Escape from Remnant

By TheGoonsLover

Tarkov is like a living breathing hell. It will play and toy with you. Let you believe you are one step ahead... More

Chapter 1: A day in customs
Chapter 2: Prapor
Chapter 3: The folder
Chapter 4: Unexpected
Chapter 5: Remember the Light House
Chapter 6: Something's gone all terribly wrong
Chapter 7: The withered silver rose of Texas
Chapter 8: The first shower in awhile
Chapter 9: Mercenaries and their bullets
Chapter 10.1: Mercenaries and their mission
Chapter 10.2: Mercenaries and their mission
Chapter 11: Eyeless dogs
Chapter 12: Cacophony of War
Chapter 13: Lord of War
Chapter 14: Resounding Horror
Chapter 15: Another Purpose to a well oiled machine
Chapter 16: Survival with no purpose
Chapter 17.1: The world is your canvas
Chapter 17.3: Consequence of Thy Actions
Chapter 18: Simulation
Chapter 19: David versus Goliath
Chapter 20: The Vaulted Rabbit Hole
Chapter 21.1: The Die Is Cast
Chapter 21.2: The Die Is Cast
Chapter 22: Curtain Call Volume 1
Chapter 23: For What The Future Holds
Chapter 24: Unheard Of
Chapter 25: All Roads Lead To Ozpin

Chapter 17.2: So paint it all black

200 4 4
By TheGoonsLover

"Everyone in position?" Godfather asked leaning against the large metal gates on his radio. On one side was his team and on the other was the huntsmen group everyone with their weapons drawn at the ready.

"Yes we're ready, looks like we got 3 guys out here smoking blunts." Jac whispered in a hushed tone trying not to give his position away into the radio. "Take then out quietly." Godfather ordered, something happened on the radio, sounds of men reaalizing it was too late, their auras unable to block the slice of a knife across their neck.

"All clear, get to work out front."

Godfather hits his hand against the large metal door, the sound was like a drum being beaten reverberating off the walls and door itself. A man from the other side soon answers it opening a small tiny slit in the door large enough to only allow a small portion of his face to be seen. "Who is it? We're closed!" Angrily he exclaims, some morsels of spit managing to make it out of his mouth and through the tiny slit.

"The crown presents a impossible challenge. Suffer, fall, break you will in the end so enjoy the present and do not be locked up in indecisiveness." Godfather says giving that pass code in the form of a phrase. The slit immediately shuts closed and there's some yelling behind and the gate begins to slide open by manual labour from the people behind. Texas grips his Beneli M3 and turns to Akula "Akula you better not pussy out of this one. Show me how much of a raider you are." He said remembering how he went on about not being willing to kill as much as the mercenaries.

"Yea...I'll try I guess..." He responded clearly still hesitant. The gate became wide enough to fit 2 people inside, Texas lifts his shotgun up and aims the EoTech reticle at the head of the man struggling to pull the door open in front of him the man clearly not realising there was a barrel aimed right at his head. The man seemed to be identical to the men they had fought when they first arrived in remnant down to the buttons on his jacket, a red sword vaguely in the shape of a katana was on his hip. He looks up and stares right into the barrel for a second, Texas pulls the trigger and the flechette shell tears his face open, blood spraying everywhere, bone and brain fragments with them.

"Well guess in cutting my shells from now on..."

His head is a unrecognisable mess of flesh ans gore as he falls to the ground well more than dead. The other goons behind him and opening the door fall back in shock scrambling for their weapons whether it be swords or pistols. "HOLY FUCK!" Horse yells taken aback by the brutality. Usually huntsmen never killed like this, they'd maybe say something borderline cringe to seem cool but this was pure brutality.

The element of surprise had been used up now, Texas fires a few more shots at the men who were on the ground or still in shock killing and maiming them. "Empty empty! Floridaman take over!" He falls to the back while Floridaman moves up and begins to open fire with his M16A4, the people inside begin to open fire as well but that right hand peek made it quite hard to fight back. GAUL team members began to also open fire joining in but their weapons were less effective than the 4 of them. In fact the gang members guns were also less effective the bullets flying slower at them.

Bullets were still bullets and they were a force to be reckoned with but it gave them a tiny second to dodge. Godfather could tell something was up, these were no normal huntsmen, the men were not lying when they said they were mercenaries because if a proper huntsmen straight executed a man in such a fashion their licence would be stripped from them faster than a cetah faunus. Gunshots were also raining down from the back of the building evident that the group coming in from the loading bay was making their appearance.

"We need to get in! Run and gun this show no mercy!" Texas finishing loading his shotgun to its Max capacity yells. Switching to his RD-704 he takes out his injector case and injects a SJ1 stimulant into his arm. The other members except akula who just took a morphine take similar stimulants that boost their strength, endurance and/or stamina immediately rushing into the club followed by his team like pit bulls seeing another child to maul. Godfather picks up the used SJ1 stimulant and looks at it, disgust on his face. "Never in my 20 plus years have I seen a huntsman take combat drugs..." He tries to read the label but most of it is in a unknown language but the big bold text stating the name was not.

"SJ1 TGLabs combat stimulant injector..." He read and looked back up at the group doing their work, everyone except the one named Akula was slaughtering the goons. "Alright men let's go in and join in on the action." Godfather ordered and his men rushed in. The bloodbath was immense, the dead were the lucky ones, the living on the other hand were subjected to a painful final moments on Oum's green remnant. Because of their aura's healing factors which only really worked against small injuries and blunt damage it was healing their wounds but due to the severity of the damage the aura healed over horrible wounds.

Flesh wrapping itself trying to heal over fractured sharp bones, sealing in bullets still stuck inside or unable to close up bleeds. Texas reached the bar sliding down into cover giving him time to catch his breath, the stimulant helped with his endurance and stamina but that still wasn't infinite. The group had spread out enough around the night club to find their target and clear the area out better, it wasn't so big so they were always in reach of each other plus seems like GAUL had begun moving in.

He gets a feel of the amount of magazines he still has on his rig having dropped completely empty ones on the ground for faster reloads to which about half had been used up already. Before he could gauge the amount of bullets left in the current magazine 3 more goons come up at the bar having seen him take cover there.

"There he is! Get the fucker!" He looks and 2 of them have swords while the last one has a pistol. The sword guys were charging him mindlessly so he popped out and dumped the rest of the bullets in the magazine into one. He falls dead on the ground with the bullets going through his aura, the other one continues charging him screaming a war cry full of vigour. Quickly he drops his rifle letting the sling hold it up and draws his FN Five-seven into his chest.

Bang.

Bang.

Bang.

Bang.

3 bullets into the charging man's chest was enough to stop him while the last one went into the head of the man with the pistol too slow to react. Texas reloads his weapons and moves up, from one of the backrooms a large amount of gangsters appear carrying guns, swords and some blunt weapons like bats. The group is too large for him to gun down alone and the others were still fighting so he pulls out a impact grenade and tosses it at the group huddled together. The grenade goes of on one of the guys and maims the most of them with shrapnel, the combined voices of their groans echo in pain.

But they weren't dead yet so Texas may dumps the pile of dead bodies in the doorway ending their suffering. He next vaults down to the dance floor since the bar was on a elevated platform falling next to Moron who had finished killing some more of the gang members.

"Any sign of the twins or the guy we have to arrest?" He asks while reloading his RD-704.

"No not yet, just these red suit guys."

Floridaman and Akula walk up to them joining the conversation.

"How's your arresting been going?" Texas asks Akula who looks away in embarrassment, it seems that he didn't arrest anyone after all in fact his knuckles seem to be bruised having punched someone in the face most likely.

"Right we need to flush out his guy how about we go look for him in the back together?" Floridaman suggests.

"Hmmm alright yea sure, what about GAUL" Texas responded.

"Arresting some guys..." Floridaman takes a few steps towards the stairs leading our of the dance floor pit to a level were there would be access to the back rooms but swiftly he is kicked in the face hard enough to send him flying into the ground. The assailant who had committed the act rolls on the ground and onto her feet perfectly. It was one of the twins, specifically the white one joined by the red one walking up next to her.

"Yuck this place reeks now...Miltia can we try not to dirty my clothes when we fight them?" The white one said looking down and around at the blood stained floor then back up to her unstained white dress. Her heels were dripping blood now, the back being composed of a blade which had been used to slide Floridaman across the face.

"Well then we better try to finish this quick Melanie. Send these pigs packing..." The one identified as Miltia spoke in a similar tone as her twin, instead of bladed heels her weapon of choice was a pair of claws on her arms.

"Shit shit shit, Akula check on Florida! Me and Moron will deal with these fucks." Akula quickly runs pulling a hard flank to get to the knocked out Floridaman.

"You know I was considering arresting you lot but y'all are dead women walking now." Moron points at them then using his thumb and dragging it across his neck while saying the words to them.

The 2 girls burst out in laughter obviously not taking them seriously, Melanie letting out a "right." mockingly. Both of them charge the 2 men ignoring Akula making his way to Floridaman, Texas and Moron open fire with their rifles but they are incredibly quick, however when Miltia tried to deflect one of Texas' bullets it went straight through destroying the blade. Even with the evades the girls were not used to the speed of their bullets and moved in quicker soon they were both in melee range. Melanie went in for Texas while Miltia went for Moron, both of the mercenaries were at a disadvantage being used to using firearms as their main form of combat but that didn't mean they couldn't put up a fight.

Using his RD-704 Texas blocked Melanie's overhead strike down at him, this left her open and he pushed the gun up to throw her off balance. He drops the rifle and draws his sword from its seath slicing at Melanie while she was off balance, the blow is softened by her aura but it still slices her nonetheless across the chest. She stumbles back feeling her chest and seeing the blood drip in shock, with a enraged look she looks back up and goes in trying desperately to kill Texas.

Texas dodges as best he can but she lands a hit on him embedding her blade into his arm but because of the stim the effect was lessened plus since she was open now as the other leg had to keep her stable on the ground he grabs her leg and pulls her off him throwing her down onto the ground away from him.

For Moron the battle was also intense with both him and Miltia trying to get a opening on each other dodging each others attacks, Moron had swapped to his MP-443 for the manoeuvrability but because of the bullets not having the penetrating power of a 7.62 like Texas did she could slice and deflect his bullets away. That's when he got a idea, his M2 rig had a plate that was made our of steel, a claw surely would not go through that. He needed to give her a opening deliberately but one small enough so the claw wouldn't go right into anywhere not protected by the plate.

In a split second he allowed himself to be stabbed and she went in for a killing blow in her mind thinking the claw would go through the aura like sharp weapons usually did hut instead it went through a magazine and hit the plate. It was stuck now, she tried to pull it out but her feeble body was more suited for speed over strength. In her attempts at pulling the claw out Moron had pointed his pistol at her shoulder joint, she looks up in fear at him seeing this large man staring down at her with a devilish evil look in his eyes. He was wearing a mask but she could still tell under that very mask was a smile of a psychopath.

"W-wait I surrender-" she tries in a desperate plea for mercy.

"Смерть приходит за тобой."

Moron squeezes the trigger and the bullet goes into her shoulder joint, her arm might have not come off but it might as well have because her joint was now broken and fractured. Before she even scream at the sight of the bloodly mess that was formerly known as her shoulder and the pain of having a shoulder joint shattered by a bullet Moron rips the claw from his chest rig by her arm and throws her into the floor. Her nose is broken from his and blood gushes out of the nostrils, she's crying and bleeding profusely.

Miltia is also facing her sister seeing her land a hit on Texas in his arm not noticing her. Moron presses the sole to his boot onto her head and the other kept on her still working hand causally lighting a cigarette now watching Texas fight the other twin. "Wait! Wait!!!" She screams watching Melanie get thrown onto the ground in a similar fashion.

"Fuck this shit." Texas moves to finish her off swiftly pulling out his python revolver from his rig aiming it right at her head.

"No! Please!!! Police can't just execute-"

Without saying anymore words he shoots her straight in the head without hesitation. The bullet immediately blows her brains out, the back of her skull exploding in a graphic display of brain matter and skull fragments.

"MELANIE!!! MELANIE!!!" She cries out watching her twin just get shot in the head like that, her rage then turns Moron still stepping on her keeping her down. "I'LL KILL YOU!!! I'LL KILL YOU ALL!!!" But he pays no attention to her continuing to smoke huffing and puffing out whiffs of smoke.

"Hey Tex what do we do about her?"

"Break her arm and leave her or something! We'll go check on Akula and Florida." Texas yells, Moron takes his foot pressing down on her arm moving to grab her wrist and break her arm so that both would be unusable but in a final act of defiance she quickly stabs the claw through Morom's calf. He falls to his knee clutching the calf, he let's out a groan of pain letting Texas know something was wrong. He runs up with his Python revolver in hand and unloads the last 5 rounds in the chamber into Miltia killing her.

"Fuckin hell you good?" He moves to pull the claw out of Moron's calf sliding the whole thing out by the dead girl's arm.

"Yup...yup...I got cms I'm good..." He helps Moron to sit down onto the ground so that he could get to work on his leg easier tearing off his ski mask to get a better look even though it did not impede is eyesight in the first place. Texas hears some pair of footsteps from behind and turns to see Floridaman now all awake and ready just not wearing his helmet, the balaclava he was wearing having been cut through now ripped off in one hand and his helmet in the other. "You really fucked her up eh?" His blue eyes shifts down to the 2 dead girls then up to Texas' aviators reflecting back the image of his own eye to his sight.

"Yeah. Didn't know people could move so fast though..." He slides open the chamber of his colt python and reloads the revolver using a speedloader efficiently dropping the empty loader onto the ground when it had finished its purpose.

"Welp that's these 2 taken care of, now we gotta find the big man."

"Texas your still bleeding." Floridaman points to the wound on his arm that Melanie had slamed her blades heel into. Seems like the adrenaline hasn't finished yet because he completely forgot about the wound in the heat of battle. He slides his hand and there's still blood gushing from it but no biggie he will just bandage it up for now.

"Yeah thanks mate. Let's move-"

"HOLY FUCK!" Akula shouts having arrived later than the man who had been just kicked in the face ironically. He vomits the contents of his half digested dinner onto the dance floor, horrified and pale witnessing the 2 dead women on the ground brutalized like that.

"Jesus fuck I thought you were a scav." Texas looks at him with the expression of confusion on his face. Scavs were violent, brutal, they would've seen such things in Tarkov. 

"Yea but women never were in tarkov! There's only fucking prostitutes left in there! God last time I saw people like this die was when I was still in emercom!!!" Akula regains himself and takes a deep breath to calm down.

"He's not wrong, we see hobo scavs dead, dying and tortured everyday but we don't see girls like this. I'm surprised you and Moron even killed these girls in such a manner, they look to be as old as my daughter..." Floridaman lamented, Texas sighs and let's out a deep breath finding agreement in their words.

"Look..." He puts his hand on Akula's shoulder looking down then up.at him. "I'm sorry for that. I don't know how I even pulled that off to be honest..." To which in response Akula gently pushed Texas hand off his shoulder.

"I'm fine."

Texas turns back to the direction if where the backrooms were. "We have a mission still, let's go find the man. Moron can take care of himself" Everyone nods to each other in agreement and makes their way to the same entrance that was covered in dead bodies of the goons who tried to rush through the door only to meet a impact grenade.

"Fuck..." Texas says realising the mess he created before had come back to haunt him. He grabs one of the bodies by the leg and drags him off the pile followed by a few more assisted by Akula and Floridaman. Soon the pile had turned into a ramp of dead bodies, a person would have to crouch to get through but it was now accessible. First one in was Floridaman crouched on the dead bodies, he was met by gunfire of gangsters that had dug themselves in with furniture as cover. The hall was what you'd expect, a long corridor with shut doors on each sides, there were some labels labeling what rooms the door lead to.

Floridaman ducked back into cover quickly thinking of a solution to remedy the situation. "Texas give me one of the fire grenades!" Immediately he hands the grenade to him, it was shaped like a smoke grenade, the cylindrical ones they were familiar with but had small little windows displaying the dust inside. One side orange the other side red, he pulls the pin and tosses it towards the entrenched gangsters. The grenade goes off and immolates the men melting their skin, cooking flesh, combusting the very oxygen in their lungs. In a unfortunate twist of irony the furniture they used as cover contained flammable materials for the most part, it burned helping to fuel the flame. In a minute there was nothing for the fire to consume no more and it died out.

Sure things were glowing and a little hot but it wasn't gonna burn the men if they were careful. They got to work clearing the various rooms, anyone with the gangster outfit they shot, when it came time to cross the burnt makeshift furniture barricades Texas just kicked them to break their brittle burnt structures. At the end of the hall was a grandiose door, more intricately carved and designed than the others. A plaque on the door reading, "Junior's Office."

The group rushes to the door stacking up on it using the adjacent rooms on the left and right as cover after clearing them of course. Texas prepares a flash thinking the man they were hunting was behind the room, he opens a small crack in the door and rolls the flashbang in, Floridaman and Akula ready with his finger on the trigger in case they try to rush out. Theres some commotion in the room but the flashbang silences it before it startes again, people screaming from the shock of being blinded and the bang.

"Go go!" Texas kicks the door open, there's 5 men in the office all dazed and blinded by the flashbang. Floridaman shoots 2 in the head immediately, Akula takes another 2 down and walking in last was Texas his FN five-seven drawn. In the middle cowering behind his desk was the nexus of this slaughter, Junior Xiong.

Unlike his men who lay dead still holding the usual pistol, axe or sword he held a big metal bat that looked to be strong enough to bludgeon a tagilla or 2. But it did not matter, Texas just shoots him in the knee the moment he came in but was off from shattering his kneecap as he wasn't aimed up properly.

"ARGH! YOU BITCH!!!" Junior screamed dropping the bat, the bat makes a loud metallic noise and transforms before their eyes into a rocket launcher his hands now preoccupied with holding his pained shot leg now. Seeing no way out fighting this he looks back to the window behind his desk and him bolting for it.

"Oh no you don't!!!" Texas gives chase vaulting over the desk and using the momentum to push his weight onto Junior grabbing him by the collar of his satin white dress shirt at the cost of dropping his pistol. But it didn't just end there, instead they continued, Texas pushing Junior with the weight of his body back until Junior's back made contact with the window. The window shatters, shards flying everywhere digging into Junior's back alongside small minor cuts on his head. His shirt becomes soaked in blood as he screams in absolute agony.

"BY THE GODS I'LL KILL YOU AND YOUR WHOLE FAMILY PIG!!!" Even though he is hurt that didn't mean the finish bell had rung yet. He delivers a right hook to Texas' head causing the sunglasses to fall off his eyes but he didn't let go forcing the glass in his back deeper. Floridaman and Akula come up to help hold him down but Junior was strong, WWE heavyweight strong. He resisted still and the men were having trouble pinning him down, they were going to have to knock him out. He tries to knock Junior out bringing a combination of punches from the left and right to his face like Omni Man but he was still conscious and kicking.

Texas looks down scanning for anything to whacking with and sees his pistol on the ground, he grabs the FN five-seven and pistol whips Junior across the face bringing the beast down finally while slashing blood across the room. The men let go of him and he slides to the ground all bloody, they stand there not sure what to do with him.

"So...do we heal him?" Akula asks, reluctantly Texas stabs him with a probital helping to keep him from bleeding out. Texas was exhausted, he finds Junior's leather chair and sits down on it picking his shades up and putting them back on his nose.

"Guess place is clear now, let's get to looting...god I need a smoke maybe this guy will have some good shit..." Now the ransacking began, without telling the law enforcement the group had already planned to do some extra looting of their own taking valuables that they could consume or sell. There was several drawers built into Junior's table unwisely not locked, Texas pulls the first one open completely and finds it to be containing a golden pistol and some ammo. He had weapons already so he shoved the drawer closed uninterested in the weapon.

Floridaman looked high and low at the book self and shelves that made up the right wall of the room taking random books out to see if there were any secrets. Akula was on the left wall which comprised of a mini bar and fridge, he was taking lots of expensive looking alcohol and stuffing them into his bag. He opens the fridge and inside was massive amounts of wrapped up bricks...yeah its cocaine. He shuts the fridge door close not intent on doing any drugs.

"Jackpot!" Texas yells finding Junior's cigar stash, most of the cigars were alien to him bring of unknown brands but they were still cigars. He takes one, cuts it and puts the rest into his bag while smoking it. He opens another drawer and finds several stacks of money which he shoves onto the table catching the other 2 men's attention.

"Well lads...I have a philosophy when it comes to these kinds of situation...everyone gets their fair share equally so no bitching and moaning about getting more."

He looks down and sees more cash, even some small gold bars. He shoves it all into his backpack and zips it closed. "We better leave before the cops find us looting. Akula, help me grab him." Texas motions to Akula who puts away his AK and moves to grab his legs, Texas grabs his arms as Floridaman keeps a look out and the 2 lift Junior up by arms and legs. It was a struggle even more their trained muscles to lift the man up but they preserved hauling the mam back out to the dance area.

"How was it?" Moron meets them again now all healed up stuffing what looked to be vodka into his T-bag.

"Punched in the face several times." Moron laughs and pats Texas' chest jokingly responding with

"well your still standing big man."

Godfather finally showed up with his team handcuffs in his hand looking all tired from the raid.

"Well I overestimated the number of cuffs I had to bring but you got the big man himself..." He looks at the group then down onto the battered Junior seeing that he was in no position to fight back in this state if he were to wake up right now. But the lack of cuffs on him made him uneasy. Cuffs were a extra layer of protection for them, you never know what drug fueled madman could do given the chance. He goes down and cuffs Junior without resistance from him making sure they weren't coming off easy.

"Alright we'll get regular guys in here process the scene now. You guys good with your wounds?" He notices that 3 out of the 4 of them had a moderately severe wound of some kind whether it be the bangadged wound on Texas' arm, Moron's leg or Floridaman's gash on his face.

"Uhhh yeah...we're good." Texas says.

"No I insist, come with me. You 2 arrest him" He pats his arm on Texas' back to which they follow him begrudgingly. The regular officers he pointed to move to take Junior in struggling to move the hulk of the man. Outside there was dozens of ambulances, multiple paramedics looking over various people including the men that went in from behind...

One was already dead on a stretcher his body covered by a piece of cloth. Another one was inside a ambulance having a emergency surgery by paramedics and the last one was Jac, sitting all wrapped in blood soaked bandages around his body looking all tired but most of all dissapointed.

"What happened...?" Akula asks Jac, he let's out a sigh full of regret.

"We went in and got outnumbered fast. Communist is dead while Buzza is fighting for his life..." Jac lemented painfully.

"Sorry for your loss man..." Texas gave his condolences and so did everyone else of the group before paramedics arrived to hush them away for treatment. On the way to the place where they'd be treated the group sees paramedics and police officers hauling dead body after dead body laying them out on the ground for identification. With the amount of bodies there was a large pool of blood forming from them soaking itself into the concrete floor of the alleyway gravity and physics itself joining in to paint the town red.

It does not matter now, once treatment was over they would be paid then let off to go back to their residence for some rest or to enjoy their loot which in Tarkov would have fetched a good million roubles. What a equally amazing yet pitiful day...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

326 2 16
After the Contract Wars and the failed investigation of Terragroup Labs, the Norvinsk Region has been blockaded by the Russian army, no one is allowe...
36.4K 365 10
Since the fall of Beacon, you haven't been functioning properly. You're combat is messed up, you get distracted easily, and you jump over the littles...
87.8K 1.4K 35
What would happen if Team JNPR discover a mysterious ancient 'ruin' during the mission, which contained a portal, and Jaune gets sucked into the port...
4.3K 53 9
You have now made your way to Atlas but things aren't looking so great. You will collide with various enemies and allies at your time there.