~INTO YOU~

Galing kay lshijo14

Two werewolf clans fighting for supremacy on who shall rule the Kingdom of Asterin. Both were headed by domin... Higit pa

INTO YOU
┈┈┈┈ ⋞ 〈CHARACTER INTRO〉 ⋟ ┈┈┈┈
Prologue
01. ALPHA
02. A RARE CONJUNCTION
03. INCEPTION
04. UNWANTED FATE
05. THE PAGAN PRIEST
06. SCRUTINY
07. THE HUNT PART ONE
08. THE HUNT PART TWO
09. MOST UNUSUAL
10. THE START
11. PROPOSITION
13. THE MANSION OF KINGS
14. NIGHTMARE
15. NEVER THINK
16. DECEITFUL
17. THE U-TURN
18. DESIRE
19. FIT TOGETHER
20. WOVEN THREADS
21. BRAVE DEED
22. ABSENCE
23. A DROP OF BLOOD
24. A CHOICE
25. SECRETS
26. NEAR CAPACITY
~commercial~
27. CONVICTION
28. THE RUSH
29. TO BREAK
30. LUNA
31. FIRST HEAT
32. MINE
33. A HALF-SMILE
34. LACKING ZEAL
35. DECISIONS
36. A HIDDEN NEMESIS
37. THE CLOAKED FIGURE
38. TOO CLOSE
39. OBSESSION
40. AT BOTH ENDS
41. THE GREAT ONES PART ONE
42. THE GREAT ONES PART TWO
43. THE GREAT ONES PART THREE
44. THE GREAT ONES PART FOUR
45. THE GREAT ONES PART FIVE
46. KINDRED SPIRIT
CHARACTERS UNLOCKED
47. HOME
48. TWINS PART ONE
49. TWINS PART TWO
50. TWINS PART THREE
51. RAGE
52. SOULMATE
53. A PALE MOON RISES
EPILOGUE/LORE
53.1 - Yana & Yuri's Pack Expansion Quest: Sibling Safari, Part One
53.2 - Yana & Yuri's Pack Expansion Quest: Sibling Safari, Part Two
53.3 - Yana & Yuri's Pack Expansion Quest: Sibling Safari, Part Three
53.4 - Yana & Yuri's Pack Expansion Quest: Sibling Safari, Part Four
53.5 - Yana & Yuri's Pack Expansion Quest: Sibling Safari, Part Five
53.6 - Yana & Yuri's Pack Expansion Quest: Sibling Safari, Part Six
53.7 - Yana & Yuri's Pack Expansion Quest: Sibling Safari, Part Seven
53.8 - Yana & Yuri's Pack Expansion Quest: Sibling Safari, Part Eight
53.9 - Yana & Yuri's Pack Expansion Quest: Sibling Safari, Part Nine
53.10 - Yana & Yuri's Pack Expansion Quest: Sibling Safari, Part Ten
Afterword
Acknowledgement

12. THE BAD WOLF

365 45 18
Galing kay lshijo14

The moment Rumiel left the room, Vinzer's smile faded, and only then did he turn his frigid attention to the leader of the Grey Monks who served as the mediator.

Vinzer peered at the man's face steadily. Like most of his kin, it was difficult to determine the age of this sullen figure. They were also bald, unlike the pagan priest with a red dot on their foreheads. The only similar thing they shared was their peculiarity.

"When I mentioned that he was my Luna, you didn't react much," Vinzer spoke. "Are your kind aware of the prophecy?"

The man slowly turned his head to him. "We are not allowed to discuss the Oracle's vision."

"That's not really my question." He suddenly remembered that the Grey Monks often referred to the pagan priests as 'Oracles' which was actually a fitting name. "So, are you?"

"Yes."

Vinzer glanced at the watch on his wrist as if he was waiting. He knew the summit wasn't over and that Rumiel was probably only trying to blow off some steam or raving to his companions before they resumed. This was a summit that he ordered after all and they must come to an agreement before they left the place, otherwise, the Grey Monks would not open their doors again for the next ten years.

"Your kind are fond of giving names to the lurkers of the Central Plains," Vinzer continued. "For instance, you refer to the pagan priests as 'the Oracles' and the highway patrolmen as the 'Ghost Guardians'. Tell me, what would you call that ONE? That child destined to be born from both male Alphas who has the power to unite this world?"

The monk didn't have much reaction on his face but his eyes unexpectedly glowed at Vinzer's sudden fascination about the subject, and to the Alpha's astonishment, the Grey Monk answered, "The Ultima; a rare breed of Lycan that could only be born when a Male Alpha-Luna mates with another Male-Alpha."

He smirked. "So, it's one of a kind just like their father, eh? I never heard of one..."

"You wouldn't. Only Lycans who had chosen to retire to the 'deep' would know about them."

"Lycans aren't immortals."

"Neither of us are. But you can choose to cultivate your long lives by going into seclusion and avoiding conflict. It would extend your life span to over a million years making your kind almost immortal."

"Almost," Vinzer sighed. Yes, he heard of this myth from his tutors and read about it from historical books. There were even manuscripts that authenticated their existence. "You're referring to the Supremas. According to legends, only those who heard the ancestral's howl could become one. It's also impossible to find a Suprema unless you risk traveling the 'deep'. However, I am very curious about this Ultima. Is there another way for me to know what kind of cub am I to expect with my dearest mate?"

He wasn't just imagining things, the Grey Monk did give him a half-smile. "You are quite confident with your conviction."

Vinzer's face darkened. "This isn't a competition, he is my LUNA. He would go into heat like any other bitch and he would seek my companionship."

"Perhaps. But you are forgetting, dear Alpha, that your mate isn't like any other Luna. He is a Male Alpha Luna and his kind prefers a struggle before mating. He would fight you until his last breath..."

"That's ridiculous, why would I kill my mate? What advantage would that give me?"

"You wouldn't know. This is why no Ultima has ever been born. Some old scriptures stated that either both Alpha parents ended up destroying each other or the cub was hunted down to be destroyed. These were only based on our own ancestral wisdom. It is better to seek a Suprema if you would like to learn more about your coming brood. Do not rely on the prophecy when it comes to your luck..."

┈┈┈┈ ⋞ 〈☪〉 ⋟ ┈┈┈┈

Sonya had found Rumi pacing back and forth in the corridor outside the assembly hall. He didn't seem lost in thought but he appeared to be so agitated that she couldn't help but approach him.

"Have you decided?"

Rumi had finally put a break on his behavior and turned to find Sonya standing behind him, clearly perplexed by his actions. He walked closer to her and put his hands on her shoulders. "Do you think once you've seen the specimen, you can identify what creature are we facing?"

"Not immediately but a sample could help. What is wrong?"

Frustration was written on Rumi's face as he turned around, hands closed to fists on his sides. "I cannot let that Alpha get ahead of us!"

Sonya watched his back in silence for a moment. "Then be careful in sealing a contract with these monks unless you would like to end up on the wrong side of the bargain."

"Damn it! Why do I have to deal with---ugh! I should've known he would use this against me."

Sonya was intrigued and gently pulled Rumi by the forearm to face her. "What's wrong? You aren't like this. You always handle negotiations calmly even with those Lycans you dislike and that includes your cousin. I've never seen you so rattled like this---"

"You asked me before if there's something I wish to tell you."

"Yes...and you said there's nothing."

"I lied. Something is..." Rumi choked as he paused for a moment to stare into Sonya's eyes. He couldn't believe it. He liked this girl and he wanted her to be his Luna. When he thought about it in this term, his rage boiled over, and could only curse his fate. He felt as if everything he worked hard for to win the position against his cousin was crumbling away, all because of a prophecy.

"Rumi, what is this something you wished to tell me?"

A cold chill crawled up his spine as he slowly accepted the inescapable truth. "I am a Male Luna." Seeing to the heart of Sonya's confusion, he added in a quiet voice, "Vinzer Romanoff is my mate."

Mareshka who heard everything immediately hid herself in the corner, eyes wide with disbelief at what she discovered. She whispered, "A Male Luna..."

┈┈┈┈ ⋞ 〈☪〉 ⋟ ┈┈┈┈

After reading the contents of the agreement, Vinzer glanced at Rumi with severe, dark eyes. And though Rumi felt the blood draining from his face, he stood his ground and didn't blink. This only served to excite the other. "Fair deal," he said. "I guess I'll be expecting you at my mansion, Alpha."

The man gazed at Rumi with that same poker face that his companions wore, except that glint in Vinzer's eyes hinted at something more. If he was ever in doubt of his decision or he thought that he should've padded the number in his favor, Rumi stopped agonizing over it. He quickly exchanged knowing glances with Lev and Sonya before facing Vinzer leading boldly with his chin. "I'll be seeing you again. Soon."

Vinzer gave him a lopsided grin. "I can't hardly wait."

As the Head of the Grey Monks sealed the contract and the team was formed, Rumiel watched as Vinzer and his companions strode in the opposite direction and disappeared from their sight. Uncertain as it was, Rumi's decision was fixed and he wasn't about to let Vinzer and his crew take the lead.

"Are you sure about what you're doing?" Lev asked as they headed back to their aero-van where Rolan was waiting. "Rumi, keep in mind that this is considered a binding contract once sealed by a Grey Monk. A curse could befall our clan if the conditions are not met---"

"I am aware."

Lev was curious since Sonya didn't seem anxious as if she already knew about the contract beforehand. Rumi whirled to face his best friend before they could reach Rolan. "She knows."

After a few blinks, Lev quickly picked up what Rumi meant. "I thought we keep this a secret...?"

"You can't keep it a secret," Sonya said. "He needs a Healer when the time comes."

"When the time comes for what?"

Rumi eyed him with exhaustion. "The heat. Have you forgotten about it?"

Recognizing the impatience in Rumi's voice, Lev decided not to pursue the subject anymore and went back to discuss the contract once more. "Then, why do I feel like you're about to do something idiotic?"

"It won't be idiotic if it meant defending myself against that devil!"

"Are you saying that Vinzer might be planning something?"

"Scheming would be a proper term," Rumi snarled and wished with all his heart that he could wipe that haughty smile off of Vinzer's face. "He believes he could take me down."

"Could he?" When Rumi started walking casually toward the awaiting vehicle, Lev yanked him back. "Could he?" he demanded.

At first, Rumi was unyielding but soon his face was marred with apprehension. Vinzer's confidence was rubbing him the wrong way and he always felt that the other side was one step ahead of them. There was also the conversation he had with Sonya earlier when he confided about his condition. She revealed more of the things he wished he didn't know. Perhaps it was his fault for being curious but he couldn't change the prophecy and the more that man invaded his space...the more it becomes REAL.

"I have a plan."

Lev was dissatisfied with this answer. "It better not involve breaking the contract because that would be dangerous."

"It won't. Trust me, I have a plan..."

┈┈┈┈ ⋞ 〈☪〉 ⋟ ┈┈┈┈

The journey back to their territory was surrounded by silence but Mareshka mind was reeling with the scene she accidentally came across earlier. She was sitting beside Raze and facing Vinzer directly who was sitting beside their older brother Vasily. Normally, they wouldn't question Vinzer's decision but it did surprise them that he would disclose to Rumi that they kept a specimen of the creature in their laboratory. Since acquiring one, Vinzer had been firm in his decision to not let the other side know. Yet the summit had completely overturned this decision. She wouldn't bothered about it if she didn't discover that Rumiel happened to be his brother's mate.

A Male Luna and an Alpha.

A class of Lycan she never thought existed.

"Why did you change your mind?"

Her brothers looked at her at the same time. It was rare for Mareshka to interrogate though this was a normal skill for a Gamma. Vinzer sensed a curious wind blowing from her whole visage, it was a strange sensation though not completely off-putting. At least, not for an Alpha of Vinzer's caliber.

"Please don't use that skill on me," his laconic tone sounded lazy and even charming, similar to how he talked to his younger siblings back when they were children.

Mareshka immediately retreated. "Apologies, Alpha."

"You think I would lie to you?"

She bit her tongue.

"You're splitting the hairs mighty fine there."

She quickly met his dark eyes. "I didn't mean to...it's just that..." her expression was slightly forlorn.

Vinzer neither smiled nor grimaced, but his quiet eyes remained fixed on her. It was unnerving whenever his brother turned solemn. They recognized that even amongst the Lycans of the Blackout tribe, he was a class on his own.

As a boy, he had no "friends" other than his siblings. What he had were timid admirers who kept their distance, and secret enemies who had sooner or later extended their claws and bared their fangs. Vinzer never learned how to trust anyone. He was, as their clan would often call in numerous horrendous phrases: "the accursed one", "the dark child," or the "true black wolf".

Despite the fear and abhorrence, no Lycans in their clan could ever defeat him. And when he had come of age, he had ascended to that title defeating the previous Alpha by breaking his neck.

Knowing his character, Mareshka was almost certain that his brother would do everything in his power to claim his Luna, even if that Luna happened to be the Alpha of the other side.

"You've laid a trap," she added softly.

Vasily was alarmed and licked his lips; uneasiness flooded his expression which only confirmed Mareshka's suspicion that their older brother might be the only one who knew that the Alpha of the Silverfrost was Vinzer's fated mate. Meanwhile, Raze was confused. His gaze switched from one person to another.

Vinzer continued to shoot his sister a cool, presumptuous glance that hardly moved his eyebrow. One of the many advantages of being an Alpha was that he could choose to lie and no one would call him out for it. He wasn't required to provide an explanation for his every action.

But these were his siblings...

"Baby sis, you should relax. I am not so whimsical that I would break whatever is written in that contract just to lay my hands on...their Alpha."

"Then why did you tell them about the subject?"

Vasily felt the need to intervene. "Mareshka Milika what is this all about?"

Her lips quivered; she wasn't used to being scolded by their older brother. But she wanted to know what was Vinzer's motive. No matter what the reason was, if Vinzer lay a hand on the Silverfrost's Alpha, no one would care about the prophecy of the pagan priest, there would be WAR.

So, she chose to disobey both of her brothers and pressed on, "I wanted to know if you, perhaps, have ulterior motives."

Vinzer started to laugh. "The only person acting with ulterior motives in that summit was their Alpha, don't you agree?"

"Then, why---"

"We need a blood sample from their clan. We are certain it's not a Lycan from our side but what about their side?"

"I thought we've established that it is not a Lycan."

"But it is a canine bite, even their side confirmed that. We all came from different species. We were all creatures of the deep. Maybe their ancestors could point us in the right direction."

Vinzer has a point and now Mareshka was dumbfounded. She didn't know what to ask next to oblige his brother to reveal what was in his mind. But what was the lie? What was the truth? She could tell Vinzer knew Rumi was his mate, but what else could he be hiding?

She had no choice but to lower her gaze. "I'm sorry, brother."

But Vinzer didn't totally misread the situation. He knew that Mareshka was suspecting something but whatever it was she may have heard, he wasn't about to stir the pot when the wheel was moving in his favor...

He already knew that Rumi was a formidable foe and it wouldn't be easy to keep him subdued. He felt his strength at their first meeting and was aware that though he couldn't refuse the challenge, he wasn't without his wits.

As he glanced outside the window and saw the shadow of their mansion rising from the distance, a smile crept on his face as he realized that bringing Rumi in his turf, was like hitting two birds in one stone.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

103K 1.3K 25
What happens when Paige Forbes, a heretic, who has a daughter that has been kept a secret from the Mikaelson family for 16 years? What happens when t...
4.1K 253 16
Once you are in love with your best friend, things can never be the same as before... ... Just because I don't show it doesn't mean I'm not hurt. ...
103K 6.6K 39
Book 2 of '30 days of lust'. When you separated but destiny works it's way to let you meet again.
14K 686 20
When two uninterested people marry due to a uncertain situation , will that lead to a good future or the relationship become complicated. let's see...