Eternal Dream Hunts

By kerawinter11

Dream hunters, those unlucky lucid dreamers who unravel mysteries by experiencing nightmares firsthand, had a... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Photographs
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Fourteen

0 0 0
By kerawinter11

Guest of Honors

To welcome our guest!

Glance and Kera were in their combat mode. Few people fly in through the windows which made an impression to Kera that they are assassin ninjas hired by Nolan's army. Pitch dark with no sound of footsteps but breath getting fast. There was no count to be noted to know how many bullets are needed. 

The air was moving with everyone and so does the curtain flow with the wind. Kera! Glance whispered across the room as she was in charging to the kitchen. Don't shoot! 

Why? 

We need them alive! 

You know the rule!! Assassins are bound with promises the only way to break the promise is to die! If they are here to kill you, they will kill you!!

As Kera completed her sentence a knife passed in front of her face which made Kera smile to Glance;

 See! I told you!! 

Kera charged in front without any defense which made Glance concerned, but she did because she knew Glance was behind her to cover up. As the assassins attacked Kera and Glance they got separated and in mid of their shortcomings Kera again felt something weird to her head 'Not now!' she said as she started to lose balance. She felt liquid through her nose; it was bleeding. 

Glance shot the ninja dead when he saw his girl bleeding even though he was the first one to insist to not kill.  Enough for you! I can handle it said Glance pushing Kera harshly into the secret passage which opened as Glance touched some blocks through the books. 

No!!! until she could reach her voice out the passage the door was closed. It was dark again but that was not the feeling she was afraid of! 

She was afraid of not seeing Glance. Her memories of dreams came back to when she was losing Glance and back to when Karl was all hurt and Jack on verge of death. NO! NO! NO! she couldn't breathe and started to shake death to ground. The breath was getting heavy, no sign of her life in her and outside where Glance was fighting, both lives in madness. I can't breathe!!! her head started to spin and kept puking blood; she could feel blood rushing all over to her body. 

Ke-Kera!!! said Karl with flare accompanied by Jack. We heard the gun shots and--- before Karl could complete sentence, he saw the blood. The master Serum side effect!!! fu*k! Jack embraced Kera and started to run telling her to be awake. In that moment of her being started to get unconscious she had glimpses of her dream and had hallucinating episode where Jack was bleeding.  

Ja-Jack?? You are bleeding!!

Wh-what?

Jack!! oh no! lord no!!

What is she talking about Karl? 

She is hallucinating! We have to inject her the serum right now!!

Karl injected an unusual serum to Kera which made her body even more heavy. Before she could close her eyes completely, she heard Glance's voice,

 'Don't let her sleep, Karl! not ever again! 

I'm so tired! said Kera opening her eyes irritably to the brightness of light of morning. Where am I? she said as she noticed the ceiling. Oh, my daughter! a sweet voice came caring her face. It was Clove! Jack's mother. She started to talk about things and cared Kera with every sentence. Kera was tired but she felt safe and calm because of Clove. It's like a blessing to have people you love around you! thought Kera seeing Jack and Karl fighting with other with paper rolls. 

Glance? Where is Glance??

Oh my! that hurts my feelings!!! I'm taking care of you and you asking about him! Kera!!! I love you more than your lover!!

I know Miss Clove a mother like you has more love than any other lover! 

It's always been true that even though Kera didn't have any biological connection with the Royale family, yet Clove always uses to treat Kera like her own daughter. Even though Kera had a mother and whole family present in the mansion she would always think Royale family as her family more than hers because to her it felt real home. To her Jack was her family; everything. Sometimes he acts as a mother sometimes Father, brother, sister anything you could ask for. He was everything to Kera. 

I'm here only little bird! he said kissing her head. Kera hugged him tightly and everyone stopped looking at them. It felt that the world has suddenly stopped as Kera hugged him. Glance was feeling heavy for some reasons which made him to sit beside and hug her even more. We should leave them! sighed Miss Clove. 

Glance! Don't ever leave me like that!

I would never Kera! I would never! I will follow everywhere you go! I can go to bloody paths, dead bodies, dreams, eternal curses to be with you!!! 

Don't go anywhere! Don't follow me! Glance I want you to be here!! With me! In me! In front of my eyes and dreams! 

I'm already doing that Kera! said Glance caring her hairs. Glance kissed Kera slowly and emotionally to taste every piece of her hiding inside. Inside her fears, inside her dreams, inside her desires, her life. You are going to take rest! and I will hunt Nolan!!!

No! no!! Glance we do it together!

But little bir--

Shh!!! 

Said Kera covering Glance's lips. Not another word! her eyes soften. She couldn't lose Glance that was the only vision she had in her eyes. Alright! Alright! We will take the lead. The mission started minute later with every information Kera had remembered from Dream. From two bases to two information. They followed the bases and getting the pieces which yet created another map which no one was familiar with. 

I don't know if I ever had saw this! said Dr. Mucchin; Kera's father who was sitting by the private investigator room with others. Alright! give me the watch and key! 

What! how do you know it? 

I had saw that in dream and please tell what's the meaning behind it!!

Get the quartz and you will know it! 

And the key? encountered Karl

I don't know what key you are talking about!

The one which leads to the other side said Glance. 

Other side? asked Jack who didn't knew about it because he was busy arraigning his pawns for every mission. It's a code word used by Morris and the Alchemists to get to the source of the serum. It was given to Mucchin as he didn't know the place and also because no one in the town has power to go against or kill him dude to his security. 

The key! laughed Mucchin looking at Glance telling him it's not for him. What you mean father? 

Kera! only you will know it when time is right! 

I don't know anything about Key!!!

You won't! not now! not in this state of helplessness!!

Kera gritted her teeth because she remembered how her father taunted about her that she is nothing without him and his power. She looked away and Glace signed Karl to take him away because he won't be any help. All he does is hurt me! mumbled Kera. 

Glance are you going for drinks? 

Yes! to our town! want to join!!

Of course, I will join if you are going there! been a while since I had aunt's sweet bread and old man's wine!

Only few drinks alright!!! said Glance in seriousness!

OF COURSE!!! smiled Kera but as they arrived the town everything turned around. Jack and Kera started to have competition and Kera kept banging the table with the wooden cup of her alcohol. Gosh! Gracious! I told her not to do that! said Glance to himself. 

Woah! it won't give some problem to her? asked Karl who was passing beer to Glance. 

I hope so! everything is too much for her right now! She wanted to visit the town to be free for a moment. Why don't you go and dance!! 

What - no not right---

HEY! GLANCE IS ASKING FOR DANCE!!!

The town cheered and Glance banged his head. Ah! you prick!!!

Karl smirked and took out his shoes. You are so into it now said Glance looking at Karl and realized he had already lost it now. Kera was still full of energy; she immediately grabbed the violin and started to play around. Glance started to play bandoneon singing-

Oh! oh! oh! 

Look where she goes!!

Again, drinking at the wine shop!!

She will be stomping and dancing on the benches! 

Don't stop her cause you would be blessed!

To see such a beauty singing and giggling! 

~Oh wait! my heart suddenly started to feel something!

IS IT ME?

Yes, it's you!

Or the wine?

Nope! definitely you!

Making me go crazy!!

But hey I like you busy!!! 

~Should I sing something with you? 

~ That would be great!

Well! No one can stop me stomping and beating! 

All I do is dancing! singing and giggling! 

I have a gentleman with me who is feeling!!

Oh no not me! again!

Kera kept her pochette aside and started to run towards Glance on the long aisle benches of the wine shop. Glance immediately put everything aside and came forward to catch her lady. Kera turned around by the edge of bench tippy toes and closed her eyes. She did her trust fall and he was the right person for it. Everyone was laughing at the stunt she had pulled but she didn't stop there. 

It's not only you feel something! she continued singing which made Glance blush in red. Oh lord! save me!! The children joined in by circle and started to dance which made everyone to forget their problems. After few times Kera dozed off on Glance's shoulder drooling over him. 

Good night, Kera! he said. 

Wh-what is it! again! why it is so dark! thought Kera as she entered the dream. Am I in dream void? she said, and her voice echoed. This is weird! the void is so cold and so dark!! My voice getting loud with every thought. I can't move though! Am I having sleeping paralysis again? 

Wake up Kera! said Glance as he noticed her eye moment in her sleep. Kera yawned as she woke up telling Glance she has paralysis again. We have to work fast now to make you recover from this shit deal said Glance in frustration. 

Everyone started to work with their hangover soup. Ah! I drank too much said Jack hitting the couch again. Jack! have you arranged the carriage for the hunt? asked Kera.

Before we go there! we have to do something with this watch!! We have to hurry!! said Glance packing candles and clothes. Seems like a long journey thought Kera. 

As they arrived at the watch shop and requested for the quartz. The shopkeeper looked at Kera and smiling he invited her into the big shop of his. Oh, you are here to repair your father's watch!

How did you know it's my father's watch? 

Only daughter gets the broken watches from the father!! he laughed hilariously over the topic thinking it was funny. Glance got busy looking around when the shopkeeper called Kera into his office asking her to fetch his glasses from there. She thought he couldn't walk properly nor could see that's why he asked her for the glasses. She got into the office and opened the drawer as she was looking for the glasses. Wh-what's that? 

Kera noticed a key inside the stone. She rubbed her eyes thinking she is seeing things. As she touched it; it all fell on the found breaking into pieces. Oh no! what have I done!!!

One breaks into thousands to know the thousands crack yet joining into the one timeline; to the same destiny which is written! said the old man. 

What-? Who-who are you? 

Just a traveller ay! said the old man with a really old-fashioned manner as if he was a pirate.  Glance came as he heard the voice and so did the shopkeeper. What happened? 

Oh, I touched it and it all broke! I'm so sorry the key-- ke-stone!

It's alright little girl! It was old anyways! I can make thousands of time stone like these! 

Key? asked Glance!!

Yes! the one you are looking for said the shopkeeper smiling at Glance on one side and pointing the gun to Kera on the other. TIME IS EVERYTHING LIFE AS WELL AS DEATH AND WE ARE SHORT ON BOTH!! 

So, die Kera!! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

437 87 14
Two people have never dreamed of the exact same thing at the exact same time. It's virtually impossible - until it happened to you, and someone you'v...
81 0 30
An amazing high school of the country; Dreamworld where students are the future but there in unusual practice inside the school, that students and ou...
17 3 24
An old and never resolved dream comes back to haunt Jonas's mind for a night after years submerged into oblivion in the depths of his subconscious. A...
4.2K 791 31
-MYSTERY- I'm dead. Deceased. Definitely not breathing. Laying in my favorite striped bikini, the one that fit the absolute best, and showed off m...