won't betray me, but I think we rushed this courtship between us. Let us give each other some space."

Taehyung turns around and leaves for his room. He shuts his door leaving Jungkook alone in the living room. Jungkook falls on his knees. His both hands are covering his face as he wails like a child. He's too scared at the thought of losing Taehyung. Is he going to part with his mate for the second time?

Jungkook leaves Hoseok's cabin with heavy steps. He badly wants to tell Taehyung that he is his mate, but he knows it will be in vain. Taehyung won't believe him because his wolf doesn't feel their bond. Taehyung's wolf doesn't recognize them as its mate.

Jungkook feels dejected as he goes inside his office and stays there till morning.

"Taetae, are you alright?" Hoseok asked when he noticed that Taehyung isn't touching his breakfast. His eyes are puffy and red from crying all night. Hoseok rubs his back gently. "Don't worry Taetae, hyung is here."

Taehyung hugs him tight. "Thank you, Hoseok hyung. Don't worry about me. I will be okay, just give me a few days."

"What if you assist me at the pack clinic?" Hoseok suggested to make Taehyung busy with other things instead of moping around the house and feeling miserable.

Taehyung face lights up a bit. "Can I really do that?"

"Of course, you also have a knowledge about herbal medicine since I taught you about them when we were at Harvest Moon." Hoseok ruffles his hair.

"Can I start today, hyung?" Taehyung eagerly asked.

"Yes, Taetae. Eat your breakfast first then change. I will wait for you." Hoseok answered.

Jungkook enters the meeting hall. His hyungs, the elders as well as Soyeon's father are already there. Jungkook sits on his chair. He looks at the members of the council with a stern face. 

"Head alpha, last night you hurt my daughter. I'm disappointed in you. How dare you hurt Soyeon, your future mate!" Soyeon's father angrily muttered.

Jungkook suddenly hits the table. Everyone gasps in shock. They knew the head alpha has quite a temper, but today he seems very furious.

" Your daughter kissed me without my permission!" Jungkook growled in a deep, booming voice.

"Why does she have to ask permission, she's going to be your mate?!" Soyeon's father answered back.

Jungkook's eyes flash gold for a second. His wolf wants to take over. "Enough! I will not mate Soyeon. I'm cancelling our mating ceremony!" He roared in a thundering voice.

The elders are taken aback. Soyeon's father is seething in anger. He wants the next heir of Blood Moon to come from their bloodline. He wants the power, wealth and prestige that come with it. That is the reason why he keeps on pushing Soyeon to the head alpha, but his plan is failing.

"Is there a valid reason why you're cancelling the mating ceremony?" An elder nervously inquired.

"What Soyeon did last night is valid enough. My wolf despises her! Now leave all of you!" The head alpha furiously pointed at the elders.

The elders leave the meeting hall as they murmur among themselves. As soon as they were gone, Jimin immediately runs to his brother to comfort him.

"Jimin hyung, please help me. I don't want to lose him, too." The true blood breaks down. He hugs his Jimin hyung to seek solace in his warmth. "I don't want to lose my true mate."

His other hyungs eyes widens at the trueblood's revelation. "What are you saying Jungkook, your true mate is already dead? How come you have another mate?" Seokjin asked with a confused expression.

"Taehyung is my mate. My wolf feels our bond. We are enticed by his scent."

Yoongi suddenly hits with a realization. "That's why your wolf ran from your mating ceremony and saved him. It felt that its mate was in danger! But how is it possible that you have a second mate?!"

"More like a 'second chance' mate" Namjoon corrected Yoongi. "You see, my grandma told me stories that the moon goddess blesses a few wolves who are rare and worthy enough of a second chance mate. Since Jungkook is a rare true blood alpha and he's a great leader to his pack, the moon goddess blessed him with another mate."

"But why is Taehyung's wolf can't recognize Kook and his wolf as its mate?" Jimin asked. His attention is now on Namjoon.

"Because when they were rejected, Taehyung and his wolf were deeply hurt. His wolf shut down the emotion that feels for their mate to shield itself and Taehyung from further emotional pain that their ex-mate could inflict on them. Now, that they are given another mate, that is you Jungkook, Taehyung's wolf is unintentionally blocking its feelings for you and your wolf." Namjoon explained in simple words.

Jungkook raises his head and looks at Namjoon with hopeful eyes. "Hyung, how can my wolf and I reach out to Taehyung's wolf? Is there a way?"

Namjoon sadly shakes his head. "I don't know Jungkook. But I will search the whole library to find answers."

With that, Jungkook feels helpless. Will he ever be with his true mate? Or will their love story end before it even begins?

🐾🐰🐯🐾

Who else would have answers to some of our intriguing questions about our fave mates? It's Namjoonie, of course. But sadly, he doesn't have the answer to the most important mystery, how will Jungkook and his wolf reach out to Taehyung's wolf for it to feel their bond? 💫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

478K 12.1K 122
Park Eunji is a makeup and hair stylist from Daegu and now she's been hired by Big Hit Entertainment to take care of the boy band BTS. When she meets...
69.8K 4.9K 63
šŠš¢š¦ šššš¦š£šØšØš§ š¢š¬ šš š§šØš›š„šž š”šžš¢š« š°š”š¢š„šž šŠš¢š¦ š’šžšØš¤š£š¢š§ š¢š¬ ššš§ šŽš¦šžš šš š©š«š¢š§šœšž, š¬šžšœšØš§š š¢š§ š„š¢š§šž š­šØ...
209K 8.6K 40
"I want you." With a touch as light as a feather, Cillian hooked a thick finger under her chin to get a better look at her face. "Look at me." Slowly...
428K 18.9K 57
Taehyung is a handsome omega who has been prostituting himself since the age of fifteen to pay off the debts of his father, who has fled. Having give...