~Stars~

By MayaLeafly

Drarry-some smut-mostly fluff-some angst Don't hate, if you don't like this stuff please leave No friend bash... More

8th Year
Hogwarts Again
Sharing Dorms
Time Flies
New Couch (18+)
Changing Scenes
Fantasy~
Fête des Fées
Lily Pads

Candlelight

265 11 22
By MayaLeafly

Hey guys! So usually when I write it reflects my feelings or longing in more than one way, so certain chapters may have more feeling than others. This one will be longer, but I think you'll really like it! Please enjoy!! ^.^

When Harry awoke the next day he felt good. Good in a way he hadn't felt in a very long time. It was strange really. He never got much sleep, unless he was with Draco, but even then he never felt this refreshed. He reached his arms up and stretched, his pajama top rising with his shoulders.

Harry reached for his wand beside him and casting a Tempus charm proceeded to tumble out of the bed. His wand told him that it was 1:20 in the afternoon.

Jumping up he pulled the covers on Draco's bed up to the pillows before sprinting to his room down the hall. As he passed through their sitting area he noticed a note with familiar looping, curling handwriting sitting on the sofa near the window, Harry's favorite throw hanging over the back. It was from Draco.

Hi Harry :)

You were still asleep and I didn't want to wake you up so I went out for a walk on my own. I'll be back soon! There's some food on the table but try not to eat too much today. I have a surprise tonight, put on something nice! 

 xoxo Draco

Harry's heart fluttered, betraying him as his eyes glossed over the note. He pocketed the small piece of paper and went to hop in the shower. Normally he was in a rush, but today he let the water run. Sliding down his body, running through the rivets above his stomach, over the scars down his back, dripping from his rough hands.

It reminded him of the rain that poured down from the dark clouds above them when they were collecting their dead at the end of the war. He remembered walking away from his friends in a daze, aimlessly wandering among the limp bodies strewn around campus. 

§§The fear he remembered, searching for Draco's platinum blond hair, dreading finding him lying among the corpses. Then seeing him standing in the astronomy tower, right at the edge, leaning dangerously close to falling. His pale white fingers gripped the stone of the broken window for mere seconds before they relaxed and let go, Draco's stormy grey eyes fluttered shut. And he fell.

Harry's mind had been a blur as he sprang forward, his arms flung out, reaching for the blond's hand. He caught him, just barely, holding onto Draco's fragile hand. 

Little rivers of tears streamed down Draco's face, his eyes cloudy and distant. Harry hauled him up and hugged him, asking repeatedly why why why.

"I...don't know..." Draco whispered, his tears slowing as he leaned into Harry. Briefly, it passed through Harry's mind that this wasn't how enemies behaved, but they'd been through so much. That was...sort of when they became friends.§§

Snapping back to reality, Harry glanced at the clock on the wall. He'd been here for an hour and a half. He twisted the handle, stepping slowly out of the shower, towel in hand. Harry rubbed his light brown hair with the towel, shaking excess droplets out. He grabbed his hair dryer to add some fluff to it. 

It was already 4 by the time he ate, not bothering to get dressed. Finally, he entered his room to put on the clothes he'd picked out earlier. He thought Draco would like it because it was similar to something he would wear. 

Pressed black dress pants, a loose, silken red shirt, and a black belt with a gold buckle. He wet his hair and brushed it back, putting in contacts so he could leave his glasses. His final touch was a gold necklace Draco had given him a week ago, as celebration for getting an A in Transfiguration. It had a pretty little golden raven on it, like Draco's nickname for him, Raven.

Finally looking himself up and down in the mirror, Harry nodded in satisfaction and strode into the living room. He cast a Tempus charm, acknowledged the time, 4:30, and sat back, reclining on the couch. As he waited, his eyes drifted shut gently and he fell asleep.

                                                §§§§§§§§§§

Harry's eyes opened slowly when he heard the door click shut. A low voice said, "Harry?"

He sat up rubbing the sleep from his eyes as Draco's shock of platinum blonde hair came into view. 

"Sorry. I fell asleep waiting." Harry said as he pushed a few rogue strands of hair away from his face.

"It's alright, I'm sorry I was out so long. I was making sure that everything was ready." Draco said with a sweet smile. "Are you ready for the surprise?" He asked with a familiar twinkle in his eye.

"Sure! What time is it?" Harry replied with a grin while going to pick up his wand. 

Draco stopped him saying, "It's 8 o'clock. It's perfect." 

Harry gave him a quizzical look and took the hand that Draco extended to him, pulling himself up. 

"You look nice, Harry." 

Harry felt a flush of pink rush up to his face, shocking him slightly. It could've been the light, but Harry could've sworn he saw a red tint to Draco's normally paler face. Draco was wearing a pair of light gray pants with a collared shirt in the deepest blue. His hair was swept to the side but not gelled, just the way Harry liked it.

Draco led Harry to the stairs before telling him to close his eyes and taking him up the stairs. Draco was beyond excited as he reached the garden at the top of the tower, overflowing with lilies, Harry's favorite flowers.

"Alright, you can open your eyes!" Draco said. Harry could feel the excitement in his voice. He opened his and stopped.

The garden was lit with small, gentle burning candles floating here and there, illuminating lilies of every color and size. There was a picnic blanket set on the permanently green grass, with tons and tons of Harry's favourite foods, and little pillows set at the top of the blanket.

 When he turned around he saw that none of the light from the rest of the tower was shining up, just darkness. The balcony railing had twisting vines of roses and lilies alike intertwined, spanning the whole width of the tower, small candles nestled into them and creating quite a spectacle.

"Oh my god, Draco...This is...beautiful..." Harry said, tearing up a bit.

Draco let out a breath he didn't know he had been holding. He smiled at Harry, watching the candlelight reflect on his large green eyes, flickering to and fro. He gestured toward the blanket and food, placing a hand on the small of the brunett's back.

"Shall we?" He asked tentatively.

Harry gave him a smile that made his heart burst into beat.

"Sure! This all looks so good! Thank you so much Dray." Harry said as he walked over the the picnic, not noticing his slip up.

Draco's heartbeat was increasing at an alarming rate and he began to fear it might start to affect him. So he swallowed the blush spreading up his neck and strode over to the blanket.

                                                   §§§§§§§§§§

For the next 2 hours Harry and Draco talked about everything. From school, to music, to foods. They gazed at the multitude of stars through the glass dome, blowing out the candles, and Draco showed Harry how to use the telescope, one hand on his waist and the other on Harry's own hand.

"Thank you Draco. This is really fun." Harry said with small, tired smile. He was getting tired but he didn't want this to end. He walked out to the balcony, leaning on the railing, and began to use his magic to swirl the fire from the candles around in shapes. Draco followed not far behind, watching the shorter boy fondly.

"I'm glad you like it. I wanted it to be perfect." Draco said quietly, edging closer.  Harry continued to play with the fire, so Draco extinguished it and grabbed Harry's hand gently. Harry stared at him, sleepy, but confused. 

"Harry..."

"Dray" Harry replied with almost a giggle.

Draco moved closer, until they were an inch apart. Harry stared up at the blonde's stormy grey eyes, pressing himself subconsiously closer to Draco's body. Draco took a deep breath and leaned forward. 

Their lips locked together perfectly, like they were meant to. The kiss was slow and sweet, making Draco want to stay that way forever.

{Hi guyssss! So! I know this one was long, but there was lot of preperation to get where I wanted to go! This was the longest one so far! I hope you enjoy! Have a great day/night girls/gals/non-binary pals}

Word Count: 1450

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.2K 897 11
Basically what the title says. I hope you enjoy!
65.2K 884 23
To satisfy the thirst of Drarry shippers! Most of this is fluff and angst, and there's a little bit of some attempted smut near the middle. [HIGHEST...
84 1 10
Hello guys!!! This is my first drarry story so I hope it's good, it will not involve Voldemort and the death eaters, it's just focused on school. It...
26.6K 810 10
Just a few short drabbles of Harry and Draco's time in Hogwarts. Fluff/Angst warning. Drarry Draco/Harry